***Heart Of Midlothian Vs H1b5*** Official Match Thread

Masonic

luckyBatistuta

Just finished work. Have to say, I’m worried about it going ahead now. There was massive flooding everywhere I went, including on the motorway and still chucking it down. 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selkirkhmfc1874
17 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

This games getting called off. It's relentless

Game will be on and 3pts will be staying in Gorgie 

35 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Game will be on and 3pts will be staying in Gorgie 

That’s the spirit  🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻️ 

stirlingshirejambo

Not raining in South edinburgh sure it’ll be fine. Seen some great Derbies in the soaking wet conditions over the years

Jack Torrance
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think we have quite a few fans who travel quite a distance to come to home games, who knows what travel chaos might occur. 

True, hope everyone makes it in one piece. We have some awesome travelling fans.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Struggling to get my head focused on the game, Im sure once I see a Hibby I will be fine though. 

They are the gift that keeps giving. I was awake at 5, typical pre-derby feeling. Need to go watch some of Robbo's goals to calm the nerves.

I'm going, hatrick for the fat Scotland reject to light up his season, without reply. 

:robboyas:

Fire_At_The_Disco

Heads up for those of us travelling by train, over 200 cancellations already on main lines heading to Edinburgh 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Gorgierools said:

Is there a pitch and inspection scheduled?

No not so far , it's only couple years ago we layed new pitch and drainage system so hopefully it stands upto it

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No not so far , it's only couple years ago we layed new pitch and drainage system so hopefully it stands upto it

I suppose it will need to be called by midday 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

When I think of derbies in the rain, this remains my favourite. It was the last derby where the Gorgie Road end was uncovered and occupied by the vermin. They got pissed on throughout the game and then we got pissed celebrating Terry's winner! :pleasing:

https://londonhearts.com/scores/games/199703151.html

We should have fitted a cut price rolling roof over the roseburn for exactly this kind of situation.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Will we not have covers that can cover the full pitch? 

Probably not now with the pitch we have and undersoil heating 

AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

There's definitely a pitch mate, don't worry about that.

24 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Nah and there won't be, just the usual panic merchants panicking. 

Just now, daavojaay said:

game is cancelled

6am pitch inspection from ann budge. she says shes steamin and canny be arsed the day so game is off

10 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

We need an enquiry into why we always get Collum versus Celtic and Hibs but hardly ever against Rangers.

It’s a nap we’ll get a man sent off and they’ll get a penalty. He’ll have one hand on his red card and be itching to send one of our players for an early bath. 

It's not torrential in the south of Edinburgh but it's pretty heavy and it's constant. If it's on it's going to be soaking. 

9 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

What to do? Travelling down from highland in about 3 hours - late call off would be 🤬as would be en route 

It’s getting back that would be my concern. It’s meant to rain all day so roads could get worse. 

1 minute ago, Negan said:

The game isn't going to be off. 😆

We’ve had games called off for a wee bit of ice on the pavements and the pitch was fine.  This could easily be off.  Obviously hope its no postponed but wouldnt be surprised. 

Pretty sure I remember having a game at Tynie against partick called off at about half 1 in the afternoon not so many years ago. We were on the bus and everyone got news of such a late call off so all got off and headed home. Weather has been horrendous all night here in Edinburgh. Battered the windows all night and the wind was howling. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
5 minutes ago, Trigger said:

When?

Patrick game 

Was called off at 12-40pm if I mind 

IMG_5420.jpeg

Edited by Fire_At_The_Disco

6 minutes ago, Trigger said:

When?

We had a game called off against motherwell due to bad weather despite the pitch being fine.  This was years ago, possibly 10.  It does happen though, it’s not just about the pitch but the surrounding area. 

5 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Patrick game 

Was called off at 12-40pm if I mind 

IMG_5420.jpeg

So not called off for ‘ice on the pavements’?

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

We had a game called off against motherwell due to bad weather despite the pitch being fine.  This was years ago, possibly 10.  It does happen though, it’s not just about the pitch but the surrounding area. 

Frozen pipes.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s getting back that would be my concern. It’s meant to rain all day so roads could get worse. 

Be better, get home in no time.

Its maybe the way forward.

images.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Trigger said:

So not called off for ‘ice on the pavements’?

We have definitely had a game called off relatively recently due to fan safety concerns and not the pitch. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Sooperstar said:

We have definitely had a game called off relatively recently due to fan safety concerns and not the pitch. 

Was that the wind , was still a while ago tho.

Inverness 2015?

11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Link?

‘Ice on the pavement’ was what I took issue with.

Fwiw, I think todays game is in doubt, and is dependent on the major road conditions. 

Diadora Van Basten
59 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

It’s a nap we’ll get a man sent off and they’ll get a penalty. He’ll have one hand on his red card and be itching to send one of our players for an early bath. 

Collums stats for awarding penalties and red cards are much higher than any other ref.

Also his stats for him reffing us against Celtic and Hibs are way out of line compared to other clubs.

2 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Link?

‘Ice on the pavement’ was what I took issue with.

Fwiw, I think todays game is in doubt, and is dependent on the major road conditions. 

Also think it’s in doubt. It’s not always about the pitch but safety of the fans getting to the ground. If there’s major disruption on roads and around the ground there is a chance it doesn’t go ahead. If it keeps raining up until kick off doesn’t matter that we have good drainage there’s only so much water the pitch will be able to take.

Not a day for goalkeepers. 

Have a shot - get it on target - follow it up - see what happens  

Rain is relentless at the moment though 

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Collums stats for awarding penalties and red cards are much higher than any other ref.

Also his stats for him reffing us against Celtic and Hibs are way out of line compared to other clubs.

Thing is he is just a poor referee as I’ve watched some games not involving us and can’t understand how he came to the decision he has. The non award of a penalty to Killie in the LC final last year even with VAR remains one of the biggest cock ups he’s had recently. 

Go for it 1308

Can I ask a daft question...and please pull me up if I'm thick as ****? Even though we've got drainage and undersold heating 

Why can we not have a waterproof  covering to roll out overnight and cover the pitch.  We knew beforehand that this rain was coming?