Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

Footballfirst

I expect that Israel will respond in the next month or so by knocking out arms factories and any facilities related to Iran's alleged nuclear weapons development programme. Last night's attack provides them with the perfect vindication for such action. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

Debut 4
10 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

WW3 right before we’re about to win the Scottish Cup 

:sob:

At least we won’t have to stand in the West Stand and watch Shelleck fans wave about Palestinian flags.  

Israel attacks a consulate building, a clear breach of international law, again. Not one word of condemnation from western governments. Iran retaliates with a symbolic show and the western world is up in arms. 

Diadora Van Basten
15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Israel attacks a consulate building, a clear breach of international law, again. Not one word of condemnation from western governments. Iran retaliates with a symbolic show and the western world is up in arms. 

Very true, Iran has fallen into the trap laid by Netanyahu and now Israel can play the victim again.

It was just a bit of showbiz by the Iranians. Launch a load of stuff and then announce you’ve done it just after they take off. 

il Duce McTarkin
28 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Israel attacks a consulate building taking out a number of Iranian revolutionary guards of the ilk that were behind the October 7th attacks.

**** them. **** every single one of them.

The incursion into to take out those ***** Syria was fair game. What has subsequently transpired in Gaza is not.

You just don't like the Jews very much, do you. Clearly spending too much time baws deep in Turkey. You've either been radicalised, or are just a good old anti-Semite.

Tommy Brown
11 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

WW3 right before we’re about to win the Scottish Cup 

:sob:

Maybe the Celtic team will sign up en masse to help Palestine, leaving Hearts to win the Cup.

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Humza fired any cash over to Tehran yet?

Why would he do that, Jim? 

1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Israel attacks a consulate building taking out a number of Iranian revolutionary guards of the ilk that were behind the October 7th attacks.

**** them. **** every single one of them.

The incursion into to take out those ***** Syria was fair game. What has subsequently transpired in Gaza is not.

You just don't like the Jews very much, do you. Clearly spending too much time baws deep in Turkey. You've either been radicalised, or are just a good old anti-Semite.

I feel sorry for you and your ridiculous use of the good old anti-semite card. A card that has been used for decades to support the genocide of the Palestinian people; the only true semites in Palestine

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Because I’m a massive racist. 

:pleasingao:

il Duce McTarkin
29 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Ridiculous that British tax payer money is being spent on this.

Not really. There are a multitude of solid strategic reasons why the West prop up Israel, and none of them have to do with Zionism or the Zionist lobby.

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Very true, Iran has fallen into the trap laid by Netanyahu and now Israel can play the victim again.

Correct. Gaza will quietly be forgotten about 

4 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Not really. There are a multitude of solid strategic reasons why the West prop up Israel, and none of them have to do with Zionism or the Zionist lobby.

Yea, it’s been a bigger game than Palestine for decades. I have to say though that I’m reluctant for the UK to be baw deep in this particular outbreak. The yanks have no choice, they’ve nailed their colours to the mast. 
The slaughter in Gaza leaves an extremely bad taste in the mouth when the UK gov reiterates their support for Israel. Mealy-mouthed statements about restraint ain’t cutting it either !

14 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Such as? 

Defeating the enemy on foreign soil by proxy type stuff?

Edited by Taffin

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yea, it’s been a bigger game than Palestine for decades. I have to say though that I’m reluctant for the UK to be baw deep in this particular outbreak. The yanks have no choice, they’ve nailed their colours to the mast. 
The slaughter in Gaza leaves an extremely bad taste in the mouth when the UK gov reiterates their support for Israel. Mealy-mouthed statements about restraint ain’t cutting it either !

If the US is involved then the UK will be too, Boab. The modern state of Israel is partially our baby, and we were all baws deep in resource stripping and politically manipulating the wider Middle East long before you and I were twinkles in our old-fellas' eyes. It's not like Vietnam where we had a justifiable opt-out with our larger, more powerful ally.

The slaughter in Gaza is a crime against humanity and Netanyahu should face the appropriate charges and punishment at the Hague. Can't see it happening, though, unfortunately.

Mealy-mouthed statements about restraint just serve to illustrate how strategically important Israel is to the West. Had it been another state perpetrating this slaughter there would be a carrier group off of their coast and the jets would be flying.

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Such as? 

Defeating the enemy on foreign soil by proxy type stuff?

Put simply, it's the front-line against a whole manner of current and potential future military, economic, and political threats. It offsets the balance of power in a strategically important region.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

i wish jj was my dad
35 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Because I’m a massive racist. 

I'm glad we cleared that up. 

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

It was just a bit of showbiz by the Iranians. Launch a load of stuff and then announce you’ve done it just after they take off. 

Yup, performative at best. 

Put simply, it's the front-line against a whole manner of current and potential future military, economic, and political threats. It offsets the balance of power in a strategically important region.

I still think it's ridiculous British taxpayer money is being spent on that if I'm honest. Insular, maybe? I just don't see the benefit of us being 'Great Britain' and a global geopolitical player. I'm not really sure we see a worthwhile return on that investment personally.

Would the British person on the streets life be much worse if we just left the region alone? 

Edited by Taffin

il Duce McTarkin
20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I still think it's ridiculous British taxpayer money is being spent on that if I'm honest. Insular, maybe? I just don't see the benefit of us being 'Great Britain' and a global geopolitical player. I'm not really sure we see a worthwhile return on that investment personally.

Fair enough, but we're a geopolitical player whether you like it or not. Everyone is to a greater or lesser degree.

34 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Would the British person on the streets life be much worse if we just left the region alone? 

There's every possibility that it could in the not too distant future.

3 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

If the US is involved then the UK will be too, Boab. The modern state of Israel is partially our baby, and we were all baws deep in resource stripping and politically manipulating the wider Middle East long before you and I were twinkles in our old-fellas' eyes. It's not like Vietnam where we had a justifiable opt-out with our larger, more powerful ally.

The slaughter in Gaza is a crime against humanity and Netanyahu should face the appropriate charges and punishment at the Hague. Can't see it happening, though, unfortunately.

Mealy-mouthed statements about restraint just serve to illustrate how strategically important Israel is to the West. Had it been another state perpetrating this slaughter there would be a carrier group off of their coast and the jets would be flying.

Of course there would, mate.

Totally agree.

I agree with other posters though. The support the UK is showing shows complicity in the actions of the crackpot settlers’ actions. Some horrendous stories coming out the West Bank. 
Seriously…not in my name. **** those nutters.

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

The support the UK is showing shows complicity in the actions of the crackpot settlers’ actions. 

Those ****ers will always use the protective umbrella of the west to take a mile.

We swim in murky waters, Boab, of that there is little doubt. 

Mikey1874
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

Iran just demonstrated its weakness.

Mikey1874

Those ****ers will always use the protective umbrella of the west to take a mile.

We swim in murky waters, Boab, of that there is little doubt. 

The main overarching reason for Western weapons to Israel is indeed to protect it against Iran. So finally actually 1 day out of 190 was worthwhile.

But the West still believes (30,000 dead Palestinians) its worth it. 

Edited by Mikey1874

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The main overarching reason for Western weapons to Israel is indeed to protect it against Iran. So finally actually 1 day out of 190 was worthwhile.

That's right, Mikey, Israel has only been threatened by Iran for 1 day out of 190.

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, XB52 said:

Is embedding terrorist leaders in your consulates OK under international law? And how "symbolic" would the show have been if evil.wrstern governments not intercepted them? Iran are goodies now?

Edited by Francis Albert

Malinga the Swinga

Channel 4 now broadcasting interview with Iranian spokesman who blindly states Iran in the right and it's a peace loving nation who never hurts anyone.

Meanwhile they sponsor Hamas, Hezbollah and Houthi rebels to spread terror throughout Middle East and the world.

Now he's threatening all Western countries that unless they give in, Iran will destroy me everything.

**** me, why on earth do they give these animals air time?

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is embedding terrorist leaders in your consulates OK under international law?

According to XB52, anything and everything is okay, as long as it is Jews and Israel on the end of it.

If Israel responds though, that's against not okay cause they're supposed to just sit back and do nothing.

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Channel 4 now broadcasting interview with Iranian spokesman who blindly states Iran in the right and it's a peace loving nation who never hurts anyone.

Meanwhile they sponsor Hamas, Hezbollah and Houthi rebels to spread terror throughout Middle East and the world.

Now he's threatening all Western countries that unless they give in, Iran will destroy me everything.

**** me, why on earth do they give these animals air time?

Kills women in Iran because they breach a dress code.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Kills women in Iran because they breach a dress code.

In a selfless and humble manner though, that's the key thing

Spotted on Twitter

To put world events into Context

Iran walked into a Flat Roofed pub on a housing estate..took a swing at the local hardman..missed, mildly spilled his pint and now everyone is waiting for the inevitable.

All world events can be explained by flat roofed boozers .

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Boab said:

Of course there would, mate.

Totally agree.

I agree with other posters though. The support the UK is showing shows complicity in the actions of the crackpot settlers’ actions. Some horrendous stories coming out the West Bank. 
Seriously…not in my name. **** those nutters.

This use of "settlers"as an insult to Israelis is ... well insulting! Most of the world's  population are settlers if you go back far enough. In the case of the Americas, North and South, and of Australasia and elsewhere you don't have to go back too far. With a more devastating impact on the then local population than the  modern Jewish Israeli influx. Jews lived in this part of the world millennia before Christians and still later Muslims existed. It is as much a "homeland"for Jews as anyone. 

It is tragic that these people who have much in common cannot live in peace. Natanyahu has a good share of the blame recently  but a few generations  of Arabs/Muslim "settlers" share it.  

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

This use of "settlers"as an insult to Israelis is ... well insulting!

Tell that to folk being evicted from the West Bank and East Jerusalem, Francis.

Seaside Dave
9 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Maybe the Celtic team will sign up en masse to help Palestine, leaving Hearts to win the Cup.

Ohhhhh please let them animals go over to Palestine to help 😂😂😂

Francis Albert

Tell that to folk being evicted from the West Bank and East Jerusalem, Francis.

I have criticised before the Natanyahu support of settlements in occupied areas. But "from the river to the sea" and a description of Israelis as a whole as settlers is something else. The rhetoric of the Iranian sponsored terrorists whose aim is the destruction of all of Israel.

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I have criticised before the Natanyahu support of settlements in occupied areas. But "from the river to the sea" and a description of Israelis as a whole as settlers is something else. The rhetoric of the Iranian sponsored terrorists whose aim is the destruction of all of Israel.

The Israelis responsible for booting folk out of their homes and off of their land in order to occupy it for themselves are settlers, Francis, unless you can think of a more cuddly term for them. 

Francis Albert
45 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

The Israelis responsible for booting folk out of their homes and off of their land in order to occupy it for themselves are settlers, Francis, unless you can think of a more cuddly term for them. 

How about "immigrants"? Some of four generations or even more. Speaking as I said of Israelis as a whole not the occupiers of settlements in occupied territory.. But they all seem to be the target of Iranian sponsored terrorists and their supporters.

Palestine free from.the river to the sea which it never has been.

PS and would never be under Hamas and Hezbollah.

Edited by Francis Albert

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How about "immigrants"?

Some of them are only migrating from a couple of miles down the road, but if the shoe fits.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Some of them are only migrating from a couple of miles down the road, but if the shoe fits.

So you agree that describing Israelis as a whole as settlers is wrong. The vast majority would be more accurately described as immigrants.

People have really got a lot of traction out of the river to the sea chant. It’s also the aim of zionists who want to achieve the aim of Greater Israel, the problem being that to achieve that the West Bank is in the way of the River Jordan. 

il Duce McTarkin
15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So you agree that describing Israelis as a whole as settlers is wrong. The vast majority would be more accurately described as immigrants.

Do immigrants not settle, like?

Genuine question.

All the Poles around me seem fairly settled.

Are you settled down there in Englandshire?

Most of us are probably settlers or descendants of such, no?

Jews (and others) that migrate to Israel and settle are, by definition, settlers.

Jews (and others) that are the decedents of folk that migrated to Israel and settled there are, by definition, decedents of settlers.

Jews (and others) that boot folk out of their home and land to claim it for themselves are a special kind of settler, but they are settlers.

Why some insist on seeing the word 'settler' as a pejorative is probably the only part that could make for an interesting discussion.

il Duce McTarkin
21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

People have really got a lot of traction out of the river to the sea chant. It’s also the aim of zionists who want to achieve the aim of Greater Israel, the problem being that to achieve that the West Bank is in the way of the River Jordan. 

People are ****ing idiots, Taz'.

il Duce McTarkin
23 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Loads of stickers gone up on lampposts near me saying ‘Free Palestine’. 

Sadly, they don’t give guidance on where I can obtain said freebie. 

The West Bank, apparently.

Cranston

Do immigrants not settle, like?

Genuine question.

All the Poles around me seem fairly settled.

Are you settled down there in Englandshire?

Most of us are probably settlers or descendants of such, no?

Jews (and others) that migrate to Israel and settle are, by definition, settlers.

Jews (and others) that are the decedents of folk that migrated to Israel and settled there are, by definition, decedents of settlers.

Jews (and others) that boot folk out of their home and land to claim it for themselves are a special kind of settler, but they are settlers.

Why some insist on seeing the word 'settler' as a pejorative is probably the only part that could make for an interesting discussion.

You seem very angry against Jews.

4 minutes ago, Cranston said:

You seem very angry against Jews.

Ah the old ‘if you dislike the Israeli state you’re anti semitic’ cliché

Cranston
Just now, Tazio said:

Ah the old ‘if you dislike the Israeli state you’re anti semitic’ cliché

Not at all Tazio. I don't know much about the anti Jew rhetoric, or anti Palestine rhetoric. Just thought I'd pose the question?

Cranston
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

Don’t tell him what they did to Jesus. 

That was the Romans, I know that much Jim.