Luis Rubiales - Spanish FA president

Captain Holt

1 hour ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Well it took her long enough to object. The rest of your post is laughable, an old perv?

You're one step away from "she was asking for it, wearing shorts"

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• tian447

• milky_26

• Nerja Jambo

On 28/08/2023 at 13:26, DougieHMFC said:

Some amount of absolute creeps on this thread 😐 

Desperate to call out imaginary double standards while simultaneously not being offended by the incident. Throw in some thinly veiled transphobia by some posters too. Do any of you actually talk to the women in your life about this sort of stuff? 

Yaaaas, transphobia bollocks has completed my bingo card.

the posh bit
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Some (I assume) men, come across really creepy in their desire to excuse sexual assaults.

The threads REEKS of creepiness. 

So you're suggesting she needed a couple of days to think about. If that happened to me I'd object straight away. Didn't seem to be upset on the bus either with him walking about and the other girls having a laugh about it shouting kiss,kiss. 

Perhaps she was shocked and didn't make a fuss because it was televised and live, or perhaps didn't know what to do. 

Are you saying because she didn't object at the exact time of it happening, then it was fine?  Did she deserve it because of her actions in the moment? 

It's an odd hill to die on, that's for sure. 

So you're suggesting she needed a couple of days to think about. If that happened to me I'd object straight away. Didn't seem to be upset on the bus either with him walking about and the other girls having a laugh about it shouting kiss,kiss. 

Edited by tian447
Stupid mobile signal double post

1 hour ago, briever said:

You're one step away from "she was asking for it, wearing shorts"

Why did it take her 2 or 3 days to complain? Why was she fine after he kissed her? Why was she laughing about it on the bus on which Rubiales was also on? That's what makes many here suspicious that there is something else going on. As to suggest what you're saying is just stupid and childish. Read my first post and that sums up what I am suggesting may be the case.

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Perhaps she was shocked and didn't make a fuss because it was televised and live, or perhaps didn't know what to do. 

Are you saying because she didn't object at the exact time of it happening, then it was fine?  Did she deserve it because of her actions in the moment? 

It's an odd hill to die on, that's for sure. 

Read my first post.

1 minute ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Read my first post.

Which is? 

Sorry, but I'm not reading back through 4 pages of posts to add context to one which is completely dodgy, and does not read well at all. 

7 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Why did it take her 2 or 3 days to complain? Why was she fine after he kissed her? Why was she laughing about it on the bus on which Rubiales was also on? That's what makes many here suspicious that there is something else going on. As to suggest what you're saying is just stupid and childish. Read my first post and that sums up what I am suggesting may be the case.

You're asking me to read more of your moronic takes - nah, will give it a miss.

vladisacoward

Rubiales should stay. The crotch grabbing was unpalatable and inappropriate. Worth apologising for and then moving on. The rest of it is mind numbingly stupid faux outrage to fit in with a current zeitgeist. Pathetic at best but entirely typical of the times we are living in. Nothing ceases to amaze me any more when it comes to people, usually the weak as pee ludicrously titled millennials, desperately trying to signal their achingly pc virtue. Brainless sheep to put it as kindly as possible.

Bazzas right boot

Has he been sacked/ jailed/ sentenced to death/ put on the list yet?

On the 1-10 scale of atrocities,  where are we at now, last time it was at about 6 I reckon.

I wonder if x amount of £000k compensation will ensure she has a full recovery, that seems to help folk overcome all manner of injustices.

Te Spanish FA PR department have done well on this, good containment and reaction from them.

There is now a video going round of the Spanish team all laughing and joking about it and showing off memes on their phones. 

I'd imagine he is plotting to use this to his advantage in his defence of it all. Only seen the clip once so clue if it's authentic or not. Last I seen on it. 

• 6 months later...
tian447
On 02/09/2023 at 13:10, Bazzas right boot said:

Has he been sacked/ jailed/ sentenced to death/ put on the list yet?

On the 1-10 scale of atrocities,  where are we at now, last time it was at about 6 I reckon.

I wonder if x amount of £000k compensation will ensure she has a full recovery, that seems to help folk overcome all manner of injustices.

Te Spanish FA PR department have done well on this, good containment and reaction from them.

Mega lol. 

Sexual assault should just be a financial thing. 

Grab a random "bird" in the street, do what you want, and then throw money at them. 

Superb. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Mega lol. 

Sexual assault should just be a financial thing. 

Grab a random "bird" in the street, do what you want, and then throw money at them. 

Superb. 

Not sure of your point,  but not seeing the link between grabbing a random person in the street and celebrating a massive sporting moment,  even if it was a bit in appropriate and creepy.

Imo she seen the opportunity to get money and has taken that opportunity. 

The media and imo over reaction helped fuel it.

Rape and sexual assault are not trivial matters, some folks life's are destroyed by them, I'm sure in this case she'll make a full recovery and have no long lasting mental issues.

She'll be far better off financially as well!

tian447
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not sure of your point,  but not seeing the link between grabbing a random person in the street and celebrating a massive sporting moment,  even if it was a bit in appropriate and creepy.

Imo she seen the opportunity to get money and has taken that opportunity. 

The media and imo over reaction helped fuel it.

Rape and sexual assault are not trivial matters, some folks life's are destroyed by them, I'm sure in this case she'll make a full recovery and have no long lasting mental issues.

She'll be far better off financially as well!

You're basically saying that she has seen the dollar signs and is looking to make some bank. 

No one, anywhere, on the street, on the pitch, in a pub, anywhere, should be grabbing people and kissing them. It's not the ****ing 1950s.  Get with the times. 

There needs to be a line drawn somewhere. This clown can be a good start.  

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

You're basically saying that she has seen the dollar signs and is looking to make some bank. 

No one, anywhere, on the street, on the pitch, in a pub, anywhere, should be grabbing people and kissing them. It's not the ****ing 1950s.  Get with the times. 

There needs to be a line drawn somewhere. This clown can be a good start.  

Players kiss all the time and hug on the pitch.

I've seen strangers celebrate and hug and kiss in the stands when we've scored a goal in the stand or in a pub.

I've seen strangers kiss , hug and dance to celebrate many events, most of it unplanned.

I'm not putting that in the same bracket as grabbing someone in the street and/ or the raping of someone.

You can, I'm not.

She will get money and imo recover fully from her ordeal. I could be wrong.

Given the profile of the case, it will be a lot of money.

You may think she is a hero and standing up for abused people all over the world and think he deserves jail for a long time,  and this case will change how many view sexual assault- I don't.

Bazzas right boot
On 02/09/2023 at 13:52, Bainy said:

There is now a video going round of the Spanish team all laughing and joking about it and showing off memes on their phones. 

I'd imagine he is plotting to use this to his advantage in his defence of it all. Only seen the clip once so clue if it's authentic or not. Last I seen on it. 

the posh bit
On 31/08/2023 at 20:17, vladisacoward said:

Rubiales should stay. The crotch grabbing was unpalatable and inappropriate. Worth apologising for and then moving on. The rest of it is mind numbingly stupid faux outrage to fit in with a current zeitgeist. Pathetic at best but entirely typical of the times we are living in. Nothing ceases to amaze me any more when it comes to people, usually the weak as pee ludicrously titled millennials, desperately trying to signal their achingly pc virtue. Brainless sheep to put it as kindly as possible.

Quite an astonishing montage of cliches which entirely contradict each other. Unreal. 😁

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Typical male creep, in my opinion.

Exactly what my wife said, but laughed at the rape/ sexual assault narrative. 

No doubt he's a sleaze and creep in general.

But 2.5 years in jail, comparing it to grabbing randoms in the street or rape....?

tian447
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Players kiss all the time and hug on the pitch.

I've seen strangers celebrate and hug and kiss in the stands when we've scored a goal in the stand or in a pub.

I've seen strangers kiss , hug and dance to celebrate many events, most of it unplanned.

I'm not putting that in the same bracket as grabbing someone in the street and/ or the raping of someone.

You can, I'm not.

She will get money and imo recover fully from her ordeal. I could be wrong.

Given the profile of the case, it will be a lot of money.

You may think she is a hero and standing up for abused people all over the world and think he deserves jail for a long time,  and this case will change how many view sexual assault- I don't.

Nah, not having any of that. 

If you done the same thing, and kissed someone (forcibly), you could expect the Police to come knocking at your door.  And rightfully so. 

The world is moving on, and if you can't accept that, then prepare to be left in the dust. And at your own risk. 

You absolutely cannot do what Rubiales has done. In any situation. In any circumstance. Regardless of the reaction of the victim at the time. The fight or flight reaction hits everyone differently so you can't even say "why didn't she push back".

Usually I agree with, or don't mind your posting. But you are ****ing way off the mark with this. Way off it. 

Edited by tian447

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Nah, not having any of that. 

If you done the same thing, and kissed someone (forcibly), you could expect the Police to come knocking at your door.  And rightfully so. 

The world is moving on, and if you can't accept that, then prepare to be left in the dust. And at your own risk. 

You absolutely cannot do what Rubiales has done. In any situation. In any circumstance. Regardless of the reaction of the victim at the time. The fight or flight reaction hits everyone differently so you can't even say "why didn't she push back".

Usually I agree with, or don't mind your posting. But you are ****ing way off the mark with this. Way off it. 

Fair enough.

Shed topic anyway and not why I visit this forum.

Carry on!

Luckies1874
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No doubt he's a sleaze and creep in general.

But 2.5 years in jail......

........would be a ****ing ridiculous punishment for that specific 'incident'.

Edited by Luckies1874

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

........would be a ****ing ridiculous punishment for that specific 'incident'.

I'm sure if she gets near the £700k she's after, she'll feel better, make a full recovery and his punishment will be less important to her.

Ofc, maybe she'll donate the money to a women's shelter or the likes and really push the awareness of sexual abuse, mutilation and exploitation on a global scale while she recalls her own experience and help other woman open up and recover while ensuring tough jail time and sentences for the rapists.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

tian447
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'm sure if she gets near the £700k she's after, she'll feel better, make a full recovery and his punishment will be less important to her.

Ofc, maybe she'll donate the money to a women's shelter or the likes and really push the awareness of sexual abuse, mutilation and exploitation on a global scale while she recalls her own experience and help other woman open up and recover while ensuring tough jail time and sentences for the rapists.

That is a seriously brutal point of view. 

I'm not going to say anything more other than I have lost a lot of respect for you, not as a poster, but as a person. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That is a seriously brutal point of view. 

I'm not going to say anything more other than I have lost a lot of respect for you, not as a poster, but as a person. 

OK,I'm back.

According to that article above, she is after around £700k. That seems a fact, it backs up my feeling that she is using this to get money,  a large amount. 

She sees an opportunity- fair doos.

If you want a man jailed  for almost 3 years for that incident and you think that incident is on par with grabbing folk in the treet or  actual rape then tbh I've lost respect for you. You are in danger of  trivialising very serious assault and rape to  back up your opinion about this incident being just as serious. 

tian447
48 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

OK,I'm back.

According to that article above, she is after around £700k. That seems a fact, it backs up my feeling that she is using this to get money,  a large amount. 

She sees an opportunity- fair doos.

If you want a man jailed  for almost 3 years for that incident and you think that incident is on par with grabbing folk in the treet or  actual rape then tbh I've lost respect for you. You are in danger of  trivialising very serious assault and rape to  back up your opinion about this incident being just as serious. 

Get a ****ing grip. 

A woman has been assaulted, and felt uncomfortable in the aftermath. 

You think that it's pretty cool and she's after a payout.  You're then having a go at me for defending her. 

Top stuff.

tian447

Nevermind women, eh? 

****ing dinosaurs. 

So for what it's worth, here's my take on the incident.  It's not so much about what Rubiales did, it's far more about how he responded to the reaction to what he did.

He could have come out and acknowledged that his actions were inappropriate, but that he'd been caught up in the emotions of the moment and those emotions got the better of his judgement.  He could have issued an unreserved public apology to the player, hoping that she'd forgive him for letting his emotions get the better of him in the heat of the moment.

Instead he doubled down and tried to defend his actions, putting out false statements that it was consensual and even threatening the player with repercussions if she pursued the line that it was anything but consensual.

He basically dug a big hole for himself that could easily have been avoided if his ego hadn't prevented him from acknowledging that he could ever be in the wrong.

Tommy Brown
6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

So for what it's worth, here's my take on the incident.  It's not so much about what Rubiales did, it's far more about how he responded to the reaction to what he did.

He could have come out and acknowledged that his actions were inappropriate, but that he'd been caught up in the emotions of the moment and those emotions got the better of his judgement.  He could have issued an unreserved public apology to the player, hoping that she'd forgive him for letting his emotions get the better of him in the heat of the moment.

Instead he doubled down and tried to defend his actions, putting out false statements that it was consensual and even threatening the player with repercussions if she pursued the line that it was anything but consensual.

He basically dug a big hole for himself that could easily have been avoided if his ego hadn't prevented him from acknowledging that he could ever be in the wrong.

Pretty much my view also.

Good post

Valois No1
6 hours ago, tian447 said:

Nevermind women, eh? 

****ing dinosaurs. 

There are levels of assault and intent to assault and do wrong doing. What he did was wrong but should be classed as a low form of assault. To get the jail for that is utterly ridiculous imo and to lose his job was about right. 

cosanostra
55 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Agree. The guy is a dick and deserves what he gets. Pretty sure he won't be going to jail though.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, tian447 said:

Get a ****ing grip. 

You think that it's pretty cool and she's after a payout.  You're then having a go at me for defending her. 

Top stuff.

Agreed, although there are levels of assault, this is on the low side.

I don't think it's pretty cool, the guy is a creep and has a history of this behaviour.  He should probably lose his job.

He should have apologised after and been more respectful., he never and almost had to be forced into this. That is not acceptable. 

I do think she's after a payout, as she is- it's in the article, about £700k. I also think she is over playing the effect on her to help her get said pay out.(everybody would).

Your not defending her, your comparing her assault to randomly atacking or raping people in the street and seem to be ok with almost 3 years jail time mentioned in te article,  which is ridiculous and not "top stuff.".

Was his actions professional, appropriate - no

Did he react well after the incident and acknowledge his outburst or behaviour/ appoligise at the time- no

Is he a creep- most likley,  yes.

Should he have repercussions- yes.

Also

Is she over playing the assault to get money- imo yes, it was not a serious incident. You can disagree, but I've seen the video and I won't change my mind.

Is this rape and worth almost 3 years jail time- no

Not everything is black and white, there is a grey area.

Saying he shouldn't get almost 3 years jail time is not defending him or attacking her, saying the incident has been blown up is not saying there was no indication all.

Saying she is after a payout is correct, that is just a fact. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 hours ago, tian447 said:

Get a ****ing grip. 

Top stuff.

You're giving the H1b5 misogynist too much attention.

Valois No1
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I don't think it's pretty cool, the guy is a creep and has a history of this behaviour.  He should probably lose his job.

He should have apologised after and been more respectful., he never and almost had to be forced into this. That is not acceptable. 

I do think she's after a payout, as she is- it's in the article, about £700k. I also think she is over playing the effect on her to help her get said pay out.(everybody would).

Your not defending her, your comparing her assault to randomly atacking or raping people in the street and seem to be ok with almost 3 years jail time mentioned in te article,  which is ridiculous and not "top stuff.".

Did he react well after the incident and acknowledge his outburst or behaviour/ appoligise at the time- no

Also

Is she over playing the assault to get money- imo yes, it was not a serious incident. You can disagree, but I've seen the video and I won't change my mind.

Saying he shouldn't get almost 3 years jail time is not defending him or attacking her, saying the incident has been blown up is not saying there was no indication all.

Good post on a sensitive issue

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Good post on a sensitive issue

Indication-incident!

kingantti1874

Some takes on here. Yes he’s a dick, yes he deserved punishment but there are level- jail? Come on behave

Also, we need to highlight the blatant double standards at play these days.   Women groping and grabbing men is largely celebrated isn’t it, my wife went to the harry styles concert at murrayfield last year and some of the stuff that went on would 100% have resulted in charges had men shouted or displayed the same signage towards say Beyoncé. It would 100% have been national news.  Yet it’s all laughed off. Should Katy Perry have been jailed for this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/style/katy-perry-kiss-american-idol.html

We_are_the_Hearts
38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Also

This would be any normal persons take on it, worlds went mad

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some takes on here. Yes he’s a dick, yes he deserved punishment but there are level- jail? Come on behave

Also, we need to highlight the blatant double standards at play these days.   Women groping and grabbing men is largely celebrated isn’t it, my wife went to the harry styles concert at murrayfield last year and some of the stuff that went on would 100% have resulted in charges had men shouted or displayed the same signage towards say Beyoncé. It would 100% have been national news.  Yet it’s all laughed off. Should Katy Perry have been jailed for this?

Will await these answers with  interest

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

I couldn't have put it better. 

Exactly my thoughts on an incident that has been blown way out of proportion, mainly by his lack of acknowledgement that what he did was wrong 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I actually think these types of incidents trivialise more serious assaults and gives the creeps a stronger platform to defend not only this but more serious actions.

It also gives the far right zealots more ammunition about how woke everyone is and how mad and soft the world is going.

I hate that rabble, but the far left is going that extreme that it's stance on certain issues is now ridiculous and only pushes folk more right. This is happening globally. 

This type of incident mirrors that.

Rather than common sense and decency prevailing,  there are two sides.

He's done nothing wrong v he's a rapist, and depending on what side you choose the other side labels you a woman hater or a wokey!

The truth is clearly in-between, I've been personally abused twice on this thread within 12 hours for what I believe is a perfectly balanced view on the subject.

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I actually think these types of incidents trivialise more serious assaults and gives the creeps a stronger platform to defend not only this but more serious actions.

It also gives the far right zealots more ammunition about how woke everyone is and how mad and soft the world is going.

I hate that rabble, but the far left is going that extreme that it's stance on certain issues is now ridiculous and only pushes folk more right. This is happening globally. 

This type of incident mirrors that.

Rather than common sense and decency prevailing,  there are two sides.

He's done nothing wrong v he's a rapist, and depending on what side you choose the other side labels you a woman hater or a wokey!

The truth is clearly in-between, I've been personally abused twice on this thread within 12 hours for what I believe is a perfectly balanced view on the subject.

Agreed. And it has to go both ways.