***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

Welcome to the greatest, and largest fan-owned club in the British Isles, Scott.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

King prawn

Good interview there from Fraser and doesn’t sound like he’s here until the end of the season - if he does well I’m almost certain he’ll be here next season as well. 

8 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I'm not so sure I’d call it a brilliant window, well certainly not yet, we’ve brought in two loans and got a pre contract signed. That’s it. For me we’ve temporarily solved the right back issue but will no doubt be looking again come the summer. We’ve still got a problem up front if anything happens with Shankland. Maybe more to come tomorrow. 

Not trying to be negative we’re going in the right direction, have a load of players to come back and Naismith is looking a very good appointment. But a brilliant window I wouldn’t go that far.

Its steady tho mate. What IS brilliant is we dont need much. We can bring in a (great looking) rb on loan and look longer term in summer. A CM makes some sense. We've trimmed the squad a bit too.

Its all continuity planning. We wont have a rebuild this summer but will have key recruitment, especially if we sell anyone.

Perhas not VR frenzy exciting! But its how recruitment should be done imo. And the good work of building a balanced, settled quad has gone largely unnoticed or commended.

Know youre not moaning btw!!!

Just now, King prawn said:

Good interview there from Fraser and doesn’t sound like he’s here until the end of the season - if he does well I’m almost certain he’ll be here next season as well. 

Wonder if thats already in place with fee agreed....

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Which might be the cause of the holdup in him signing? I'm sure a loan with an agreed permanent transfer at the end of the loan period will, by it's nature, create more 're-negotiations' than a straightforward loan deal. Pure speculation on my part, of course.

24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think this would have been announced ? Maybe part of the delay and he clearly wants to be back in Scotland full time so we’ll see. Assuming he does well I hope we do have something tied up. 

BackOfTheNet

Maybe he only wants to come on loan because he feels he can play his way to a move to the OF or is just biding time until Dundee Utd are promoted to rejoin them?

::troll::

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Messenger_creation_7e737c08-252f-48f9-891f-04143b7114d1.jpeg

I’ll be surprised if we are in for him but if we are other than a guaranteed start there is surely no competition there. 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I would be surprised honestly, not that I don’t think he’s a capable finisher I’m just not sure how he fits in to our team

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I would be surprised honestly, not that I don’t think he’s a capable finisher I’m just not sure how he fits in to our team

On the bench most likely. I do feel we need another option if Shankland gets injured. Don't mind Tagawa getting a run or Vargas but Van Veen seems like a safe option, tried and tested in this league.

fabienleclerq

I actually think Van veen and Shankland would work quite well, although I suspect our interest may be as a backup to Shankland potentially going.

Did Motherwell not say they couldn't afford KVV? Hard to think killie or St mirren have much higher wage structures. 

Skacelsid

To me the loan is fine for us, he could flop and we would not want him, if he is a success we have a good (3rd place secured) second half of the season. Win win. We deal with it then. Have a good feeling about this one. 

Pete Elliott
9 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

And his penalty was against Aberdeen and not Dundee 

Very true 👍🏻

I thought he was mince against Aberdeen until the penalty and played well afterwards.

GorgieFifeLife
8 minutes ago, feej said:

Doubt the other two could meet the wage contribution. 

Hopefully we get this done.  We need to beef up the forward line options and he fits the bill.

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Hopefully we get this done.  We need to beef up the forward line options and he fits the bill.

I'm not adverse to this signing, not much pace up front but him and Shanks can finish which is what you want.

12 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Very true 👍🏻

I thought he was mince against Aberdeen until the penalty and played well afterwards.

Agree. Have to say I think his displays recently have been over hyped a little. He has contributed and certainly improved which is good to see but still never a stand out for me. Yet to watch him play one game for Hearts where I've thought what a performance that was. A tidy enough footballer and has good technique but we require better. Dhanda is an upgrade and I'm hoping Fraser is too.

22 minutes ago, feej said:

Doubt the other two could meet the wage contribution. 

Good point. I do wonder if Gronigen will want a transfer fee to be rid of him though. They didn't seem at all impressed with the whole situation re the new born and him essentially downing tools. 

I suppose if no one wants to pay a fee, next best thing would be reducing his wages.

Sleepy head

Van Veen isn't rapid but he's not slow either.

Rick Sanchez
Just now, Sleepy head said:

I don't think we need rapid mate, we've got Vargas and Oda. We can't get the space in behind for Tagawa.

We need another option for when teams sit in. Move whoever is in the 10 (Grant or Dhanda next season) back to an 8, move Shankland to the 10 and stick Van Veen up top.

We'll be looking 👌

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

with Boyce unavailable he’s a good option.  Would mark the end for Tagawa though

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Good point. I do wonder if Gronigen will want a transfer fee to be rid of him though. They didn't seem at all impressed with the whole situation re the new born and him essentially downing tools. 

I suppose if no one wants to pay a fee, next best thing would be reducing his wages.

Apparently they're now open to a loan.

I wonder if it might depend on moving someone on from our point of view.

25 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Very true 👍🏻

I think he's been playing very well for some time now. Not always flashy but links our play very well and has been a key part of our good run.

Bandersons latest tweet -

Hearts haven't made a move for Van Veen. No more signings expected today unless someone leaves Tynecastle before the deadline. No offers for Shankland and contract still unsigned.

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, gov said:

Bandersons latest tweet -

Hearts haven't made a move for Van Veen. No more signings expected today unless someone leaves Tynecastle before the deadline. No offers for Shankland and contract still unsigned.

To be fair…why would Hearts tell Banderson anything?

He knows as much as anyone else…

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

🤷‍♂️

Back to Motherwell would be my prediction. They're desperate for a striker.

BackOfTheNet

Just don’t see the sense in getting Van Veen with Shankland, Boyce and Tagawa already on the books and with Vargas also able to play a central forward role. I also feel our overall style of play wouldn’t suit his game, although if Lembikisa continues to fire in crosses like he does then that could be a plus. But just can’t see it, and not really wanting to see it to be honest.

Heartsofgold
Just now, DC_92 said:

Rumoured to be on a fair wedge in Holland.  Can Motherwell actually afford him, even on loan?

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Tbf I expect he knows more than everyone on here but we are not known for a flurry of late activity these days. Fingers crossed we get one more 

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Just don’t see the sense in getting Van Veen with Shankland, Boyce and Tagawa already on the books and with Vargas also able to play a central forward role. I also feel our overall style of play wouldn’t suit his game, although if Lembikisa continues to fire in crosses like he does then that could be a plus. But just can’t see it, and not really wanting to see it to be honest.

Boy at my work just showed me a tweet from the Romano boy? Shankland going to Rangers apparently. Hope to **** it's not true but looked legit. Tbh the guys a proper WUM. Someone pls tell me he's winding me up?

Just now, WDJ87 said:

Boy at my work just showed me a tweet from the Romano boy? Shankland going to Rangers apparently. Hope to **** it's not true but looked legit. Tbh the guys a proper WUM. Someone pls tell me he's winding me up?

It’s a fake account 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

And why would anyone believe anything you say? when you know as much as anyone else...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 hours ago, DC_92 said:

We've been pretty fortunate that Shankland hasn't really missed any games. After him, and with Boyce continuing to struggle with injury and Tagawa struggling full-stop, we are really toiling for anyone to lead the line, as the Spartans game showed. I think it's a bigger need than Fraser/Dhanda tbh.

I expect it'd be contingent on moving Tagawa out on loan, but I really hope we're doing something there.

Dont disagree but not our MO really to make big moves late on, Simms was a good one, if we cling to some hope

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

They came out recently saying couldn’t afford him and signed a striker on loan from Blackburn. Is he maybe linked with us if there is any last minute bids for shankland 

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Rumoured to be on a fair wedge in Holland.  Can Motherwell actually afford him, even on loan?

If it has to be Scotland then options are limited. I think they've lost a few players as well so might have freed up a bit of cash.

3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Don’t worry it’s a fake account. There will be plenty more today likely

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

If it has to be Scotland then options are limited. I think they've lost a few players as well so might have freed up a bit of cash.

His girlfriend is Scottish so main reason for wanting to come back

AGoodLaugh
5 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

He's winding you up 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Check the spelling of the account name. Usually a giveaway when his names no even spelled correctly 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Hes probably a window licking idiot and believes it to be real.  

go along with it. Get him all excited 🤣

Was looking forward to transfer deadline day, but with our business being finished it is now pretty pointless. Shutting up shop and keeping Shankland at least is the main positive. 

13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Posting a statement of fact "We are interested" suggests you know something that others don't aka ITK.

Posting some random google search of a December article with a throwaway comment about possible destinations? What was that meant to achieve?

Agentjambo
7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

And why would anyone believe anything you say? when you know as much as anyone else...

And why would anyone listen to a chimp?

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Interesting. A flight due in from Amsterdam at 1010 at the airport. Wonder if he’s on it.

Well he's laughing his tits off now after making me look a right dick. 🤦 Sorry. First thing I looked at was the handle and I know there's fake accounts in that boys name. It ****ing got me 😂🤪

Pete Elliott
16 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I think he's been playing very well for some time now. Not always flashy but links our play very well and has been a key part of our good run.

He’s only started in 3 out of the 8 games of our unbeaten run so has been a periphery figure compared to the likes of Clark, Kent, Kingsley, Beni, Forrest and Shankland who have played almost every minute.

Grant’s the sort of player who looks decent when the team is performing well but doesn’t stand up when backs are to the wall imo. 

I think he’s shown a few good performances amongst an ocean of dross and I’d quite happily see his shirt go to Tait, Fraser or Dhanda so we’ll just need to agree to disagree. 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hes probably a window licking idiot and believes it to be real.  

go along with it. Get him all excited 🤣

Nah he knew it was fake. Normally don't fall for his stuff but he got me this time

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Interesting. A flight due in from Amsterdam at 1010 at the airport. Wonder if he’s on it.

Sounds as if he is already in Scotland, indefinite parental leave

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***