***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

1971fozzy
1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

Assuming nothing incredible happens in the next hour with Shanks, it’s been a fantastic window. A wee tinker here and there with a squad that is miles out in third and no major losses.

That’s exactly the type of window we should be aiming for every January/summer. Add a wee bit of quality and no scattergun panicking 👍 

This. 
also keeping Cochrane (hopefully). A fantastic window

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

south morocco

It’s been a good, sensible window. Hopefully we can kick on for the rest of the season,  get third and and the cup final.

PaddysBar
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

This. 
also keeping Cochrane (hopefully). A fantastic window

That’s the model going forward. Get stronger every window by adding 1/2 players of real quality, bring through youngsters to add to the squad and gradually improve. 

We actually look like achieving that. 

Plus some of the hotel rooms don’t have windows so we keep the windae cleaning bill under £100k. What’s not to like😂

Just over 40 minutes until the window slams shut. 

SLAMS!!1!one

jamboinglasgow
55 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Yes, very high hopes for him. Scouts are keeping eye on him up and down the country.

I think he will get a few games this season, its clear now that Naismith is proceeding with the next step of bringing through the youngsters so will be a few on the bench each game.

PaddysBar
2 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Bournemouth Hibs arent finished more coming in lol.

Good. It’ll take them 10 games to work out who to play then there will be 5 bottom 6 fixtures to play then all the loanees will leave. 

The same thing will happen next year. 

GlasgoJambo
8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Just over 40 minutes until the window slams shut. 

SLAMS!!1!one

Reckon this will be one of the best SLAMS yet.

Not ITK. 

5 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Good. It’ll take them 10 games to work out who to play then there will be 5 bottom 6 fixtures to play then all the loanees will leave. 

The same thing will happen next year. 

And their attendances will plummet to around the 18k mark*. 

*shhhh, don't tell them we know they don't really fill their ground every game.

Looks like there's no further movement in or out from Hearts now. 

Basing that purely on the complete silence in the last few hours on all fronts.

Not even a whisper of a late move from us or towards us. 

I would have liked another striker in just to make sure we have cover if Shanks gets injured. Thought we might have tried a loan till summer. But apparently not

Other than that if it stays as is then I'm happy enough with this window.

Must have been a low offer for Sibbick as I think we would have considered anything semi decent and pulled lewis neilson back if we had to. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Reckon this will be one of the best SLAMS yet.

Not ITK. 

It will be a Grand Slam you could say :pleasing:

Bunny Munro
10 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I would have liked another striker in just to make sure we have cover if Shanks gets injured. Thought we might have tried a loan till summer. But apparently not

Must have been a low offer for Sibbick as I think we would have considered anything semi decent and pulled lewis neilson back if we had to. 

Someone else on here posted we had a deadline for the recall on Neilson, 16th or something.

Mikey1874
2 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Utter drivel. Sammon's best year was 18 from 27. Take that away and he's a 1-in-5 striker for the rest of his career. His best year was in 2011 and we signed him in 2016.

Take away KVV's best year (which was LAST SEASON) and he's still a career 1-in-3 striker with far more consistency across his career.

The comparison is asinine and pointless and completely out of touch with reality.

If you take off Van Veen 9 penalties last season it is a very good comparison to the one hot season Sammon had. 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

How many top flight goals had Shankland scored before we gambled on him ? Don’t look it up, it’s zero.

KVV would iMO score goals and convert chances. We’ve got no one else outwith Shankland to do that with any regularity. KVV could. He’s available, proven and no risk (on

loan) In a good team he’ll score IMO

Dont get folk turning their nose up at someone who was scoring for fun in this league less than a year ago, but then there were plenty turning their nose up at Shankland before he arrived so it’s no real surprise I suppose

Do they not count if you score them on the wrong side of the Pentlands or something? 

Stendelnator
21 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Or the statement the club released hours ago stating that January business was done? Surely being ITK you'd know the deadline for recalling Neilson passed weeks ago too

Jackhmfc1348

And after 243 pages since September ?

(for some reason) the transfer window (however probably not this thread) is done 

tiger Rudi

We've held on to Shankland, that's basically all that really mattered. Fraser a welcome addition who I'm sure will add some attacking flair and goals from midfield. Dexter has hit the ground running. We have Dhanda and possibly Penrice arriving in the summer. 

One or two more signed contract extensions to come. This squad is looking very strong for 3rd this year and has a settled look for next season.

Now let's stuff Dundee on Saturday and keep the run going. 

Wonder when we'll find out about pre-contracts agreed?

Dhanda, Phillips and Penrice in the summer perhaps?

Happy with the way this window has gone 👍 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***
Bongo 1874

Good Window.

Would like the club to consider for pre contracts.

Nathan Ferguson.

And Lars Gindorf.

Both available on pre contracts.

I think as a club under stable control we are much better equipped for the January shenanigans. There is no longer the need to cash in or accept derogatory bids for players. If we don't renegotiate a contract with a player at the end of their contract we need to accept that players will move on.

Unless ridiculous offers come in for players we don't need to accept them, hopefully this is the way forward for us.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not offside. The ref blew for a foul against the defender on the edge of the box, but waited until the shot before doing so. If he had scored it would have gone to VAR. Given the ref wouldn't have blown until after the ball was in the net, his onfield decision would have been goal and so the tussle with the defender would have needed to be a clear and obvious error. It may well have stood.

On KVV, I wouldn't have minded him signing but imagine he is seen as an unnecessary expense. He has had one season where he was very prolific. Outside of that he has been a decent but not exceptional scorer. Interesting to see how many he scores at Killie. Feels like a toss of a coin to me whether it is a success.

I'm pretty happy with our business this window.

Re the bit in bold, you're wrong, the onfield decision was a foul, if Vargas had hit the net instead of the stand, that wouldn't have changed. 

It's being rather overly blown up IMO anyway, it's one miss from Vargas (he didn't know it would have been disallowed when he took the shot) in an otherwise good spell of form. Shankland missed a good chance in that same half, and has failed to convert three obvious very good chances recently!  All strikers miss some good chances! 

jamborich
1 hour ago, gov said:

At least we have until the end of the season 🇱🇻👌

20240127_195503.jpg

Agree but is he happy shankland should put this transfer talk in the bin concentrate on his football and play his way into the Scotland squad 

gregzy2k7

Happy with our transfer business, just keeping shankland alone is a massive win imo, we are in a very strong position heading into the 3rd and final phase of the season. Just got to keep our form up leading up to the OF and edinburgh derby games at the end of this month (should be looking at a minimum of 7 out of 9 points from dundee (a) St Johnstone (a) and motherwell (h) and we will be well on course to pish 3rd place this season.

6 hours ago, jamborich said:

Agree but is he happy shankland should put this transfer talk in the bin concentrate on his football and play his way into the Scotland squad 

Why wouldn’t he be happy? 

I'm giving it 3 weeks before the mood turns and it becomes FACT that we've had another terrible transfer window. 😄

It's interesting how quiet this transfer window was generally in terms of big transfers. It seems that a lot of teams down south are still paying the credit card bill for previous transfers - and will be for quite a while by the sound of things.

20 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

I'm giving it 3 weeks before the mood turns and it becomes FACT that we've had another terrible transfer window. 😄

That long your optimistic 

Byyy The Light
20 minutes ago, stirlo said:

It's interesting how quiet this transfer window was generally in terms of big transfers. It seems that a lot of teams down south are still paying the credit card bill for previous transfers - and will be for quite a while by the sound of things.

A friend of mine is an agent. Says it’s the worst window he can remember, mainly because all the teams down south are terrified of FFP after Everton situation.

Begs the question if we’ve reached the peak of this madness?

8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Do they not count if you score them on the wrong side of the Pentlands or something? 

Or the half way line.

Jamhammer

Very happy with our window ❤️

Just don’t get me started on West Ham’s 😀😀😀

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

A friend of mine is an agent. Says it’s the worst window he can remember, mainly because all the teams down south are terrified of FFP after Everton situation.

Can’t remember it being as quiet down south. Even in the championship which is where the realistic bids for shankland would have came from if there was an interest despite the agent trying 

9 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Who was it that won £100 off of his Rangers mate?

My nephew won a free round of golf as bet with his stupid Hun uncle The Rangers never had close to the cash we would have demanded changed days and good to see. Hopefully shanks see sense and signs contact with a decent buy out clause for us that way if he can get a huge wage else where we get compensated properly rather than peanuts.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

I saw today that the Premier league FFP rules have been in place since 2013, but its clear the fact teams are actually getting punished now have frightened a lot of teams.

I was listening to a football podcast last weekend and they were discussing why the window is so slow, one journalist pointed out if the Premier league start spending less than could be issues for some leagues in Europe. He wasn't trying to blow smoke up the premier league, more pointing out that due to the amount of money the premier normally chucks around and less money in TV deals in other leagues (like France for example) that clubs in those leagues have developed a model of getting players built ready to move to the Premier league so they can benefit from the big fees. If that money decreases it puts these clubs in a worse position and increase the finical gulf between the Premier league and everyone else.

I suspect we will see normal spending in the summer as clubs start a new financial year. I could even see clubs top loading their signings in Summer. Also think because of FFP you are seeing more signings in this window which is a loan with a option to make it permanent, as clubs look to sign a player now but want to keep the transfer fee to the next financial year.

Skacelsid

I think it's been a very good window, Shanks still here and playing for his euro place with Scotland. (Much easier to replace LS in the summer). Dexter has really hit the ground running, fans favourite already and best to come, Rowles and McKay back soon. Decent looking youngsters coming through. It's closed now let's get on with it.

11 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Or the statement the club released hours ago stating that January business was done? Surely being ITK you'd know the deadline for recalling Neilson passed weeks ago too

Have a day off.

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Looks like it might be.  Certainly proves the point that the spending of the top 20 clubs in England drives the transfer activity in all other leagues. Must be a lot of players worried about what happens in the summer. 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I saw today that the Premier league FFP rules have been in place since 2013, but its clear the fact teams are actually getting punished now have frightened a lot of teams.

I was listening to a football podcast last weekend and they were discussing why the window is so slow, one journalist pointed out if the Premier league start spending less than could be issues for some leagues in Europe. He wasn't trying to blow smoke up the premier league, more pointing out that due to the amount of money the premier normally chucks around and less money in TV deals in other leagues (like France for example) that clubs in those leagues have developed a model of getting players built ready to move to the Premier league so they can benefit from the big fees. If that money decreases it puts these clubs in a worse position and increase the finical gulf between the Premier league and everyone else.

I suspect we will see normal spending in the summer as clubs start a new financial year. I could even see clubs top loading their signings in Summer. Also think because of FFP you are seeing more signings in this window which is a loan with a option to make it permanent, as clubs look to sign a player now but want to keep the transfer fee to the next financial year.

It’s a three year window for FFP so not as simple as a new financial year and start again. All the loans with option to buy in summer means they have already ‘spent’ a chunk of next years allowance.