Sporting Director ( merged )

heatonjambo

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

This is true. The squad list could be placed in Friday of a cat and the first 11 players it steps on our in the starting line up. Naismith and McAvoy could be given a script of what to shout from the touchline written by ChatGTP. The players could be selected by getting a mystic to read their auras. All the while Naismith could be locked in a bondage dungeon by Budge all week where he has no influence over anything.

But in the absence of certain knowledge as to whether the above is true, the most reliable thing to base our knowledge on is how the club have repeatedly told us the process works.

The club repeatedly told us there was no issue with neilson and the club.

we now know this was guff.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• OTT

• heatonjambo

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've definitely got a team assembled by a taxi driver and coached by utter dross.

Look at McAvoy and Forrest's playing resume 🤦‍♂️ It's not the be all and end all but it's so bad. Explains the P.E stopwatch.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

We've definitely got a team assembled by a taxi driver and coached by utter dross.

Look at McAvoy and Forrest's playing resume 🤦‍♂️ It's not the be all and end all but it's so bad. Explains the P.E stopwatch.

McAvoy was a Postman?🤣🤣🤣

46 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So I would like to ask him why we keep signing players that can't get a game for us.I would honestly like to hear his answer to that.

Teams like Motherwell and Ross County trawl the lower reaches in England and Ireland every Summer and somehow manage to put competent teams on the park.

We go worldwide to get bang average players who then need months to ‘adjust’ to the Scottish football culture!

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Just had to Google that...Jesus 🤦‍♂️

Rick,this is a shitsow of epic proportions,guys on 4 and 5 year deals.A management team well out their depth,it got relegation all over it.

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

McAvoy was a Postman?🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Just had to Google that...Jesus 🤦‍♂️

****ing hell. 

:vrface:

On the other hand, I might have a shot as Hearts manager yet. 

:fonzie:

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Rick,this is a shitsow of epic proportions,guys on 4 and 5 year deals.A management team well out their depth,it got relegation all over it.

This is top rated pant wetting of the highest order.

9 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

The club repeatedly told us there was no issue with neilson and the club.

we now know this was guff.

Some repeatedly posted that there was  

6 minutes ago, Korky said:

Teams like Motherwell and Ross County trawl the lower reaches in England and Ireland every Summer and somehow manage to put competent teams on the park.

We go worldwide to get bang average players who then need months to ‘adjust’ to the Scottish football culture!

said same on another thread.

Edited by feej

7 minutes ago, Korky said:

All in the hopes of selling them for a profit...much have we made so far?

The fact Savage didn't even have a say in the current first team management setup tells you all you need to know about Budge etc. They employed him because she didn't know how to operate a football department.  At her own admission too. 

So WHY is she still making the football departments decisions. 

JS wanted and advised to consider a minimum of 5 candidates for Neilson's replacement.  But she cracked on with Naisy/McAvoy/Forrest anyway.

Hes not as big a problem as some make out. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

All in the hopes of selling them for a profit...much have we made so far?

Blair Spittal is better than any midfielder we started today .

How depressing is that.

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

This is top rated pant wetting of the highest order.

I'd be pretty worried if the Hearts managers apprenticeship for professional football was putting letters through peoples letterboxes...

Aw wait.....

:nojustno:

The spotlight has got to fall on him and Lancefield .

The recent signing have been absolutely chronic.

Oda, Tagawa,  Vargas and Lowry all look dreadful. 

Giving Rowles a 5 year deal is another joke of a decision. 

Yeah the coaching looks bad but the recruitment looks worse.

None of these mentioned above look suited to the Scottish game.

46 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Was it a guy from row 35, in front of the TV Studio? 🤔

Yep, looked like it anyway. Any idea what happened?

13 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The fact Savage didn't even have a say in the current first team management setup tells you all you need to know about Budge etc. They employed him because she didn't know how to operate a football department.  At her own admission too. 

JS wanted and advised to consider a minimum of 5 candidates for Neilson's replacement.  But she cracked on with Naisy/McAvoy/Forrest anyway.

How do you know this is the case? If it’s true then why are we wasting money on him. If he’s not trusted to make the key decisions in his role what’s the point? This window has been another flop, who’s making those decisions, bearing in mind this is his 4th (I think) Window? 

16 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

You post this as if you know how the board works, when I suspect you are making stuff up to support your argument.

You keep targeting Budge but ignore McKinley.

19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Blair Spittal is better than any midfielder we started today .

How depressing is that.

Interesting you think that, I said at the start of last season we should have gone for him as he was better then Grant and Forrest and got slated but again today head and shoulders above our imposters.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

So I would like to ask him why we keep signing players that can't get a game for us.I would honestly like to hear his answer to that.

Me too.

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

As much as I blame the board a don't think for a second this is true

1 hour ago, heatonjambo said:

The role of the technical director at a football club is to set and represent the direction and philosophy of the club.

To oil the wheels of success and present the professional image of the club, assisting in player purchase and success.

I give you two such examples, of the positive. Both former hearts players and both put us out of Europe.

Kristof Karapidis 

multi lingual, looks fitter than most hearts players

Jose conclaves 

multi lingual, looks fitter than most hearts players

joe savage

a fat spud fast numpty who spends his time drinking fans under the table and chasing skirt on away trips

So Anne,

this represents you and our values.

we are a mess and it starts from the top down

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

Bang on the money mate 👏 sooner the fans realise that Queen Anne, McKinley and Savage are full of shite the better imo, all of them bloody taking the liberty now. 

36 minutes ago, Korky said:

They maybe do but 9 times out of 10 we finish above them. 

Edited by Russ1977

Jambof3tornado
30 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Any evidence to back up this.... if she's genuinely still meddling she needs to back off and get someone in to run the football side of her empire.

Toxteth O'Grady

Savage couldn’t direct his piss into a urinal. Signing players from Australia and Japan who are Poundland versions of Rogic and Furuhashi at his beloved Celtic is a daft vanity project which won’t work.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Spot on. If the list is full of shite then the manager can only pick the best player from that list of shite  Some folk really don't get this very obvious issue in trying to absolve Savage of any blame. 

Kio is a prime example. Our top target apparently. Hopeless. 

Grant, What did Savage call him, "a pure footballer"? The guy cannot get a game ahead of a CB and a LB in midfield in the SPL. 

He's a diving bar steward.

Ricardo Quaresma
30 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Yep, looked like it anyway. Any idea what happened?

Sounds like a poster on here who's been going radge since last Sunday

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, feej said:

Don't think getting personal helps however what he's delivering is poor. We seem to spend weeks chasing players who in hindsight struggle to adapt and are no better than the run of the mill scottish premiership or championship players.

Blair Spittal today for example was better than our midfielders, the lad Casey threw himself into everything today. However weve got Rowles who is as weak a shit and midfielders who don't know what a forward pass is.

I've often wondered why we never made a move for Spittal; baffling

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I've often wondered why we never made a move for Spittal; baffling

Cos he's not a sexy name, doesn't come from abroad, wouldn't be seen as a coup. 

You know he's not the best but he puts in a shift, gets forward, can make and take a pass and is good for a goal or 3. Better than our imposters though.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I bumped into him after the game. He was furious and couldn't understand why the team was being set up the way it was. Clearly disconnect from him and the management team. He was pretty open in Greece about how playing Cochrane in midfield was also baffling to him. **** knows what he actually does nowadays tbh.

Baffling to him when he's responsible for not signing Quantity of Quality in midfield

Staggering

loveofthegame
27 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Any evidence to back up this.... if she's genuinely still meddling she needs to back off and get someone in to run the football side of her empire.

I can’t back up the comments in the post but I’ve heard multiple stories of Budge and her behaviour- she’s very used to getting her own way and does not like to be told she is wrong.

If the rest of the Board aren’t willing to stand up to her then that says a lot about them- but I can absolutely believe she would behave in the way described.

She’s done her bit, we now need rid of her. Completely rid. 

32 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Here's the thing though, it's not her Empire, it's ours!

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Here's the thing though, it's not her Empire, it's ours!

Her and the hand picked board need reminding of that, 

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Our CEO publicly stated  he wanted "an experienced manager". 

So, why didn't we get one ?

55 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What empire has she got at Tynecastle 🤔

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

McAvoy was a Postman?🤣🤣🤣

Holy fcuk , what a laughing stock we have become, I’m all for guys improving their lot, but go do it at Stenhousemuir or Cowdenbeath! FFS we had Romanoff wanting to give folk like Rix and Co a 2nd chance at OUR, WE the fans expense, and now we have Budge & Co ripping the piss as well. What utter saps we are.😂

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Agree re management positions, don’t agree re recruitment.  Has made a number of very questionable signings with or without managers support. 

50 minutes ago, Korky said:

Wow! What an achievement that is!

I’m not saying it’s any great achievement but to use these teams picking up loads of bargains as a stick to beat us with when we finish above them pretty much every season is a bit daft. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, feej said:

Cos he's not a sexy name, doesn't come from abroad, wouldn't be seen as a coup. 

You know he's not the best but he puts in a shift, gets forward, can make and take a pass and is good for a goal or 3. Better than our imposters though.

Agree; all that and can take a free kick, IIRC

We need to shift focus to SPL players now, as some have alluded to

Plus get the aspect of physicality drilled deeper into the players' minds; it's a prerequisite for Scottish, British and European football

A lot of our players can't shield the ball well enough right now, but is that due to low confidence for some of them?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As an aside, wtf is that idiot Forrest doing still working for us?

An aside?  

You’ve literally started a new thread within a thread 😂

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

I can’t back up the comments in the post but I’ve heard multiple stories of Budge and her behaviour- she’s very used to getting her own way and does not like to be told she is wrong.

If the rest of the Board aren’t willing to stand up to her then that says a lot about them- but I can absolutely believe she would behave in the way described.

She’s done her bit, we now need rid of her. Completely rid. 

But Levein had her wrapped around his finger? 🤔

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mealie mouth weegies Celtic ***** like Savage and McAvoy shouldn’t be anywhere near our club. 

I think they can go as soon as they like

Don't know much about this lancefield character though

30 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I’m not saying it’s any great achievement but to use these teams picking up loads of bargains as a stick to beat us with when we finish above them pretty much every season is a bit daft. 

I love how reactions to posts on here wilfully misrepresent things. I’m not beating anyone with a stick but merely observing that decent players can be found in markets that we now seem to be ignoring in favour of Australia and Japan.

if you’re happy with the results of our recruitment process - bully for you. Plenty of us have legitimate questions.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

You post this as if you know how the board works, when I suspect you are making stuff up to support your argument.

You keep targeting Budge but ignore McKinley.

He’s definitely not making stuff up. Anne wanted Naismith and it was a boards decision to appoint him. Savage and McKinley had another target that was all agreed in principle. A lot was depending on us finishing 3rd though. We didn’t and the board appointed the current manager.

Don’t lay the blame at the door of AM and JS as they both advised AB who their target was.

17 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Agree; all that and can take a free kick, IIRC

We need to shift focus to SPL players now, as some have alluded to

Plus get the aspect of physicality drilled deeper into the players' minds; it's a prerequisite for Scottish, British and European football

A lot of our players can't shield the ball well enough right now, but is that due to low confidence for some of them?

-

Would agree that we need to be looking closer to home although I think whilst wages wouldn't be an issue I think transfer fees may be the issue and that's why we're maybe shopping abroad, who knows.

We lost a lost of 50/50 balls today plus some 70/30's, which was disappointing as most of them know the score, you need to earn the right to play first of all. Some of our players techniques are questionable but I think a lot of them just don't want the ball, I don't see much bravery, as you say that's possibly down to confidence.

I was having a conversation with an ex Hearts player a few weeks ago and he was saying the that their out ball was to  big Kevin Kyle to use his physicality to hold up play bring others into possession in theory to take pressure of  and get them up the pitch.

I can see why there are calls for a Nouble type to have been signed. I wouldn't have minded that as I can see the merit in that.