***Heart Of Midlothian Vs H1b5*** Official Match Thread

Masonic

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I reckon we will win,Naismith will be the next pep and we will continue to be a mediocre club….forever,amen.

Surely you would want us to win and go four out of five victories ? I am not convinced by Naismith myself but I hope he wins and convinces me . I will keep the depressing predictions until we stop winning 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a couple of quotes from Mrs Budge…”While events of recent months have undoubtedly slowed down some of our plans, we remain committed to achieving success at the top levels of Scottish football, a greater involvement in European football, expansion of our brand in international markets, investment in youth and ongoing growth and development of all of our commercial operations.

"Our objective remains to sit firmly at the heart of our community while succeeding on the bigger international stage that football offers."

Have we been successful at the above??

11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Just a couple of quotes from Mrs Budge…”While events of recent months have undoubtedly slowed down some of our plans, we remain committed to achieving success at the top levels of Scottish football, a greater involvement in European football, expansion of our brand in international markets, investment in youth and ongoing growth and development of all of our commercial operations.

"Our objective remains to sit firmly at the heart of our community while succeeding on the bigger international stage that football offers."

Have to say actually , we have ticked a few boxes from the above 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

I reckon we will win,Naismith will be the next pep and we will continue to be a mediocre club….forever,amen.

At least you're the current pap, though, eh?

7 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

What has this got to do with the game on Saturday? 

Hope there's not any danger of possible disruption or postponement,  weather looks really wet next 3 days especially Saturday 

1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Hope there's not any danger of possible disruption or postponement,  weather looks really wet next 3 days especially Saturday 

Good.  Hibs defenders will fall over

8 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

The word objective is the big one

1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Wouldn't look too much into the weather forecast at the moment. When I checked on Monday it said Saturday was to be 19 degrees with next to no chance of rain. 

Weather forecasts are almost always wrong. Here's hoping it's all good, really can't see the rain being so bad it the game will need to be postponed.

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Wouldn't look too much into the weather forecast at the moment. When I checked on Monday it said Saturday was to be 19 degrees with next to no chance of rain. 

Weather forecasts are almost always wrong. Here's hoping it's all good, really can't see the rain being so bad it the game will need to be postponed.

Seen some cracking derbies in the rain . Adds something to the atmosphere 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Seen some cracking derbies in the rain . Adds something to the atmosphere 

Certainly didn't do us any harm when McNeil made that blunder! 

The New Year derby at Tynecastle in 1984 (Jan 2) is the worst I remember for rain. It was torrential.

There were pools of water all over the pitch, the ball barely bounced or ran but, somehow, the ref deemed it playable.

1-1.

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Seem to remember Leveins 5 - 1 being a drencher too . John ONeil crashing in to the advertising hoardings

Came up on the socials the other day. How good?

Valois FFS and the man De Vries. :awlove:

Two of the coolest dudes i've seen wear the maroon.

4 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Remember it being wetter for some reason . Might have been thinking about another derby that dramatic season . Thanks for posting that :) 

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Now, that looks like bravery on ball and attacking intent, Some day, remember it well.

7 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Now, that looks like bravery on ball and attacking intent, Some day, remember it well.

Yep Levein at his best 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No Devlin in Australian squad, this should be a good period for us to get players who didnt have summer breaks of any length refreshed for the testing period coming out of the break.

Any win Saturday and get set for 2 weeks of very big matches

I go in to every derby thinking this one could be one of those rare high scoring wins . Inevitably the usual one goal margin win or a draw transpires

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I go in to every derby thinking this one could be one of those rare high scoring wins . Inevitably the usual one goal margin win or a draw transpires

Unfortunately I don't see where we'd get the goals from so that it could be high scoring. Barely threatened so far this season but you never know.

I'm off to Portugal so will miss out. Someone else call Newell a dirty basta for me. Bit worried about our defence despite the stats backing that we are fairly robust, no doubts its fair time we clicked in an attacking sense and although concern is there for us defensively I still would have ours over there's. Make sure we are aware of and avoid the wigs theatrics and get that Newell put back in his box early doors. We need to win the midfield. Fairly confident we have too much for them.

7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Unfortunately I don't see where we'd get the goals from so that it could be high scoring. Barely threatened so far this season but you never know.

I get what you mean about our lack of creativity at the moment being a concern. But on any given day at Tynie we can smash anyone, especially Hibs. Remember Naisys first home game we were going into it on a horrendous run and just been beat from Hibs. Scored 6.

With folk like Shankland and Boyce in the team with 300+ goals between them, anything is possible. 

12 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I know it is totally illogical but just one of those things . These things can often just come out of the blue it seems ………… 0 - 0 it is then 

Go for it 1308
12 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Wrong thread mate

Go for it 1308
8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I get what you mean about our lack of creativity at the moment being a concern. But on any given day at Tynie we can smash anyone, especially Hibs. Remember Naisys first home game we were going into it on a horrendous run and just been beat from Hibs. Scored 6.

With folk like Shankland and Boyce in the team with 300+ goals between them, anything is possible. 

This where I'm at

2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

old skool!

19 minutes ago, DS98 said:

🤞

Heart of Darkness
9 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

At least there fans will get soaked on the march from Roseburn, we should get the Gorgie lads sqooshing them with Fairy Liquid from the railway bridges, giving the tramps a clean. 😶‍🌫️

28 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

At least there fans will get soaked on the march from Roseburn, we should get the Gorgie lads sqooshing them with Fairy Liquid from the railway bridges, giving the tramps a clean. 😶‍🌫️

It'll be like chucking holly water at a vampire

18 minutes ago, 151 said:

Seen this on FB earlier on :lol:

Must've been copied over from Hibs fan hence the "we".

What a laughable "rival".

FB_IMG_1696521379811.jpg

That's funny,, very true but funny. 😁

Heart of Darkness
2 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

It'll be like chucking holly water at a vampire

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Melting in a puff of smoke leaving a pair of dirty scants, hoodie and a balaclava!! ☠️ 

Arthur Morgan
7 hours ago, 151 said:

FB_IMG_1696521379811.jpg

B E A utiful :verysmug:

I’m more worried about the game being on than anything else as there’s a weather warning for heavy rain from later this evening all the way through till Sunday. 

AC Mallin_51
13 hours ago, 151 said:

FB_IMG_1696521379811.jpg

They could do with catching up on derby wins at ER first, seeing as we have more of them too. They really are a joke club aren’t they 

1 hour ago, Russ1977 said:

I’m more worried about the game being on than anything else as there’s a weather warning for heavy rain from later this evening all the way through till Sunday. 

Yes just seen that on the news, doesn’t look great 

31 minutes ago, theshed said:

Yes just seen that on the news, doesn’t look great 

Weather warnings are utterly ridiculous now - completely over the top.

9 minutes ago, briever said:

However,every weather outlet is predicting 36hrs constant rain. 

30 minutes ago, briever said:

I remember a reporter on Good Morning Britain a presenter doing a report about a storm, he did it from Blackpool, and he was leaning into the wind as if he was getting blown off his feet. Just then, a wee auld woman with her wee westie in a wee tartan coat, came into shot , her head square not even ruffled she turned and waved then strolled on.:lol:

1 hour ago, briever said:

You have a point, I’m still waiting on that storm from last week 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

if the game is on, leave Boyce and Lowry on the bench to come on later and cause havoc

If the game is on 😂 it’s a moderate rain warning 

Absolute Scenes
19 minutes ago, karipidis said:

If the game is on 😂 it’s a moderate rain warning 

it was very much tongue in cheek 😂

PISTOL PETE 1874

Forget the weather,      Let’s just let the wee team and their fans know that we ARE the best and biggest team in the capital on and off the park ,          Let’s  get right behind the team from the first whistle , and don’t leave it the ultras alone to make the atmosphere that TYNCASTLE  is famous for.   HHGH🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻.

On 05/10/2023 at 09:17, martoon said:

The New Year derby at Tynecastle in 1984 (Jan 2) is the worst I remember for rain. It was torrential.

There were pools of water all over the pitch, the ball barely bounced or ran but, somehow, the ref deemed it playable.

1-1.

Remember that. Most miserable I've ever been at a game. Should never have started.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

However,every weather outlet is predicting 36hrs constant rain. 

Not every one

240px-The_Weather_Girls.jpg

Looking at the forecast for tomorrow and if as much rain falls as they area forecasting  surely the game will be in doubt? Thinking back to the farce at hampden recently the game against Georgia,  as much as pitches have better drainage now, when is the last time a match at Tynecastle cancelled due to water logging?