We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

There's a a couple of bars around Central Station - one's a big Witherspoon's, next to Radisson Blue. 

Sir John Moore. It's just been refurbished and extended. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Sir John Moore. It's just been refurbished and extended. 

Or Crystal Palace on Jamaica St. 

Both your typical big boozers.

Personally, I’ll go to the Imperial Bar on Howard St. I like my old style boozers over these big corporate things !

Plenty boozers to pick from. I’d stay away from Hope St though. 

12 minutes ago, Boab said:

Or Crystal Palace on Jamaica St. 

Both your typical big boozers.

Personally, I’ll go to the Imperial Bar on Howard St. I like my old style boozers over these big corporate things !

Plenty boozers to pick from. I’d stay away from Hope St though. 

Crystal Palace won't let you in if you are wearing or showing your team's colours.

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The Alchemist and The Counting House both in George Square. Waxy O’Connors Merchant City. 

Waxy just off George Square surely ?

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Crystal Palace won't let you in if you are wearing or showing your team's colours.

Not true. I've been in plenty of times with my Hearts scarf on. The cup final v Celtic in 2019 and against Rangers last year, place was heaving with fans of both teams wearing colours. There wasn't even a bouncer on the door. 

23 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Not true. I've been in plenty of times with my Hearts scarf on. The cup final v Celtic in 2019 and against Rangers last year, place was heaving with fans of both teams wearing colours. There wasn't even a bouncer on the door. 

Very true. We were asked to hide/remove our colours before the semi final with Hibs last season before having breakfast there. Other Hearts supporters came in after us, wouldn't comply with the request so therefore left, before they were asked to leave.

Anyone else having problems buying tickets?

Just spend an hour trying to buy two (also tried to buy one in case x2 was problem), lets me go full way through process but then says “please complete all fields …” which I know I’ve done.

I’m requesting tickets to be sent by 1st class post but I’m wondering if it’s passed the cut off date for that? It’s so frustrating so I’ve given up for a rest!

I now have one spare ticket for section F if anyone is interested?

Edited by asomerville

44 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Anyone else having problems buying tickets?

Just spend an hour trying to buy two (also tried to buy one in case x2 was problem), lets me go full way through process but then says “please complete all fields …” which I know I’ve done.

I’m requesting tickets to be sent by 1st class post but I’m wondering if it’s passed the cut off date for that? It’s so frustrating so I’ve given up for a rest!

Check your payment details. If saved try deleting and adding again. Have hid similar issues in the past. Might work.

13 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Check your payment details. If saved try deleting and adding again. Have hid similar issues in the past. Might work.

Thanks - I’ve tried that again, I’ve tried everything again (apart from trying a different card), I’ve logged completely out and back in, so frustrating ….

PS I have a hypothesis that it’s now too late for tickets to be sent out by first class post despite that still being given as an option so that’s what’s stopping the completion of the transaction (NB I might be wrong on that!). 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

No offence, mate, but that's not true. There are next to no pubs in Govan that Rangers fans frequent, and Mount Florida is pretty much the same. They'll be drinking in and around Central Station, same as the Hearts fans who are travelling by train.

Hmm ... plenty of pubs & clubs in and around Govan for those in Rangers' heartland.

As per Sun, there'll be countless Gers buses from all over that'll not be offloading centrally.

Obvs, there'll be Rangers fans coming by train, but methinks it'll be much like last time. Defo no issues centrally.

By the way; on Sun I had the pleasure of joshing with several groups of friendly locals en-route to Ibrox, and, guess what?

Most, if not all, were just 'normal' football fans off to support their team. There were the usual pockets of jakeys, but very much minding their own business.

I've never had any issues at away matches whether that be domestically, or on Euro trips.

Screenshot_20231031_145207_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231031_145213_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231031_145219_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231031_145423_Gallery.jpg

been here before
56 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks - I’ve tried that again, I’ve tried everything again (apart from trying a different card), I’ve logged completely out and back in, so frustrating ….

PS I have a hypothesis that it’s now too late for tickets to be sent out by first class post despite that still being given as an option so that’s what’s stopping the completion of the transaction (NB I might be wrong on that!). 

If only there was a way of contacting folk at the club who might be able to help.

41 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hmm ... plenty of pubs & clubs in and around Govan for those in Rangers' heartland.

As per Sun, there'll be countless Gers buses from all over that'll not be offloading centrally.

Obvs, there'll be Rangers fans coming by train, but methinks it'll be much like last time. Defo no issues centrally.

By the way; on Sun I had the pleasure of joshing with several groups of friendly locals en-route to Ibrox, and, guess what?

Most, if not all, were just 'normal' football fans off to support their team. There were the usual pockets of jakeys, but very much minding their own business.

I've never had any issues at away matches whether that be domestically, or on Euro trips.

Govan is not a Rangers heartland, and the Louden is only busy on match days. In fact, it's only open on match days. Kinning Park and PRW are where the most Rangers pubs are.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Ivan Drago said:

Still saying 5 on the website

Ah, got it, cheers

It's only on the 1st page when you click / tap 'Show Availability'

Open to
Semi-Final 10+
Semi Final 5-9

-
Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

If only there was a way of contacting folk at the club who might be able to help.

Yes I could do. But I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. TBH whilst I’m trying to buy x2 tickets I’m sure I’ll use them. My objective is to boost the number of tickets sold and deprive the opposition of as many seats as possible. I also assume that Hearts will benefit to 25% of the ticket price (less SPFL costs). If only every ST holder bought two we would sell out!

It appears that PSD2 Security Regulations might be creating the problem.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yes I could do. But I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. TBH whilst I’m trying to buy x2 tickets I’m sure I’ll use them. My objective is to boost the number of tickets sold and deprive the opposition of as many seats as possible. I also assume that Hearts will benefit to 25% of the ticket price (less SPFL costs). If only every ST holder bought two we would sell out!

It appears that PSD2 Security Regulations might be creating the problem.

You're not wasting their time, its their job and they're usually A1 at sorting stuff out.

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Ah, got it, cheers

Open to
Semi-Final 10+
Semi Final 5-9

-

is that the amount of extra time if we have the audacity to be in the lead? 😛 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

is that the amount of extra time if we have the audacity to be in the lead? 😛 

I'm sure they'll do their best to keep it down to 9 again; fair's fair, don't want to make it too obvious

If we beat them with 9 added, I'm sure they'll accept defeat gracefully :smuggy:

Ricardo Quaresma
33 minutes ago, GC81 said:

5 minimum by the looks of things.

Yeah, I saw it, cheers 👍

See response to @Ivan Drago👇

13 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Ah, got it, cheers

Open to
Semi-Final 10+
Semi Final 5-9

1 hour ago, been here before said:

You're not wasting their time, its their job and they're usually A1 at sorting stuff out.

Good advice. But sorted myself eventually!

Decided to try one final time but this time on my iPhone … a bit more tricky to hit the blue seats selected but once done virtually an instant purchase! Details submitted, text code received, entered and two tickets are mine.

There’s no doubt the PSD2 Security Regulations were the problem on my pc route. Not sure why but my pc access whilst following correct procedures did not end up with credit card being accepted!

On other matters can anyone advise how to change ‘delivery preferences’ under Account Details? I can’t find away to do that 

IMG_2875.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Govan is not a Rangers heartland, and the Louden is only busy on match days. In fact, it's only open on match days. Kinning Park and PRW are where the most Rangers pubs are.

I bow to your superior knowledge of Rangers haunts ... but ...

... If Govan ain't a Rangers heartland, is Gorgie not a Hearts heartland either?

I can only go on my own experiences.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

On other matters can anyone advise how to change ‘delivery preferences’ under Account Details? I can’t find away to do that 

IMG_2875.jpeg

I've only ever seen options when purchasing the tickets

48 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

... If Govan ain't a Rangers heartland, is Gorgie not a Hearts heartland either?

He is right. Goven is a strong celtic area. Bridgeton in the east is a strong rangers area. 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

That's not how it works in Glasgow. Bridgeton is majority Rangers, as are Dennistoun and other areas in the east end. 

4 minutes ago, MAC1874 said:

Not really mate, I've proven thats not the case 👍

I wouldn't pay too much attention to him, nobody else does.👍

1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to him, nobody else does.👍

Thank mate 👍 Understandable that people might be concerned, but all good here!

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I like how you’ve tried to be a bit smug here and been totally called out. 

Well I’m now officially up for this. 

Still a bit gutted about Sunday but looking back we showed we can match them and more. 

Got a funny feeling it’s going to be another salt and sauce final and if it is, we’ll absolutely pump those ****ers again. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
42 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Well I’m now officially up for this. 

Still a bit gutted about Sunday but looking back we showed we can match them and more. 

Got a funny feeling it’s going to be another salt and sauce final and if it is, we’ll absolutely pump those ****ers again. 

🤢  Remember that brutal patter in 2012. 

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

I like how you’ve tried to be a bit smug here and been totally called out. 

Me? Smug?

Not at all.

I like it how you see fit to jump in and project your very own version of smugness.

"Called out" ... what on earth? 😆

Edited by Wee Mikey

52 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

🤢  Remember that brutal patter in 2012. 

That was kind of my point but I’d suffer it again if it was the same result 👍 

The new West End

Got multiple tickets yesterday at the TO using only 1 reference number

I was getting extra Livi ticket too so maybe that helped

19 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I always park over the water in the Crown Plaza car park opposite the BBC and STV studios. Never once have I had bother regardless of showing our colours when walking to and from Ibrox, been in the Louden several times and again no issues. 

Edited by dannymack