Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

Mikey1874

Whether you believe in arming Israel or not this is incredible. Suggests UK Government isn't interested in the question. More shambolic even than they seemed.

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

Francis Albert

Have the elected rulers of Gaza Hamas publicised the legal advice they received before attacking Israel and killing and talking hostage over a thousand innocent victims? Well  since there was no legal advice.  I guess not.

Diadora Van Basten
36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Have the elected rulers of Gaza Hamas publicised the legal advice they received before attacking Israel and killing and talking hostage over a thousand innocent victims? Well  since there was no legal advice.  I guess not.

I suspect you will be saying the same next week as Israel continues to carry out more of their atrocities.

By then killing foreign aid workers will probably be normalised in the same way that killing woman and children, dropping white phosphorus, wiping out entire families, killing aid workers, killing journalists, blowing up mosques, schools and universities, killing people carrying white flags, killing people waiting for grain, killing healthcare workers, destroying hospitals and bombing embassies have all been normalised.

Diadora Van Basten

Three former Supreme Court justices have joined more than 600 legal experts in calling for the UK government to end weapons sales to Israel. 

In a letter to the prime minister, they said exports must end because the UK risks breaking international law over a "plausible risk of genocide" in Gaza.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68729302

The UK should have stopped arm sales as soon as the judgement was made by the European Court of Justice instead the next day they doubled down and defunded UNWRA after Israel claimed that 8 UNWRA staff out of a total of 30,000 UNWRA employees were involved in Al Aqsa Flood.

Israel have yet to provide any evidence of this claim and have been trying to remove UNWRA to stop the right of return for Palestinians displaced in the Nakba that was ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from Israel in 1948.

Bindy Badgy
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its all okay.

Everything is under control.

What information does she have that proves it was a "mistake"?

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its all okay.

Everything is under control.

On whose authority did she have a meeting with foreign senior military and political figures? Strange how she was more concerned about protest marches, which I can't recall resulting in any deaths, than the deaths of 7 aid workers, 3 of whom were British. Just a mistake and these things happen?

How does she know it was a mistake? The enquiry/cover up hasn't been finalised yet.

It's little wonder that more and more foreign governments are starting to wonder what they've got us all into. 

There are no good guys in this tragedy for the innocents. Both sides are fanatical lunatics with little or no regard for human life.

Edited by SectionDJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Something I’ve been wondering:

What would have classed as a proportionate response from Israel?

What degree of action would have been acceptable?

Diadora Van Basten
51 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

On whose authority did she have a meeting with foreign senior military and political figures? Strange how she was more concerned about protest marches, which I can't recall resulting in any deaths, than the deaths of 7 aid workers, 3 of whom were British. Just a mistake and these things happen?

How does she know it was a mistake? The enquiry/cover up hasn't been finalised yet.

It's little wonder that more and more foreign governments are starting to wonder what they've got us all into. 

There are no good guys in this tragedy for the innocents. Both sides are fanatical lunatics with little or no regard for human life.

There has been an outbreak of common sense by Ex-Conservative minister Sir Alan Duncan.

Suella Braverman is one of a long list of people he calls out that have put the interests of Israel above the interests of the UK and International law.

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

There has been an outbreak of common sense by Ex-Conservative minister Sir Alan Duncan.

Suella Braverman is one of a long list of people he calls out that have put the interests of Israel above the interests of the UK and International law.

Swift action 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I'd say that identifying and then specifically going after the Hamas terrorists and their leadership would have been proportionate.

They didn't choose that route though, they went down the route of firstly collective punishment which has then become a de-facto genocide of more than 33,000 Palestinians the majority of whom are Women & Children

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'd say that identifying and then specifically going after the Hamas terrorists and their leadership would have been proportionate.

They didn't choose that route though, they went down the route of firstly collective punishment which has then become a de-facto genocide of more than 33,000 Palestinians the majority of whom are Women & Children

In a place like Gaza, I really don’t see how the first bit is achievable without serious collateral damage. It sounds good on paper but it’s meaningless on the ground because of the way Gaza is geographically and logistically.

Their bulldozing approach is way over the top but it feels like there’s a clutch of folk out there who think Israel should basically have just sucked it up

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You would think ultra modern armies with massive technological advantages could go after its targets.

But no. They all just still bomb the shit out of residential areas. 

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

They didn't choose that route though, they went down the route of firstly collective punishment which has then become a de-facto genocide of more than 33,aq000 Palestinians the majority of whom are Women & Children

Hamas is not just a terrorist group. It controls and  runs Gaza as the government of Gaza,  voted into power by the citizens of Gaza. Hamas is embedded in the civiliar population in a large network of underground tunnels beneath the civilian population. 

The Bush/Blair "shock and awe" assault on Iraq after 9/11 (which killed a very much smaller proportion of the US population than the Hamas attack on Israel) had the advantage of facing established armies in the open deserts of Iraq, enabling what was described as a Turkey Shoot. Nevertheless the offensive against Iraq killed around 300,000 civilians. The attack rightly drew condemnation as an over-reaction to terrorist attacks in New York and elsewhere. 

I don't remember widespread accusatiions of genocide or "plausible genocide" or "plausible risk of genocide".

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It's like Skynet from Terminator.

Folk developing and deploying such systems should themselves be targeted for termination.

The Israelis are taking an extremely broad brush to their targeting which I think most acknowledge won't succeed and indeed will ultimately prove to be counter productive by creating a new generation of terrorists. Aid agencies on the ground will need to deal with good and bad actors the reality of which puts them directly in harms way, incredibly brave but also extremely risky.

Bindy Badgy
44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

In a place like Gaza, I really don’t see how the first bit is achievable without serious collateral damage. It sounds good on paper but it’s meaningless on the ground because of the way Gaza is geographically and logistically.

Their bulldozing approach is way over the top but it feels like there’s a clutch of folk out there who think Israel should basically have just sucked it up

They've shown the ability to launch precision strikes on cars so I think they could have had a decent attempt at massively reducing collateral damage.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Bindy Badgy said:

They've shown the ability to launch precision strikes on cars so I think they could have had a decent attempt at massively reducing collateral damage.

Some of the collateral damage has been deliberate and totally unnecessary. Just vindictive. But nowhere in any of the rhetoric does anyone ever put forward a credible strategy for dealing with Hamas

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Bindy Badgy said:

The article explains (albeit from a left wing Israeli perspective) that they've basically given up with the surgical approach - costs too much and they don't have the munitions.

Diadora Van Basten
17 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It's like Skynet from Terminator.

Folk developing and deploying such systems should themselves be targeted for termination.

Israel could invent Skynet ensuring the destruction of mankind and some on here would still blame Hamas.

Mikey1874
24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Hamas is not just a terrorist group. It controls and  runs Gaza as the government of Gaza,  voted into power by the citizens of Gaza. Hamas is embedded in the civiliar population in a large network of underground tunnels beneath the civilian population. 

The Bush/Blair "shock and awe" assault on Iraq after 9/11 (which killed a very much smaller proportion of the US population than the Hamas attack on Israel) had the advantage of facing established armies in the open deserts of Iraq, enabling what was described as a Turkey Shoot. Nevertheless the offensive against Iraq killed around 300,000 civilians. The attack rightly drew condemnation as an over-reaction to terrorist attacks in New York and elsewhere. 

I don't remember widespread accusatiions of genocide or "plausible genocide" or "plausible risk of genocide".

Same as the SNP and the independence movement in embedded in Scotland and Scottish society. Voted for too.

Hamas is more corrupt and to be fairer to the people you are blaming (and clearly think deserve to die) the last election was in 2006 because corrupt Hamas (and Fatah) won't risk being kicked out. 

Most people in Gaza didn't support Hamas before 7 October though that seems to have changed for some reason.

Edited by Mikey1874

Diadora Van Basten
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Some of the collateral damage has been deliberate and totally unnecessary. Just vindictive. But nowhere in any of the rhetoric does anyone ever put forward a credible strategy for dealing with Hamas

Stopping the illegal settlements in the West Bank and lifting the blockade of Gaza would be my suggestion.

Japan Jambo
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Israel could invent Skynet ensuring the destruction of mankind and some on here would still blame Hamas.

You're lack of nuance is breathtaking. Not sure there are many (if any?) on here who exonerate Israel completely. Your constant backing of Hamas however is sickening. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

And Hamas could launch 1000 more attacks, with Palestinians freely  cheering the deaths, and you'd still think they were 'good guys'.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

You're lack of nuance is breathtaking. Not sure there are many (if any?) on here who exonerate Israel completely. Your constant backing of Hamas however is sickening. 

No. There are wholehearted supporters of Israel on here. On this page. Though some ran away. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Stopping the illegal settlements in the West Bank and lifting the blockade of Gaza would be my suggestion.

Luckily, you are a nobody with zero influence that no-one listens to, bar a few fanboys on here.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Guaranteed solution.

Nice one.

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

I don’t even back Hamas. I recognise that if you treat people the way Israel treat the Palestinians then you are going to create a resistance movement.

The example I gave previously was that if you took the population of Wales and stuck them on the Isle of Wight without a port do you think their would be a Welsh resistance movement.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Same as the SNP and the independence movement in embedded in Scotland and Scottish society. Voted for too.

Hamas is more corrupt and to be fairer to the people you are blaming (and clearly think deserve to die) the last election was in 2006 because corrupt Hamas (and Fatah) won't risk being kicked out. 

Most people in Gaza didn't support Hamas before 7 October though that seems to have changed for some reason.

They could always stand up to Hamas. They won't though as it is too risky and would result in more fatalities.

Only solution in talks between Iran and Israel. At the moment, neither side is willing to do that.

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Guaranteed solution.

Nice one.

It has happened in both Ireland and South Africa were warring parties lived together in peace and is the only long term solution for Israel other than ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No. There are wholehearted supporters of Israel on here. On this page. Though some ran away. 

Whose a wholesale supporter of Israel? They reacted the same way any/every country would do if faced with attacks. US and others destroyed countries and caused deaths of hundreds of thousands because of 9/11 and did so with impunity. This is only different because it's Jews doing the avenging.

Netanyahu is a goner when do me sort of peace breaks out and he'll face justice in Israel.

As for the pathetic 'some ran away' comment, I was going to say you are better than that, but actually, you aren't.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It has happened in both Ireland and South Africa were warring parties lived together in peace and is the only long term solution for Israel other than ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians.

You are living in cloud cuckoo land. What are you going to do with the government of Gaza who have vowed to never stop fighting or killing Jews till they are either all dead and Israel doesn't exist?

You actually think they'll put down their guns/rockets simply because Israel lift a blockade. Conversely, I believe they'll be encouraged to expand their activities and fulfil their 'from the river to the sea' prophesy.

Gundermann
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You are living in cloud cuckoo land. What are you going to do with the government of Gaza who have vowed to never stop fighting or killing Jews till they are either all dead and Israel doesn't exist?

You actually think they'll put down their guns/rockets simply because Israel lift a blockade. Conversely, I believe they'll be encouraged to expand their activities and fulfil their 'from the river to the sea' prophesy.

It did happen in Ireland and South Africa though. It does take the major power to be willing to negotiate peace though that may/ should come with conditions.

The Brits' record in Ireland aint great but at least they didn't carpet bomb Belfast and Derry in response to groups of terrorists. The north of Ireland is a bit more distant from mainland UK than Gaza is from Israel.

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Swift action 

It doesn’t really say what he’s under investigation for other than saying the names of a few Tory ministers and lords that he thinks are too pro Israel.

Malinga the Swinga
36 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

It did happen in Ireland and South Africa though. It does take the major power to be willing to negotiate peace though that may/ should come with conditions.

The Brits' record in Ireland aint great but at least they didn't carpet bomb Belfast and Derry in response to groups of terrorists. The north of Ireland is a bit more distant from mainland UK than Gaza is from Israel.

Perhaps the support for terrorism in Northern Ireland not quite as strong as it is in Palestine? Fairly strong Protestant community definitely not behind it as well as large percentage of Catholic. Ireland more motivated by profit made through crime than Palestine? 

South Africa different again as the black population by far the majority and it is one country. A civil war easier to resolve than a two nation (Israel v Iran) based on century old religious hatred. 

Still needs Iran and Israel to broker a lasting deal and that requires both sides to lay down arms. Very difficult for either side to trust the other as they're both past masters at duplicity.

Anyone who thinks peace will break out because Israel acts unilaterally and does whatever is dreaming. In that scenario, Iran doubles down and uses Hamas tenfold.

Diadora Van Basten

The way Netanyahu was smirking when saying the Air Strikes that killed the foreign aid workers was unintentional shows he has little time for the UK and will not be bothered if he loses support from the UK.

I don’t think that it was by accident that Rishi Sunak stayed at the King David hotel when he visited Tel Aviv. The King David hotel was bombed in 1948 by Zionists killing British soldiers. By putting him up in there, Israel were showing their disdain for the UK without Sunak knowing it.

Netanyahu is dependent on his coalition for political survival and if his coalition collapses he is toast. His coalition is made up of fascists such as Ben Gvir and Smotrich and I think that the smirking was him playing up to impress the fascists in his coalition.

Gundermann
36 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Perhaps the support for terrorism in Northern Ireland not quite as strong as it is in Palestine? Fairly strong Protestant community definitely not behind it as well as large percentage of Catholic. Ireland more motivated by profit made through crime than Palestine? 

South Africa different again as the black population by far the majority and it is one country. A civil war easier to resolve than a two nation (Israel v Iran) based on century old religious hatred. 

Still needs Iran and Israel to broker a lasting deal and that requires both sides to lay down arms. Very difficult for either side to trust the other as they're both past masters at duplicity.

Anyone who thinks peace will break out because Israel acts unilaterally and does whatever is dreaming. In that scenario, Iran doubles down and uses Hamas tenfold.

Is that the official reason for not carpet bombing Belfast?

Anyway, shocking by Israel. Adding to their previous for killing actual British military personnel.

Screenshot2024-04-04at17-38-55Facebook.png.f6ca2d8136813e0cd6ee0f2ca932b61c.png

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Only after the extremists eventually found some middle ground and some extraordinary leaders stepped up to the plate - it takes two hands to clap, unless you see things from the other sides perspective there will be no chance. Netanyahu and Hamas both need removed from the picture then there may be hope, given whats happening right now thought long term peace is a long ways away, the atrocities committed by BOTH sides won't fade away easily.

ehcaley
5 hours ago, Gundermann said:

The Brits!!!!!!!!!!!!,you'd be better off on Kerrydale St.with the Irish Nats

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, ehcaley said:

You are correct. Sometimes his mask slips and what's on display isn't very pretty.

Diadora Van Basten

Owen Jones piece on Israel’s sick use of AI killing machine Where’s Daddy.

Gundermann
1 hour ago, ehcaley said:

Tell me more.

People whose politics is determined by their football team...

:facepalm:

redjambo

You do realise that the term Brits was developed as a colloquialism by the Yanks. Bret and Bryt were also common Old English words for the Britons. Not everything boils down to Northern Irish politics.

i wish jj was my dad
14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Whose a wholesale supporter of Israel? They reacted the same way any/every country would do if faced with attacks. US and others destroyed countries and caused deaths of hundreds of thousands because of 9/11 and did so with impunity. This is only different because it's Jews doing the avenging.

Netanyahu is a goner when do me sort of peace breaks out and he'll face justice in Israel.

As for the pathetic 'some ran away' comment, I was going to say you are better than that, but actually, you aren't.

The UK has many faults, including how our govts responded to the troubles in Northern Ireland, often aggravating the situation which was of course precisely the aim of the terrorists. 

But there was never any plan to go in and flatten the place or parts of it where known terrorists were operating because our authorities operated within a recognised code of conduct. Far from perfect and not always adhered to but the boundaries were pretty clear even if it restricted capacity to tackle the terrorists. 

I sympathise with Israel. They've been under attack since the state was created so i can understand why they go in hard but with the technology available to them today there was absolutely no need for the approach currently being taken. Netanyahu has set the country back generations and probably destroyed any chance of a peaceful settlement in our lifetime. Which is of course what Hamas and their sponsors wanted. 

ehcaley
10 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Tell me more.

People whose politics is determined by their football team...

:facepalm:

You could even start your own thread!

Do you quietly sing along with the Green Brigade when they come visiting?

Edited by ehcaley

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, ehcaley said:

😂😎

il Duce McTarkin
19 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Use Mosad to assasinate the cowardly Hamas leadership ording it up in Quatar.

12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You are correct. Sometimes his mask slips and what's on display isn't very pretty.

This.

10 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Only dirty Fenians boil potatoes. Proud Ulstermen and women roast their tatties. Off to Kerrydale with you.

This.

This.