We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale

tartofmidlothian

periodictabledancer
17 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

Weirdly they seem to suggesting that Hearts and Rangers fans are going to queue together in Central so not sure if they are just directing all fans out to Mount Florida. Kings Park is the right side of the stadium for our end but it is a bit further away.

Hearts/Hibs fans did this for last year's semi. 

Alternate trains. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

17 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

Weirdly they seem to suggesting that Hearts and Rangers fans are going to queue together in Central so not sure if they are just directing all fans out to Mount Florida. Kings Park is the right side of the stadium for our end but it is a bit further away.

Queued together for the SC final, was peaceful enough.

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, Chong said:

Best parking options lids? I'm travelling to the game by car.

Bump this later. 

You can park close to the motorway and walk it in about 30 mins (I've done this before) but I wouldn't like to give directions. 

38 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

Hundreds of Hearts fans got the train to Mount Florida with Rangers fans for the 2022 final. There was no trouble at all. 

46 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Hundreds of Hearts fans got the train to Mount Florida with Rangers fans for the 2022 final. There was no trouble at all. 

Yeah - I doubt there will be an issue. Was more highlighting the different approach from tomorrow's game, when the Hibs fans are being directed in a different queue and onto different trains etc.

7 hours ago, jambo_No5 said:

Any recommendations on where to watch the game in Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote?

Bluebells, and give the Huns it tight when we pump them.

5 hours ago, ayeken said:

Plenty bars down the front. Sure some will have it on. Places like Shenanigans. I like the Rendezvous and sure they'd put it on for you in there. Enjoy. 

Maybe avoid Bluebells! 

I was at Bluebells for a Hearts Rangers game. 1-1 draw and the owner gave us a free pint.  We were quite quiet tho. He hates Hibs. 

16 hours ago, Chong said:

Best parking options lids? I'm travelling to the game by car.

Last year at the final we parked at Jessie street was ideal thinking of doing the same tomorrow. Around a 15 min walk from the stadium. 

On 27/10/2023 at 19:15, dukebox said:

Due to circumstances can only get to a couple of games per season.  Down to 2 points - I think I was at 20 odd about 2 years ago but been culled.  My sister and dad live down south and have buying history but would also go - at the moment that's 3 that can't buy a ticket.  Just need to watch it on the box instead which is a shame - I'm sure there are a few in the same boat that would go but being restricted.

In the same boat as you mate between work and playing football at the weekend I struggle to get to games so also down at 2 points, firestick it is 👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

In the same boat as you mate between work and playing football at the weekend I struggle to get to games so also down at 2 points, firestick it is 👍

Transfer money over to me and I'll go on get you a ticket if ye want buddy

Nelly Terraces
21 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

That situation which yourself & others find themselves in is just utterly ridiculous. Is there any other kind of leisure activity where you would be unable to buy a ticket when the event isn't sold out? No.

Scottish football is just so badly run on every level sadly, but virtually going out your way to stop income coming in is taking things to a whole new level. 

28 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

That situation which yourself & others find themselves in is just utterly ridiculous. Is there any other kind of leisure activity where you would be unable to buy a ticket when the event isn't sold out? No.

Scottish football is just so badly run on every level sadly, but virtually going out your way to stop income coming in is taking things to a whole new level. 

Add my daughter to the list of those who wanted to go, but can't, because she's not got enough loyalty points. 

37 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Its a pathetic the way it's run. A general sale would have seen us sell at least another 2 or 3 thousand tickets. Yes maybe a few Rangers fans would have bought but 99% would have been Jambos. Once again shows the how the old firm are restricting Scottish football. Teams are not able to sell tickets correctly due to concerns off there fans buying into the wrong ends. 

17 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Add my daughter to the list of those who wanted to go, but can't, because she's not got enough loyalty points. 

I’ve got 3 accounts that can be used for tickets if anyone’s toiling, nothing on today so could even meet at t/o👍

46 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Any idea how many we've sold ?

Around 17,000 I think (according to Facebook)

2 minutes ago, Adihearts said:

I’ve got 3 accounts that can be used for tickets if anyone’s toiling, nothing on today so could even meet at t/o👍

She's now made other plans, but thanks very much for the offer. 

On 21/10/2023 at 16:25, Bazzas right boot said:

Never live it down?

Look at my footer.

Show me anything that says I wanted hibs to win the cup or supported them, ever.

You won't find it.

So not only are you a wee liar or weak willed ( you choose which one as you were either on here in 2016 in a different guise or taking information from someone without checking it yourself then dishing out abuse based on that), you are also off topic and wanting to talk about hibs for some reason 

I'm also not sure I said someone wasn't a Hearts supporter on here either, happy to be corrected tho.

Enjoy watching hibs,  you're whole Saturday has been taken up by them.

You seem a bit obsessed with them tbh.

Unfortunately @wee mikey this is the post by Tosh that made me post from the 2016 thread 

He brought this on himself with his twat posting style.

I have had always never doubted he was a Hearts man, but he royally ****ed up with that post. Never, ever, does a Hearts man want Hibs to win a cup final.

Edited by Tommy Brown

53 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Right on cue... 😠

Screenshot_20231104_094645_Chrome.thumb.

Yes but they do not need to unsettle us ect. Honestly are some amount of dafties out there who do not recognise that this goes on 

Cairneyhill Jambo
On 03/11/2023 at 10:46, jambo_No5 said:

Any recommendations on where to watch the game in Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote?

I'm here just now and will be watching the game in the Dog and Duck near the old town. I watched the game versus Rangers there last week. 

I would imagine most pubs will be showing it. 

5 hours ago, ritchcook said:

Last year at the final we parked at Jessie street was ideal thinking of doing the same tomorrow. Around a 15 min walk from the stadium. 

Spotted that on Google maps think that's near enough where the lad said yesterday. I'll try there.

Cheers

I've got 2 tickets in section G2 about 10 from the top, went for hospitality, thinking it would be easy to get rid of my tickets, face value £28

Screenshot_20231104_103509_Google.jpg

5 hours ago, Sir PH said:

She's now made other plans, but thanks very much for the offer. 

And that's precisely an example of what I mentioned previously. That's one person now not attending who really should've been able to go.

There'll be lapsed or intermittent Hearts fans who may very well have a history of attending previous cup runs etc., hence defo not opposition supporters, but with low or zero LPs. We have a database!!!

Such folks, having seen that they're not eligible for the 1st tranche might look again, see that they're still not eligible, and unlikely look for a 3rd time. Meanwhile, especially those with kids, will likely have made other arrangements for Nov 5th.

Methinks we should've had a tight (a few days) 1st tranche with those eligible able to buy x 2; get that 1st 13K tranche sold pronto; then reduce the LPs to 5 (also allowing a +1); then an open sale for those with a buying history.

That way, we'd likely have sold the 18K and been in a position to take up the further 2K.

But, no! Folks who'd already bought were belatedly offered a +1 meaning buying for a different section for their mates, and that mistake was repeated when the LPs dropped.

We were arguably never going to sell 50% of Hampden for a League 🏆 semi-final v The Rangers, but we made it very awkward for our own fans. Not good.

Sadly, it seems like we've kind of been repeating that error for home matches with e.g. our recent 15 LPs to buy v Celtic for fear of interlopers. Methinks that only served to lock-out those on the fabled waiting list. People who likely dinnae have many LPs, if any, but who would like to attend.

I'd like to think that we'll offer more Roseburn seats as STs next season (along with cutting H1b5' allocation and sorting out a dedicated away section for all visiting fans, avec netting), and open the ticket exchange far, far earlier for those either on the ST waiting list, or who have a buying history.

Waiting for unsold hospitality to become available and releasing seats in dribs & drabs hasn't (in my humble opinion) been a good M.O.

Harrumph!

22 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

And that's precisely an example of what I mentioned previously. That's one person now not attending who really should've been able to go.

There'll be lapsed or intermittent Hearts fans who may very well have a history of attending previous cup runs etc., hence defo not opposition supporters, but with low or zero LPs. We have a database!!!

Such folks, having seen that they're not eligible for the 1st tranche might look again, see that they're still not eligible, and unlikely look for a 3rd time. Meanwhile, especially those with kids, will likely have made other arrangements for Nov 5th.

Methinks we should've had a tight (a few days) 1st tranche with those eligible able to buy x 2; get that 1st 13K tranche sold pronto; then reduce the LPs to 5 (also allowing a +1); then an open sale for those with a buying history.

That way, we'd likely have sold the 18K and been in a position to take up the further 2K.

But, no! Folks who'd already bought were belatedly offered a +1 meaning buying for a different section for their mates, and that mistake was repeated when the LPs dropped.

We were arguably never going to sell 50% of Hampden for a League 🏆 semi-final v The Rangers, but we made it very awkward for our own fans. Not good.

Sadly, it seems like we've kind of been repeating that error for home matches with e.g. our recent 15 LPs to buy v Celtic for fear of interlopers. Methinks that only served to lock-out those on the fabled waiting list. People who likely dinnae have many LPs, if any, but who would like to attend.

I'd like to think that we'll offer more Roseburn seats as STs next season (along with cutting H1b5' allocation and sorting out a dedicated away section for all visiting fans, avec netting), and open the ticket exchange far, far earlier for those either on the ST waiting list, or who have a buying history.

Waiting for unsold hospitality to become available and releasing seats in dribs & drabs hasn't (in my humble opinion) been a good M.O.

Harrumph!

I work in IT (software development), and databases can hold historical info.  Issues probably comes down to inadequate software.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I work in IT (software development), and databases can hold historical info.  Issues probably comes down to inadequate software.

Just as a trivial example:-

I was the recipient of an e-mail from Hearts telling me about the PR bar not being available at the beginning of this season due to the hotel development. Fine.

But, I did NOT get one telling me that it had become available again ... and only found out due to one in our 3 having got that info sent via e-mail. It's terribly inconsistant.

I get bombarded with e-mails every other day from Jet 2. It costs nowt (or very little) to fire off a mass e-mail, yet we seem to put the onus on fans seeking out info from our club web-site which is often lacking.

We really need to up our game as regards communications.

7 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Around 17,000 I think (according to Facebook)

This would be a tremendous support. I received the programme for tomorrow’s game this morning. Within it is a couple of pages capturing data on previous league cup semi-finals. Some statistics regarding attendances at these games is truly ‘eye watering’! Some games played at Fester Road, Muirton Park are embarrassing to all east coast teams due to such poor attendances. Rangers and Celtic do not fare any better with almost all their semi final  games . IF Hearts were to take 17000 fans through tomorrow it would show just how far we have come, in a positive direction. The game is on a Sunday, against the favourites to lift the trophy and, no special allowance for season ticket holders! Yes, 17000 would be fantastic and I just hope the team can repay us!!   

46 minutes ago, Homme said:

How many sales have we ended up with?

Shouldn't even have to ask that question.

Hearts should've been giving that info out whilst doing everything possible to encourage sales. We've messed up.

19 minutes ago, Independence said:

This would be a tremendous support. I received the programme for tomorrow’s game this morning. Within it is a couple of pages capturing data on previous league cup semi-finals. Some statistics regarding attendances at these games is truly ‘eye watering’! Some games played at Fester Road, Muirton Park are embarrassing to all east coast teams due to such poor attendances. Rangers and Celtic do not fare any better with almost all their semi final  games . IF Hearts were to take 17000 fans through tomorrow it would show just how far we have come, in a positive direction. The game is on a Sunday, against the favourites to lift the trophy and, no special allowance for season ticket holders! Yes, 17000 would be fantastic and I just hope the team can repay us!!   

If we take circa 17K, then that's approximately 5K more than the 2012 Scottish 🏆 semi-final v Celtic ... an unlikely but unforgettable victory.

As for the team re-paying us?

All I want to witness is a battling performance, which last Sunday's match shows us as being well capable of.

Oh ... and an unlikely victory, of course ...

... after all ...

... we'll be up against the 🏆 favourites plus their, ahem, 'helpers' both in the middle of the park; up both sides; and in the VAR room.

Time for 'A Song for Every Occasion' ...

We can do this, but it'll have to be against the odds.

But ... 'Miracles', and dreams, sometimes happen.

❤️❤️G❤️

8 hours ago, Philfigo said:

Its a pathetic the way it's run. A general sale would have seen us sell at least another 2 or 3 thousand tickets. Yes maybe a few Rangers fans would have bought but 99% would have been Jambos. Once again shows the how the old firm are restricting Scottish football. Teams are not able to sell tickets correctly due to concerns off there fans buying into the wrong ends. 

This isn't a Scottish football thing. It's Hearts ' decision.

You may or may not agree with it but they've decided not to sell to supporters who want to go.

I suppose with 7000 on a waiting list there's no need to encourage folk to attend games.

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

This isn't a Scottish football thing. It's Hearts ' decision.

You may or may not agree with it but they've decided not to sell to supporters who want to go.

I suppose with 7000 on a waiting list there's no need to encourage folk to attend games.

Yeah 7000 on a waiting list but the 7000 don't have 5LP's to buy a Hampden ticket. Just don't get it. The whole way we have been selling tickets recently needs a big review. For us supposedly owning our own club there is some that own the club can't buy a ticket for tomorrow's game, it is absolutely ridiculous.

Ticket office is closed tomorrow. 

If you are keen go to game and see if there are spares. 

Edited by Mikey1874

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

How the **** can all these folks "desperate to go" not have garnered 5 pts over the last 2 years?

I've been following Hearts long enough to know there will be loads of ST holders missing tomorrow. 

As for your question : six of us managed to get tickets for last year's semi  , no one is going this year. Apathy rules. 

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

As for your question : six of us managed to get tickets for last year's semi  , no one is going this year. Apathy rules. 

We weren't in the league cup semi last year? Do you mean the Big Cup semi, season before last - against our traditional rivals?

In any case, 17k for a Sunday (televised) match in Glasgow is hardly 'apathy'! As someone already mentioned, it's 5k more than the 2012 Big Cup semi.

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Harrumph!

👏👏👏

I have a spare adult ticket in the South Stand Lower. If anyone reads this and wants to go but for whatever reason can’t afford to then it’s theirs. Just send me a PM and I can arrange to pass it on tomorrow morning. Leaving for Glasgow at 10am so will need to be early. 

been here before
24 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

That doesnt pertain to my question in any way, shape or form :rofl:

I feel so beaten down by OF fixtures. Just feel queasy thinking about tomorrow. 

Desperately want us to get the win because I really fancy our chances against Aberdeen. But can't escape the reality that we're either going to get gubbed or if its remotely tight, we'll have the Weegie with the whistle putting his fingers on the scales. 

If we're cheated tomorrow, I want to see firm action from the club. 

Clark

Kingsley Kent Rowles 

Forrest Devlin Beni Hof Cochrane

Shanks Vargas

That’s how I’d line is up.

Feel we definitely need a Vargas / Oda up with Shanks as an outlet to go in behind. 

Means we have the likes of Boyce, Grant and one of Vargas / Oda to come on in the second half. 

Alternatively you could start Grant over one of Devlin / Nieuwenhof. Have him and Shanks behind Vargas.

Dagger Is Back
On 03/11/2023 at 16:20, dontkillbill said:

That's what happened for the SCF last year. We had to get off at MF and hoof it from there. 

It was OK but you just need one twat.