We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale

tartofmidlothian

15 hours ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Not sure you’ll get any takers. It’s difficult enough to watch us right now without doing it sitting next to a hibby.

:sergioyay:

Well, guess what? I have a taker (actually two ... a bloke + his kid, otherwise stymied) ... mind you, that involves me giving up my own 'good' seat, a bit of leg-work with me ending up with one of the less good seats, but that's fine by me as I'm more than happy to sit anywhere to witness an unlikely victory. Lol.

Oh, and as someone known to be (literally) 'sleeping with the enemy', I took no offence at your Hibby banter ... I totally lurve my big, strong Hibby lassie, so I do. 🥰

Let's hope that our club is engaging with the ticket issue so as to make it at least a 'sell out' for our initial 13K + 5K. Who gives a toss if we've been allocated, largely, the poorer seats if we win?

Up against it now, given that families will have other stuff arranged for 5th Nov, but I live in hope.

Circa 12K for the 2012 🏆 semi-final v Celtic, and we've already beaten that figure. Anyone who was there that glorious day knows what it'll mean should we prevail.

❤️❤️G❤️

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

58 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Well, guess what? I have a taker (actually two ... a bloke + his kid, otherwise stymied) ... mind you, that involves me giving up my own 'good' seat, a bit of leg-work with me ending up with one of the less good seats, but that's fine by me as I'm more than happy to sit anywhere to witness an unlikely victory. Lol.

Oh, and as someone known to be (literally) 'sleeping with the enemy', I took no offence at your Hibby banter ... I totally lurve my big, strong Hibby lassie, so I do. 🥰

Let's hope that our club is engaging with the ticket issue so as to make it at least a 'sell out' for our initial 13K + 5K. Who gives a toss if we've been allocated, largely, the poorer seats if we win?

Up against it now, given that families will have other stuff arranged for 5th Nov, but I live in hope.

Circa 12K for the 2012 🏆 semi-final v Celtic, and we've already beaten that figure. Anyone who was there that glorious day knows what it'll mean should we prevail.

❤️❤️G❤️

Great post. All the stars aligned for us when we beat Celtic in 2012 and it was one of the best days in over 60 years of watching Hearts. Traditionally we do better as the underdog so I will go in hope and enjoy the day. Yes we are up against better players who will be playing in their own backyard with one of their supporters refereeing the game but so it was in 1998 when we'd lost all four league games to them and we produced a brilliant backs to the wall performance. If you don't want to go as you can't stand the thought of losing then Hearts really aren't the team for you unfortunately. 

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

No matter what we did, there is absolutely no chance we were selling all our tickets for this match.

Which is why the GFA allocation wasnt really misguided, despite all the grumbling.

If this weekend is another empty wetsuit display there could be a few empty seats aswell. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Great post. All the stars aligned for us when we beat Celtic in 2012 and it was one of the best days in over 60 years of watching Hearts. Traditionally we do better as the underdog so I will go in hope and enjoy the day. Yes we are up against better players who will be playing in their own backyard with one of their supporters refereeing the game but so it was in 1998 when we'd lost all four league games to them and we produced a brilliant backs to the wall performance. If you don't want to go as you can't stand the thought of losing then Hearts really aren't the team for you unfortunately. 

If the 2012 or 1998 team are playing we sell the 20k.

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, Jeremy Goss said:

I’m on 5 loyalty points, former season ticket holder, on the waiting list for a couple of years for another, pay £40 to FoH every month yet I can’t get a couple of tickets for me and my 6 year old who has 2 loyalty points. Doesn’t seem fair at all and stopping younger generations getting interested in supporting the club.

Nailed it.

5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

That doesn't make sense when we only sold approximately 12k in 2012? 

5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Its just another angle for people to have a go at the club/manager/board. 🙄

When it comes to semi finals we have a lot of shitebag fair weather fans. If it was Aberdeen or hibs we would have sold plenty more. 

pettigrewsstylist
11 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Makes sense to me. 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wouldn't have thought so, Rangers would take about 20 goals of these teams.

🙃

We never sold 20k in 2012 either when the 2012 team were playing....

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Which is why the GFA allocation wasnt really misguided, despite all the grumbling.

If this weekend is another empty wetsuit display there could be a few empty seats aswell. 

Sorry, I don’t think the SPFL ( not the SFA ) should get completely off the hook here. 
The way they go about distributing tickets, compounded by the LP thresholds by the club, has resulted in this. There could have been more sold. Not massively, granted, but more than there has been.

14 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

F6 - 5

F5 - 11

F4 - 63

Total - 79 

I wonder what the club will do once we sell these. The sales have dried up a bit and most folk going will have a ticket already. Will they take half of Section F3 or will the rest be handed back? Might get a few buying at the end of the month but suspect that the SPFL will give us a cut off date to sell. 

16 hours ago, been here before said:

"Genuine Hearts fans" that havent managed to get buy a max of 5 tickets for games since the start of last season?

I'd classify myself as a genuine fan. I had a season ticket when I lived in Scotland, I go to every game I can get a ticket for when I'm back home, and I plan holidays around big fixtures. Not everyone has living arrangements that make it possible to get to that many games. When you also account for the fact that you don't get loyalty points for some away games, it should be easy to see how some people can end up in that situation.

16 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

If the games you attended were either this season, or last season, then simply contact the Ticket Office and they'll sort it for you.

Funnily enough, I have two games missing from last year, both in March. Not too fussed as I have plenty LPs, but the system has had glitches. Not only are the LPs missing, but the purchases too! It begs the question ... "Where did the dosh go?" 😆

I bought black market tickets for Riga away and the Scottish Cup final and my ticket for Dundee Utd away was bought directly from them so the ticket office wouldn't be able to help unfortunately.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

Why they are still at 5 lps is a nonsense, sales have been at snails pace all week, put it to general sale purchase history needed and get another block sold before we give the remainder back. We must be the only club that now refuses to go to general sale for OF games at tynie/hampden despite not selling out, bizarre - all for the fear of a few OF fans getting in. Whether it's 15 points or general sale, a few OF will always be able to find a way in imo. We have to prioritise getting as many hearts fans as possible in, regardless of whether that's the perceived glory hunters who only go to finals etc.

Edited by JH-HMFC

What are we on course for? Close to 15k? I don't actually think that's all that bad for the LC. It's something we've never traditionally had big attendances for. Last semi against Rangers was about 13,000 and the one at Easter Road against Inverness we had about 9000 and that was in Edinburgh against a team we should have had a decent chance against. 

I'd like to see us have more there, but it holds up pretty well compared to previous semis. Especially considering we aren't in good form, it's not a cheap day out and it's against Rangers who we have an awful history against in this tournament.

Hopefully we can still shift a few more with payday coming up though.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

What are we on course for? Close to 15k? I don't actually think that's all that bad for the LC. It's something we've never traditionally had big attendances for. Last semi against Rangers was about 13,000 and the one at Easter Road against Inverness we had about 9000 and that was in Edinburgh against a team we should have had a decent chance against. 

I'd like to see us have more there, but it holds up pretty well compared to previous semis. Especially considering we aren't in good form, it's not a cheap day out and it's against Rangers who we have an awful history against in this tournament.

Hopefully we can still shift a few more with payday coming up though.

It isnt that bad, the whole thing is skewed by those who were angered, including the club, that there was not an even split of tickets. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Wouldn't have thought so, Rangers would take about 20 goals of these teams.

🙃

We never sold 20k in 2012 either when the 2012 team were playing....

My point is that our average attendance, and the club, have grown since 2012. Stats vary by a few hundred but ballpark figure +5k

All guesswork anyway. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

My point is that our average attendance, and the club, have grown since 2012. Stats vary by a few hundred but ballpark figure +5k

All guesswork anyway. 

The clubs grown since 2012!

**** me, I thought we'd been shite for years and the end was nigh?

Who told you this???

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The clubs grown since 2012!

**** me, I thought we'd been shite for years and the end was nigh?

Who told you this???

We also had hope anytime a certain Czech left footer took the pitch. Hope sells tickets in a game like this eh.

5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Now supporters with 5LP's can buy an additional ticket. That's about as close to a general sale as you'll get I think.

Why didn't they just do that yesterday? not as if the sudden rush would have sold all the tickets.

Just seem to be making it up as they go along. 

I would have bought extra tickets for family members if this had been an option a few days ago but not going to do that now when there's no way of sitting together. Multiply that by a few thousand season ticket holders who would have bought a ticket for a mate and we could have filled our allocation. 

19 hours ago, Jeremy Goss said:

I’m on 5 loyalty points, former season ticket holder, on the waiting list for a couple of years for another, pay £40 to FoH every month yet I can’t get a couple of tickets for me and my 6 year old who has 2 loyalty points. Doesn’t seem fair at all and stopping younger generations getting interested in supporting the club.

Absolutely bang on the money 👆 Surely can be some way of connecting FOH payments to getting loyalty points or even just that fact someone is FOH to get tickets. If someone is paying FOH then that means they aint other supporters trying to buy tickets in wrong ends. Think all this really needs highlighted to the club and more encentives if you are paying FOH. 

1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

Absolutely bang on the money 👆 Surely can be some way of connecting FOH payments to getting loyalty points or even just that fact someone is FOH to get tickets. If someone is paying FOH then that means they aint other supporters trying to buy tickets in wrong ends. Think all this really needs highlighted to the club and more encentives if you are paying FOH. 

Indeed

I know people were against loyalty points for FOH payments but for a pledger not being able to make a game like the Semi or last weekends Celtic game as they only come up from say down south once in a while is ridiculous.

Seems daft i have loyalty points for shares my dad bought for me in the 1990's and nothing for the FOH pledges which amount to a lot more than the share investment. 

We really don’t help ourselves with the way we release tickets, make it as hard as possible to bring non regulars along to the big games. 

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

More tickets have been sold in the last hour than the previous 5 days on the back of this! 

Good move, we need to do all we can to shift tickets. They weren't selling at the previous threshold, hopefully this sees a late surge and we can sell a good few more. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

More tickets have been sold in the last hour than the previous 5 days on the back of this! 

That's good news! More of us through there the better

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, PapaShango said:

Good move, we need to do all we can to shift tickets. They weren't selling at the previous threshold, hopefully this sees a late surge and we can sell a good few more. 

Sure they'll be some waiting for pay day aswell 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sure they'll be some waiting for pay day aswell 

Only worry with that is, will we have handed them back by the time pay day comes around. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

Indeed

I know people were against loyalty points for FOH payments but for a pledger not being able to make a game like the Semi or last weekends Celtic game as they only come up from say down south once in a while is ridiculous.

Seems daft i have loyalty points for shares my dad bought for me in the 1990's and nothing for the FOH pledges which amount to a lot more than the share investment. 

I don't think LPs should apply for FoH pledges, they are meant as reward for attending games. 

However I do think that all FoH pledgers should be able to purchase match tickets when they are available 

1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

Indeed

Crazy that it's not been looked into or it may have been but we don't know. Just think for a fan owned club, we as owners surely get some kind of loyalty or benefit back especially those who live far away and can't make games very often and contribute alot on money to the club. I felt this a while back from living abroad for 2 years could not get to any games and loyalty points cut left me high and dry. Fine now as I have got my season ticket.

Edited by Philfigo

24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Only worry with that is, will we have handed them back by the time pay day comes around. 

Most folk will be payed tomorrow I think.

been here before
5 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Hearts have really ****ed up here with how they have handled this 

Aye?

You've never mentioned it.

5 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Why hand them back. The games more than a week away

12 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Why hand them back. The games more than a week away

The SPFL will want us many tickets sold as possible, if we aren't shifting them they will undoubtedly give them to Rangers to sell. That's the only reason we are selling them in the sequence like we are so that any blocks not sold go to Rangers. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 hours ago, The Gorgie said:

Screenshot_20231026_223233_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e0cbdb58278df6892ad9da52d2bc5a36.jpg

Any idea how many we've sold so far? Hopefully we'll shift a few this weekend with it being payday

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Any idea how many we've sold so far? Hopefully we'll shift a few this weekend with it being payday

Id guess we'll be about the 15k mark.