Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• OTT

• heatonjambo

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Anyone hear about the board looking into a couple of transfer dealings?

The word 'investigation' was used?

They couldn't investigate the contents of a steak bake! They are the source of the problems and absolutely unchallenged as there is no way to make any of them responsible! Self appointed arseholes saved by the grace of our benefactors we may lose if we agitate!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Maybe so, but there is clearly a desire to suck any positivity and replace it with maximum negativity.

Human nature I suppose, folk enjoy moaning more than they do enjoying life

Fact is though, if you appoint a management team lacking credibility or the right qualifications for the job, you’re asking for trouble. Which they’ve got, yet again.

The club seem to be incredibly stupid from time to time - and what aggravates the whole thing is that none of what they’re doing is accidental either. It’s all wilful. 

I’ll say it again, I think our squad is decent enough. Some weaknesses for sure but we’re on an SPL budget. Just appoint an able manager and things will settle down

16 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Kent looks a good signing. Vargas looks promising. The others haven’t hit the ground running though. Our team is worse this season than last IMO, and that doesn’t represent a positive transfer window. No pace up front, no decent left sided central defender, and with Mckay injured we have a serious lack of creativity. And then there’s the midfield!

Kent looks the best of a sad bad bunch....no more! He can't header at goal and yesterdays shot was more laughable. He looks like there is an error in him too, not as calm as a decent player should be! Mind you surrounded by the shitfest even Clark is going backwards. They only pass to get rid of the ball, half the time the man doesn't want the pass as he's already tied to a defender! We're not even 2nd to a 2nd ball!

Pasquale for King
21 hours ago, heatonjambo said:

The role of the technical director at a football club is to set and represent the direction and philosophy of the club.

To oil the wheels of success and present the professional image of the club, assisting in player purchase and success.

I give you two such examples, of the positive. Both former hearts players and both put us out of Europe.

Kristof Karapidis 

multi lingual, looks fitter than most hearts players

Jose conclaves 

multi lingual, looks fitter than most hearts players

joe savage

a fat spud fast numpty who spends his time drinking fans under the table and chasing skirt on away trips

So Anne,

this represents you and our values.

we are a mess and it starts from the top down

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

Spot on, look at those two guys playing careers also, they will know a player when they see one, neither would give Rowles a 5 year extension for example. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, briever said:

Oh look, a happy clappy.

Lamest put down ever, not really just cant be arsed any longer with desperation to be the most outraged numbnut on the internet

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fact is though, if you appoint a management team lacking credibility or the right qualifications for the job, you’re asking for trouble. Which they’ve got, yet again.

The club seem to be incredibly stupid from time to time - and what aggravates the whole thing is that none of what they’re doing is accidental either. It’s all wilful. 

I’ll say it again, I think our squad is decent enough. Some weaknesses for sure but we’re on an SPL budget. Just appoint an able manager and things will settle down

Dont necessarily disagree with you there, looking at everyone else around us, there seems to be an issue attracting anyone into our particular scenario, i.e playing for 3rd on moderate budget that will never crack the glass ceiling.

I'd actually part ways now, before we get in too deep. Or he has to get in his own assistants, not those imposed upon him, as it would appear. An experienced coach, someone who has done something to improve players. Worst thing for me, players never seem to improve.

Like 99.9% on this forum, unfortunately I'm not privy to the ongoings to be properly qualified to comment with any certainty.

To be honest last Sunday was worse, yesterday was always going to be hard against a form team, fresh, whilst we came off a long flight a week in the heat and our 9th game in 29 days. Dundee though, thats a different story altogether, and far more worrying we still havent learned about playing away games.

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Lamest put down ever, not really just cant be arsed any longer with desperation to be the most outraged numbnut on the internet

You're accusing people unhappy with the current setup as "folk enjoy moaning more than they do enjoying life"

Its fans like you who just accept any auld crap thrown at them who are damaging the club more.

12 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

You’re entitled to your opinion as

is every single poster on this forum. You can choose to believe or not to believe anyone’s postings and that is your prerogative. I certainly wouldn’t take some rumour wherever it started and try and pass it off as factual. 

As a footnote, Steven Naismith was interviewed for the St Mirren job and was considering his position with us as he wanted to cut his teeth in the big league and St Mirren was the ideal place to start.  He wasn’t going to be the B team coach after his one season at the academy after being touted for league management and intimated this to Anne. St Mirren were giving him a platform on the big stage and Anne didn’t want him to leave and had indicated this much to the board.  She argued the case in point about SN being given a chance before we lost him therefore SN was given the caretakers role over 7 games to ‘see what he could do.’  Once the final league positions were known SN had said there was no way he was returning to the academy to oversee youth development and remain the B team coach so he called the club out. It was basically give me a chance or I’m off. He was interviewed by James Anderson over several hours for the full time position and this was carried out over a zoom time call with JA being in the USA on other business at the time of the interview. JA also recommended SN for the job as he came across very well in his interview with his visions for the playing team and moving forward. Now Naisy has two big hitters in the boardroom banging the drum for him to be given the job on a full time basis. 

Now there were arguments for appointing Naismith on a full time basis and arguments against appointing him. A big factor was the money required to get a new experienced head coach in and the person we had initially approached wouldn’t work with anyone in the current set up, not even Naismith and he wanted  his whole backroom team brought with him.

You could argue it was a game changer unless we finished 3rd with guaranteed euro money coming in to cover the costs of a new management team as current funds are/were being ploughed into the hotel for reasons previously mentioned. Everything  regarding a full time appointment was on hold until we had seen what other  candidates had applied. As another poster had stated AM, and who I quote, ‘ the list was very underwhelming!’ 

Now we were between a rock and a hard place after we finished 4th.  We couldn’t afford our no1 target and the other candidates who applied were underwhelming. The board were split and took a vote after many deliberations and that majority vote is  what we currently have in place right now. Obviously to get round the coaching license in Europe then SN could only be called Technical Director with FM named head coach/manager. 

Andrew McKinley getting criticism for this current set up is wrong on all levels, especially the personal stuff. iirc it was he and he alone who took the decision and sacked Robbie Neilson after saying the club needed a change of direction on the managerial front. All may I add with Anne’s blessing.  

We know it will take several windows to remove the deadwood from the club and it’s not like JS hasn’t tried to get players out the door already. We just haven’t had any bids or takers to get them out. It’s no secret that Forest, Grant, Halliday and two others who I won’t name (one has resale value the other doesn’t) don’t have a future at the club, but without moving them on then we can’t bring anyone else in to replace them with. 5 players, which is half a team, who were all starters under Neilson won’t feature hopefully after the next window. You can’t blame Naismith for the shite he has inherited and he won’t be sacked either as he needs a chance to have his own way with his own players. It’s no secret he wants to do his own recruiting and build ‘his team’  and not work with a makeshift Neilson team which can’t be changed after one window. Sacking a new manager after 4 games, when we’re still paying a salary to jig and Neilson, will not be happening this season never mind before Xmas. 

Now I’ll let you decide wether you think this is a rumour that was started in a boozer! 

Thanks for this meaty response.

it does provide some context.

i have thought (as have others) for some time that there has been a split in the board.

i thought Budge was now going to be responsible for the long-term financial viability of the club, and developing our excellent community ethos.

what is being done is excellent. And complaints regarding the hotel etc are short-term as long-term it’s a no brainer to provide ongoing revenue.

I thought when AM came in as CEO that he and JS were now going to be responsible for the football side and would die by the sword by their decision, and I honestly thought they wanted Naismith.

now it would appear, and your description makes sense, it’s budge still interfering on the football side and this is why we have successive managers not playing new players we bring to the club, and AM’s statement after Neilson’s sacking saying we didn’t play specific players.

if we still have this schism in the board we are really heading into a bad place.

i still have hope  Naismith will come good, but with all this Infighting it ain’t happening!

21 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

i have thought (as have others) for some time that there has been a split in the board.

i thought Budge was now going to be responsible for the long-term financial viability of the club, and developing our excellent community ethos.

what is being done is excellent. And complaints regarding the hotel etc are short-term as long-term it’s a no brainer to provide ongoing revenue.

I thought when AM came in as CEO that he and JS were now going to be responsible for the football side and would die by the sword by their decision, and I honestly thought they wanted Naismith.

now it would appear, and your description makes sense, it’s budge still interfering on the football side and this is why we have successive managers not playing new players we bring to the club, and AM’s statement after Neilson’s sacking saying we didn’t play specific players.

if we still have this schism in the board we are really heading into a bad place.

i still have hope  Naismith will come good, but with all this Infighting it ain’t happening!

The scenario you quote seems the most likely to me too. 

Though I dont agree Naisy will improve enough in the time we need nor do I think it's schism. 

It's just different priorities.  

I mean, I think Budge is mistaken here. Worried about over extending budgets for an expenaive manager and his team(and a sentimental hearts connection). Wheras AMc/JS are concerned about a crisis in coaching and management and the best way to solve it. 

I think greater transparency would help here, a better voice from the foundation could be useful. 

Maybe even better financial advice on the benefits of solving our coaching crisis that affects our performance. That harms our ability to be dominate 3rd and perhaps challenge for more. It would begin to improve our position considerably. 

I think one of the reasons we don't get that transparency is precisely because it can be dramatised and used by the morons (not you) to cause destructive mischief that harms us. 

Edited by NannyMaroon

12 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

is every single poster on this forum. You can choose to believe or not to believe anyone’s postings and that is your prerogative. I certainly wouldn’t take some rumour wherever it started and try and pass it off as factual. 

As a footnote, Steven Naismith was interviewed for the St Mirren job and was considering his position with us as he wanted to cut his teeth in the big league and St Mirren was the ideal place to start.  He wasn’t going to be the B team coach after his one season at the academy after being touted for league management and intimated this to Anne. St Mirren were giving him a platform on the big stage and Anne didn’t want him to leave and had indicated this much to the board.  She argued the case in point about SN being given a chance before we lost him therefore SN was given the caretakers role over 7 games to ‘see what he could do.’  Once the final league positions were known SN had said there was no way he was returning to the academy to oversee youth development and remain the B team coach so he called the club out. It was basically give me a chance or I’m off. He was interviewed by James Anderson over several hours for the full time position and this was carried out over a zoom time call with JA being in the USA on other business at the time of the interview. JA also recommended SN for the job as he came across very well in his interview with his visions for the playing team and moving forward. Now Naisy has two big hitters in the boardroom banging the drum for him to be given the job on a full time basis. 

Now there were arguments for appointing Naismith on a full time basis and arguments against appointing him. A big factor was the money required to get a new experienced head coach in and the person we had initially approached wouldn’t work with anyone in the current set up, not even Naismith and he wanted  his whole backroom team brought with him.

You could argue it was a game changer unless we finished 3rd with guaranteed euro money coming in to cover the costs of a new management team as current funds are/were being ploughed into the hotel for reasons previously mentioned. Everything  regarding a full time appointment was on hold until we had seen what other  candidates had applied. As another poster had stated AM, and who I quote, ‘ the list was very underwhelming!’ 

Now we were between a rock and a hard place after we finished 4th.  We couldn’t afford our no1 target and the other candidates who applied were underwhelming. The board were split and took a vote after many deliberations and that majority vote is  what we currently have in place right now. Obviously to get round the coaching license in Europe then SN could only be called Technical Director with FM named head coach/manager. 

Andrew McKinley getting criticism for this current set up is wrong on all levels, especially the personal stuff. iirc it was he and he alone who took the decision and sacked Robbie Neilson after saying the club needed a change of direction on the managerial front. All may I add with Anne’s blessing.  

We know it will take several windows to remove the deadwood from the club and it’s not like JS hasn’t tried to get players out the door already. We just haven’t had any bids or takers to get them out. It’s no secret that Forest, Grant, Halliday and two others who I won’t name (one has resale value the other doesn’t) don’t have a future at the club, but without moving them on then we can’t bring anyone else in to replace them with. 5 players, which is half a team, who were all starters under Neilson won’t feature hopefully after the next window. You can’t blame Naismith for the shite he has inherited and he won’t be sacked either as he needs a chance to have his own way with his own players. It’s no secret he wants to do his own recruiting and build ‘his team’  and not work with a makeshift Neilson team which can’t be changed after one window. Sacking a new manager after 4 games, when we’re still paying a salary to jig and Neilson, will not be happening this season never mind before Xmas. 

Now I’ll let you decide wether you think this is a rumour that was started in a boozer! 

We have a squad of good players . Our shit performances are not down to a lack of quality in the playing squad

On another note what reason can you give anyone to believe your post ? It could be true and I am not for one minute saying it is not , but what reason do I have to believe it ? Surely if you can give that much detail of what happened you will also be able to give some hint as to how you know this to be true 

9 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

This will be my last reply on the subject as there’s too many people reading too much into this and drawing their own conclusions. Not just from my previous posts but wild accusations that have no substance and wouldn’t hold water of any kind.

Steven Naismith is an up and coming coach with a great  vision of how he wants to play football. This much is true. People having a go at Anne, Andrew and Joe and personally attacking them without certain aspects or facts, call them what you want is without foundation. Calling for a change of management after 4 league games is utterly preposterous and makes us all look very ‘Hibs.’ 

Andrew McKinley as CEO answers to the board and the board only. Everyone else below board level answers to Andrew. Andrew recommended appointments to the board but as it was a board decision then Steven got the job on his own merit. He was recommended to the board by Anne and it was James Anderson conducting his interview. Many factors swung it for Naismith and the biggest was the way he conducted himself in the interview process. Other factors were at play but they weren’t the sole reason. Now you can call this interference by Anne but it was merely a recommendation and the vote was a democratic one which everyone abided by once taken. 

Gordon Forrest by all accounts is a very good and knowledgeable assistant and as he was on the payroll it’s was decided to keep him on. Jig was a yes man for Robbie and a lackey at best. He thought he was untouchable as him and Robbie’s are pals off the park and golfing buddies to boot. Frank McAvoy was at the academy and had the necessary license required for Europe and was promoted because another assistant was required. These are  the facts. JKB masses putting their own spin on things as per usual.

If Naisy had left, or we let him walk out the door and he became a success at St Mirren then can you imagine the seethe that we let a brilliant up and coming manager walk for free? Especially when we are crying out for someone like him. Experienced coaches and backroom teams don’t come cheap and we’d have had to pay off GF and FM regardless. So logistically and financially it made perfect sense and stil does. There’s no secret from within who Naisy wants and doesn’t want and it’s evident who’s in and who’ll be out whiteout stating the obvious. People can draw their own conclusions or assumptions as they is usually do anyway. 

Anne doesn’t interfere with any playing side and the buck stops with Andrew and ultimately Joe as AM’s sporting director. She does have a vote and certain influence within the board but no more than that. Financially we have to eventually turn a profit without benefactors donations and that’s where the club are headed, hence the hotel and other commercial enterprises. James Anderson is entrepreneurial and he’s asking the club to be entrepreneurial so we can eventually stand on our own two feet. I’m sure once he sees we can do this then his job is complete. Of course we need a successful team on the park for a lot of this to work so decisions are not taken lightly at board level. 

I believe this squad when fully fit is capable of third place. January window should see us strengthen with comings and goings. We need to keep touch with the leading pack just now and build our focus now that European distractions won’t diminish our endeavours. It’s not rocket science really. Give our team and manager a chance to get it right without calling for his head after every point dropped. Likewise with the board and what they’re trying to achieve in the long term.

Every single one of us are disappointed including manager, boardroom, CEO and sporting director but give them time and it’ll come good and this is not a ‘jam tomorrow’ statement.  Far too many on here with short memories of 10 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

This will be my last reply on the subject as there’s too many people reading too much into this and drawing their own conclusions. Not just from my previous posts but wild accusations that have no substance and wouldn’t hold water of any kind.

Steven Naismith is an up and coming coach with a great  vision of how he wants to play football. This much is true. People having a go at Anne, Andrew and Joe and personally attacking them without certain aspects or facts, call them what you want is without foundation. Calling for a change of management after 4 league games is utterly preposterous and makes us all look very ‘Hibs.’ 

Andrew McKinley as CEO answers to the board and the board only. Everyone else below board level answers to Andrew. Andrew recommended appointments to the board but as it was a board decision then Steven got the job on his own merit. He was recommended to the board by Anne and it was James Anderson conducting his interview. Many factors swung it for Naismith and the biggest was the way he conducted himself in the interview process. Other factors were at play but they weren’t the sole reason. Now you can call this interference by Anne but it was merely a recommendation and the vote was a democratic one which everyone abided by once taken. 

Gordon Forrest by all accounts is a very good and knowledgeable assistant and as he was on the payroll it’s was decided to keep him on. Jig was a yes man for Robbie and a lackey at best. He thought he was untouchable as him and Robbie’s are pals off the park and golfing buddies to boot. Frank McAvoy was at the academy and had the necessary license required for Europe and was promoted because another assistant was required. These are  the facts. JKB masses putting their own spin on things as per usual.

If Naisy had left, or we let him walk out the door and he became a success at St Mirren then can you imagine the seethe that we let a brilliant up and coming manager walk for free? Especially when we are crying out for someone like him. Experienced coaches and backroom teams don’t come cheap and we’d have had to pay off GF and FM regardless. So logistically and financially it made perfect sense and stil does. There’s no secret from within who Naisy wants and doesn’t want and it’s evident who’s in and who’ll be out whiteout stating the obvious. People can draw their own conclusions or assumptions as they is usually do anyway. 

Anne doesn’t interfere with any playing side and the buck stops with Andrew and ultimately Joe as AM’s sporting director. She does have a vote and certain influence within the board but no more than that. Financially we have to eventually turn a profit without benefactors donations and that’s where the club are headed, hence the hotel and other commercial enterprises. James Anderson is entrepreneurial and he’s asking the club to be entrepreneurial so we can eventually stand on our own two feet. I’m sure once he sees we can do this then his job is complete. Of course we need a successful team on the park for a lot of this to work so decisions are not taken lightly at board level. 

I believe this squad when fully fit is capable of third place. January window should see us strengthen with comings and goings. We need to keep touch with the leading pack just now and build our focus now that European distractions won’t diminish our endeavours. It’s not rocket science really. Give our team and manager a chance to get it right without calling for his head after every point dropped. Likewise with the board and what they’re trying to achieve in the long term.

Every single one of us are disappointed including manager, boardroom, CEO and sporting director but give them time and it’ll come good and this is not a ‘jam tomorrow’ statement.  Far too many on here with short memories of 10 years ago. 

Thanks for this

it is much appreciated 

i agree with you on Naismith, I wanted him and believe it will come good.

not sure of JS though.

finally thanks again and good luck on your nightshift

HHGH

9 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Thanks for posting.

13 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Really interesting post. 

17 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

What really makes us look "very Hibs" is the utter shambles of the first team, together with kiddy on managers.

There's a few posts saying we have a good squad but do we really?

Shankland and Boyce certainly but how many of the others would walk into other Premiership teams?

Toxteth O'Grady
58 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Who decided to give Neilson and Jig a new 3 year contract? Whoever it was should fall on their sword for leaving the club with no option other than to take the cheap option for a new manager.

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Who decided to give Neilson and Jig a new 3 year contract? Whoever it was should fall on their sword for leaving the club with no option other than to take the cheap option for a new manager.

Budge

🤷🏻‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

What really makes us look "very Hibs" is the utter shambles of the first team, together with kiddy on managers.

There's a few posts saying we have a good squad but do we really?

Shankland and Boyce certainly but how many of the others would walk into other Premiership teams?

Lets be honest we have a decent squad for the SPL - they are playing like donkeys because we have no structure, no plan, resort to the same auld negative crap and some players who are seriously lacking in confidence.  

7 minutes ago, briever said:

Lets be honest we have a decent squad for the SPL - they are playing like donkeys because we have no structure, no plan, resort to the same auld negative crap and some players who are seriously lacking in confidence.  

We should have and do on paper but there's very little evidence of it.

We keep saying the fault lies with the manager and coaching staff.

What if it doesn't?

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

We should have and do on paper but there's very little evidence of it.

We keep saying the fault lies with the manager and coaching staff.

What if it doesn't?

Players have part responsibility yes - but we are 5 months into Naismith's era and there is no recognisable style and we are stuck with these players until Jan.  He better spin a trick out of them soon.

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

If your posts are not from an informed position then I applaud your imagination.

A thoroughly believable, logical and well constructured read. Perhaps a shade concerning if any actual in fighting, that part is not apparent in your posts but it 'feels' that way.

Cheers either way 😂

21 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Kent looks a good signing. Vargas looks promising. The others haven’t hit the ground running though. Our team is worse this season than last IMO, and that doesn’t represent a positive transfer window. No pace up front, no decent left sided central defender, and with Mckay injured we have a serious lack of creativity. And then there’s the midfield!

Therein is the rub in signing players from abroad. They may be amazing, but they have to move to another country, a very different league in which it is likely less football is played (or at least its more physical with less time to make decisions) and all players need some time to settle.

It's not a surprise that a solid defender from a championship/league one team settled the easiest. 

We should be augmenting these players from further afield with good SPL-hardened players to ensure the team does not look adrift at sea - like we do this season. IMO we should be going a step forward and buying players that suit and fit into our preferred style of play. The square pegs in round holes approach so far this season (Cochrane, Sibbick in midfield or no-one in midfield) attests to us not doing this well enough.

Thus the manager, inexperienced but keen and a very decent player in his day, has struggled to make a mark on the new squad whereas he managed to get the seasoned, more settled squad from last season to do things his way. That now looks like a fluke and I think he has a real job on his hands to work this.

I doubt these are the only reasons for our all-at-sea performances - I think injuries, conditioning, and training all play a part as does our inability to fit these players into a settled formation. But it's surely part of it. 

A very experienced coach could maybe fit these pieces into a good team. A novice coach - probably gonna struggle for a while yet. 

You have constructed a very plausible scenario and I have no counter theory to table. However it doesn’t begin to explain how the very largely same group of players can produce such widely differing performances from the post split fixtures to those in recent weeks. Or how we ended up with such a poor recruitment this summer which has left us with very visible holes in the structure of our squad. We have no cover at right back for a player (Atkinson) who can’t defend. Offiah is not a right back and doesn’t look like an upgrade on Neilson at right centre half. We have no cover at striker (Tagawa is not a goal scorer). We have no attacking central midfielder who can contribute forward passes, assists and goals. These are the blatant holes in our squad. There are other issues eg Rowles.

22 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Indeed - what is background in football?

He shouldn’t be that directly involved in recruiting the manager. Worrying if true.

Edited by Ivan Drago

Entertaining rumours if nothing else!  Thanks.

I can't believe that the risk (??) of losing Naismith to another team was a factor in the decision.  People were using that line of argument on here, but it is not a rational way of making a decision.  Find it difficult to accept that Anderson had an active role in the recruitment process.  It's not beyond belief, it was said that he used to meet with Levein.  But it seems highly unlikely. 

The suggestion that it came down to finances makes me wonder if Anderson and Budge have made similar decisions in their business careers.  Yes, the experienced, qualified candidate would be good ... but we can make good savings by appointing someone with absolutely no experience and lacking the basic qualifications to even be appointed for the advertised job. 😂 

2 hours ago, briever said:

Its fans like you who just accept any auld crap thrown at them who are damaging the club more.

Its really not and it's only the dreary drama queens who can't see it. 

We are 4 league games in, dry your eyes and man the **** up please. 

Toxteth O'Grady
6 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

He shouldn’t be that directly involved in recruiting the manager. Worrying if true.

Exactly - he’s got money but as far as I know isn’t even a long term football fan.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, the posh bit said:

Its really not and it's only the dreary drama queens who can't see it. 

We are 4 league games in, dry your eyes and man the **** up please. 

So how many games does he get?

Until we're bottom of the league?

9 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Entertaining rumours if nothing else!  Thanks.

I can't believe that the risk (??) of losing Naismith to another team was a factor in the decision.  People were using that line of argument on here, but it is not a rational way of making a decision.  Find it difficult to accept that Anderson had an active role in the recruitment process.  It's not beyond belief, it was said that he used to meet with Levein.  But it seems highly unlikely. 

The suggestion that it came down to finances makes me wonder if Anderson and Budge have made similar decisions in their business careers.  Yes, the experienced, qualified candidate would be good ... but we can make good savings by appointing someone with absolutely no experience and lacking the basic qualifications to even be appointed for the advertised job. 😂 

Yip.  That is my take too.

I think its more likely the applicants were uninspiring so we settled for going in house.

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yip.  That is my take too.

I think its more likely the applicants were uninspiring so we settled for going in house.

Why are we relying on applications?

It's the feckin manager of Heart of Midlothian Job not a check out boy at Tesco 🤣

Thunder and Lightning
14 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I know how to tell if you are telling the truth here. 

Can you please confirm the following. Are your pants currently on fire? 😂 

(cos I'll tell you what, I believe you.)

19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So how many games does he get?

Until we're bottom of the league?

League games? More than 4. 

16 minutes ago, sac said:

@SMJ_1874 my only question re your excellent post would be With regard to James Anderson interviewing Naismith, there would be others on the interview panel surely?

You'd think.

31 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Why are we relying on applications?

It's the feckin manager of Heart of Midlothian Job not a check out boy at Tesco 🤣

You think anyone outside Scotland actually rates us? There are about 150 more attractive management jobs in England and Europe.

Look at Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee United recent appointments for example.

Edited by frankblack

GorgieFifeLife

St Mirren have had a real lucky break.  They could have ended up with Naisy rather than Robinson🤦🏻.  Wish we could do a swap deal with them.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Interesting point from this thread.

Naismith will have known we had another guy lined up if we finished 3rd - no wonder he kept saying finishing 3rd wasn’t that important.

If we did he risked the other guy getting it.

Would like to know the opinion from SMJ if the alternative we could have won was a decent manager.

The Mighty Thor

SMJs posts have been interesting.

I have a point if contention where he mentions Joe Savage weeding out the dead wood.

That'll be the same dead wood one Joe Savage has added to the club. 

Perhaps we start by logging the biggest bit of dead wood at the club and let Joe Savage unearth shite English third division players for some other unlucky sods?

3 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Couple of questions ….

1.Who are you? 
2. How do you know all of this? 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Couple of questions ….

1.Who are you? 
2. How do you know all of this? 

Which are very fair questions.

Reads as informed, never can tell though. Always makes things more plausible if grammatically decent in fairness 🤦‍♂️😂

8 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

Which are very fair questions.

Reads as informed, never can tell though. Always makes things more plausible if grammatically decent in fairness 🤦‍♂️😂

Oh thanks very much :( 

Thanks for this post. It’s comprehensive, considered and coherent. However, at the moment your assertion that things will come good is just that - an assertion. Stevie Naismith might have a great vision and be a dab hand at giving a presentation, but these are different skills from organising a football team and exercising sophisticated man management. The next few weeks will tell us if he can walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

This isn’t meant to come across as negative, simply realistic. Piss poor performances against Kilmarnock, Dundee and Motherwell are black marks against Stevie’s name at the moment. He needs to get some positives on the balance sheet soon otherwise, despite his potential, he’ll be out on his arse. If he knows anything at all about football he’ll be aware that it’s a result business - nothing more, nothing less.

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Therein is the rub in signing players from abroad. They may be amazing, but they have to move to another country, a very different league in which it is likely less football is played (or at least its more physical with less time to make decisions) and all players need some time to settle.

It's not a surprise that a solid defender from a championship/league one team settled the easiest. 

We should be augmenting these players from further afield with good SPL-hardened players to ensure the team does not look adrift at sea - like we do this season. IMO we should be going a step forward and buying players that suit and fit into our preferred style of play. The square pegs in round holes approach so far this season (Cochrane, Sibbick in midfield or no-one in midfield) attests to us not doing this well enough.

Thus the manager, inexperienced but keen and a very decent player in his day, has struggled to make a mark on the new squad whereas he managed to get the seasoned, more settled squad from last season to do things his way. That now looks like a fluke and I think he has a real job on his hands to work this.

I doubt these are the only reasons for our all-at-sea performances - I think injuries, conditioning, and training all play a part as does our inability to fit these players into a settled formation. But it's surely part of it. 

A very experienced coach could maybe fit these pieces into a good team. A novice coach - probably gonna struggle for a while yet. 

Agree. It’s not as if we are skint or paying crap wages, so why don’t we sign some of the best players from our own league, or have been successful here(obviously not including Rangers/Celtic)? Players that have proven they can perform at this level. No surprise that our best players are Gordon, Halkett, Shankland, Boyce and Mckay, all of whom have shown they can perform in our league. And before anyone asks, I don’t have any suggestions. I don’t pay particular attention to other teams, but surely our Sporting Director should be. Hard to believe that by doing so the best he could come up with in over a year is Forrest.

Jambof3tornado

My only worry from that post is you mention strengthening in the January window!!!

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh thanks very much :( 

😂

I meant SMJ was believable and well written, no confirming or denying the quality of your own prose 😂

Joking aside, quoted you based on two succinct and solid questions. 👍

Interesting theories advanced on this thread but none of them really explain or excuse why we are so god awful this season so far. We have enough good players to be doing much, much better. 

gorgieshuffle

So Budge who has supposedly taken a step back from the football side of decision making, appointing McKinley and who also has a Sporting Director  pushed for SN to get the job and went against the opinions of the clubs CEO and Sporting Director? And she seemingly doesn’t interfere with the playing side. The buck stops with Savage and McKinley?

Ok then. Makes sense!