Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The last time I heard the phrase useful idiot it was describing RFK jr as Israel’s useful idiot.

Having listened to him talk on the Israel Gaza conflict it’s a very accurate description.

Is that a genuine reply or just about the most pathetic attempt at whataboutery/deflection ever seen on the inter web. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

Diadora Van Basten
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is that a genuine reply or just about the most pathetic attempt at whataboutery/deflection ever seen on the inter web. 

I generally don’t reply to Pro-slaughter Israel apologists, unless their post makes me think of something that  I want to write about.

Nicaragua has today presented its case against Germany to the International Court of Justice as accomplice in the genocide of the Palestinians. One of the challenges it makes is whether Israel has a legal right of defence against a country it has occupied.

Francis Albert

"Useful Idiots" was a term I think first used widely of communist and other left wing people who despite the exposure of Stalinist crimes (mass murder and starvation, the Gulag  and so on) still clung to the idea that the Communism  as applied in the USSR was still a better system than capitalism and indeed western democracy. They survived for a long time until the Gorbachev era. Some still exist. I think I may have been the first to use the term on this thread, referring to  gullibe Hamas supporters who seem to know very little or nothing of Middle East history   

Edited by Francis Albert

Diadora Van Basten
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Useful Idiots" was a term I think first used widely of communist and other left wing people who despite the exposure of Stalinist crimes (mass murder and starvation, the Gulag  and so on) still clung to the idea that the Communism  as applied in the USSR was still a better system than capitalism and indeed western democracy. They survived for a long time until the Gorbachev era. Some still exist. I think I may have been the first to use the term on this thread, referring to  gullibe Hamas supporters who seem to know very little or nothing of Middle East history   

Pretty much proves my point there is nothing particularly interesting about your post. There is though abuse at people such as myself who don’t support the mass slaughter of woman and children and are therefore deemed pro Hamas by your twisted logic. 

13 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Pretty much proves my point there is nothing particularly interesting about your post. There is though abuse at people such as myself who don’t support the mass slaughter of woman and children and are therefore deemed pro Hamas by your twisted logic. 

Indeed.

It beggars belief that anyone can use this tragedy to somehow accuse others of supporting slaughter of civilians.

The events of Oct 7th were horrible, and have been condemned by any rational person. The response to that massacre is nothing short of genocidal .

You don’t have to be an expert on Middle East politics to, at the very least, condemn the guilty.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Boab said:

Indeed.

It beggars belief that anyone can use this tragedy to somehow accuse others of supporting slaughter of civilians.

The events of Oct 7th were horrible, and have been condemned by any rational person. The response to that massacre is nothing short of genocidal .

You don’t have to be an expert on Middle East politics to, at the very least, condemn the guilty.

what would have been your response to Oct 7?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
41 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

not so much deemed pro Hamas as anti semitic 

By The Light..

Religion is cause of so much trouble, such a shame for the innocents on both sides.

But there will be no real end to this as long as the West supports Israel, that won't be forever will it...

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

what would have been your response to Oct 7?

Not killing 20,000 woman and children and giving Hamas and their backers exactly what they wanted. People criticise Israel for going after commanders in other countries. I don’t !

They have the means to severely weaken the brigades. Don’t kid yourself. This line of action was designed to keep The Likud leader out of jail. 

Seymour M Hersh

I generally don’t reply to Pro-slaughter Israel apologists, unless their post makes me think of something that  I want to write about.

Nicaragua has today presented its case against Germany to the International Court of Justice as accomplice in the genocide of the Palestinians. One of the challenges it makes is whether Israel has a legal right of defence against a country it has occupied.

You need professional help. 

henrysmithsgloves

Ian hislop was spot on, Friday edition of have I got news for you 🤕

Diadora Van Basten

Palestinians are having to have their hands amputated due to Israel handcuffing them for a prolonged period of time.

CNN — 

A doctor at a field hospital for detained Palestinians at Israel’s Sde Teiman army base has described “deplorable conditions” and “routine” amputations due to handcuff injuries, according to an exclusive report from the newspaper Haaretz.

CNN spoke to a source who has a medical background and previously visited the Sde Teiman field hospital. They confirmed seeing detainees held in constant restraints.

The medical source, who spoke to CNN on Thursday on the condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals, said all the Gazan detainees they saw at the field hospital had all four limbs shackled, which the source said increases the risk of blood clotting and other health concerns.

The source said the detainees were blindfolded and that at least three patients they saw were wearing diapers.

The medical source highlighted the systematic “dehumanizing” of detainees at the field hospital, which they described as a large “tent” that is “not insulated” from the elements.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/04/06/middleeast/doctor-israel-hospital-conditions-intl

Diadora Van Basten

Off the 1 million people who left their home in Northern Gaza only 60,000 are being allowed to return.

The return of displaced Palestinians to their homes in the north of Gaza is emerging as an obstacle in ongoing talks for a ceasefire between Israel and the Hamas-led Palestinian resistance, the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported on 6 April.

According to Arab mediators involved in the talks, Israel is open to permitting just 60,000 Palestinians to return to their homes in the north, at a rate of 2,000 per day.

Over 1 million Palestinians from the north have fled to the southern Gaza town of Rafah, seeking safety from Israeli bombing.

Israel insists on excluding most men between the ages of 18 and 50, meaning families would be separated, and mostly only women and children would be allowed to return after passing through Israeli checkpoints for screening.

https://thecradle.co/articles-id/24277

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I’ve got a question that might sound like I’m having a go, but genuinely isn’t @Diadora Van Basten  

Why do you post dozens of links and videos about the shitshow over there? Are you hoping that those who don’t share your view are maybe convinced to show more outrage at Israel? Or are you trying to ensure people of a similar mindset get all the info they might have missed out on? Your style reminds me of @JFK-1 over on the Sherman politics thread - a constant stream of video links to terrible things that Trump does, along with diatribes about the man himself.

Genuinely interested and not having a go. 

DvB is a poor-man's JFK imo.

Diadora Van Basten
16 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I’ve got a question that might sound like I’m having a go, but genuinely isn’t @Diadora Van Basten  

Why do you post dozens of links and videos about the shitshow over there? Are you hoping that those who don’t share your view are maybe convinced to show more outrage at Israel? Or are you trying to ensure people of a similar mindset get all the info they might have missed out on? Your style reminds me of @JFK-1 over on the Sherman politics thread - a constant stream of video links to terrible things that Trump does, along with diatribes about the man himself.

Genuinely interested and not having a go. 

I don’t really have any objectives when I post but comparisons with the other poster you mentioned are inaccurate.

4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I don’t really have any objectives when I post but comparisons with the other poster you mentioned are inaccurate.

Keep posting DVB. Not sure you will change the minds of our fervent zionist posters but surely there must be some in the middle ground who will see the horror and realise the decades of propaganda has been just that. 

Once Netanyahu is in jail we might just see a more moderate Israeli government but thousands more innocent Palestinians will die before that

Diadora Van Basten
12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Keep posting DVB. Not sure you will change the minds of our fervent zionist posters but surely there must be some in the middle ground who will see the horror and realise the decades of propaganda has been just that. 

Once Netanyahu is in jail we might just see a more moderate Israeli government but thousands more innocent Palestinians will die before that

The Scandinavians have an alternative way of making decisions to the UK and it’s why Norway has a sovereign wealth fund worth billions and why we have debt and food banks despite both discovering oil at the same time.

To make a decision Scandinavians get round a table and everyone gives their opinion they then work together to come to a consensus that includes everyone’s opinion. 

When I give my opinion is in line with these principles but unfortunately on this thread most people are used to the UK way off making decisions when two people present their argument then try to rubbish the other persons argument and attack the other persons character.

Regarding Netanyahu he first became Prime Minister in 1995 and has spun a web over Israel, the UK and US based on lies and a romanticised version of what Israel is. I think even after he is removed it will take a long time before Israel becomes a more balanced society.

manaliveits105

Who'd have thunk  a Norway wank on a Middle East thread 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
30 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Not supporting Hamas = Fervent Zionist

Flawless logic :Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

The SNP would have made Scotland neutral during the Second World War. And probably sent £750k to Hitler.

Diadora Van Basten

Biden’s no red lines policy has resulted in Israel boiling the frog. With the frog being the US and it’s allies, the UK and Germany.

It did look for a small amount of time last week that the frog might realise it was being boiled and jump out off the pan but it didn’t and is still in the pan.

Now Germany is on trial at the International court of Justice for failing to meet its obligations under the Genocide convention and it’s a fair bet that the UK and US won’t be far behind.

Netanyahu is also trying to provoke a regional war to suck the US in.

I doubt this is the outcome they expected when they pledged unconditional support for Israel.

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

A few wanks on this thread already.

Diadora Van Basten
19 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Ian hislop was spot on, Friday edition of have I got news for you 🤕

I watched it to see what he said and he spoke a lot of sense.

It’s strange that you get people with right wing views saying sensible things about Gaza on TV, while left wing shows like The Last Leg have pretty much ignored it. Apart from a puppet of Joe Biden eating an ice cream cone that sat on Adam’s desk.

redjambo
2 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

A few wanks on this thread already.

I'm not sure you should be confessing that.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It’s strange that you get people with right wing views saying sensible things about Gaza on TV, while left wing shows like The Last Leg have pretty much ignored it. Apart from a puppet of Joe Biden eating an ice cream cone that sat on Adam’s desk.

Enjoy the programme,a bit near the knuckle but spot on. Admire hislop 😎 could not take to the last leg, sorry 😐 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I got the impression, from the start of this tragedy, that the guys on The Last Leg had realised that to try to put out any comment would be a bit crass and too controversial for a light entertainment show. It’s too serious a situation for them to tip toe through.

To be fair to them, given the polarised views of many on social media and elsewhere, they were probably correct to steer clear of any comment other than hoping that both sides could come together to bring a lasting peace.

Sadly, probably a forlorn hope.

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I had you down as an Edinburgh man too. 

redjambo
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Not the worst confession on this thread. 

:) True dat.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Hamas leader has lost three kids and four grandkids. 

Then thanks god for making them martyrs.

The Middle East needs a big cage put around it and all the loonies left inside can just have a big idiocracy.

The video on Sky 

:cornette:

Diadora Van Basten
6 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Hamas leader has lost three kids and four grandkids. .

Where did he lose them about? Have they been found yet?

JDK2020
7 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Hamas leader has lost three kids and four grandkids. 

Then thanks god for making them martyrs.

It's all about him. He must be so proud. 

manaliveits105

IDF confirms deaths of Haniyeh's sons

The Israel Defence Forces has confirmed it killed Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh's three sons.

"Earlier today, air force aircraft attacked three military operatives of the terrorist organisation Hamas on their way to carry out terrorist activities in the central area of the Gaza Strip," a spokesman said. 

"The three activists who were attacked are Amir Haniyeh, a squad commander in the military arm of Hamas, Mohammad Haniyeh, a military operative in the terrorist organisation and Hazem Haniyeh, another military operative in the terrorist organisation. 

"The IDF confirms that the activists are three of the children of Ismail Haniyeh, the head of the political bureau of Hamas.

JDK2020
On 08/04/2024 at 11:45, Bindy Badgy said:

Why are women and children massively over-represented in the figures?

Because the men are all hiding behind them?

doctor jambo

Where did he lose them about? Have they been found yet?

Presumably they have found bits of them, spread over a wide area.

At least in this case the dead are worthy of this end

On 08/04/2024 at 08:14, Diadora Van Basten said:

A picture paints a thousand words! Pink shows the number of women and children killed.

We could more than fill Tynecastle with the number of woman and children killed by Israel.

IMG_6359.webp

While the governments of the West still brown nose Israel for some god unforsaken reason, the people broadly speaking don't. 

I think Israeli's are going to find out exactly what the world thinks of them in the years to come as a result of this bloodbath. They could have had the worlds sympathies after October 7th, but nobody gets away with killing 10s of thousands of children and can still claim to be the good guys. 

Diadora Van Basten
35 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Presumably they have found bits of them, spread over a wide area.

At least in this case the dead are worthy of this end

The equivalent with Northern Ireland would be the UK assassinating Gerry Adams family on Christmas Day.

It seems foolish to kill the family of people you are trying to negotiate with but at this stage Israel is completely out of control and desperate to keep the war going so that Netanyahu remains in power and stops going to jail.

For Netanyahu if it’s a choice between starting World War 3 or peace and going to jail then he chooses World War 3. 

Compare this to the Hamas leader who said his family are no more important than any other Palestinians that have died in Gaza.

One is evil, greedy and selfish. The other is humble and selfless.

doctor jambo
12 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The equivalent with Northern Ireland would be the UK assassinating Gerry Adams family on Christmas Day.

It seems foolish to kill the family of people you are trying to negotiate with but at this stage Israel is completely out of control and desperate to keep the war going so that Netanyahu remains in power and stops going to jail.

For Netanyahu if it’s a choice between starting World War 3 or peace and going to jail then he chooses World War 3. 

Compare this to the Hamas leader who said his family are no more important than any other Palestinians that have died in Gaza.

So humble and selfless he started an unwinable war that cost the lives of 30,000 of his own people 

Diadora Van Basten
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

So humble and selfless he started an unwinable war that cost the lives of 30,000 of his own people 

This didn’t start on October 7.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Prize for bombing the non combat states of Cambodia and Laos so the leader of Hamas and indeed Natanyahu may be in with a chance. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

While the governments of the West still brown nose Israel for some god unforsaken reason, the people broadly speaking don't. 

I think Israeli's are going to find out exactly what the world thinks of them in the years to come as a result of this bloodbath. They could have had the worlds sympathies after October 7th, but nobody gets away with killing 10s of thousands of children and can still claim to be the good guys

We did in WW2. 

SectionDJambo

It's being reported that over 100 female Israeli soldiers are refusing to serve as observers along the Israeli border with Gaza. They say that other female observers were captured or killed on October 7th, when their warnings of suspicious activity, over the border fence in Gaza, were not acted upon by the Israeli government or security services.

Can't say that I blame them.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

A new low has been reached. Hamas leader is humble and selfless! Do you burst out laughing when you write this bollocks as no same person would ever come up with this.

Ron Burgundy
29 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A new low has been reached. Hamas leader is humble and selfless! Do you burst out laughing when you write this bollocks as no same person would ever come up with this.

Incredible isn't it. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Prize for bombing the non combat states of Cambodia and Laos so the leader of Hamas and indeed Natanyahu may be in with a chance. 

We did in WW2. 

Agree with both replies.

Interesting though, that the yanks, with overwhelming superiority, still lost ! 

6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That’ll be the Hamas leader hiding in Qatar while Gazan citizens are dying!

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, Korky said:

That’ll be the Hamas leader hiding in Qatar while Gazan citizens are dying!

Qatar. From where he thanked god for bestowing martyrdom on his three sons. But he is "humble and selfless" according to one poster on here.

Edited by Francis Albert

Dawnrazor
5 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:cornette_dog:

Yep, Humble and Selfless🤣🤣

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Harakat al-Muqawamah al-Islamiyyah (Hamas) – Proscription extended November 2021

Hamas is a militant Islamist movement that was established in 1987, following the first Palestinian intifada. Its ideology is related to that of the Muslim Brotherhood combined with Palestinian nationalism. Its main aims are to liberate Palestine from Israeli occupation, the establishment of an Islamic state under Sharia law and the destruction of Israel (although Hamas no longer demands the destruction of Israel in its Covenant). The group operates in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Hamas formally established Hamas IDQ in 1992. Hamas IDQ was proscribed by the UK in March 2001. At the time it was HM government’s assessment that there was a sufficient distinction between the so called political and military wings of Hamas, such that they should be treated as different organisations, and that only the military wing was concerned in terrorism. The government now assess that the approach of distinguishing between the various parts of Hamas is artificial. Hamas is a complex but single terrorist organisation.

Hamas commits and participates in terrorism. Hamas has used indiscriminate rocket or mortar attacks, and raids against Israeli targets. During the May 2021 conflict, over 4,000 rockets were fired indiscriminately into Israel. Civilians, including 2 Israeli children, were killed as a result. Palestinian militant groups, including Hamas, frequently use incendiary balloons to launch attacks from Gaza into southern Israel. There was a spate of incendiary balloon attacks from Gaza during June and July 2021, causing fires in communities in southern Israel that resulted in serious damage to property.

Hamas also prepares for acts of terrorism. One incident of preparatory activity is that Hamas recently launched summer camps in Gaza which focus on training groups, including minors, to fight. This is evidence of Hamas being responsible for running terrorist training camps in the region. In a press statement, Hamas described the aim of these camps as to “ignite the embers of Jihad in the liberation generation, cultivate Islamic values and prepare the expected victory army to liberate Palestine”.

From https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proscribed-terror-groups-or-organisations--2/proscribed-terrorist-groups-or-organisations-accessible-version#:~:text=The group operates in Israel,the UK in March 2001.

Is support for a proscribed terrorist organisation and its leaders not contravening the JKB rules?

Maybe but let Diadora van Basten go on making an ass of himself. Humble and selfless FFS

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

image.jpeg.38872f2686fd8f91e5399dba790f8b86.jpeg

I'm going with a ‘no’. 

"Humble and Selfless"?