Unreasonable

kingantti1874

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Constant turnover of managers? We’ve had 5 managers in ten years? That’s about average. Anyone who pays attention to football knows that, they also know that club’s turnover about 5-10 players every season. Thats football today, you dont have time to develop the team, hes 20 games in and we’re worse than we were after his first home game. 
There were positives yesterday, but we still dropped more points at home that we can’t afford too if we want to finish 3rd again. 
The style he promised and delivered against RC and Aberdeen isn’t there, which was the reason most people wanted him to get a chance. All we are seeing is more of the same. 

We saw it yesterday. As pretty much everyone agrees bar unreasonable posters who literally only care about being right. 

You are right on one thing.  it is  the way football has gone, doesn’t make it right. It’s really really really stupid.  Took JJ years to turn us around.  

honestly if I were a manager I’d have to think twice before taking the hearts job.   Poison chalice largely on account of our “support”

Edited by kingantti1874

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Pasquale for King

• HopeDiouf

il Duce McTarkin
32 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

You agree with the Lowry to Beni sub with half an hour to go? 

I don't understand football, bud.

1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

Can we also dispense with this idea that this is all about yesterday’s result. We’ve won 3 league games out of 8 so far, when everyone was clamouring about how easy a start we were handed. 

This.

The acceptance of mediocrity is creeping in at an alarming rate. 

Yesterdays game should have been fairly comfortable based on the chances passed up. We let them back into the game. That wasn't all on Naismith. Mistakes cost us.

But over the whole we have dropped a hell of a lot of points already this season.

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Naismith.  Starts with a very attacking team and made a sensible sub when Lowry was burst which didn’t really impact the game.  Absolutely hammered for making a so called “defensive” sub.

literally the same posters were all over Stephen Robinson.  A guy who’s never started with an attacking team in his life.  Because he’s experienced and currently having a very small purple patch.  But according to some he will probably learn to play on the front foot at hearts 

so we don’t want an attacking manager who made a logical defensive sub, we want a manager who’s style is boring, disruptive and looks to give up possession on a baseless hop he will get better 

ironic, hilarious, irrational, clueless and unreasonable.

JKB in a nutshell.

Can i also add he made a "defensive" sub while we had a ridiculously depleted defense on the park and Hibs were about to chuck everything at us. People giving it the big expert bullshit.

One mishit clearance and one stupid refusal to use weak foot. Done.

Nowt to do with subs. Nowt to do with inexperience of a coach. We trounced hibs and our injuries plus 2 brain farts cost us.

Petted lips and tantrums all round. The usual complete and utter lack of emotional intelligence on jkb abounds.

1 minute ago, 151 said:

This.

Yesterdays game should have been fairly comfortable based on the chances passed up. We let them back into the game. That wasn't all on Naismith. Mistakes cost us.

But over the whole we have dropped a hell of a lot of points already this season.

That's the issue for me. Not one game. Results since he came in. Not anywhere near good enough.

I'd give a manager time to get it right and see if they can replicate what they've achieved before and presumably why I hired them.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Can i also add he made a "defensive" sub while we had a ridiculously depleted defense on the park and Hibs were about to chuck everything at us. People giving it the big expert bullshit.

One mishit clearance and one stupid refusal to use weak foot. Done.

Nowt to do with subs. Nowt to do with inexperience of a coach. We trounced hibs and our injuries plus 2 brain farts cost us.

Petted lips and tantrums all round. The usual complete and utter lack of emotional intelligence on jkb abounds.

We didn't trounce them. We drew 2-2. You are happy to make excuses, but drawing with the hobos at home is not good enough.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We saw it yesterday. As pretty much everyone agrees bar unreasonable posters who literally only care about being right. 

You are right on one thing.  it is  the way football has gone, doesn’t make it right. It’s really really really stupid.  Took JJ years to turn us around.  

honestly if I were a manager I’d have to think twice before taking the hearts job.   Poison chalice largely on account of our “support”

Turn us around? He had a team in 4th place that clearly just needed to regather its focus, one or two quality signings and a different mindset in certain games. It’s not like he took a team on its arse. 

TweedbankJambo
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

When was it exactly we became so unreasonable as a support? 

Yesterday. With the benefit of hindsight naisy got the subs and adjustments wrong. . But looking at it on face value there was a lot of logic behind the subs and the adjustments he made based on the players available to  him right now.  If we had a fit or match fit Oda, Mackay, Tagawa , Cochrane, Natty, Halkett those aren’t the changes he’d have made are they?

He isn’t the first manager to make a mistake with subs, and he certainly won’t be the last.  Imagine this forum had existed in 01-01-1998.  JJ would never have made the cup final it seems based on the views of some on here.  

There is also something very disingenuous with posts completely omitting the fact that he got the starting line up very very very right. We absolutely bossed the game until 2 individual errors, and even with the setback we were still the better side.  Looking at it in a balanced way it was as good a derby performance as we’ve had for years 20+ efforts at goal in a fixture which is usually turgid.  Highlight the positives where it’s due for god sake.  If Toby hadn’t had a brain fart then we’d be waxing lyrical about yesterday..

Undoubtedly it was a massive kick in the baws.  I hardly slept a wink ffs - absolute nightmare but surely we have to take the positives. 

We were very good yesterday, we’ve been on a decent run and have won as many away games this season as we did in the whole of last season, we’ve don’t this whilst missing a full first 11. Has it been good enough overall ? Absolutely not but I have seen improvement since McEvoy moved aside (that was a farce ) and I don’t see any reasons why we won’t continue to see improvement .  

If Naisy keeps making tactical errors over the next 5/6 then I will be all over it but it was only days ago he was being praised for tactical changes and subs against Killie and Ross county, so no pattern there yet is there.

Well said. I can't argue with any of this.👍

kingantti1874
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

That's the issue for me. Not one game. Results since he came in. Not anywhere near good enough.

Listen I agree this season hasn’t started well overall.  But we have absolutely improved since McEvoy’s was taken out the picture.

here are some other lenses

our performances AND results in the top 6 last season stand up favourably against ALL hearts managers.

weve won more away games by early October than we did in the whole of last season

we are in league cup semi for first time in years 

In last 5 post Frankie  we’ve won 3 (2 away), drawn 1 and lost 1. Despite horrendous injury problems and criminal individual mistakes yesterday.

we were very very clearly miles ahead of hibs yesterday, despite brutal injury problems

we will finish third imo

buzzbomb1958
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly ! We've not even played the old firm yet but lost against St mirren , Dundee, motherwell and dropped points against kilmarnock and a honking hibs team yesterday but some accept mediocrity 

This is also what the board are thinking about the fans , they’ve accepted mediocrity for over 5 seasons they will come every week whatever,It seems to me the board are also happy with mediocrity on the park because they know they will never be held to account because there are too many happy clappers in this support brutal but true

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

We didn't trounce them. We drew 2-2. You are happy to make excuses, but drawing with the hobos at home is not good enough.

pep guardiola would not win every game against hibs at home. We will never hire a manager who will beat hibs every time.  

Just a daft post. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Listen I agree this season hasn’t started well overall.  But we have absolutely improved since McEvoy’s was taken out the picture.

here are some other lenses

our performances AND results in the top 6 last season stand up favourably against ALL hearts managers.

weve won more away games by early October than we did in the whole of last season

we are in league cup semi for first time in years 

In last 5 post Frankie  we’ve won 3 (2 away), drawn 1 and lost 1. Despite horrendous injury problems and criminal individual mistakes yesterday.

we were very very clearly miles ahead of hibs yesterday, despite brutal injury problems

we will finish third imo

Mcavoy is not out of any picture. He's doing the same job he's had all along.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

See, I don’t think it’s that simple.

For sure, you’re right about modern attitudes. Supporters are less patient than ever and it’s driven by social media which perpetuates the myth that no club has limits (when actually, 99% of clubs do). It’s created a particular obsession with transfers - the fixation about how you could be better, who you could sign (even if those signings are unrealistic or wouldn’t actually make a significant difference).

But see at Hearts, there’s underlying scepticism about whether our ownership have the first ****ing idea what they’re doing when it comes to the actual football team. The weirdness around Naismith’s original appointment is merely an extension of so many poor or questionable decisions - made by a regime which has had the very same person at the top since 2014. They have a knack of making themselves look clueless.

So the question: are the HMFC support just ludicrously impatient? Or do they simply not have faith in what’s going on? Personally I think it’s a mixture of both but the second part is a major factor. Answer me this: if the Budge regime said ‘trust us, Naismith is right for this job’, why on earth would you trust them?

The football track record is pretty pish. The board are never accountable. It’s a problem.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

When was it exactly we became so unreasonable as a support? 

Yesterday. With the benefit of hindsight naisy got the subs and adjustments wrong. . But looking at it on face value there was a lot of logic behind the subs and the adjustments he made based on the players available to  him right now.  If we had a fit or match fit Oda, Mackay, Tagawa , Cochrane, Natty, Halkett those aren’t the changes he’d have made are they?

He isn’t the first manager to make a mistake with subs, and he certainly won’t be the last.  Imagine this forum had existed in 01-01-1998.  JJ would never have made the cup final it seems based on the views of some on here.  

There is also something very disingenuous with posts completely omitting the fact that he got the starting line up very very very right. We absolutely bossed the game until 2 individual errors, and even with the setback we were still the better side.  Looking at it in a balanced way it was as good a derby performance as we’ve had for years 20+ efforts at goal in a fixture which is usually turgid.  Highlight the positives where it’s due for god sake.  If Toby hadn’t had a brain fart then we’d be waxing lyrical about yesterday..

Undoubtedly it was a massive kick in the baws.  I hardly slept a wink ffs - absolute nightmare but surely we have to take the positives. 

We were very good yesterday, we’ve been on a decent run and have won as many away games this season as we did in the whole of last season, we’ve don’t this whilst missing a full first 11. Has it been good enough overall ? Absolutely not but I have seen improvement since McEvoy moved aside (that was a farce ) and I don’t see any reasons why we won’t continue to see improvement .  

If Naisy keeps making tactical errors over the next 5/6 then I will be all over it but it was only days ago he was being praised for tactical changes and subs against Killie and Ross county, so no pattern there yet is there.

I'm with you here. Good post.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

pep guardiola would not win every game against hibs at home. We will never hire a manager who will beat hibs every time.  

Just a daft post. 

Nit as daft as all the posts you've made trying to defend naismith when his results ain't good enough

Sounded a cracking game on radio.

Am I disappointed you bet, shit happens. 

Not as good a start as I hoped for but as faraway fan I am totally helpless so I aint coming on here to blame or lose the heid.

Dare say next week back to lookong forward to next game.

Never easy supporting this club.

Edited by Turkishcap
Usual spelling predictive text

Just a daft post. 

Fairly sure he'd be on more than 3 wins after 8 games tho. Especially if those 8 didn't include OF.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That is a honking hibs team , they are garbage 

Largely they are, but they’ve got 2 very good players up front and for 20 minutes in the second half, we let them hurt us. Could have been prevented of course but those two are NOT garbage. They would both get a start for us.

For me it's not about being unreasonable, but more about demanding standards from the football club, something our board doesn't seem to care about imo but that's another story, these are the very same standards that Naisy claims to want to uphold as well.

The fact is we are a very big club in Scotland (3rd biggest by a mile) 

Now i know that doesnt guarantee success or anything as we have got to go out and earn the wins,

so far under the current regime we have not done that and i am very much in the worried camp.

The standards are well bellow par at the moment, that's 3 wins in our first 8 matches and we haven't even played the OF yet!

I expect to get 0 from Old Firm, so if that's the case we will be looking at around 6th place come the first round of fixtures.

No amount of excuses can make up for that, not injuries, not playing well but not winning and certainly not individual errors.

The proof is in the pudding and the buck stops with those running the football department of the club, the league table does not lie.

I wanted it to work for Naismith but it's just so clear that it is not working, it's hard for me to not to point out the car crash that is inevitably coming.

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just a daft post. 

Paulo Sergio.

Edited by Taffin

JJ was pretty rubbish at using subs as I remember...Still he did usually start with the right selection and could get a reaction at half-time...

kingantti1874

5 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Fairly sure he'd be on more than 3 wins after 8 games tho. Especially if those 8 didn't include OF.

system probably wouldn’t work  But maybe we go get him ! I’d be all for it.  Derek McInness or Stephen Robinson.  Not so much. 

funny thing is he took the biggest job in world football straight from a B team. There’s some irony there

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, 151 said:

This.

Naismith’s already had about six months with the team. His impact has been feeble. Believes his own hype, helped by our fanbase hyping him up on the basis of nowt.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Paulo Sergio.

Loved Paulo, 

But he finished 5th and wouldn’t win every fixture against them if he’d stayed beyond 70% of a season.   You’d all be calling for his head without a shadow of doubt .

id be the one defending him

michaeljambo22

Unfortunately for Naismith if Kingsley didn’t get injured we win that game bringing in Halliday at left back might of been a better option sibbick at centre back cost us 3points

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Largely they are, but they’ve got 2 very good players up front and for 20 minutes in the second half, we let them hurt us. Could have been prevented of course but those two are NOT garbage. They would both get a start for us.

That's fair 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I expect to finish 3rd. I’m confident after yesterday, Killie and RC away.

So drawing at home to a bang average Hibs teams and narrowly beating Killie and Ross County has you confident for 3rd? 

Completely dismissing the other games where we are played crap and made mistake after mistake. 

Naismith f’d it yesterday at the end of the day. Yes, give him credit for getting the initial set up right but all that good work was undone by his poor decision making. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

So drawing at home to a bang average Hibs teams and narrowly beating Killie and Ross County has you confident for 3rd? 

Completely dismissing the other games where we are played crap and made mistake after mistake. 

Naismith f’d it yesterday at the end of the day. Yes, give him credit for getting the initial set up right but all that good work was undone by his poor decision making. 

yes becuase I have this ability to look at context and can see that the trend is we are improving.  I’ve no interested in simply being right. 

i also know Aberdeen and hibs will be our actual rivals for 3rd when stmirren fall away.  

and we’ve totally dominated both of them.  Unlucky to only take 4 from 6 despite literally missing  a team full of starters.

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

yes becuase I have this ability to look at context and can see that the trend is we are improving.

i also know and hibs will be our actual rivals for 3rd when stmirren fall away.  

and we’ve totally dominated both of them.  Unlucky to only take 4 from 6 despite literally missing  a team full of starters 

The trend is we've got 3 wins from 8 league games. Nowhere near good enough.

yes becuase I have this ability to look at context and can see that the trend is we are improving.

i also know and hibs will be our actual rivals for 3rd when stmirren fall away.  

and we’ve totally dominated both of them.  Unlucky to only take 4 from 6 despite literally missing  a team full of starters 

I’d suggest a LC away win against Killie along with an away with at RC doesn’t constitute a trend. 

if anything if we look at the end of last season and the start of this then we actually see these these wins are an anomaly. 

Then we have the absolute cluster **** of yesterday. It’s inexcusable to give away 2 goals in quick succession. The captain and manager need to do more. 

weak mentality is hardly the recipe of 3rd. We have seen time and time again that this team are bottlers. 

Edited by RedStarRiot

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Loved Paulo, 

But he finished 5th and wouldn’t win every fixture against them if he’d stayed beyond 70% of a season.   You’d all be calling for his head without a shadow of doubt .

id be the one defending him

I wouldn't be calling for his head. He won a cup, beat Hibs every game (even though Pep couldn't do it) and played decent football imo. Came with a decent pedigree and a game plan.  What's not to like? 5th, sure not good enough now but he was managing a squad not getting paid.

Maybe he wouldn't do it forever, Naismith hasn't had 70% of a season either so their matches played vs Hibs is pretty comparable.

Edited by Taffin

Posting gibberish, demanding answers, grizzling about not accepting mediocrity, setting ludicrous unreachable moveable expectation levels and generally calling into question everything the club says or doesn't say will always make the players play so much better.

Works every time so it does.

It’s clear many think SN is going to be very good for us.

I don’t. Absolute no point in me and others trying to say why not just to get abuse , so (hope I’m wrong) but by the time new year comes we will see for sure.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

yes becuase I have this ability to look at context and can see that the trend is we are improving.  I’ve no interested in simply being right. 

i also know Aberdeen and hibs will be our actual rivals for 3rd when stmirren fall away.  

and we’ve totally dominated both of them.  Unlucky to only take 4 from 6 despite literally missing  a team full of starters.

How long are we allowed to be "unlucky" for until some element of responsibility for shitty results is taken? 

We've had two opportunities to go 3rd under Naismith and both times he's choked. 3 derbies with no wins. 

Byyy The Light
42 minutes ago, 151 said:

This.

This is the new mantra of pish a lot of Hearts fans are spouting. It’s utter bollocks.

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

St Mirren fall away ?  Gogic absolutely bosses us every feking time.  Is that not a worry ? As sure as night follows day it’s guaranteed he will do so again. We have won only 3 from 8 ffs. And haven’t yet played the old firm or been to pittodrie or Easter road. 

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Posting gibberish, demanding answers, grizzling about not accepting mediocrity, setting ludicrous unreachable moveable expectation levels and generally calling into question everything the club says or doesn't say will always make the players play so much better.

Works every time so it does.

Absolute Spangles. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

The trend is we've got 3 wins from 8 league games. Nowhere near good enough.

you realise:

- If we beat Celtic that would be  a 44 % league win rate which puts his record up there.  If we beat livi as well that would be 50% putting him amongst the greats . If we lose to Celtic and beat livi it will be 40% which is still above average

- Very clearly away form has improved given we’ve won as many this season in the whole of last

- we are in a cup semi after a hard away fixture at a venue most hearts managers lose at

- His record and performances in the top 6 record stand up to ANY hearts manager 

Is Room for continue improvement yes without doubt there is even given the circumstances he needs to contend with.  

Suggesting he needs sacked = unreasonable .  All you are going is proving my point.  We can all

look at things in isolation and draw whatever conclusions we want 

you realise:

- If we beat Celtic that would be  a 44 % league win rate which puts his record up there.  If we beat livi as well that would be 50% putting him amongst the greats . If we lose to Celtic and beat livi it will be 40% which is still above average

- Very clearly away form has improved given we’ve won as many this season in the whole of last

- we are in a cup semi after a hard away fixture at a venue most hearts managers lose at

- His record and performances in the top 6 record stand up to ANY hearts manager 

Is Room for continue improvement yes without doubt there is even given the circumstances he needs to contend with.  

Suggesting he needs sacked = unreasonable .  All you are going is proving my point.  We can all

the league table doesn't lie. Results not good enough.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you realise:

If If If 🤣🤣

Our home form is superb so it is. You must be delighted with that. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

How long are we allowed to be "unlucky" for until some element of responsibility for shitty results is taken? 

We've had two opportunities to go 3rd under Naismith and both times he's choked. 3 derbies with no wins. 

The expectation is third. He should stay until we can no longer achieve it as long as players continue to play for him and we see improvement.

You want to employ defensive, disruptive slug ball manager like Stephen Robinson on the back of a 7 game purple patch. A guy who picked up 0.86 points per game at morcambe, after a 12 game losing streak at Motherwell.  On the hope that he will suddenly discover how to play on the front foot.   Sheesh. I’m sure he never made any mistakes at those clubs.  

Anyway.  I think I’ve made my point.  I take encouragement that so much remain rational free thinking individual who’s will continue to support rather than tear down everything and anything. 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I wouldn't be calling for his head. He won a cup, beat Hibs every game (even though Pep couldn't do it) and played decent football imo. Came with a decent pedigree and a game plan.  What's not to like? 5th, sure not good enough now but he was managing a squad not getting paid.

Maybe he wouldn't do it forever, Naismith hasn't had 70% of a season either so their matches played vs Hibs is pretty comparable.

At least he was managing a fit squad with some players in it miles ahead of what we can afford now.  E.g Suso and Rudi

I have been very critical of him the last few weeks even when winning but we played well yesterday and I can see some light now.What we need now is for our forwards to find a bit of form.

Edit - I still don't think he was the right appointment though and I think I will still be to and fro about our performances

Edited by vegas-voss

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

If If If 🤣🤣

Our home form is superb so it is. You must be delighted with that. 

every point was a statement of fact.  there was zero opinion.  If we lose at home v livi I’ll agree that isn’t good enough

Our home form was absolutely terrible, but in last 2 is clearly improved in the last 2 where we dominated both hibs and Aberdeen.  Our actual rivals who spend as much if not more than we do. 

another statement of fact. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Having pretty much a full team of starters out is huge and no team would be be able to cope . We aren’t doing too badly despite our squad being decimated. 

To suggest that we should be able to manage with a full team out is madness. 

Where did I say “if” every point was a statement of fact.  there was zero opinion. 

Our home form was absolutely terrible, but in last 2 is clearly improved in the last 2 where we dominated both hibs and Aberdeen.  Our actual rivals who spend as much if not more than we do. 

another statement of fact. 

If we beat celtic.......

If we beat livi....

Edited by HopeDiouf

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Having pretty much a full team of starters out is huge and no team would be be able to cope . We aren’t doing too badly despite our squad being decimated. 

To suggest that we should be able to manage with a full team out is madness. 

basically.