Sporting Director ( merged )

heatonjambo

The role of the technical director at a football club is to set and represent the direction and philosophy of the club.

To oil the wheels of success and present the professional image of the club, assisting in player purchase and success.

I give you two such examples, of the positive. Both former hearts players and both put us out of Europe.

Kristof Karapidis 

multi lingual, looks fitter than most hearts players

Jose conclaves 

joe savage

a fat spud fast numpty who spends his time drinking fans under the table and chasing skirt on away trips

So Anne,

this represents you and our values.

we are a mess and it starts from the top down

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• OTT

• heatonjambo

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't think getting personal helps however what he's delivering is poor. We seem to spend weeks chasing players who in hindsight struggle to adapt and are no better than the run of the mill scottish premiership or championship players.

Blair Spittal today for example was better than our midfielders, the lad Casey threw himself into everything today. However weve got Rowles who is as weak a shit and midfielders who don't know what a forward pass is.

The role of the technical director at a football club is to set and represent the direction and philosophy of the club.

To oil the wheels of success and present the professional image of the club, assisting in player purchase and success.

I give you two such examples, of the positive. Both former hearts players and both put us out of Europe.

Kristof Karapidis 

Jose conclaves 

joe savage

a fat spud fast numpty who spends his time drinking fans under the table and chasing skirt on away trips

So Anne,

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

Just now, heatonjambo said:

The role of the technical director at a football club is to set and represent the direction and philosophy of the club.

Kristof Karapidis 

Jose conclaves 

joe savage

So Anne,

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

That’s actually equally embarrassing and amateurish beyond belief.

Jorg Grant a prime example. As much as I like Peter Haring he is now so so slow and offers absolutely nothing going forward. We paid quite a lot of cash for Grant and I thought there was something about him but now he's completely out the picture to the point we will play just about anybody in midfield over him.

He's done in my eyes. 

Our football team has been a ****ing disaster for 2 years and he's spunked time and money up the wall signing dross and chasing players in the Asian markets whilst there are proven options on our ****ing door step. 

I'm sick of it. It makes me sad, and so frustrated.  We really are ran by rank amateurs. 

Just now, feedthefox said:

Jorg Grant a prime example. As much as I like Peter Haring he is now so so slow and offers absolutely nothing going forward. We paid quite a lot of cash for Grant and I thought there was something about him but now he's completely out the picture to the point we will play just about anybody in midfield over him.

I don't know why we signed him. It reeked of McEneff 2.0 in signing a player that wasn't even remotely suited to the style of play we wanted. 

Baffling waste of our limited resources. 

Never really thought of it that way. I'm a big believer in lead from the front. Raises a good point, why would players look up to someone who doesn't look after themselves and embody what they're supposed to believe?

Dennis Reynolds

I bumped into him after the game. He was furious and couldn't understand why the team was being set up the way it was. Clearly disconnect from him and the management team. He was pretty open in Greece about how playing Cochrane in midfield was also baffling to him. **** knows what he actually does nowadays tbh.

It doesn’t matter how fit he is as long as he can do the job, unfortunately it looks like he can’t. The policy of bringing in players from Australia and Japan hasn’t worked out too well so far but surely Savage doesn’t have the final say on who comes in? That had to be RN before he was sacked and Naismith since then. If it’s not then we are a bigger shambles than I thought we were.

4 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Perhaps it's just that there's a coaching. / management team that doesn't know how best to play them.

Well I would like to hear that from him.He can't be happy surely that the likes of Tagawa are only used when we are chasing a ****ing game and the team already look clueless

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So I would like to ask him why we keep signing players that can't get a game for us.I would honestly like to hear his answer to that.

We signed them because they are the players Naismith said we wanted. Go back to the interviews from the summer and listen to Naismith outline his key role in transfers. The recruitment team identify possible signings. Naismith identifies the ones he wants. Savage then makes those signings happen.

• davemclaren changed the title to Sporting Director ( merged )
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I wanted a sports direct mug and all I got was a mug as a sporting director.

😂

I'm not going to slate the guy for letting his hair(?) down. But I am going to slate him for how poor our signings have been over the last 2 years. Almost all of them haven't improved us, and almost all of them don't look suited to Scottish football. 

I don't feel like we're going places with him, I think we're still seeing the same lack of consistency as under Levein. Last season was a regression, and the decision to go with a continuation of that is piss poor. 

He's been given a lot of resources and is failing to deliver. I'm starting to wonder if we're cheaping out on key staff in terms of him, recruitment and management. Naismith undoubtedly was the cheaper option - even didn't need to sack wee Gordy, and McAvoy shunted over from the academy (who we then replaced with Webster who has no experience in the role). 

I feel like we're being short changed pretty badly. 

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Another one who had chances galore, meh.

12 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Perhaps it's just that there's a coaching. / management team that doesn't know how best to play them.

Sorry not buying that

The club constantly hires people who are not up to the task

soft centre starting from the top

Some people were having a right go at him at the full time whistle up the back of section R. Any one able to tell us what was being said? Very heated discussions by the looks of it 

7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

We signed them because they are the players Naismith said we wanted. Go back to the interviews from the summer and listen to Naismith outline his key role in transfers. The recruitment team identify possible signings. Naismith identifies the ones he wants. Savage then makes those signings happen.

Naismith will have been offered a list of options provided by Savage and his crew

Your not telling me Naismith asked for Tagawa, Neuenhoff Vargas and Offiah

To be out on the piss during the time we are playing piss, around the time the transfer window was closing was a dreadful look, and wholly unprofessional.   

Edited by Paolo

Ricardo Quaresma
15 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

What we saw today was payers playing not good enough, basic stuff

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not going to slate the guy for letting his hair(?) down. But I am going to slate him for how poor our signings have been over the last 2 years. Almost all of them haven't improved us, and almost all of them don't look suited to Scottish football. 

I don't feel like we're going places with him, I think we're still seeing the same lack of consistency as under Levein. Last season was a regression, and the decision to go with a continuation of that is piss poor. 

He's been given a lot of resources and is failing to deliver. I'm starting to wonder if we're cheaping out on key staff in terms of him, recruitment and management. Naismith undoubtedly was the cheaper option - even didn't need to sack wee Gordy, and McAvoy shunted over from the academy (who we then replaced with Webster who has no experience in the role). 

I feel like we're being short changed pretty badly. 

It’s not a question of letting your hair down.

in the position he is in you can’t act like that.

there is something admirable about meeting the fans and buying them a drink on a euro trip.

but senior management have to appropriately sacrifice for the greater good.

we ban 12 year olds from running on the pitch on the last game of the season d because it doesn’t represent our supposed standards.

does his behaviour 

you can’t bring quality to a club IV you don’t act like quality 

Recruitment just hasn’t been good enough (whoever has been responsible) 

its like the recruitment team have forgotten that we play in Scotland. Now I’m not saying that we go back to the “big physical hearts” days but the bread and butter of a centre back is to win their headers, be strong and defend the box. Now Rowles doesn’t fit this profile however to be fair to Kent, he has started well 

Again, in Scotland we need physicality to combine with the technical ability however apart from Varags, I just don’t see it. Oda and Tagawa are so weak and must be a defenders dream to play against. Devlin sometimes shines despite how poor he is on the ball; why? Because he is suited to Scottish football. Apart from James Forrest, why haven’t we tried to sign the best of the rest from SPFL teams. Baccus, Strain, O’Hara spring to mind straight away 

I honestly don’t think we are as good as we think we are. Naismith wants us to play attacking, fast, quick football but the reality is that the players don’t appear good enough to implement what he wants

Long season ahead I fear 

Just now, jbee647 said:

Naismith will have been offered a list of options provided by Savage and his crew

Correct

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Another one who had chances galore, meh.

Well I'm not sure he's really had that much of a chance certainly he's overdue another opportunity. Look how well Atkinson has turned it around so why would we not want to give Grant a chance to do likewise. Before KO they were showing replays of some goals and I couldn't help but notice one goal that Humphreys scored v Hibs was courtesy of a slide rule pass through the middle from Grant, when did we last see a pass of that nature?

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Some people were having a right go at him at the full time whistle up the back of section R. Any one able to tell us what was being said? Very heated discussions by the looks of it 

Was it a guy from row 35, in front of the TV Studio? 🤔

Just now, jbee647 said:

Various players are identified by the recruitment team, not Savage. Naismith then identifies the ones he wants or tells them to keep looking. Once identified as signings that Naismith wants, Savage is then responsible for making the signings happen. So yes, I'm telling you our signings are people that Naismith asked for. How do I know? Because Naismith literally told us so.

No idea why people refuse to blame Naismith for things that are his responsibility.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Various players are identified by the recruitment team, not Savage. Naismith then identifies the ones he wants or tells them to keep looking. Once identified as signings that Naismith wants, Savage is then responsible for making the signings happen. So yes, I'm telling you our signings are people that Naismith asked for. How do I know? Because Naismith literally told us so.

No idea why people refuse to blame Naismith for things that are his responsibility.

No sorry we will agree to disagree 

Savage will provide a list of options, Naismith isn’t sitting on his laptop watching Costa Rican football 

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

I’m literally telly you I have a 9 inch pen!s and have slept with 6 super models

my wife will say the same

must be true then

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Spot on. If the list is full of shite then the manager can only pick the best player from that list of shite  Some folk really don't get this very obvious issue in trying to absolve Savage of any blame. 

Kio is a prime example. Our top target apparently. Hopeless. 

Grant, What did Savage call him, "a pure footballer"? The guy cannot get a game ahead of a CB and a LB in midfield in the SPL. 

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Edited by Paolo

Yeah his time is up for me.

I’ve held back on focussing on him, a lot of the 2021 signings were great and we romped to third.

But every window since has been tragic. He needs emptying along with Naismith and his man McAvoy

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

No sorry we will agree to disagree 

Savage will provide a list of options, Naismith isn’t sitting on his laptop watching Costa Rican football 

So what do you think the role of the recruitment team is? Of course Naismith isn't the one that initially identifies players. But neither is Savage.

Just now, Paolo said:

Did he tell you before or after his role changed?  

Naismith? He explained it in the interviews this season after he was appointed Technical Director. We didn't sign any players before that.

12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

In reality none of us know what the process is or how it actually works 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

In reality none of us know what the process is or how it actually works 

This is true. The squad list could be placed in front of a cat and the first 11 players it steps on our in the starting line up. Naismith and McAvoy could be given a script of what to shout from the touchline written by ChatGTP. The players could be selected by getting a mystic to read their auras. All the while Naismith could be locked in a bondage dungeon by Budge all week where he has no influence over anything.

But in the absence of certain knowledge as to whether the above is true, the most reliable thing to base our knowledge on is how the club have repeatedly told us the process works.

Edited by Saint Jambo

14 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Yeah his time is up for me.

I’ve held back on focussing on him, a lot of the 2021 signings were great and we romped to third.

But every window since has been tragic. He needs emptying along with Naismith and his man McAvoy

This.....he has been an utter failure.

15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Will Lancefield is the problem.

Truth in this also

will he adopt his eastern philosophy and fall on his lance 

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

This is true. The squad list could be placed in front of a cat and the first 11 players it steps on our in the starting line up. Naismith and McAvoy could be given a script of what to shout from the touchline written by ChatGTP. The players could be selected by getting a mystic to read their auras. All the while Naismith could be locked in a bondage dungeon by Budge all week where he has no influence over anything.

But in the absence of certain knowledge as to whether the above is true, the most reliable thing to base our knowledge on is how the club have repeatedly told us the process works.

Well it didn’t work the way they said it did when Neilson was in charge  so who knows?