Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Mosher007 said:

Looking at the forecast for tomorrow and if as much rain falls as they area forecasting  surely the game will be in doubt? Thinking back to the farce at hampden recently the game against Georgia,  as much as pitches have better drainage now, when is the last time a match at Tynecastle cancelled due to water logging?

Off the top...I remember a late cancellation of a game vs. Motherwell in late 1993. A midweek game which was postponed an hour before ko.

Mates and I were in The Tree (or whatever it was called at that time) when we heard.

14 minutes ago, Mosher007 said:

Looking at the forecast for tomorrow and if as much rain falls as they area forecasting  surely the game will be in doubt? Thinking back to the farce at hampden recently the game against Georgia,  as much as pitches have better drainage now, when is the last time a match at Tynecastle cancelled due to water logging?

The Scotland game was during a period of hot weather - this bakes the ground and restricts drainage.

34 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Remember that. Most miserable I've ever been at a game. Should never have started.

There was a similar game vs. St Johnstone in early 1993. A midweek game that should never have started. Little lochs all over the pitch.

Hearts scored twice in the first 25 minutes, or so, but the goals were barely celebrated as no one believed the game would be concluded.

It finished 2-0.

Only 5k+ in attendance.

Absolute Scenes

of course Will Fish has had more interceptions and tackles - Hibs defence is a riot

Hearts have one of the strongest defensive records in the league so far

upgotheheads
26 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Being a fish could be useful tomorrow if the weather forecast is correct. 

That's my worry, but I can't remember a match being canceled for rain since the new pitch was laid. 

21 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

That's my worry, but I can't remember a match being canceled for rain since the new pitch was laid. 

If the forecast is correct then the drainage will be put the test tomorrow big time. Here's hoping they have got the forecast wrong. 

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

So Hearts to win + Rowles anytime.  That's an easy decision. 

😀

Rowles has been more busy in possession of the ball to be involved in defending.   

Rowles has been a bit unlucky with a couple of chances this season. One off the line by a defender if I remember right. 

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Being a fish could be useful tomorrow if the weather forecast is correct. 

regardless the sprinklers will be on prior to the match even if an ark is seen floating down Gorgie Road 

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

If the forecast is correct then the drainage will be put the test tomorrow big time. Here's hoping they have got the forecast wrong. 

Do we not cover the pitch when heavy rain or snow is forecast?

indianajones
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wise man say I love my vermin confident 

Same old story with that lot. 

All they have is the hoof over the top. I'd expect Sibbick to be starting tomorrow for the place. Perhaps Offiah too. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Same old story with that lot. 

All they have is the hoof over the top. I'd expect Sibbick to be starting tomorrow for the place. Perhaps Offiah too. 

Yip and I would also expect Fish to have a total nightmare again just like when wee Cam pulled his pants down

Need to make sure that we don't play 3 at the back against this lot or they will play through the channels and that hurt us at Easter Road.

Be in their faces right from kickoff and don't be silly in possession or give away stupid free kicks.

4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

of course Will Fish has had more interceptions and tackles - Hibs defence is a riot

Boyce will toy with Fish.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=9b977ddb4af18a1

This morning I was excited about the game. Now the dread is moving in. Can’t help it - the thought of them winning (regardless of probability), fills me with fear. Come k-o I’ll be a nervous wreck and want to spew my load. Wouldn’t miss it for the world though 

3 hours ago, davieholt said:

regardless the sprinklers will be on prior to the match even if an ark is seen floating down Gorgie Road 

Just seen forecast for tomorrow morning, 2 days rain in 2 hours. We shall see.

12 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Just seen forecast for tomorrow morning, 2 days rain in 2 hours. We shall see.

Yep, if forecast accurate game is in trouble unfortunately. 

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Off the top...I remember a late cancellation of a game vs. Motherwell in late 1993. A midweek game which was postponed an hour before ko.

Mates and I were in The Tree (or whatever it was called at that time) when we heard.

I mind that. I had driven down from Inverness to find it was postponed when I'd parked up at Balgreen. Seem to mind visiting a pal in Penicuick before heading back. Things we do for the Hearts. 

Get them absolutely pummeled tomorrow Hearts. *****. Hibs nil, them Hearts twitter can take over. 

Any Hearts win, Rowles must he voted man of the match, even if he hardly touches the ball. 

Remember that wee prick McLean doing his dinger. Sad day when we hired the useless prick.

There was a similar game vs. St Johnstone in early 1993. A midweek game that should never have started. Little lochs all over the pitch.

Hearts scored twice in the first 25 minutes, or so, but the goals were barely celebrated as no one believed the game would be concluded.

It finished 2-0.

Only 5k+ in attendance.

I remember we had played a similar match not long before which gave us the edge in lumping the ball from puddle to puddle. :D  Lightning, the works teeming down, was a complete farce and we were all drookit.

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Who is the ref tomorrow Don Robertson has been Hibs twelve man in the last few games so I hope it’s not him.

Collum

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've not seen anything to suggest that we'll win tomorrow. 

I fully expect an absolute meltdown on here.

We'll win tomorrow. 

Hope this helps.

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Mac80 said:

Collum

We need an enquiry into why we always get Collum versus Celtic and Hibs but hardly ever against Rangers.

5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Remember that wee prick McLean doing his dinger. Sad day when we hired the useless prick.

I remember we had played a similar match not long before which gave us the edge in lumping the ball from puddle to puddle. :D  Lightning, the works teeming down, was a complete farce and we were all drookit.

Was that vs. Rangers in November/December '92?

Horizontal sleet that day and the bogs at the corner of the shed were also waterlogged.

Young fans now wouldn't believe what it was like.

Seemed normal and acceptable back then, though. 😃 

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

We'll win tomorrow. 

Hope this helps.

And you've come to that conclusion based on what?

We are the Hearts?

Edited by Greedy Jambo

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We are the Hearts?

Correct, plus they are hibs

18 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

I mind that. I had driven down from Inverness to find it was postponed when I'd parked up at Balgreen. Seem to mind visiting a pal in Penicuick before heading back. Things we do for the Hearts. 

A long way to travel and back again, bud.

It must have been a right pi55er.

Just like the weather. 🌧 

10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We are the Hearts?

68bec1c5-52ba-46b2-b6b1-7bd061a6239e.jpeg

7 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The strongest, I think?

8 minutes ago, martoon said:

A long way to travel and back again, bud.

It must have been a right pi55er.

Just like the weather. 🌧 

Sure was but then I have had 30 years worth of telling the story 👍

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

68bec1c5-52ba-46b2-b6b1-7bd061a6239e.jpeg

Aye, and i used to have a hot girlfriend and loads of money, that means ****all. 

7 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He still has to check for a cam Devlin under his bed before he can go to sleep though. 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, and i used to have a hot girlfriend and loads of money, that means ****all. 

In my 38 years going to Tynie, I’ve never once worried about playing that mob, home or away. Tomorrow is no different. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

In my 38 years going to Tynie, I’ve never once worried about playing that mob, home or away. Tomorrow is no different. 

I worry purely because of Naismith's current record against them, and the lack of improvement in the team. 

A 1-0 win against Ross county doesn't get me excited.

We're the 3rd biggest team in Scotland, and we're an absolute charity case when it comes to signing managers. 

Still not sure what our best line up is. 

I think we're stronger with a back 3, Rowles looks a lot better in that formation and it allows us to bring Sibbick into the starting 11 (whcih means we can build from the back both on the right and left with Sibbick and Rowles able to bring the ball out). 

However, with Natty out, Sibbick at RB is probably our best option there. 

Don't envy Naismith trying to pull this together. Needs a result tomorrow big time.