Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, droid said:

He'll be announced tomorrow when the window SLAMS shut.

Some entertainment on transfer deadline day for once. Usually it is pretty quiet for us.

4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Equally, it doesn't mean that if we chose to pay a fee to get him now, it is moronic.  Or Lunacy.  It's just a choice that we might or might not make.

I agree but I didn't call anyone or anything moronic, lunacy, tinpot or any other insulting term, I simply argued that if the club decided against paying whatever fee RC wanted, that didn't make us tinpot. Personally I would prefer that we didn't pay a significant fee for a maximum of 15 games but that also assumes that the pre-contract is in place. If it isn't then the negotiation changes.

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

How can we do that if we have no money?

Mikey1874

Adding the extra day to the transfer window came from discussions by the bigger nations - Spain, Italy, Germany etc.

Seems now its set that transfer windows will now end February 1st and September 1st.

5 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Some entertainment on transfer deadline day for once. Usually it is pretty quiet for us.

I've got a sneaky feeling we'll do more business than expected tomorrow.

I would be slightly concerned if we don't have another striker option, going by the Spartans game.

HopeDiouf
5 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I agree but I didn't call anyone or anything moronic, lunacy, tinpot or any other insulting term, I simply argued that if the club decided against paying whatever fee RC wanted, that didn't make us tinpot. Personally I would prefer that we didn't pay a significant fee for a maximum of 15 games but that also assumes that the pre-contract is in place. If it isn't then the negotiation changes.

you literally said "Simply paying a fee when we don't have to would be moronic".

Anyway, seems we're agreed, if Hearts decide to pay a fee, it wouldn't be moronic.  Or Lunacy.  And it won't be tinpot if they don't.

Just now, DC_92 said:

I would be slightly concerned if we don't have another striker option, going by the Spartans game.

I agree, another striker for the cup competition could be the catalyst to us winning it again. What a deadline day it would be if it were to happen. 

Wee Mikey
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The reports initially come from Daily Record report at 10.17am this morning.

And prior to that, the Evening News (courtesy of @Selkirkhmfc1874) and seeing as that's via Glasgow the word must've been circulating amongst reporters last night.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Adding the extra day to the transfer window came from discussions by the bigger nations - Spain, Italy, Germany etc.

Seems now its set that transfer windows will now end February 1st and September 1st.

Rather pointless, especially in the summer, it's open for ages.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Cant see it myself, powder dry for summer, the landscape may well have changed by then

4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

you literally said "Simply paying a fee when we don't have to would be moronic".

Anyway, seems we're agreed, if Hearts decide to pay a fee, it wouldn't be moronic.  Or Lunacy.  And it won't be tinpot if they don't.

Oops.  Ok I didn't call any person moronic 😇

Edited by HoGwash

Wee Mikey
17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also on " verbal agreements " 

Under Scots law, legal agreements do not, in most cases, have to be in writing. The law considers verbal agreements to be binding if the parties have a common purpose and they clearly intend to create a legal relationship. If these elements exist, the Scottish courts will enforce a verbal agreement.

Mind you, if it comes to that then it really would be a bit of a shit-show.

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

How can we do that if we have no money?

Passed on the recipe for the kebab pies?

Gundermann

Still no confirmation from Hearts on Dhanda or Fraser, just 'reports'.

:waiting:

22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That was the reporter who said the deal was dead, when it was actually in limbo waiting for Charlton. I suspect Charlton may be feeding the line that Hearts had to improve their financial package to make it sound better on Charlton.

I suspect you're absolutely bang on with that assessment.

Oh absolutely . Just pointing out that in Scotland verbal agreements are legally binding 

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Mind you, if it comes to that then it really would be a bit of a shit-show.

Disser Pointon
45 minutes ago, sam? said:

Dhanda and Fraser are two different style players, its not one or other. SN mentioned in an interview last week he had been tracking Fraser from last summer.

I don't disagree but I think the addition of Fraserv should be sufficient till the end of the season given the position we are in and the funds could be put to better use.

30 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That was the reporter who said the deal was dead, when it was actually in limbo waiting for Charlton. I suspect Charlton may be feeding the line that Hearts had to improve their financial package to make it sound better on Charlton.

Your conclusion might be correct, but he said it was "off, as things stand" rather than "dead".

Phil D. Corners
34 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

I’d rather the opposite. Come the summer we have an embedded Dhanda rather than a loan player heading back to his own club.

Normally yes. I would love to get him in now and settled for next season. But 150k for four months earlier is too much for me.  

We are looking good for third and he’s Cup tied so not sure he’s going to make a difference this season. IMO we should would spend the cash elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Maybe a double or triple announcement tomorrow?

Thanks Agent, any hot info on a third name? Definitely nothing today?

Pete Elliott
4 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Normally yes. I would love to get him in now and settled for next season. But 150k for four months earlier is too much for me.  

We are looking good for third and he’s Cup tied so not sure he’s going to make a difference this season. IMO we should would spend the cash elsewhere. 

If by elsewhere you mean a loan player in a similar position then I disagree.

Gronigen willing to listen to offers for Kevin Van Veen.

Anyone else be quite happy if we threw our hat in the ring there? No depth at striker other than Shankland. Would be a good move IMO. 

Appreciate we're not desperate, but I'd be keen for him. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Anyone else be quite happy if we threw our hat in the ring there? No depth at striker other than Shankland. Would be a good move IMO. 

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Maybe a double or triple announcement tomorrow?

What is the record during the Mad Vlad years? 6?

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

We also have no money

::troll::

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, OTT said:

RB sorted.  attacking midfield options sorted.  A backup striker would be next on the list for me, if we have money in the budget.

Phil D. Corners
3 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

If by elsewhere you mean a loan player in a similar position then I disagree.

What is the loan player was from an EPL club and we just needed to pay a percentage of his wage. So similar level but much better quality.. maybe the difference in a cup final. 

2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

RB sorted.  attacking midfield options sorted.  A backup striker would be next on the list for me, if we have money in the budget.

Seems a sensible signing. Gives Shanks some competition, and allows us to rest him where possible. 

I know Vargas is supposed to be a striker, but we have no like for like Shankland replacement with Boyce out (and also looking pretty finished as a goalscoring forward). 

Agentjambo
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks Agent, any hot info on a third name? Definitely nothing today?

I’ve just got a gut feeling there maybe a couple of moves announced…I’ve a feeling we will be trying to get Dhanda now…Fraser,maybe a surprise for the 3rd.

RustyRightPeg

Folk do realise Van Veen hasn't played a minute of football since November?

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Seems a sensible signing. Gives Shanks some competition, and allows us to rest him where possible. 

I know Vargas is supposed to be a striker, but we have no like for like Shankland replacement with Boyce out (and also looking pretty finished as a goalscoring forward). 

KVV ain't like-for-like vis-a-vis Shankland.

I was at the Livi game last night and Dhanda was a stand out, technically better than every player on the park. IMO Ross County would be silly to let him go in January as he really could be the difference between Championship and SPL (if Livi were ever to pick up). Seems to have a great attitude, so no question of him downing tools. Penrice made a couple of decent runs going forward but wasn't too much interplay as Noubles passing and touch was dreadful (apologies for ever even suggesting we made a move for him previously). Interestingly both Dhanda and Penrice are the teams primary set piece takers and I would suggest this is an area that we could improve vastly, particularly corners.

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Good info. Definitely a consideration ... match fitness etc.

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'm not suggesting he comes in and plays 100% of the remaining minutes to the end of the season. Just that he'd be a good option from the bench - which could also be a good way to build up his fitness/sharpness. 

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

KVV ain't like-for-like vis-a-vis Shankland.

Scores goals :D thats enough for me! 

Gene Parmesan

Van Veen is on a sizeable wage, I'm not sure it would be very good business to take on a high earner to sit on the bench.

If Shankland goes, that's a different story.

Wee Mikey
7 minutes ago, Renoir said:

I was at the Livi game last night and Dhanda was a stand out, technically better than every player on the park. IMO Ross County would be silly to let him go in January as he really could be the difference between Championship and SPL (if Livi were ever to pick up). Seems to have a great attitude, so no question of him downing tools. Penrice made a couple of decent runs going forward but wasn't too much interplay as Noubles passing and touch was dreadful (apologies for ever even suggesting we made a move for him previously). Interestingly both Dhanda and Penrice are the teams primary set piece takers and I would suggest this is an area that we could improve vastly, particularly corners.

It seems like Penrice might be a tad crocked.

As for Nouble? He did have a cool flick late on to set up a strike, but not one for me.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/david-martindale-has-no-questions-about-james-penrices-commitment-to-livingston

"Though the defender’s future is up in the air, Livingston boss Martindale says Penrice is giving every effort in the team’s fight to move from the bottom of the table, and revealed the player is even playing through injury."

Brian McLauchlin, BBC Sport Scotland

What is the state of play for Hearts as we tick towards tomorrow's transfer deadline?

As things stand, the club is yet to receive any kind of interest in Lawrence Shankland, having offered the striker an improved contract.

BBC Scotland understands Hearts won't place a bid to sign Yan Dhanda this month unless there's an outgoing from the home dressing room. The Englishman will join on a pre-contract arrangement in the summer.

And there's been plenty of chatter of interest in Livingston left-back James Penrice, but the Tynecastle club have no plans to bring the 25-year-old in this window.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cqed74pnp12o

So just Fraser and contracts.   Unless someone leaves. 

7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Brian McLauchlin, BBC Sport Scotland

What is the state of play for Hearts as we tick towards tomorrow's transfer deadline?

As things stand, the club is yet to receive any kind of interest in Lawrence Shankland, having offered the striker an improved contract.

BBC Scotland understands Hearts won't place a bid to sign Yan Dhanda this month unless there's an outgoing from the home dressing room. The Englishman will join on a pre-contract arrangement in the summer.

And there's been plenty of chatter of interest in Livingston left-back James Penrice, but the Tynecastle club have no plans to bring the 25-year-old in this window.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cqed74pnp12o

So just Fraser and contracts.   Unless someone leaves. 

Pretty expected tbh

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Cant see it myself, powder dry for summer, the landscape may well have changed by then

We've been pretty fortunate that Shankland hasn't really missed any games. After him, and with Boyce continuing to struggle with injury and Tagawa struggling full-stop, we are really toiling for anyone to lead the line, as the Spartans game showed. I think it's a bigger need than Fraser/Dhanda tbh.

I expect it'd be contingent on moving Tagawa out on loan, but I really hope we're doing something there.

Pete Elliott
54 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

What is the loan player was from an EPL club and we just needed to pay a percentage of his wage. So similar level but much better quality.. maybe the difference in a cup final. 

Still would prefer Dhanda if it was similar money. We’ve a big enough squad to cover his absence from cup matches. 

Bongo 1874

Scott Fraser to be announced soon 😂.

And maybe get a surprise before the window shuts or after it.

Can't complain.

Just for old times sakes 😀.

Good window 👍.

gordiegords

If it stays like this plus get Fraser in by the time the window slams shut I’ll be delighted, brilliant month for us. Hhgh.

Robbo-Jambo
24 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We've been pretty fortunate that Shankland hasn't really missed any games. After him, and with Boyce continuing to struggle with injury and Tagawa struggling full-stop, we are really toiling for anyone to lead the line, as the Spartans game showed. I think it's a bigger need than Fraser/Dhanda tbh.

I expect it'd be contingent on moving Tagawa out on loan, but I really hope we're doing something there.

This

Phil D. Corners
16 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Still would prefer Dhanda if it was similar money. We’ve a big enough squad to cover his absence from cup matches. 

👍🏻

Okay then we’re in agreement, Hearts to win the Scottish cup either way. 

:HeartsManspotrun:

brawlad74
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

We have no money!!!

We need a bigger hotel.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***