Luis Rubiales - Spanish FA president

Captain Holt

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. That's got **** all to do with this though. In this occasion, only 1 person instigated incident and only 1 person can remedy situation. 

The female player did nothing to provoke or request the kiss. To threaten her with legal action and to demand all players must play if selected shows just how desperate this old man's club has become.

Male players have already refused to play for Spain if he doesn't leave. 

He has to resign.

I thought he claimed that he asked for a kiss and she said yes.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• tian447

• milky_26

• Nerja Jambo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Spanish FA are having a mare.

Just sack him ffs :facepalm:

They've made an incident that could have been dealt with in a professional and swift manner a major PR catastrophe.

They've done well to blow it up tbh.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The incident on it's own is imo a non event due ti the circumstances ( i exoected a far more creepy/ harassment tyoe clip), however he seems to have a past and a history of sexual harassment and generally poor behaviour so this incident may eventually nail him and if his history as reported us true, it's a good thing.

I wasn't aware of that and now feel dirty for trying to see it from his viewpoint.

Needs hanged.

8 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

I thought he claimed that he asked for a kiss and she said yes.

read the statement that hermoso released. she says that she did not consent to it

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

I wasn't aware of that and now feel dirty for trying to see it from his viewpoint.

Needs hanged.

Luckies1874 nailed it.

The incident is a non event and blown up by the usual brigade that are on to everything and looking for offence.

He also seems to have a bit of a creepy/ predatory past and behaviour so this incident will finish him, and if true rightly so.

Him and the fa turning it round on her is also weird.

Both can be true. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

read the statement that hermoso released. she says that she did not consent to it

I'm not sure I want to go down this road but that doesn't mean she's telling the truth and he's lying, although it probably does.

The chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee, Jorge Ivan Palacio (Colombia), in use of the powers granted by article 51 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC), has decided today to provisionally suspend Mr. Luis Rubiales from all football-related activities at national and international level.

This suspension, which will be effective as of today, is for an initial period of 90 days, pending the disciplinary proceedings opened against Mr. Luis Rubiales on Thursday, August 24.

Likewise, the chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee and in order to preserve, among other factors, the fundamental rights of the national soccer team player Ms. Jennifer Hermoso and the good order of the disciplinary proceedings before this disciplinary body, has issued two additional directives (article 7 FDC) by which he orders Mr. Luis Rubiales to refrain, through himself or third parties, from contacting or attempting to contact the professional player of the Spanish national football team Ms. Jennifer Hermoso or her close environment.

Likewise, the RFEF and its officials or employees, directly or through third parties, are ordered to refrain from contacting the professional player of the Spanish national team Ms. Jennifer Hermoso and her close environment.

Shooter McGavin
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They've made an incident that could have been dealt with in a professional and swift manner a major PR catastrophe.

They've done well to blow it up tbh.

Yep the Spanish FA have taken the spotlight off the woman's team with their incompetence

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

I'm not sure I want to go down this road but that doesn't mean she's telling the truth and he's lying, although it probably does.

You also cannot consent to something Spontaneous,  but he said it wasn't Spontaneous and that she asked to be kissed, which is just bizarre. 

Why would you not just appoligise and say you were happy/ drunk/ in the moment _ celebrating etc and just lost yourself for a second. 

Her asking to be kissed clearly is bullshite, it would be beyond strange given the situation. 

Just makes him look like a liar.

Unknown user

Most of us don't know how it feels to be the weaker sex and have put up with this overbearing male stuff all your days. I can see how the greatest achievement of your life could be ruined by a reminder of male dominance.

periodictabledancer
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

The chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee, Jorge Ivan Palacio (Colombia), in use of the powers granted by article 51 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC), has decided today to provisionally suspend Mr. Luis Rubiales from all football-related activities at national and international level.

This suspension, which will be effective as of today, is for an initial period of 90 days, pending the disciplinary proceedings opened against Mr. Luis Rubiales on Thursday, August 24.

Likewise, the chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee and in order to preserve, among other factors, the fundamental rights of the national soccer team player Ms. Jennifer Hermoso and the good order of the disciplinary proceedings before this disciplinary body, has issued two additional directives (article 7 FDC) by which he orders Mr. Luis Rubiales to refrain, through himself or third parties, from contacting or attempting to contact the professional player of the Spanish national football team Ms. Jennifer Hermoso or her close environment.

Likewise, the RFEF and its officials or employees, directly or through third parties, are ordered to refrain from contacting the professional player of the Spanish national team Ms. Jennifer Hermoso and her close environment.

Some sanity at last.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You also cannot consent to something Spontaneous,  but he said it wasn't Spontaneous and that she asked to be kissed, which is just bizarre. 

Why would you not just appoligise and say you were happy/ drunk/ in the moment _ celebrating etc and just lost yourself for a second. 

Her asking to be kissed clearly is bullshite, it would be beyond strange given the situation. 

Just makes him look like a liar.

I would.

Without downplaying it, I think it's being used to take him down because of a catalogue of other indiscretions. Probably rightly so.

17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Luckies1874 nailed it.

The incident is a non event and blown up by the usual brigade that are on to everything and looking for offence.

He also seems to have a bit of a creepy/ predatory past and behaviour so this incident will finish him, and if true rightly so.

Him and the fa turning it round on her is also weird.

Both can be true. 

It's not an non event for the player though is it

gogsfaepenrith
4 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

The boy played four games for Hamilton Accies in 2009.

Hamilton's got a lot to answer for 😂

I P Knightley
55 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If you're gonna come out with stuff like that you should name the posters and report them.

Otherwise you look like a wee coward who is acusing folk of being rapey over the Internet which is bang out of order.

You're Also seriously downplaying rape as a crime with your churlish comments about police enquiries and possible future assault. 

Horrific post.

Going by that argument, should the post I quoted also have named and reported the 'halfwits' on JKB?

Your :seethe: is strong. You have far more emotionally invested in this thread than me. I'll leave you to it.

By the sound of it, this could all have been avoided with a fulsome public apology: ‘I was caught up in the moment, it was wrong and I am terribly sorry.’ Chances are it would have been graciously accepted and everyone can move on. But the guy has now behaved like a massive tool, and there is no way out of this for the Spanish FA that involves him staying in post.

I appreciate that there is a point being made here - as a member of the World Cup winning team, Hermoso has more power and more agency than women generally do in these situations, and she’s taking the opportunity to call him out for his bad behaviour. Which might not, in itself, have been all that terrible, but his antics since have made it pretty clear that she was right to do it.

The clip I seen on the news this morning.

He celebrates by grabbing his balls!!

Beyond belief.

It was full on kiss that the female could not get away from. But she turned away smiling and imo unbothered.

Is there other elements coming into play?

As a poster said earlier, he should have apologised for over exuberance, caught in the moment.

Dunno what the fuss is about, it clearly wasn't sexual just a drunk guy that got carried away, An apology to the lassie is enough. The world is just looking for things to be offended by.

14 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Dunno what the fuss is about, it clearly wasn't sexual just a drunk guy that got carried away, An apology to the lassie is enough. The world is just looking for things to be offended by.

This is where I am.  What a fecking drama about a kiss, all the wimmin piling on.

Women’s football just trying to be relevant, get it in the bin, utter shite.

4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

See all the folk saying it didn't look that bad, it's not really the point is it? It's not a case of rating it out of 10 for badness then deciding what to do. The lassie herself said she didn't want him to do it and was very uncomfortable. End of story man. Why are men always trying to find justifications for other men being ****ing weirdos. Don't randomly kiss other folk on the mouth like that, it's not hard unless you're a creep.

Nicely summed up.  He grabbed her head in both hands and forcibly kissed her on the mouth.  

He's lucky not to be facing a sexual assault charge.

Shooter McGavin
18 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Women being kissed without their consent is kind if a big deal mate.

Weird of you to think otherwise.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I sometimes wonder if folk can even hear themselves. Grabbing a woman pretty forcefully, cupping her head in your hands as you shake her a bit, giving her a big bear hug, and then kissing her on the lips as you squeeze her cheeks in your hands. None of which she gave any indication she wanted. 

Not a big deal apparently. Morons. 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Going by that argument, should the post I quoted also have named and reported the 'halfwits' on JKB?

Your :seethe: is strong. You have far more emotionally invested in this thread than me. I'll leave you to it.

Out of order calling  fellow Hearts fans or posters "Rapey " imo.

You can tell some folk are daft by the shite they post, calling folk Rapey tho....

Comparing them both..

:vrface:

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I sometimes wonder if folk can even hear themselves. Grabbing a woman pretty forcefully, cupping her head in your hands as you shake her a bit, giving her a big bear hug, and then kissing her on the lips as you squeeze her cheeks in your hands. None of which she gave any indication she wanted. 

You can tell who the incels and dangers are eh? :facepalm:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Hopefully they throw the book at this winning racehorse owner abusing the winning jockey the othrr day at York by assaulting him in a way he didnt consent to...

...double standards anyone?

Fair, but do you think she should be up for sexual assault using the same logic?

14 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Nicely summed up.  He grabbed her head in both hands and forcibly kissed her on the mouth.  

He's lucky not to be facing a sexual assault charge.

7 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Fair, but do you think she should be up fir sexual assault using g the same logic?

Just from my own point of view, no. But even that I think is kinda the point with these types of things. It's not up to me to decide. This thread is almost exclusively rammed with men deciding how bad the offence was. Women, and Jenni Hermoso in particular, should get to decide how bad it was. And decent men should probably just shut up and listen to what they're saying. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

8 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Just from my own point of view, no. But even that I think is kinda the point with these types of things. It's not up to me to decide. This thread is almost exclusively rammed with men deciding how bad the offence was. Women, and Jenni Hermoso in particular, should get to decide how bad it was. And decent men should probably just shut up and listen to what they're saying. 

I'd avoided derailing after my earlier post but if the 'victim' decides what's acceptable, or not then anything anyone does could be considered bad.

Looked at me and I felt uncomfortable? 

We don't live in our own universes and society must decide what the acceptable norms are, not individuals as hard as that may be for some. I think most in society would say this incident falls on the wrong side, but in isolation not terribly so. It's no different to that video with the jockey though...yet that doesn't suit the current narrative so is actually portrayed in a positive way. Personally, neither are acceptable.

Edited by Taffin

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Just from my own point of view, no. But even that I think is kinda the point with these types of things. It's not up to me to decide. This thread is almost exclusively rammed with men deciding how bad the offence was. Women, and Jenni Hermoso in particular, would get to decide how bad it was. And decent men should probably just shut up and listen to what they're saying. 

I'd agree with you.

You can also have an opinion on how bad an offence is, nothing wrong with that. 

Some people are brutally exploited and some women are horribly treated.

I don't think this offence on it's own is anywhere near what some want to make it ( woman also agree with me), ofc, some folk can claim sexual assault, no excuse, etc and demand all types of punishment. 

That debate is perfectly normal. 

"Just shut up" and listen is also a bad road to go down imo, that kills debate and further divides society. 

I disagree with that philosophy on almost all matters.

The reaction of the fa and his excuses are bizarre imo as well as his alleged behaviour in the past it dors create an image of " not a nice" person and a liar.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd avoided derailing after my earlier post but if the 'victim' decides what's acceptable, or not then anything anyone does could be considered bad.

Looked at me and I felt uncomfortable? 

We don't live in our own universes and society must decide what the acceptable norms are, not individuals as hard as that may be for some. I think most in society would say this incident falls on the wrong side, but in isolation not terribly so. It's no different to that video with the jockey though...yet that doesn't suit the current narrative so is actually portrayed in a positive way. Personally, neither are acceptable.

Yeah, I didn't mean laws should be written necessarily on things women don't like. Even then though, if women were saying they didn't like being looked at, that would be worthy of curiosity. 

This incident seems more clear cut. The power dynamic in it is insane. She's just about to lift the ****ing World Cup and he starts throwing her face around like it's a dog with a toy. 😄

17 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Yeah, I didn't mean laws should be written necessarily on things women don't like. Even then though, if women were saying they didn't like being looked at, that would be worthy of curiosity. 

This incident seems more clear cut. The power dynamic in it is insane. She's just about to lift the ****ing World Cup and he starts throwing her face around like it's a dog with a toy. 😄

It's more clear cut than looking, not so the jockey though. She's the owner of the horse, the power dynamic is the same imo. 

I'm not sure the curiosity of no looking being particularly high. Would spell the end of televised women's football for a start; or worse you happen to see a women behind the wheel when looking at the traffic and it makes her feel uncomfortable. What about blind people, or is it not the act of looking that's the issue? Though, if it's not the act of looking but rather the internal brain process, then it's right into thought policing and just really not practicable.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Be a bit weird tbh, folk would probably ask why Elton John was on the pitch in the first place.

I'd wager Elton John has kissed folk when celebrating an event or success. 

It's not that uncommon

article-2524312-1A216B9800000578-565_634x421.jpg

cannes-france-21-mai-1998-l-actrice-sharon-stone-pop-star-kiss-sir-elton-john-apres-avoir-effectue-pour-la-charite-a-l-amfars-cinema-against-aids-gala-au-moulin-de-mougins-france-t19ehg.jpg

True, but equally gay man hunting other men or women isn't very common.

Women live in fear from men doing what they think they can to them on a daily basis.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

True, but equally gay man hunting other men or women isn't very common.

Women live in fear from men doing what they think they can to them on a daily basis.

If speaking generally,  then

Not all women and not all men.

Some Men also live in fear from other men and women. 

Not sure it's relevant to this tho, history is littered with groups doing horrible things to others

All roads lead to Gorgie

When I was watching it at the time I thought this looks dodgy as feck. The **** looked like he was enjoying all those embraces way too much even before the infamous kiss happened.

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Unfortunately the world is where it's at.

The middle left really need to reign in the far left.

Exactly the point I made earlier. Remember that song by James Brown Its a man's world? Now there are plenty todger bearing " women" that want that to be struck from the records and they spend nearly every waking hour analysing 😅 the media to exemplify their position . There are some on here trying to equate this with rape... WTAF

Edited by jock _turd

WheatfieldWarrior
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Be really good if the player came out and said something like an apology is enough, he was in tbe moment etc, footballbis an emotional game and I'm happy for the situation to be closed

However,  if he is a creepy *******,  then this is a good reason to dig in and play the right, assault etc card and ( rightly) get rid of him.

The incident on it's own really is what you say.

It's well past that though,  she said at the time she did not like it, but what could she do?, he's put out his version which is that he asked for her consent and she agreed.  she said this absolutely did not happen. The Spanish FA have called her a liar and threatened to sue her (Spain and Barcelona's record goal scorer). FIFA have suspended him for 90 days as they are the only one with any power over him.  Spain's whole women's team has quit, again and as have the coaches. The only 2 left are the team manager (who he refused to sack the last time the whole women's team quit) and him, both men. 

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

All Spanish coaching staff, bar the manager, resign in protest against the president.

He's going to go

That would be the manager who he kept in a job the last time the women's  team quit.  (that's the manager who wouldn't let the players lock their bedroom doors, women in their 20s and 30s). 🙈

underwaterwoodwelder
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Hey stop making me like him

Wow didn't expect a reply like that mate. Hand yer sel in now.

7 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Really in these enlightened times ? I doubt it actually but yes maybe if tongues were lashing furiously 😅

😁 if Scotland ever win the world cup, me and you, tongues furious. Would Southgate kiss Kane on the lips if they won the world cup? Quite possibly. FFS it's a kiss is she going to melt? No. Everyone should calm down. Looked like a Feckin yaaaaaaaaas get in there FTH kiss to me, The world has gone mad.

If someone kissed my other half on the lips, in celebration or other, I would have his head. 

He should be sacked. It isn't in Spanish culture, even if that was a defence, to do so.

I am as rational as any sane man in that I can't stand things being overblown - as they often are by nonces who have little testosterone in their bodies or sanity in their heads. However, this is quite clear. He must go and the focus should go back on how well the Spanish Women's team has performed.

periodictabledancer
23 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

That would be the manager who he kept in a job the last time the women's  team quit.  (that's the manager who wouldn't let the players lock their bedroom doors, women in their 20s and 30s). 🙈

The manager that gave Rubiales a standing ovation yesterday and is a vocal supporter of him.

He's toast too. 

4 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

100percent this 👍

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

It's well past that though,  she said at the time she did not like it, but what could she do?, he's put out his version which is that he asked for her consent and she agreed.  she said this absolutely did not happen. The Spanish FA have called her a liar and threatened to sue her (Spain and Barcelona's record goal scorer). FIFA have suspended him for 90 days as they are the only one with any power over him.  Spain's whole women's team has quit, again and as have the coaches. The only 2 left are the team manager (who he refused to sack the last time the whole women's team quit) and him, both men. 

Agreed,  as above several posts and hours ago.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

If someone kissed my other half on the lips, in celebration or other, I would have his head. 

He should be sacked. It isn't in Spanish culture, even if that was a defence, to do so.

I am as rational as any sane man in that I can't stand things being overblown - as they often are by nonces who have little testosterone in their bodies or sanity in their heads. However, this is quite clear. He must go and the focus should go back on how well the Spanish Women's team has performed.

You'd have his head?

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Most of us don't know how it feels to be the weaker sex and have put up with this overbearing male stuff all your days. I can see how the greatest achievement of your life could be ruined by a reminder of male dominance.

my wife is upset with your weaker sex comment and slapped me over the head with a wet fish for bringing it to her attention. 

22 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

I have an inkling that the English Media are really stirring this up due to their sour grapes.  

This

jambogirlglasgow
19 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

This. Good luck in their High Court trials. They’ll need it.