Unreasonable

kingantti1874

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We do. And Lowry needs some practice on his corners and free kicks. He seems to hit the first man a helluva lot. 

trying to hit that flat cross.  Which if it works is very effect.  Exactly what you want.

but execution was off on sat.  Lowry was superb that aside

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Pasquale for King

• HopeDiouf

Some great posts and some drivel.

There is too much old firm entitlement to get a result amongst our support and and never an acceptance that their suggestions might not work out just as the managers didn’t. On paper the subs didn’t work out but really that was down to mistakes.

But there is a lot of drivel said about changing systems. It never changed on Saturday. When Lowry came off Devlin starting playing much further forward ahead of Calem and Beni I assume to keep the press up.

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Halliday in v boyle

Offiah central 

sibbick central

Be honest there are no good choices at all.  Easier with hindsight but no one next to me was shouting or thinking he got it wrong when Kingsley went off. 

Opposite where I was sat buddy , we all said surely Halliday had to go on where he's played before loads of times and it's only one change but that was only one change that was wrong in my opinion 

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

trying to hit that flat cross.  Which if it works is very effect.  Exactly what you want.

but execution was off on sat.  Lowry was superb that aside

Absolutely, he had a very good game. If he could just improve those corners and free kicks we'd be a very potent threat up front. 

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Opposite where I was sat buddy , we all said surely Halliday had to go on where he's played before loads of times and it's only one change but that was only one change that was wrong in my opinion 

And yet we had posters on here pre game saying they don't want Halliday anywhere near the team. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

And yet we had posters on here pre game saying they don't want Halliday anywhere near the team. 

We did buddy, a seen that aswell but for me he was the natural choice in a needs be situation but that's just my opinion 

20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Look. Not wading in here and it did look like the correct option, but with hindsight, if we put Halliday on, and he sold the jerseys with a mistake in defence, would all those saying that it was the right move, then turn round and admit that they got it wrong themselves ? 

I'll answer that one. No. Unfortunately they would have said that Naismith sold the jerseys with putting Halliday on the pitch and it should never have been considered because of his lack of game time this season.  

I really think that he just can't win at times and especially with anyone who have already made their own mind up about him. 

It's all opinions I guess. 

Edited by Hearts1975

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Look. Not wading in here and it did look like the correct option, but with hindsight, if we put Halliday on, and he sold the jerseys with a mistake in defence, would all those saying that it was the right move, then turn round and admit that they got it wrong themselves ? 

I'll answer that one. No. Unfortunately they would have said that Naismith sold the jerseys with putting Halliday on the pitch and it should never have been considered because of his lack of game time this season.  

Wasn't only substitution he got wrong in my opinion , taking lowry off for beni was also wrong decision but that's just my opinion! We can all agree to disagree if we differ on opinions

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wasn't only substitution he got wrong in my opinion , taking lowry off for beni was also wrong decision but that's just my opinion! We can all agree to disagree if we differ on opinions

Don't get me wrong. I agree 100% that the subs didn't work out for us and imo he got it wrong. 

I guess I'm almost trying to say that if he had done X,Y and Z differently on the day we still don't know for certain how things would have panned out in a scenario that may have looked correct on paper, but never happened in practice 

We are all different. Nothing wrong with having a conversation where opinions differ. 100% agree with that. 

Go for it 1308
23 hours ago, HoGwash said:

👏👏

23 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

When was it exactly we became so unreasonable as a support? 

Yesterday. With the benefit of hindsight naisy got the subs and adjustments wrong. . But looking at it on face value there was a lot of logic behind the subs and the adjustments he made based on the players available to  him right now.  If we had a fit or match fit Oda, Mackay, Tagawa , Cochrane, Natty, Halkett those aren’t the changes he’d have made are they?

He isn’t the first manager to make a mistake with subs, and he certainly won’t be the last.  Imagine this forum had existed in 01-01-1998.  JJ would never have made the cup final it seems based on the views of some on here.  

There is also something very disingenuous with posts completely omitting the fact that he got the starting line up very very very right. We absolutely bossed the game until 2 individual errors, and even with the setback we were still the better side.  Looking at it in a balanced way it was as good a derby performance as we’ve had for years 20+ efforts at goal in a fixture which is usually turgid.  Highlight the positives where it’s due for god sake.  If Toby hadn’t had a brain fart then we’d be waxing lyrical about yesterday..

Undoubtedly it was a massive kick in the baws.  I hardly slept a wink ffs - absolute nightmare but surely we have to take the positives. 

We were very good yesterday, we’ve been on a decent run and have won as many away games this season as we did in the whole of last season, we’ve don’t this whilst missing a full first 11. Has it been good enough overall ? Absolutely not but I have seen improvement since McEvoy moved aside (that was a farce ) and I don’t see any reasons why we won’t continue to see improvement .  

If Naisy keeps making tactical errors over the next 5/6 then I will be all over it but it was only days ago he was being praised for tactical changes and subs against Killie and Ross county, so no pattern there yet is there.

Yeah I've calmed down now....good post. FAO 'Hogwash' . I've finally watched the highlights 😉

22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We did buddy, a seen that aswell but for me he was the natural choice in a needs be situation but that's just my opinion 

👍

buzzbomb1958

This team are soft as shoite the defending is keystone cops in nature until this is fixed the result on Saturday will keep on happening, every team in the league know this but nothing is done to fix it

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This team are soft as shoite the defending is keystone cops in nature until this is fixed the result on Saturday will keep on happening, every team in the league know this but nothing is done to fix it

WHat do you want done to fix it?  Magic wand to get Halks, Natty and Cochrane fit again?  Kingsley not to notice he's injured?  Best defensive record in the league, despite all the personnel issues.  Not lost a single goal from a set piece this seaon (I think).

Bad lapse against St Mirren, bad moment for the 2nd on Saturday.

I don't think we can call our defence soft as shite, basically.  The boy Vassell at Killie is a total bully and a decent player, our CHs had a tough night against him.  But we stuck to our guns and defended him again and again and again.

Despite what many Hearts fans seem to think, a back 4 of 

Nat Kent Rowles Alex/Kingsley

is as good as you'll get in this league outwith the OF and not as many million miles of that level as we've had in the past either (Shaughnessy anyone?).  If every fullback at the club gets injured before Halks gets back, well, whatyagonado?

50 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Halliday would have been slaughtered by Boyle or Youan.  People are crazy if they think he could have halted their attacks. He'd have been booked in 5 mins and walking a tightrope thereafter.

22 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We've got the joint best defence in the league. 

21 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We've got the joint best defence in the league. 

because we haven't played either of OF yet.  we'll be adding about 6-8 goals to our against tally in those 2 matches.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Surely you can legislate to an extent by not withdrawing your creative outlet and opting to go ultra defensive for the last half hour?

Moving Toby to CH and the other substitutions all 

contributed to us not walking away with a good victory. We signed up for all action attacking front foot football, what he did on Saturday was Neilsonesque. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Agree to an extent but he played there nearly the whole of last season. Asking him to slot in for half an hour shouldn’t have been that big a deal but it was and it didn’t work. Hopefully he’s not needed there again. 

He was absolutely awful there in a back 4 and cost us a lot of goals last season, it was about 60 minutes. The manager hasn’t played him at CH in a 4 at all yet this season, hopefully he wont again. 

31 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

because we haven't played either of OF yet.  we'll be adding about 6-8 goals to our against tally in those 2 matches.

We don't know that yet. And we might have some of our better players back by the time we play them. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, longmalx said:

Some great posts and some drivel.

There is too much old firm entitlement to get a result amongst our support and and never an acceptance that their suggestions might not work out just as the managers didn’t. On paper the subs didn’t work out but really that was down to mistakes.

But there is a lot of drivel said about changing systems. It never changed on Saturday. When Lowry came off Devlin starting playing much further forward ahead of Calem and Beni I assume to keep the press up.

Talk about drivel, we played 4231 until Lowry went off then he changed it to 433 with two DMs ahead of the Hoff, we went from 2-0 to 2-2 and 55% possession to 50% after the disastrous subs and change of formation. 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

FWIW I thought the exact same however if Halliday comes on and gets beat by Boyle and they score then fans would be berating Naismith for bringing on someone with no pace against Boyle.

The injury and substitution definitely disrupted our flow.

In regards to the other subs I think Lowry had ran his race. The only issue is who he replaced him with.

1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

We don't know that yet. And we might have some of our better players back by the time we play them. 

More likely we'll rush them back to early (see Mackay and Halkett) and have them out for another period.

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Halliday would've got destroyed for pace by Boyle or Yuan. I see the logic in not putting him in there, Hibs would've exploited it big time with balls over the top in to the channels

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

When was it exactly we became so unreasonable as a support? 

Around 2016, I'd say.

Yep, 15/16. Finishing well ahead of Rangers the year before in the Championship has really done a number on people.

7 hours ago, Homme said:

Yep, 15/16. Finishing well ahead of Rangers the year before in the Championship has really done a number on people.

nonsense.  I’ve followed us for nigh on 40 years and not had a number done on me. I’m not blind. But I’d fully expect to be in a better position than we are in right now given who we have played. It’s not unrealistic to think we should be beating at least a couple out of Dundee, St Mirren, Motherwell, Hibs, or Kilmarnock.  
Im not naive enough to think we will win them all but with the first quarter of the season coming to an end (and barring any exceptional results against the uglies) it’s not good enough.

seems a lot on here are happy enough so I suppose 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, Homme said:

That’s maybe right. But the fan owned thing is a massive factor too. We constantly get this projection of what a great position we’re in but the reality of the FOH takeover is that the best thing about is that we exist. I’m not saying that’s not essential, it’s clearly the be-all for a football club, but in terms of the actual football, this nine year Budge era wouldn’t even get a look-in in conversations about Hearts’ best times. It’s been largely devoid of magic.

You could almost say that the bait on the hook is this mythical time in the future when everything clicks. We’re supposed to believe in that. But nothing the club does makes it look like it’s coming. We’re bang average.

9 hours ago, Homme said:

1 point from 12 against Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Mirren so far this season. Aye, we're an overly entitled bunch.

:rofl:

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, gazmcduff said:

Comical Antti and Tosh putting out fires everywhere it seems on this forum

152 posts in 16 years.

That is unreal.  A man of few worlds .  You’d think with that sort of contribution they’d be worth waiting for 🤣

Edited by kingantti1874

27 minutes ago, Carter said:

1 point from 12 against Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Mirren so far this season. Aye, we're an overly entitled bunch.

We've ran out our only good manager in the past ten years. 

Twice.

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

152 posts in 16 years.

That is unreal.  A man of few worlds .  You’d think with that sort of contribution they’d be worth waiting for 🤣

1 hour ago, Homme said:

We've ran out our only good manager in the past ten years. 

Twice.

Aye

And good riddance :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2023 at 10:33, Sir PH said:

well thats the first 4 done.