***Heart Of Midlothian Vs H1b5*** Official Match Thread

Masonic

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Halliday, the person that’s played lb comfortable loads of times. Instead of moving our whole back line across to accommodate a dugmeat player

He would be torn to pieces by Boyle and Youan ffs 🤦🏽, go and watch old games of him at LWB hes exposed there never mind LB, guys finished at our level. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Halliday, the person that’s played lb comfortable loads of times. Instead of moving our whole back line across to accommodate a dugmeat player

But Halliday is terrible. Do you honestly think if people rated him as an even half decent option at left back they’d go to the bother of debating it. He’s really awful.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

I was referring to MY previous posts - perhaps I should have made that clearer for you. Slow, old and now weird - quite descriptive. Moving forward (as is your want) my answers will contain pictures for you.

Yes I understood what you meant 😆. What i meant was maybe you could take your own advice and read other people’s posts too 👍🏽👏🏾. Don’t bother getting someone to find pictures for you 👋🏿

Jambojamie91
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

But Halliday is terrible. Do you honestly think if people rated him as an even half decent option at left back they’d go to the bother of debating it. He’s really awful.

But still a better option than Offiah at rb and moving rowles to lb. If Halliday comes on we win that game as Kent clears both hibs chances.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would hate him if he was a Celtic fan and of Independence, the only person that thinks with politics are uber mini huns like yourself. You enjoy Hello Hello and born under a UJ today?

Not at all, I’m a grown up and don’t feel the need to bring my politics into football. I’ve also most got more Irish catholic in me than you. 

Really ironic that intolerant people on the board are the ones that point fingers for their supposed intolerance. 

Off the scale hypocrisy. 

Just now, Jambojamie91 said:

But still a better option than Offiah at rb and moving rowles to lb. If Halliday comes on we win that game as Kent clears both hibs chances.

We didn’t lose the goals because of Offiah or Rowles and Halliday isn’t a better option than either of them.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I understood what you meant 😆. What i meant was maybe you could take your own advice and read other people’s posts too 👍🏽👏🏾. Don’t bother getting someone to find pictures for you 👋🏿

So you understand others just not yourself. Oh I will bother - I like to make an effort - ordering your crayons presently.

kingantti1874

The Andy Halliday derby. 👌🏻 contributed more to hearts in his short spell here than so called “supporters ?!?” (Is that what they are) on here ever will.  Respect  

I didn’t think he should come on either btw.  

Edited by kingantti1874

Jambojamie91
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We didn’t lose the goals because of Offiah or Rowles and Halliday isn’t a better option than either of them.

We did though? The second comes from rowles and the first comes from between Sibbick and Offiah. The two big mistakes come from Sibbick being rcb. If Kent is there they chances don’t come As he clears it and that’s a fact.

Naismith got it wrong just accept it. 

2 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

We did though? The second comes from rowles and the first comes from between Sibbick and Offiah. The two big mistakes come from Sibbick being rcb. If Kent is there they chances don’t come As he clears it and that’s a fact.

I accepted he got it wrong pages back but a like for like swap with Kingsley and Halliday wouldn’t have worked either. Would it have been better than what happened? Probably but that’s with the benefit of hindsight. 

Anyway, shouldn’t be long now before Halliday doesn’t even make the bench.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

just accept he got it right for the first 65. And that the subs were forced 

kingantti1874
Just now, GinRummy said:

I accepted he got it wrong pages back but a like for like swap with Kingsley and Halliday wouldn’t have worked either. Would it have been better than what happened? Probably but that’s with the benefit of hindsight. 

probably.  Got no issue with that and people not favouring Halliday now. 

the “hun, shitbag, hate” shite needs to get in the bin. Words of a fool 

Jambojamie91
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

just accept he got it right for the first 65. And that the subs were forced 

Weren’t forced he got it wrong bring Offiah on.

Jambojamie91
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why wouldn’t it have worked, I’ll guarantee it would have worked better than it turned out today. 

We were decent first half but in all honesty we needed a wonder goal to get us out of a hole,

That 2nd half though, where do I start? taking Lowry off killed our chance of winning the game, then losing 2 goals in a minute straight after to them is unforgivable for any manager.

Just absolute naivety from a manager who clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

him and the board are both needing emptied for putting us in this position.

Shambles.

26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Given his all my arse. He’s had plenty performances where he’s been totally anonymous. 

Is the correct answer.

One of KBs myths, Halliday always gives his all.

There are many players at Hearts who have been very poorly recruited.

2 mid-table & bang average teams today. Once it sinks in the history books will read this era as Hearts going nowhere amidst a dearth of recruiter talent at a time when they could have forged ahead. Why? Because the prime club recruiter (Board) doesn't have a Scooby Doo about the game they are presiding over. There are no positives - just a hamster on a wheel.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, hmfc1440 said:

There are many players at Hearts who have been very poorly recruited.

2 mid-table & bang average teams today. Once it sinks in the history books will read this era as Hearts going nowhere amidst a dearth of recruiter talent at a time when they could have forged ahead. Why? Because the prime club recruiter (Board) doesn't have a Scooby Doo about the game they are presiding over. There are no positives - just a hamster on a wheel.

Spot on 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Is the correct answer.

Indeed 

Exile fae Main Street
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

The Andy Halliday derby. 👌🏻 contributed more to hearts in his short spell here than so called “supporters ?!?” (Is that what they are) on here ever will.  Respect  

I didn’t think he should come on either btw.  

This

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We were decent first half but in all honesty we needed a wonder goal to get us out of a hole,

That 2nd half though, where do I start? taking Lowry off killed our chance of winning the game, then losing 2 goals in a minute straight after to them is unforgivable for any manager.

Shambles.

Shocker for Naisy telling Beni to sclaff his clearance then telling Sibbick to back heal it to Youn.  Naisy oot!

Aye taking Lowry off when he was knackered and we were winning 2-0 meant we had no chance of winning, even though we were already comfortably winning!  Is there actually any logic in that statement whatsoever?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

If Rowles stays centre half we win the game. He’s exceptional at defending his box especially crosses like the second goal. Sibbicks leading with the right foot in the front area was a joke 

10 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Is the correct answer.

Or is it that he gives his all / tries, but at this stage of his career he’s just not very good any more?

I blame his new “nans hair”. Get a buzz cut and he might return to being ok to bring on in midfield for the last 10 mins when 3-0 up. 

Shocking defending for the 2 Hibs goals. If Lowry was tired and that’s the reason he was taken off then fair enough but you have to replace him with another attacking player.. the momentum was with us every time we went forward I fancied us to to cause problems. At 2-0 down Hibs had no other choice but to chuck everything forward. A can see why folk are mad about Halliday no coming on but I agree for me he should’ve came on he’s got the experience the Offiah hasn’t got especially to see the game out and it means the whole defence wouldn’t be shuffled… Kingsley off Halliday on but instead your moving 2 players about in defence when it was fine to bring Offiah on… too many changes for me there 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 07/10/2023 at 13:30, copa-mundial said:

I miss Jonno the Jambo. His posts on Derby day and about them were legendary. 

He really should have been a Heart of Midlothian poet! 

Please come back Jonno. 

And...... FTH!!!

He won’t be coming back.  He asked to have his account closed in April 2022.

On 07/10/2023 at 13:45, Marvin said:

Isn't he banned? 

No, he’s not, Marvin.  

I was chatting with him on Thursday, he has no regrets about leaving and is doing great.

On 07/10/2023 at 13:56, William H. Bonney said:

Hopefully.  Absolute slaver. 

Funnily enough, he was saying the same thing about some folk on the forum!  :biggrin:

On 07/10/2023 at 21:15, JimmyCant said:

Nonsense. The right call was to bring Boyce on for Lowry

In your opinion

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Shocking defending for the 2 Hibs goals. If Lowry was tired and that’s the reason he was taken off then fair enough but you have to replace him with another attacking player.. the momentum was with us every time we went forward I fancied us to to cause problems. At 2-0 down Hibs had no other choice but to chuck everything forward. A can see why folk are mad about Halliday no coming on but I agree for me he should’ve came on he’s got the experience the Offiah hasn’t got especially to see the game out and it means the whole defence wouldn’t be shuffled… Kingsley off Halliday on but instead your moving 2 players about in defence when it was fine to bring Offiah on… too many changes for me there 🤷🏼‍♂️

100%

I was pissed off at Sibbick but what I'm now intrigued about is how many posters having a pop at his CB display were demanding he replace Rowles in the starting line up just a few weeks ago.

Same folk calling out Naismith for sticking Toby in there for half an hour?

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I was pissed off at Sibbick but what I'm now intrigued about is how many posters having a pop at his CB display were demanding he replace Rowles in the starting line up just a few weeks ago.

Same folk calling out Naismith for sticking Toby in there for half an hour?

The manager to blame for disrupting the whole defence ! Bring Halliday on who's used to playing there and leave everything else like it was 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The manager to blame for disrupting the whole defence ! Bring Halliday on who's used to playing there and leave everything else like it was 

That's a point of view and an easy one to back in hindsight.

Nonetheless, the biggest issue with the defensive re-shuffle was Sibbick. A player who was moved to the position that a lot of folk wanted him moved to. They can't be right twice.

Selkirkhmfc1874

That's a point of view and an easy one to back in hindsight.

Nonetheless, the biggest issue with the defensive re-shuffle was Sibbick. A player who was moved to the position that a lot of folk wanted him moved to. They can't be right twice.

Former pro footballer Ian Black posted same on here , jj and Billy Brown said same thing at full time Saturday, Scott Crabbe said same in tynie arms ! It's blatantly obvious 

Former pro footballer Ian Black posted same on here , jj and Billy Brown said same thing at full time Saturday, Scott Crabbe said same in tynie arms ! It's blatantly obvious 

You've just ignored what  I've said. 🙂

What I'm saying is -

Sibbick was the biggest issue with the defensive reshuffle, imo of course.

Just a few games ago, folk were screaming for Sibbick to replace Rowles at CB. That's not an opinion but a fact, I read it literally dozens of times.

If it was the same posters - If they were right on Saturday they got it wrong a few weeks ago. Does that make sense?

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, GinRummy said:

What I'm saying is -

Just a few games ago, folk were screaming for Sibbick to replace Rowles at CB. That's not an opinion but a fact, I read it literally dozens of times.

If it was the same posters - If they were right on Saturday they got it wrong a few weeks ago. Does that make sense?

A know what you're saying buddy and always respect your views and opinions on here! It's Monday morning and I'm still fcken gutted about Saturday because at 2-0 up we were only going to add to it until the manager fcked up but that's what you get with a project learning on the job manager unfortunately 

A know what you're saying buddy and always respect your views and opinions on here! It's Monday morning and I'm still fcken gutted about Saturday because at 2-0 up we were only going to add to it until the manager fcked up but that's what you get with a project learning on the job manager unfortunately 

Yep, subs didn't work out. I was miffed on Saturday but do take a bit of comfort from how well we played. 

Difficult run of fixtures ahead though, Saturday's game goes down as another missed opportunity 😕

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, subs didn't work out. I was miffed on Saturday but do take a bit of comfort from how well we played. 

Difficult run of fixtures ahead though, Saturday's game goes down as another missed opportunity 😕

Exactly another missed opportunity, we'll never get another favourable run of fixtures to start a season again and have fcked it up big time ! Match day 9 before we play any of the old firm while most of the other teams have played at least one of them

13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly another missed opportunity, we'll never get another favourable run of fixtures to start a season again and have fcked it up big time ! Match day 9 before we play any of the old firm while most of the other teams have played at least one of them

Aye, except Hibs.

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What I'm saying is -

Great point.  Lots of people calling for Naismith’s head wanted sibbick in for Rowles.  Now he was forced to put sibbick in for Rowles and they are calling for naisy’s head.  

yes he could have made another choice but it’s a bit of a Morton’s Fork isn’t it

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wouldn't worry about them tbh buddy , that hibs team is honking 

Could be what saves us this season. Nobody really stands out as better than us. Fair enough we've lost to St Mirren and Motherwell but they don't look like they'll sustain good form over a season. Aberdeen blowing it again yesterday.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Could be what saves us this season. Nobody really stands out as better than us. Fair enough we've lost to St Mirren and Motherwell but they don't look like they'll sustain good form over a season. Aberdeen blowing it again yesterday.

Lost to Dundee aswell , you're spot on that other teams blowing hot and cold the reason we currently sitting 4th and I also agree motherwell and St mirren will fall away and Thursday/Sunday will take toll on Aberdeen but we shouldn't be relying on that tbh

Lost to Dundee aswell , you're spot on that other teams blowing hot and cold the reason we currently sitting 4th and I also agree motherwell and St mirren will fall away and Thursday/Sunday will take toll on Aberdeen but we shouldn't be relying on that tbh

Aye, I missed them out because they aren't contenders for top 6 let alone third imo. Aye, we're not in a terrible position but need to continue improving because someone will pull a decent run of results together sooner or later.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Aye, I missed them out because they aren't contenders for top 6 let alone third imo. Aye, we're not in a terrible position but need to continue improving because someone will pull a decent run of results together sooner or later.

Let's hope it's us who puts together a decent run of results buddy hopefully starting against celtic 

As Naismith said, Hibs never earned that draw. 

Gift wrapped by basic and horrific defence at the second particularly.  

Edited by colinmaroon

You're no wrong we should of been out of sight before Hibs even scored their 1st goal though... the momentum was with us big time to get a 3rd before we made the defensive changes... to early for that for me anyway

On 07/10/2023 at 22:39, gregzy2k7 said:

Shambles.

So empty the board and empty Naismith. I assume his assistants and Savage go too.

Then what ? Some detail on how you get us out of that cluster**** AND make us better