Luis Rubiales - Spanish FA president

Captain Holt

It was certainly strange to watch him grabbing the team one after another and kissing them on the cheek sometimes multiple times. Certainly the wife and me noticed when he grabbed Hermoso and switched to the lips but I thought he must know her better than the rest or something. Have to say we laughed at his behaviour and said it was a bit OTT, then when he got to woman 8 or something that he should maybe calm down or he'll get in trouble! 

Personally I thought the crotch-grabbing at a women's WC Final was a worse transgression than kissing the winning team...but that one seems to have quietly slipped into the background.

I think now it must be about old scores being settled. He could've diffused the situation but chose the nuclear option and now it has all gone pretty OTT. He'll end up leaving so I can only assume he is hanging in there for the best payoff he can get.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• tian447

• milky_26

• Nerja Jambo

22 hours ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

This. Good luck in their High Court trials. They’ll need it. 

Not sure you go to the high court for a non consensual kiss mind

jambogirlglasgow
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Not sure you go to the high court for a non consensual kiss mind

Nope, but that’s where that mindset leads. 

32 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Nope, but that’s where that mindset leads. 

So a misogynist mindset where you wrongly think it’s okay to kiss a woman on the lips against her wishes sets you on the path to committing serious sexual offences which land you in the high court ? 

See for me, this is where it gets blown out of all proportion. Is it wrong ? Yes of course it is. Should he be sacked ? I think the way he failed to step back and acknowledge it and apologise and accept it was wrong justifies that. But is it a pre cursor to rape (basically the only sexual offence you’ll go to the high court for, unless your victim for a lesser offence is a child ) or does it endanger women ? No I don’t believe it does.

It’s like saying that shoplifting a bar of chocolate leads to armed robbery. It simply doesn’t.

Edited by JimmyCant

jambogirlglasgow
46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So a misogynist mindset where you wrongly think it’s okay to kiss a woman on the lips against her wishes sets you on the path to committing serious sexual offences which land you in the high court ? 

See for me, this is where it gets blown out of all proportion. Is it wrong ? Yes of course it is. Should he be sacked ? I think the way he failed to step back and acknowledge it and apologise and accept it was wrong justifies that. But is it a pre cursor to rape (basically the only sexual offence you’ll go to the high court for, unless your victim for a lesser offence is a child ) or does it endanger women ? No I don’t believe it does.

It’s like saying that shoplifting a bar of chocolate leads to armed robbery. It simply doesn’t.

It’s the lack of understanding of and respect for the issue of consent that can lead to the High Court. Is it a precursor for rape? Generally no, fortunately. I think we are agreeing with each other.

Some of the views on this forum are unsurprisingly not very enlightened. A trip to the High Court usually focuses them though. 

I wonder if every player of the mens game who get a slap on the arse when theyve been subbed will now find the strength to complain.

He should have apologized when he learnt that it made her uncomfortable , but ruining someones career seems a bit unfitting of the crime, but perhaps the way he has handled the situation justifies that.

If a woman did that to the men’s team would there be the same fuss? 

Mind when Katy Perry grabbed a male singer on some pop show and did the same thing and she was congratulated 🤣

3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

If a woman did that to the men’s team would there be the same fuss? 

Mind when Katy Perry grabbed a male singer on some pop show and did the same thing and she was congratulated 🤣

There are double standards - and rightly so. Surely you can see that?

Chillidigits

We should get this guy on our payroll. His job would be to kiss on the lips each one of our players as they walk off the park after a defeat. Should the team avoid defeat that would be the only way to sidestep the kiss. Our trophy cabinet would be bulging at the seams.

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

There are double standards - and rightly so. Surely you can see that?

So a man can’t  feel uncomfortable with being grabbed and kissed 🤷‍♂️

Some amount of absolute creeps on this thread 😐 

Desperate to call out imaginary double standards while simultaneously not being offended by the incident. Throw in some thinly veiled transphobia by some posters too. Do any of you actually talk to the women in your life about this sort of stuff? 

28 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

So a man can’t  feel uncomfortable with being grabbed and kissed 🤷‍♂️

It is unmanly to cry about it...

3 minutes ago, DougieHMFC said:

Desperate to call out imaginary double standards while simultaneously not being offended by the incident. Throw in some thinly veiled transphobia by some posters too. Do any of you actually talk to the women in your life about this sort of stuff? 

Nonsense . Don’t think he should have done it but there are absolutely double standards at play. 

Were you offended when Katy Perry grabbed a contestant and kissed him? 

3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Nonsense . Don’t think he should have done it but there are absolutely double standards at play. 

Were you offended when Katy Perry grabbed a contestant and kissed him? 

I was and so was the kid it happened to. Just because you invent double standards to pretend your offended by  doesn’t mean others adher to them too. You’re coming across as a creepy oddball who lets things pass because it happens to a man once in a blue moon too. It’s no a good look.

Just now, DougieHMFC said:

I was and so was the kid it happened to. Just because you invent double standards to pretend your offended by  doesn’t mean others adher to them too. You’re coming across as a creepy oddball who lets things pass because it happens to a man once in a blue moon too. It’s no a good look.

You are way off the mark! I said he shouldn’t have done it 

7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

You are way off the mark! I said he shouldn’t have done it 

“But it’s double standards”. Let’s forget about this incident and move it onto something that happened 5 year ago when it happened to a man so I can have a moan about how unfair men have it. It’s tragic.

Edited by DougieHMFC

12 minutes ago, DougieHMFC said:

“But it’s double standards”. Let’s forget about this incident and move it onto something that happened 5 year ago when it happened to a man so I can have a moan about how unfair men have it. It’s tragic.

Nah you are wrong not forgetting about it at all. I think he should be sacked as was inappropriate 

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Nah you are wrong not forgetting about it at all. I think he should be sacked as was inappropriate 

Then say that, don’t immediately start crying about double standards and bringing up ancient incidents. It gains nothing and detracts from the issues women need to put up with every minute of the day 

2 hours ago, DougieHMFC said:

To be honest was this over an exuberance or some creepy man taking advantage of his position. I think the former! He’s not going to go about his deviant ways on camera. 

Leave the poor man alone. 

6 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

To be honest was this over an exuberance or some creepy man taking advantage of his position. I think the former! He’s not going to go about his deviant ways on camera. 

Leave the poor man alone. 

That says a lot more about you than any thing else man.
He was also grabbing his baws live on tv and is a well know creep

Footballfirst

RFEF has now asked UEFA to suspend it because of interference from the Spanish government. If such a suspension did happen then it would affect all Spanish clubs and national teams. I think that would trigger the big clubs to come out against Rubiales.

UEFA is unlikely to act as they have accepted the principle that the World Cup was a FIFA tournament and any disciplinary action would come under their jurisdiction.

Edited by Footballfirst

Shanks said no
10 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Didn't realise he was the same Luis Rubiales that played for Hamilton Accies in 2009

It explains so much, if I had known this a week or so ago I'd have just shrugged it off as par for the course.

2 hours ago, DougieHMFC said:

That says a lot more about you than any thing else man.
He was also grabbing his baws live on tv and is a well know creep

Na folk need a reality check. Sick of all this woke single fish 

22 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

It explains so much, if I had known this a week or so ago I'd have just shrugged it off as par for the course.

IMG_1269.jpeg

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Times change, you either change with them or end up being that old out of touch PERSON that embarrasses their family

Edited by Smithee

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Please define 'woke' as you understand it to apply in this discussion.

24 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Please define 'woke' as you understand it to apply in this discussion.

Must be the good old days when you could grab your balls on live TV and kiss women on the lips without their consent before the PC Brigade came along and put a stop to it.

the bbc had to change a video they had on their website about this. with 6 seconds to go the footage is not of rubiales but pablo zabaleta

Why did she originally say that she was fine with it and then change her mind?  Presume it was because of the tidal wave of mock outrage. 

9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Why did she originally say that she was fine with it and then change her mind?  Presume it was because of the tidal wave of mock outrage. 

is there any proof that she did say that, isn't that the narrative that the spanish fa are pushing

42 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

The nick of this creep. Hands all over her. 😄

image.png.7e225211666bbcd5b5cf756808b52029.png

His hands are not all over her, plus the player is laughing. Nothing to see in that photo.

4 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

His hands are not all over her, plus the player is laughing. Nothing to see in that photo.

correct

There is a feeling going round that Jenni Hermosa has been set up by "others" to highlight what many feel is an undercurrent within Spanish football. You look at the video, he hugs and kisses her on the check, as others were doing to all the players. It's said she mentions missing the penalty, he says it doesn't matter now, he gives her a peck on the lips, she laughs and puts her arms on his side and walks away smiling. Now if she, for some reason takes offence later all she needs to do is contact him, explain, and ask for an apology. He in turn should give her that apology and the matter is put to bed by two adults. It's all out of proportion and it's that that makes you ask why that is the case.

Edited by Nerja Jambo

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

There is a feeling going round that Jenni Hermosa has been set up by "others" to highlight what many feel is an undercurrent within Spanish football. You look at the video, he hugs and kisses her on the check, as others were doing to all the players. It's said she mentions missing the penalty, he says it doesn't matter now, he gives her a peck on the lips, she laughs and puts her arms on his side and walks away smiling. Now if she, for some reason takes offence later all she needs to do is contact him, explain, and ask for an apology. He in turn should give her that apology and the matter is put to bed by two adults. It's all out of proportion and it's that that makes you ask why that is the case.

A lot of assumptions there. Maybe just me, but if Jenni Hermosa is saying she didn't consent to it, then I am led to believe her. Just because she is smiling doesn't mean she gave her consent. The actions of the Spanish FA and Rubiales after it first came to light made everything worse, every step of the way.

Malinga the Swinga
28 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

A feeling going round where? I presume it's amongst men who feel threatened that a youngish woman had the bravery to stand up to some old perv doing whatever he fancied, regardless of whether he had approval or not.

BangkokHearts

This has taken most of the shine off the Women's World Cup with this continuing farce. 

BangkokHearts
21 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

It is indeed an interesting video. 

Isn't it?

29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

A lot of assumptions there. Maybe just me, but if Jenni Hermosa is saying she didn't consent to it, then I am led to believe her. Just because she is smiling doesn't mean she gave her consent. The actions of the Spanish FA and Rubiales after it first came to light made everything worse, every step of the way.

Let's put it this way, if I was kissed and objected, I would not be laughing with the person, I would not put my hands on their waist and I would not be having the laugh she and her fellow players were having on the bus with Rubiales on the bus. Time will tell but there is more to this still to come out. My reaction would be to stop laughing, step back from the person and rub my hand over my lips.  

28 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A feeling going round where? I presume it's amongst men who feel threatened that a youngish woman had the bravery to stand up to some old perv doing whatever he fancied, regardless of whether he had approval or not.

Well it took her long enough to object. The rest of your post is laughable, an old perv?

16 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Well it took her long enough to object. The rest of your post is laughable, an old perv?

Ah cool, so the fact that she didn't object straight away to something happening against her will makes it alright?

That's an incredibly interesting take.

On 29/08/2023 at 11:16, Shanks said:

It did certainly appear that a lot of people took offence on her behalf. I'm not saying this is a bad thing if a person is young, timid or lacks sellf-assertiveness. The weaker people in society should be protected. I'm not sure what Hermoso is like, but she doesn't come across, based on the little I've seen of her, as someone that needs folk stepping in to protect her...

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Ah cool, so the fact that she didn't object straight away to something happening against her will makes it alright?

That's an incredibly interesting take.

So you're suggesting she needed a couple of days to think about. If that happened to me I'd object straight away. Didn't seem to be upset on the bus either with him walking about and the other girls having a laugh about it shouting kiss,kiss.