*** Official Dundee v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread (merged) ***

Scott Leitch

Diadora Van Basten
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Does boyce need a rest? He looks fitter than ever.

I think coming back from a long term injury and playing two games a week is going to take its toll. He is looking sharp at the moment but think we should still be cautious with him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Clark Griswold

• jr ewing

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think coming back from a long term injury and playing two games a week is going to take its toll. He is looking sharp at the moment but think we should still be cautious with him.

Get 2 goals up then enjoy the luxury of resting players. 3 points would be huge but dundee wont just give them away. I think boyce is crucial to all that we do and we'll struggle without him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seems like we have forgotten this one.

Back to business

Clark

Offiah Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Nieuwenhof 

Vargas Lowry Tagawa

Shankland

4 hours ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

Think it's already become a "must win". 

Get us in a good mindset for Thursday, keep the gap over the sheep and hobos, hopefully a goal or two for vargas and another clean sheet

A must win game 😏.

It's still August and the third league of the season. 

3-0 and a pretty straight forward victory against this shite I think. Lowry and Vargas to both get their first goals for the club.

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Like the look of that team. Sibbick deserves an opportunity to play alongside Kent after Rowles poor performance. Would like to see how he partners with a solid looking centre half. 

Can’t wait to see Halkett back as wel. 

So would I but Sibbick also isn’t a solid centre back. Think we have forgotten his brain farts last season.

I think if Boyce can play he will he is so good at linking the play that even if we got an hour out of him it would benefit us. 

Would hope Devlin and Boyce get rested and put on bench with Thursday in mind. Injury and form indicate Cammy has to start tho. Need 3 in midfield against this lot if we can find them, might look to Halliday or even Grant tho our attacking 3 is easier to select thankfully. 

The Treasurer

No wholesale changes to rest players. We made that mistake last season and it cost us valuable points. Start with the strongest available team. 

You rest players once the job is done (hopefully). 

3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Back to business

Clark

Devlin Nieuwenhof 

Vargas Lowry Tagawa

Shankland

Think Rowles needs a seat on the bench.

Offiah with Atkinson at RB

Sibbick straight swap

Ricardo Quaresma
24 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think Rowles needs a seat on the bench.

Offiah with Atkinson at RB

Sibbic straight swap

You mean

Sibbick Kent Offiah Kingsley

?

Captain Canada

My team would be: 

Clark

Offiah Kent Rowles Cochrane

Sibbick Devlin 

Vargas Boyce Lowry

Shankland

Subs: McGovern, Kingsley, Oda, Tagawa, Hoff, Halliday and Grant. 

I'm sure I've forgotten someone obvious! I left Atkinson out on purpose but would start him on Thursday. I don't see any point in him being a sub when Sibbick could cover if needed. 

I think we need to make some changes but without overdoing it. 

Edited by Captain Canada

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

My team would be: 

Clark

Offiah Kent Rowles Cochrane

Sibbick Devlin 

Vargas Boyce Lowry

Shankland

Subs: McGovern, Kingsley, Oda, Tagawa, Hoff, Halliday and Grant. 

I'm sure I've forgotten someone obvious! I left Atkinson out on purpose but would start him on Thursday. I don't see any point in him being a sub when Sibbick could cover if needed. 

I think we need to make some changes but without overdoing it. 

good team but maybe a chance to give the Hoff a chance. Maybe 60/30 with Sibbick

Clark

Beni Nieuwenhof

Oda Shankland Vargas

Tagawa

Beni is close to being fit. Would rather see him play against Dundee than be thrown in to PAOK game.

Nieuwenhof had a knock so may not be fit.

I would be inclined to rest Boyce for Thursday. Vargas and Shankland to play for 60 or so until hopefully the game is won. 

Captain Canada
15 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Cochrane is suspended

I forgot about that. I'd play Kingsley then and put Wilson or another youngster on the bench. 

Captain Canada
22 minutes ago, TyphoonJambo said:

good team but maybe a chance to give the Hoff a chance. Maybe 60/30 with Sibbick

I've always liked Sibbick and think he looked sharp the other night, albeit he wasn't on the pitch for long. 

I'm expecting a dirty game, so think he might be a better pick than The Hoff. 

48 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You mean

Sibbick Kent Offiah Kingsley

?

Nope 

I mean either

Atkinson Kent Offfiah Kingsley

or 

Atkinson Kent Sibbick Kingsley

or from your suggestion

Offiah Kent Sibbick Kingsley

🤣🤪

Glad Im not a manager

Captain Sausage
5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Everyone the same as last night apart from Cochrane replacing McKay and Sibbick or Denholm replacing Cochrane. 

Cochrane is suspended for Dundee. 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Cochrane is suspended for Dundee. 

Balls. 

Oda in for McKay then and switch up with Kenny throughout the game to keep Dundee on their toes. 

Not the biggest fan of Lowry so far.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Official Dundee v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread (merged) ***
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Would like to see:

Zander

Offiah Kent Sibbick Kingsley

Devlin Denholm

Oda Boyce Vargas

Shankland

Like that team 👍

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I think if Boyce can play he will he is so good at linking the play that even if we got an hour out of him it would benefit us. 

An hour from Boyce every game is better than 90 minutes every second game 

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Clark

Beni Nieuwenhof

Oda Shankland Vargas

Tagawa

Beni is close to being fit. Would rather see him play against Dundee than be thrown in to PAOK game.

Nieuwenhof had a knock so may not be fit.

I would be inclined to rest Boyce for Thursday. Vargas and Shankland to play for 60 or so until hopefully the game is won. 

How do you know he's close to being fit, mate?

4 hours ago, PapaShango said:

So would I but Sibbick also isn’t a solid centre back. Think we have forgotten his brain farts last season.

Sibbick hasn’t had a real dominant stable

centre half pairing yet. I would like to see him alongside Kent. 

I wouldn’t get my hopes up, all. The BBC pundits are calling this a draw, citing that we will be tired and failing to once mention we have decent strength in depth. Ach well, let’s take our point and run 🙃

______________Clark

Atkinson__Kent__Sibbick__Kingsley

__________Devlin__Niewenhoff

________Oda__Boyce__Vargas

____________Shankland

whenever we play Dundee we need to be out for blood

11 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Back to business

Clark

Devlin Nieuwenhof 

Vargas Lowry Tagawa

Shankland

Boyce in for Lowry and this Is my team.

BackOfTheNet

I’m now torn with this one. Before I’d be happy to see many rested today give ourselves the best opportunity for Thursday, but I just can’t see us overturning it and winning in that heat as they’ll be better and we’ll not be as good. So now I’m thinking full strength tomorrow is the way to go.

Strongest team possible from the start, whilst we have a massive game on Thursday, 1/2 or 3 points could be the difference between 3rd and 4th come the end of the season. This is a game we should be winning.

Clark

Offiah, Sibbick Kent Kingsley

Denholm

Hoff        Grant

Vargas                      Lowry

Tagawa

We need Boyce and Shankland fresh for Thursday. Last 30mins for both against Dundee. Devlin as well. Let's see if Kent can adapt to play LCB. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m now torn with this one. Before I’d be happy to see many rested today give ourselves the best opportunity for Thursday, but I just can’t see us overturning it and winning in that heat as they’ll be better and we’ll not be as good. So now I’m thinking full strength tomorrow is the way to go.

C'mon mate; I wasn't happy with Thursday and I know that muir is usually a complete arse of a ref; he's been very card happy in previous outings and we have got to keep our noses clean

We can easily beat this mob and I'm still going to be optimistic on Thursday too

Would you take a draw over the course of the league season if it meant an overall win over there?

I know I would and I won't throw in the towel yet

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

C'mon mate; I wasn't happy with Thursday and I know that muir is usually a complete arse of a ref; he's been very card happy in previous outings and we have got to keep our noses clean

We can easily beat this mob and I'm still going to be optimistic on Thursday too

Would you take a draw over the course of the league season if it meant an overall win over there?

I know I would and I won't throw in the towel yet

I’d take a one off loss (as long as we trounce them the other 2/3 games) if it meant making the group stages. But I’m just being realistic. They will be better next week. We’re away from home playing in 30 degree heat. We won’t be as good. So unless we’re clinical and they’re wasteful, then we’re not going through. Mind they’ve got up to 4 players to come back into their side, including Samatta and Ozdoev who I picked alongside Zivkovic and Konstantelias as the ones who we need to fear. And Konstantelias will have a better game over there I’m sure.

With our away record we are not good enough to rest players as some on here are saying.
Full strength team and a win please and hopefully we pull further away from Aberdeen and hibs 

Get the points on the board and stay in front of Aberdeen before they have even started their group games 

We won 3 away league games all last season. Starting 2 from 2 would show immediate improvement and has to be the aim. 

Have a spare adult ticket if anyone still needing one. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’d take a one off loss (as long as we trounce them the other 2/3 games) if it meant making the group stages. But I’m just being realistic. They will be better next week. We’re away from home playing in 30 degree heat. We won’t be as good. So unless we’re clinical and they’re wasteful, then we’re not going through. Mind they’ve got up to 4 players to come back into their side, including Samatta and Ozdoev who I picked alongside Zivkovic and Konstantelias as the ones who we need to fear. And Konstantelias will have a better game over there I’m sure.

I think we will be better, but yes, they will have 2-4 players that they didn't have on Thursday, yes

That in mind, the line-up on Sunday should reflect the intent from the Coaching team

We've got to go for it as long as we still have the chance on the table

ScandinavianJambo
On 25/08/2023 at 08:25, BackOfTheNet said:

I agree with this and pretty much the rest of your team. Only thing I might be thinking about is players in our team that are more used to playing in hot climates - may want to think about them more for Thursday. As 30 degree heat is not something you want our players to be taken by surprise if we can help it.

Good point about the heat.

I'd maybe give tagawa a start and rest shankland on the bench keep him fresh for Thursday. Lowry and tagawa looked good together against Partick. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Bainy said:

I'd maybe give tagawa a start and rest shankland on the bench keep him fresh for Thursday. Lowry and tagawa looked good together against Partick. 

Not for me! We're as good as out of Europe in my opinion and need to get the points on the board to make sure we get 3rd and guaranteed group stage European football next season 

This is what I’d like to see

Clark

Offiah

Kent

Rowles

Kingley

Devlin

Sibbick

Vargas

Boyce

Tagawa

Shankland

You could argue players need a wee rest but we can’t afford to be off the boil on the league and the season has just started. We have a better squad to cover for any knocks/injuries