We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale

tartofmidlothian

2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Scenario I want is 0-0 till we score in the 99th minute and the ref blows for full time

If we score in the 99th minute the ref will add on 10mins for our celebrations

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

On 31/10/2023 at 11:09, OmiyaHearts said:

I think most pubs in town will be fine mate. They tend to drink in Govan or at Mount Florida.

Horseshoe Bar 1 min away from Central station

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, footydaft said:

Brilliant karaoke in there at night time, place always bouncing

The new West End
9 hours ago, footydaft said:

I assume opening time in the weej on a Sunday is still noon?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some cracking tickets released in I5 which is really annoying, where I was looking to buy in the first place

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Some cracking tickets released in I5 which is really annoying, where I was looking to buy in the first place

This always happens 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Someone changed their ticket at ticket office in front of me this morning. 

On 31/10/2023 at 11:49, Boab said:

Or Crystal Palace on Jamaica St. 

Both your typical big boozers.

Personally, I’ll go to the Imperial Bar on Howard St. I like my old style boozers over these big corporate things !

Plenty boozers to pick from. I’d stay away from Hope St though. 

I drank in the Scotia before the game on Sunday, apparently the oldest pub in Glasgow. Really good place 

Edited by Wearsider

Who would you prefer in the final ? Hibs for me . Obviously when they are playing the Sheep I will be wanting them to lose , but if I could choose a final opponent it would always them and their biscuit arses 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who would you prefer in the final ? Hibs for me . Obviously when they are playing the Sheep I will be wanting them to lose , but if I could choose a final opponent it would always them and their biscuit arses 

Would like a us v's the hobos final but no guarantees so quicker they out the better 

Percival King
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Aberdeen. Doesn't get much better than beating (destroying) Hibs to win a cup but I'm not sure my nerves could take it again. Plus I'd love to see us lift a trophy in our 150th anniversary white away kit and that presumably could only happen if we play Eberdeen.

4 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Aberdeen. Doesn't get much better than beating (destroying) Hibs to win a cup but I'm not sure my nerves could take it again. Plus I'd love to see us lift a trophy in our 150th anniversary white away kit and that presumably could only happen if we play Eberdeen.

I'd also like Aberdeen. Before I croak it, I'd like us to beat Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen in a final. We were a penalty kick away from making it three out of four. 

I'd want Aberdeen in the final. Absolutely want to see us smash them in a final one of these days. Still bitter from 86. 😁

Plus they play Frankfurt on the Thursday before the final so hopefully they've been given the runaround.

However, I think Hibs will beat them. And then of course, there's our game... 😐

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I'd want Aberdeen in the final. Absolutely want to see us smash them in a final one of these days. Still bitter from 86. 😁

Plus they play Frankfurt on the Thursday before the final so hopefully they've been given the runaround.

However, I think Hibs will beat them. And then of course, there's our game... 😐

Yep no point in thinking about the final unless we can beat the bigoted juggernaut and the SFA. 

Edited by OTT

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Aberdeen for me, due them a pumping in a final. 

Jambo Buckets
On 31/10/2023 at 17:30, Wee Mikey said:

I bow to your superior knowledge of Rangers haunts ... but ...

... If Govan ain't a Rangers heartland, is Gorgie not a Hearts heartland either?

I can only go on my own experiences.

Every area in Glasgow is mixed but Govan isn't thought of as overwhelmingly Rangers, just like Parkhead isn't filled with Celtic fans. It's only really the South side of Glasgow where there is a bit of a divide in the areas but it's all still pretty mixed. 

Just now, Jambo Buckets said:

Every area in Glasgow is mixed but Govan isn't thought of as overwhelmingly Rangers, just like Parkhead isn't filled with Celtic fans. It's only really the South side of Glasgow where there is a bit of a divide in the areas but it's all still pretty mixed. 

True of the city of course , just like Edinburgh and our rivalry . Outside of the city though There are towns and villages that are predominantly Hun or Tim . Sadly the reason why Scotland is a bit socially and culturally embarrassing if you take foreign friends or relatives anywhere outside of Edinburgh most times 

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would like a us v's the hobos final but no guarantees so quicker they out the better 

H1b5 will be 2-0 up at half-time ...

... and lose 2-4 ...

But ... can you even imagine should it be an unlikely Edinburgh 🏆 Final?

Screenshot_20231102_170051_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231102_170115_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231102_170121_Gallery.jpg

40 minutes ago, Jambo Buckets said:

Yup, I've already been corrected as regards that. I suppose I've been guilty of not being tuned in.

Gonna digress ...

See on Sun? I honestly saw no Rangers fans in the centre of Glasgow, although they must've been hanging out somewhere.

On the bus from central Glasgow there were but two Rangers fans picked up en-route. But, within 2 mins of alighting there were thousands of Rangers fans and countless buses ... hence my previous post.

Anyhoo, I made the mistake of thinking that Govan was a total Rangers stronghold. Hardly surprising! 😁

Also, honestly? Never a problem in Glasgow either pre-match or post-match in games v Rangers. As usual, some folks want to paint a picture of Rangers fans as being 100% 'Der Hun Bampots', but all I saw were normal fans with their kids. Several individual Hearts fans approached the stadium same direction as myself with no issues.

The Rangers fans I engaged with were a good laugh.

Oops! Have to do some cooking now. 👨‍🍳

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

If they win on Saturday it might give us an extra boost for our game on Sunday ? 

45 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

If they win on Saturday it might give us an extra boost for our game on Sunday ? 

It definitely will. It did in 2012. 

Hibs win Saturday, we’re winning Sunday for me. 

And we know what happens after that😀♥️

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Sheep would be much preferable, they have a stack of games, including one on the Thursday before the final against Eintracht Frankfurt, which would be some sort of weird link to the last time we played a final. 

I dont think its something we need worry too much about, unless we are rewriting history, something I dont remember too much in my 40 odd years of Hearts

17 hours ago, Sooks said:

True of the city of course , just like Edinburgh and our rivalry . Outside of the city though There are towns and villages that are predominantly Hun or Tim . Sadly the reason why Scotland is a bit socially and culturally embarrassing if you take foreign friends or relatives anywhere outside of Edinburgh most times 

Think the divide in Glasgow is a lot different to Edinburgh.

But boundaries have blurred in the old strongholds .

East end is traditionally Celtic but they have Bridgeton a spit away from Darkhead .

You don't get much more Billyboy than Brigton

21 hours ago, Sooks said:

Masochist :lol: I can't deal with that level of stress again, bad enough when it's a semi final. Seen us beat them 4 times out of 4 in semis & finals now, if Stephen Kingsley is the last person to ever score the winner in a Hampden Edinburgh derby I'm alright with it.

Just now, john thomas said:

Think the divide in Glasgow is a lot different to Edinburgh.

But boundaries have blurred in the old strongholds .

East end is traditionally Celtic but they have Bridgeton a spit away from Darkhead .

You don't get much more Billyboy than Brigton

Plus Dennistoun as well just north of the ground. Round about Duke Street train station is full of Rangers boozers, Celtic Park is that close you'll see it from the tenement flats.

17 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Any recommendations on where to watch the game in Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote?

On a telly😉

I’d want Aberdeen in the final, as much as I think we’d probably have a better chance of beating Hibs I just don’t think my nerves can handle it 😂 plus it would be good to see us beat Aberdeen in a final, especially in that white third kit 😍

50 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Masochist :lol: I can't deal with that level of stress again, bad enough when it's a semi final. Seen us beat them 4 times out of 4 in semis & finals now, if Stephen Kingsley is the last person to ever score the winner in a Hampden Edinburgh derby I'm alright with it.

At least I would not have to worry about the players not turning up though :lol: 

1 hour ago, jambo_No5 said:

Any recommendations on where to watch the game in Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote?

Plenty bars down the front. Sure some will have it on. Places like Shenanigans. I like the Rendezvous and sure they'd put it on for you in there. Enjoy. 

Maybe avoid Bluebells! 

Edited by ayeken

4 hours ago, The new West End said:

Does it matter what Hampden train station to choose from Central?

Weirdly they seem to suggesting that Hearts and Rangers fans are going to queue together in Central so not sure if they are just directing all fans out to Mount Florida. Kings Park is the right side of the stadium for our end but it is a bit further away.