Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

First they came for the Palestinian civilians and I did not speak out because I blame Hamas.

Then they came for the journalists and I did not speak out because I blame Hamas.

Then they came for the doctors and I did not speak out because I blame Hamas.

Then they came for the British aid workers, I found it deeply concerning and tragic but am waiting to hear from the IDF so that I can blame Hamas.

Signed any Conservative or Labour Member of Parliament at Westminster.

This! a bunch of spineless ***** 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

Gundermann

Israel proving that it occupies a moral highground way above Hamas or Iran...

Mikey1874

Mostly Palestinian aid workers killed so far. Remember there is no Western media in Gaza so not reported so much. Last night's attack not unique. 

Something that changes anything?

Diadora Van Basten

The IDF have accepted responsibility and offered apologies to their allies for this tragic incident.

No doubt International aid agencies will pull out of Gaza as it’s too dangerous and Israel will have achieved their aim of starving Palestinians.

Diadora Van Basten
11 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I expect the headlines tomorrow will be “Brits die in Gaza” as our media are too afraid to blame Israel for killing them.

As predicted, from the Guardian:

image.thumb.png.c4d7983dd1874eea668897ed65a15ba0.png

trotter

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of the situation, but it does appear that Israel is rapidly losing a PR war here. Whilst that doesn't take away anything from the carnage going on, if they carry on like this, they are going to find themselves as international pariahs. How long will the people of their allies put up with this and turn on their respective governments to 'cut them loose' for want of a better term. 

Japan Jambo
6 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

As predicted, from the Guardian:

image.thumb.png.c4d7983dd1874eea668897ed65a15ba0.png

dearie me, what are you a pound shop Mystic Meg? 🤦‍♂️

Mikey1874
31 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The IDF have accepted responsibility and offered apologies to their allies for this tragic incident.

No doubt International aid agencies will pull out of Gaza as it’s too dangerous and Israel will have achieved their aim of starving Palestinians.

Presumably unlike say in Scotland, you can't drive your car at all as you will get blown up. 

Diadora Van Basten
52 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

dearie me, what are you a pound shop Mystic Meg? 🤦‍♂️

The way the Media, politicians and public bodies have downplayed what Israel has done meant it was as predictable as night following day.

In his Easter sermon the Archbishop of Canterbury called out Russia for invading Ukraine, Hamas for taking hostages but did not call out Israel for killing Palestinians instead mentioning “the starving children of Gaza” without saying who is starving them or that 13,000 Palestinian children have suffered violent deaths as Israel dropped bombs on them.

Japan Jambo
On 28/03/2024 at 20:54, Francis Albert said:

Has Egypt opened its border with South Gaza yet? No they have strengthened it. What have the many rich Arab and Islamic counties in the region done for Gaza in the current conflict or indeed before it?  Nothing because they are terrified that Iranian sponsored terrorism will spread to their countries as it has on the West Bank. Yemen, Lebanon and Syria.

Yup, it’s a bit telling that Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE all recruit migrant workers from India and the Philippines rather than the Palestinians on their doorstep. Almost as if they know more than us tossers on JKB.

Edited by Japan Jambo
Spellcheck

1} "Accidentally" kill a few aid workers.

2} Aid agencies stop work in the area.

3} Job done.
4} Carry on ethnic cleansing and genocide.

:fonzie:

Don't get the outrage. Israel has a right to protect itself...🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure what threat the aid workers posed but I'm sure someone on here could enlighten me?

Diadora Van Basten
13 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Yup, it’s a bit telling that Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE all recruit migrant workers from India and the Philippines rather than the Palestinians on their doorstep. Almost as if they know more than us tossers on JKB.

They might have trouble getting to these countries, there is no airport or port in Gaza or the West Bank (Israel would bomb them) and Palestinians need a permit from Israel to go through land crossings. 

There is an interview with an American Palestinian Christian on Owen Jones YouTube channel and he talks about the problems he had when he returns from the US to the West Bank but Israel won’t let him in as his permit says Gaza even though he has lived in the West Bank for years.

Diadora Van Basten
13 minutes ago, Cade said:

3} Job done.

And our media will be bending over backwards to pretend that it was a mistake despite Zionists having a history of deliberately killing Brits.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Cade said:

3} Job done.

And get the sympathy for their fulsome apologies.

1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Who do you hate more: the Israelis or anyone that doesn’t share your hatred of them?

So you support the massacre of Palestine civilians??  And you will find there is a large percentage of Israeli people who detest zionism

Diadora Van Basten
11 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Who do you hate more: the Israelis or anyone that doesn’t share your hatred of them?

I think that when Russia invaded Ukraine the NATO countries had the moral high ground.

This is no longer the case and the hypocrisy and double standards as Israel’s allies ignore a Genocide has been shocking.

The Statement by David Cameron’s spokesman Andrew Mitchell in the House of Commons that it was “repulsive to accuse Israel of Genocide” when they have already been found guilty of a plausible Genocide by the International Court of Justice (including by the Israeli judge) was a particular low.

Diadora Van Basten
14 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

There’s a good argument for just staying the **** out of everything and stop picking good guys and bad guys. I know it’s because he’s leveraged to the hilt, but I can see why Trump’s more ‘America first’/isolationist stance is welcomed by many in the US. 

If I was an American I would be questioning why the US is picking up the tab for Israel’s defence bill.

This is a long standing agreement supposedly because Israel has some countries close to them who don’t like Israel.

Israel has money for free education, free healthcare, Super Bowl adverts, birth right and bribing politicians but not for spending on its own defence.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

Mikey1874

To be fair supporting Israel has to worth the sacrifice.

A few dead Britons. Surely worth it to defeat Hamas. 

Israel supporters must agree. No big deal really. 

Diadora Van Basten
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

To be fair supporting Israel has to worth the sacrifice.

A few dead Britons. Surely worth it to defeat Hamas. 

Israel supporters must agree. No big deal really. 

It does seem like it will be business as usual for the US and UK. No action taken against Israel, just a lot of oh dear, what a pity, never mind! from our politicians.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

Japan Jambo
29 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If I was an American I would be questioning why the US is picking up the tab for Israel’s defence bill.

This is a long standing agreement supposedly because Israel has some countries close to them who don’t like Israel.

Israel has money for free education, free healthcare, Super Bowl adverts, birth right and bribing politicians but not for spending on its own defence.

it spends 4.5% of its GDP on its own defence. How much is the right number in your opinion?

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

it spends 4.5% of its GDP on its own defence. How much is the right number in your opinion?

Would be better if my tax hadn’t likely payed for said missile to kill compatriots. 

Edited by Psychedelicropcircle

Japan Jambo
2 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Would be better if my tax hadn’t likely a payed for said missile to kill compatriots. 

If it’s a UK reference I’m aware we sell arms to Israel but I’m not aware we gift them… do appreciate the point though that British arms killing civilians (British or otherwise) isn’t great either way.

By The Light..

The Israeli Defence Force (IDF) is a trigger happy nazi like organisation.

Watch Al Jazeera channel 622 on Virgin Media (the only media left in Gaza).

Yesterday the World Central Kitchen aid workers were targeted with at least two airstrikes as the group was travelling in two armoured vehicles branded with the World Central Kitchen (WCK) charity’s logo. They had shared their plans and locations with the IDF for safe passage.

However before that I saw 4 young men walking unarmed through bombed out wasteland, the IDF treats this as kill zones and dropped a bomb on them.

Also two unarmed men walking on a beach separately, one waving a white rag, he was shot by a sniper and his body bulldozed into the ground on TV.

This will only end when the US stops arming Israel probably only after they nuke Iran, Lebanon and Syria though.

Edited by By The Light..

Mikey1874

"Deconfliction" 

"Fact Finding Assessment Mechanism"

There are other words available. 

loveofthegame
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

There’s a good argument for just staying the **** out of everything and stop picking good guys and bad guys. I know it’s because he’s leveraged to the hilt, but I can see why Trump’s more ‘America first’/isolationist stance is welcomed by many in the US. 

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

But you aren't so it's nothing to do with you.

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It does seem like it will be business as usual for the US and UK. No action taken against Israel, just a lot of oh dear, what a pity, never mind! from our politicians.

Spot on.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, By The Light.. said:

The Israeli Defence Force (IDF) is a trigger happy nazi like organisation.

Watch Al Jazeera channel 622 on Virgin Media (the only media left in Gaza).

Yesterday the World Central Kitchen aid workers were targeted with at least two airstrikes as the group was travelling in two armoured vehicles branded with the World Central Kitchen (WCK) charity’s logo. They had shared their plans and locations with the IDF for safe passage.

However before that I saw 4 young men walking unarmed through bombed out wasteland, the IDF treats this as kill zones and dropped a bomb on them.

Also two unarmed men walking on a beach separately, one waving a white rag, he was shot by a sniper and his body bulldozed into the ground on TV.

This will only end when the US stops arming Israel probably only after they nuke Iran, Lebanon and Syria though.

Well done on the 'Nazi like' phrase. I mean it's the ultimate repugnant words to use regarding Israel but you knew that when you typed it and I guess that's why you chose these words.

Think I'll give a miss to watching Qatari paid tv reporting. A country that's happy to provide a home and a voice to Hamas leadership.

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think that when Russia invaded Ukraine the NATO countries had the moral high ground.

This is no longer the case and the hypocrisy and double standards as Israel’s allies ignore a Genocide has been shocking.

The Statement by David Cameron’s spokesman Andrew Mitchell in the House of Commons that it was “repulsive to accuse Israel of Genocide” when they have already been found guilty of a plausible Genocide by the International Court of Justice (including by the Israeli judge) was a particular low.

Well done, great work mentioning genocide 3 times in one post. You get extra credit for that from your Hamas friends.

Diadora Van Basten
23 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well done, great work mentioning genocide 3 times in one post. You get extra credit for that from your Hamas friends.

They should change the name of this thread to “Israel’s plausible Genocide in Gaza.”

Mikey1874

Israeli forces chief of staff, Herzi Halevi, labeled the airstrikes on a World Central Kitchen aid convoy a "grave mistake," stating it was due to a "misidentification" of the convoy vehicles during the night.

Psychedelicropcircle
9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Israeli forces chief of staff, Herzi Halevi, labeled the airstrikes on a World Central Kitchen aid convoy a "grave mistake," stating it was due to a "misidentification" of the convoy vehicles during the night.

Thought it was a school bus full of children aw well easy mistake eh! 

By The Light..
11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Even though WCK had provided all their details in advance to get safe passage.

The IDF have a shoot to kill policy on anything that moves, at war with the entire Palestine population.

Removing WCK and all the food helps the starvation policy. Along with removing hospitals to speed up the genocide.

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

They should change the name of this thread to “Israel’s plausible Genocide in Gaza.”

Fine as long as the definition of the word "plausible" is included 

From the OED "Apparently reasonable or probable without necessarily being so".  (my emphasis)

A sneaky little word that all those international lawyers were able to agree on. "Plausible genocide" now used simply as a synonym for "genocide". 

SectionDJambo

For a nation with such a feared, and internationally thought of as efficient, intelligence service, the Israeli armed forces don't half make a lot of mistakes. They also didn't detect an armed force of murderous terrorists advancing on their border on 7th October, despite warnings from their own observers on the border and other intelligence agencies. 

They managed to successfully identify targets in a building in Damascus, though, and deal with them without any mistakes. 

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

For a nation with such a feared, and internationally thought of as efficient, intelligence service, the Israeli armed forces don't half make a lot of mistakes. They also didn't detect an armed force of murderous terrorists advancing on their border on 7th October, despite warnings from their own observers on the border and other intelligence agencies. 

They managed to successfully identify targets in a building in Damascus, though, and deal with them without any mistakes. 

I detect a hint of cynicism in your post !

The problem is, people actually swallow their claptrap about mistakes, no warning of attack and other nonsense.

It’s a well-honed PR machine. 

The Mighty Thor

I see Lord Cameron is rather cross.

Not cross enough to stop supplying the genocidal regime the arms and munitions they require to wipe out unarmed aid workers.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Boab said:

I detect a hint of cynicism in your post !

The problem is, people actually swallow their claptrap about mistakes, no warning of attack and other nonsense.

It’s a well-honed PR machine. 

I don’t believe a word from Netanyahu’s people or the other side either. They are both fanatical maniacs in my view, driven by fairy stories written centuries ago.
Netanyahu has, in my opinion, destroyed most of the goodwill that the Israeli people have had from much of the world, given the threats they have had to deal with, particularly since the 60s. All to save his own skin.

It’s a shame that it’s taken this loss of life of heroic, compassionate people to make more people question the morals of the current Israeli government

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I see Lord Cameron is rather cross.

Not cross enough to stop supplying the genocidal regime the arms and munitions they require to wipe out unarmed aid workers.

He'll never get that cross. It would take an actual human being with human feelings; one not paid by the zionists, to get that cross

24 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I don’t believe a word from Netanyahu’s people or the other side either. They are both fanatical maniacs in my view, driven by fairy stories written centuries ago.
Netanyahu has, in my opinion, destroyed most of the goodwill that the Israeli people have had from much of the world, given the threats they have had to deal with, particularly since the 60s. All to save his own skin.

It’s a shame that it’s taken this loss of life of heroic, compassionate people to make more people question the morals of the current Israeli government

This is pretty close to where I am.

Psychedelicropcircle

Apparently it was AI who killed the aid workers 😀 

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Apparently it was AI who killed the aid workers 😀 

I heard this on LBC earlier. 

The guy claiming that the IDF drones use AI targeting to efficiently deal with moving targets.

It would appear to work rather well. 

The Mighty Thor

I'm worried about Dave's cognitive function. He couldn't remember how much money he got from Greensill to illegally lobby either.

Mikey1874
41 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I heard this on LBC earlier. 

The guy claiming that the IDF drones use AI targeting to efficiently deal with moving targets.

It would appear to work rather well. 

Story is out

Diadora Van Basten
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Story is out

“We were not interested in killing [Hamas] operatives only when they were in a military building or engaged in a military activity,” A., an intelligence officer, told +972 and Local Call. “On the contrary, the IDF bombed them in homes without hesitation, as a first option. It’s much easier to bomb a family’s home. The system is built to look for them in these situations.”

The sources added that, in the event that the target was a senior Hamas official with the rank of battalion or brigade commander, the army on several occasions authorized the killing of more than 100 civilians in the assassination of a single commander.

Psychedelicropcircle

UN drafting an arms embargo. Hamas ***** that they are!

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another example. Going after 1 guy. 

'Terrorist' doing the heavy lifting here.

I'm sure the IDF definition of a terrorist is anyone inside the Gaza strip still breathing.