• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• tian447

• milky_26

• Nerja Jambo

periodictabledancer

Now the Spanish FA has basically accused Hermoso of lying and is going to take legal action (against her , presumably). Meanwhile the Spanish govt is seeking to remove Rubiales, the women's national team is refusing to play at all and one male international player has refused to play until Rubiales is removed.

And just to spice it up about, the coach of the women's team gave Rubiales a standing ovation at yesterday's press conference.

Stay tuned. 

2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

best solution, womens football , women only    mens football men only   including pundits     as for transgenders?

Good shout. Lets role this visionary manifesto across all workplaces.

Way better than just removing abuse.

periodictabledancer
16 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Ok; I can't see much in that twitter link

Can someone elaborate with a brief post?

The link from sooperstar , above ?

The Spanish FA have ignored the video evidance and are selectively relying on four still images of the incident to "prove" that Hermoso is "lying".

it's  unbelievable.

The BBC has a good  report on the sport section of their  website.

I was watching a program last night (C4 news ?) and I'm sure I heard that some womens rights org have written to UEFA to demand they take action against the Spanish FA over this. 

underwaterwoodwelder

He is a total wrongun.

Weirdo 

Suspect 

His Internet history would be an interesting read I'm sure. 

30 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Not even in the news if it were the mans team imo.

Doesn't make it wrong or right of course. 

I think the President of the Spanish FA kissing the men's captain might get a few columns.

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

The link from sooperstar , above ?

The Spanish FA have ignored the video evidance and are selectively relying on four still images of the incident to "prove" that Hermoso is "lying".

it's  unbelievable.

The BBC has a good  report on the sport section of their  website.

I was watching a program last night (C4 news ?) and I'm sure I heard that some womens rights org have written to UEFA to demand they take action against the Spanish FA over this. 

No mate; my post was before that; basically have no information here and I was referring to the 1st twitter post

I'll give it a Google

Ricardo Quaresma

I see; well, it's not a 'stolen kiss' in this day and age and you'd maybe get away with that if the woman really liked you, but in that situation?

Head on the block; what an arse

doctor jambo

I do t think it was a sexual thing .

But you cannot in age a woman’s space like that , or kiss her - I mean why would you?

He has to go now, he’s finished .

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

The boy played four games for Hamilton Accies in 2009.

Deffo a wrong un then

manaliveits105
24 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I think the President of the Spanish FA kissing the men's captain might get a few columns.

:oohmatron:

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I see; well, it's not a 'stolen kiss' in this day and age and you'd maybe get away with that if the woman really liked you, but in that situation?

Head on the block; what an arse

I got the impression that the guy was "exuberant" and may have enjoyed the hospitality throughout the game. As well as the smooch, there's a story about crotch-grabbing (his own - not the Donald Trump variety) in the VIP lounge where guests included a 16-year-old girl. I'm sure that the press will have seasoned that story to make it read as though he did it directly in front of the girl but, with or without her presence, it sounds to me as though he was acting as though he was on a lads' day out.

How the Spanish FA can come out so staunchly in his defence is crazy. Almost any other public body would be announcing an investigation before letting the dust settle a bit and then either backing or firing him.

I've just seen the "Hamilton" evidence - guy doesn't have a leg to stand on!

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

No chance he survives this. 

Might just be me, but he seems caught up in the moment,  some cultures  always kiss as a way of affection and greeting folk.

First time I've seen this, I thought he maybe grabbed her over or something. 

If it's on the cheek, no one cares.

He should appoligise for his outburst and loss of control, but he's clearly emotional and happy. A quick Google search of " football players kissing in celebration" brings up thousands of images. 

I'd say it was excitement, celebration as opposed to abuse or assault.

My wife and her friend also thinks the same, they laughed at it when I showed them, couldn't believe the fuss.

Tin hat on.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

I got the impression that the guy was "exuberant" and may have enjoyed the hospitality throughout the game. As well as the smooch, there's a story about crotch-grabbing (his own - not the Donald Trump variety) in the VIP lounge where guests included a 16-year-old girl. I'm sure that the press will have seasoned that story to make it read as though he did it directly in front of the girl but, with or without her presence, it sounds to me as though he was acting as though he was on a lads' day out.

How the Spanish FA can come out so staunchly in his defence is crazy. Almost any other public body would be announcing an investigation before letting the dust settle a bit and then either backing or firing him.

I've just seen the "Hamilton" evidence - guy doesn't have a leg to stand on!

Oh, he's ****** it and everyone will distance themselves sooner or later

Tin hat on but i didn't think it looked that bad when i seen the video, bit silly of him to peck her on the lips but he probably just got caught up in the emotion of winning the world cup. The definition of a making a mountain out of a mole hill imo 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

best solution, womens football , women only    mens football men only   including pundits     as for transgenders?

Best solution is not to be a ****ing weirdo tbh.

AlphonseCapone

See all the folk saying it didn't look that bad, it's not really the point is it? It's not a case of rating it out of 10 for badness then deciding what to do. The lassie herself said she didn't want him to do it and was very uncomfortable. End of story man. Why are men always trying to find justifications for other men being ****ing weirdos. Don't randomly kiss other folk on the mouth like that, it's not hard unless you're a creep.

Malinga the Swinga

He will have to go as almost all Spanish women footballers have refused to play for Spain whilst he is in charge.

He hasn't a leg to stand on, he's guilty as charged and he has absolutely no justification for actions.

Rocky jamboa

This seems to be getting blown out of proportion. Looks like a bit of over exuberance on his part and delight that they've won the world Cup. You see male players kissing other players on the lips all the time after goals and nothing is made of it.

There seems to always be these types of woman's rights issues that follow round woman's football, being stuff like this or inequality over sponsorship, bonuses etc compared to the men's game. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Tin hat on but i didn't think it looked that bad when i seen the video, bit silly of him to peck her on the lips but he probably just got caught up in the emotion of winning the world cup. The definition of a making a mountain out of a mole hill imo 

Be really good if the player came out and said something like an apology is enough, he was in tbe moment etc, footballbis an emotional game and I'm happy for the situation to be closed

However,  if he is a creepy *******,  then this is a good reason to dig in and play the right, assault etc card and ( rightly) get rid of him.

The incident on it's own really is what you say.

7 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

This seems to be getting blown out of proportion. Looks like a bit of over exuberance on his part and delight that they've won the world Cup. You see male players kissing other players on the lips all the time after goals and nothing is made of it.

There seems to always be these types of woman's rights issues that follow round woman's football, being stuff like this or inequality over sponsorship, bonuses etc compared to the men's game. 

What equal rights should the Mens game be campaigning for?

the posh bit
8 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Wow. 

I P Knightley
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Might just be me, but he seems caught up in the moment,  some cultures  always kiss as a way of affection and greeting folk.

He should appoligise for his outburst and loss of control, but he's clearly emotional and happy. A quick Google search of " football players kissing in celebration" brings up thousands of images. 

My wife and her friend also thinks the same, they laughed at it when I showed them, couldn't believe the fuss.

Tin hat on.

Couple of things about this:

1. If I were to Google search that, I'm prepared to bet that most of those kisses were immediately after a goal was scored or the final whistle went. You know how long it takes to set up the dias for a trophy ceremony, so can work out that the initial euphoria that might lead to a kiss would have calmed down a bit by the time she's getting her medal.

2. The player, herself, has said that it was not consensual. Surely that has to carry more weight that Mrs RightBoot's take on a brief video clip?

The guy may not be a full-on habitual nonce but, for whatever reason (whatever he was on), his actions are over the top and it is daft of the Spanish FA to have leapt to his defence, let alone threatening legal action against the player. Massive PR own-goal.

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Be really good if the player came out and said something like an apology is enough, he was in tbe moment etc, footballbis an emotional game and I'm happy for the situation to be closed

However,  if he is a creepy *******,  then this is a good reason to dig in and play the right, assault etc card and ( rightly) get rid of him.

The incident on it's own really is what you say.

A contrite apology should have been the minimum whether the player requested one or not. There certainly hasn't been one.

It has now escalated due to them saying (and somehow trying to prove) she consented which is a ridiculous thing to say.

For the president and FA to try to turn this on the player is shameful and the situation is only blowing up on this scale because of his subsequent actions.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Can we have a special section of jkb just for halfwits too?

Go for it 1308
24 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tin hat on.

I agree....daft thing to do, but totally caught up in the moment. He'll have to resign

Go for it 1308
1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I agree....daft thing to do, but totally caught up in the moment. He'll have to resign

Ps. If he's got previous for any sexual creepy stuff,  then that's different.  **** him

12 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

A contrite apology should have been the minimum whether the player requested one or not. There certainly hasn't been one.

It has now escalated due to them saying (and somehow trying to prove) she consented which is a ridiculous thing to say.

For the president and FA to try to turn this on the player is shameful and the situation is only blowing up on this scale because of his subsequent actions.

Absolutely. 👍

carnockjambo

Quite a bit of misogyny on this thread. The Spanish FA are old school misogynists and the Spanish Gov are calling them out for this. She didn’t ask to be kissed, he did it against her will. He has history as do Spanish F A. Old Guys not happy that they don’t get their way. 

Really silly of the man as was his crutch grabbing during the match.  Caught up in the moment and a lack of decorum on his part. The sensible thing to have done would have been to apologise profusely for his over familiarity  and offer his resignation.  Whether or not the Spanish FA would have accepted it is another matter. I hope though that all of this is not going to lead to this stuff taking precedence over the sport it’s self.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah, a bit daft. Apologise,  say you're over emotional, etc .

They've went down a ridiculous route.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, carnockjambo said:

Quite a bit of misogyny on this thread. The Spanish FA are old school misogynists and the Spanish Gov are calling them out for this. She didn’t ask to be kissed, he did it against her will. He has history as do Spanish F A. Old Guys not happy that they don’t get their way. 

Spontaneous or in the moment can't be asked for, that is what makes it Spontaneous. 

Clearly folk have said that.

Most have said it was wrong as well. 

Spanish fa I have no idea of, or his history,  you could be correct,  but to call other posters misogynistic because they think it was Spontaneous,  emotional,   an out burst of joy based on that incident etc makes you sound  like a bit of an arse yourself.

43 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

See all the folk saying it didn't look that bad, it's not really the point is it? It's not a case of rating it out of 10 for badness then deciding what to do. The lassie herself said she didn't want him to do it and was very uncomfortable. End of story man. Why are men always trying to find justifications for other men being ****ing weirdos. Don't randomly kiss other folk on the mouth like that, it's not hard unless you're a creep.

I'm a bit torn on it. Initially I didn't see the big deal, it's not like he's given a big snog. It looks like a display of platonic affection for someone in many cultures. Equally, I do see how it's an issue if it made her uncomfortable and he shouldn't have done it. 

For me, if he'd apologized properly and said he was caught up in the moment and owned it a bit more then it would have blown over.

As an aside, where does making people uncomfortable cross the line though? People make other people uncomfortable all the time and it's not an issue.

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

People aren't really expecting him to banged up like a nonce and resignation is simple solution that he's desperate to avoid.

I think most people are aware he got carried away and did something very inappropriate rather than malicious.

The next step needs to be apologise and resign as it was a clear abuse of power but he's instead tried to show that she consented which is incredible and wrong.

The boy is clearly a complete arsehole and probably a very sleazy individual. So he’s getting his likely comeuppance for a catalogue of questionable shit.

This particular incident and the global press it is getting also shows just how insane the world has become. Really it’s total nothing burger but the constantly offended by everything brigade are all over it. 

For me both things can be true. 

Edited by Luckies1874

carnockjambo
12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Spontaneous or in the moment can't be asked for, that is what makes it Spontaneous. 

Clearly folk have said that.

Most have said it was wrong as well. 

Spanish fa I have no idea of, or his history,  you could be correct,  but to call other posters misogynistic because they think it was Spontaneous,  emotional,   an out burst of joy based on that incident etc makes you sound  like a bit of an arse yourself.

Bit of an arse lol. I call out what I see. She didn’t consent and has said so. Spanish FA doctored a video to help him. She has every right as to all the players to call this out. Guys on here trivialising what happened all from a male perspective. Go online investigate the background to this and see what really happened. It wasn’t just some over exuberance by the guy. 

6 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Has there been any comment from the player. Anybody know her thoughts on it.

Pachuca player Hermoso released a long statement on social media, saying: "I want to make clear that at no time did the conversation to which Mr Luis Rubiales refers to in his address take place and, above all, was his kiss ever consensual."

She added his claims were "categorically false and part of the manipulative culture that he has generated".

"I feel the need to report this incident because I believe no person, in any work, sports or social setting should be a victim of these types of non-consensual behaviours. I felt vulnerable and a victim of impulsive-driven, sexist, out-of-place act, without any consent on my part," she continued.

"Quite simply, I was not respected."

She added that she was put "under continuous pressure" to help with a "statement that could justify" Rubiales' actions - and so were her family, friends and team-mates.

"These types of incidents add to a long list of situations that the players have been denouncing. This incident is the final straw and what everyone has been able to witness on live television also comes with attitudes like the one we saw this morning [Friday] and have been part of our team's daily life for years," she added.

Just now, milky_26 said:

Pachuca player Hermoso released a long statement on social media, saying: "I want to make clear that at no time did the conversation to which Mr Luis Rubiales refers to in his address take place and, above all, was his kiss ever consensual."

She added his claims were "categorically false and part of the manipulative culture that he has generated".

"I feel the need to report this incident because I believe no person, in any work, sports or social setting should be a victim of these types of non-consensual behaviours. I felt vulnerable and a victim of impulsive-driven, sexist, out-of-place act, without any consent on my part," she continued.

She added that she was put "under continuous pressure" to help with a "statement that could justify" Rubiales' actions - and so were her family, friends and team-mates.

"These types of incidents add to a long list of situations that the players have been denouncing. This incident is the final straw and what everyone has been able to witness on live television also comes with attitudes like the one we saw this morning [Friday] and have been part of our team's daily life for years," 

Well done her. He's obviously a dick.

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

"These types of incidents add to a long list of situations that the players have been denouncing. This incident is the final straw and what everyone has been able to witness on live television also comes with attitudes like the one we saw this morning [Friday] and have been part of our team's daily life for years," she added.

Cheers m8

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

He's obviously creepy arsehole with a history.

This will nail him.