*** Official Dundee v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread (merged) ***

Scott Leitch

Scott Leitch

Next Sunday incase anyone isn't aware! 

The league's our bread and butter. Huge chance to build on a decent start in the league. 3 points incoming. 

Sorry Tart, I know you are the women who starts all the threads so I wanted to get in quick 😂

Dundee 0-3 Hearts

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Clark Griswold

• jr ewing

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

The league's our bread and butter. Huge chance to build on a decent start in the league. 3 points incoming. 

Sorry Tart, I know you are the women who starts all the threads so I wanted to get in quick 😂

Dundee 0-3 Hearts

Tart is a guy 

Dundee are getting pumped rotten for 90 minutes and then discarded next weekend until we're ready to play with them again. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

Dundee 0-3 Hearts

Well, you've failed miserably. You've not even put the word "official" in the thread title. Quite frankly, you should hang your head in shame.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Tart is a guy 

I still remember the time when another poster thought tart was a bursds 🤣🤣

Something about tart being in some sort of 'bank' in his head 🤣

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Think I’ll pass a Sunday away game 

Easy journey there, though; unlike some other places.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I couldn't find a seat plan. E-ticket just seemed to offer random seats with no way of checking what section they were in?

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Dundee v Heart of Midlothian - Offishul match thread ***
No Idle Talk

Saw a Dundee fan in the boozer on Saturday. When he discovered I am a Jambo he started singing about Albert Kidd. He was that chuffed with himself. Hope we smash this lot on Sunday.

Edited by No Idle Talk

3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Saw a Dundee fan in the boozer on Saturday. When he discovered I am a Jambo he started singing about Albert Kidd. He was that chuffed with himself. Hope we smash this lot on Sunday.

It's their only claim to fame .apart from a good team in the early 1960s a team that's not won the Scottish cup since 1910 .not really got a lot to sing about

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

It's their only claim to fame .apart from a good team in the early 1960s a team that's not won the Scottish cup since 1910 .not really got a lot to sing about

Time for us to revive a song for the weekend 😉

Dundee Away...

The only away fixture where it feels awkward singing: "We're from the capital - you're from a $++++hole"

Have a spare available for this so if anyone needs one please PM. Can be picked up central Edinburgh anytime before Sunday.

Ricardo Quaresma
10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

They're all like that; they think it triggers us; they think it's their endeavour that cost us the title

If there was anything underhand to give celtic the title, it certainly wasn't anything to do with them, other than we had to get a draw at least

If there was anything underhand then it was to do with the referees' decisions (stonewall penalty in 7 mins or anything after) or it was something to do with the massive co-incidence that the team came down with a 'mystery illness' just before the game, causing most of the team to be unable to play, Craig Levein being the most afflicted by a long way

I've never read of any Hearts' players comments on this 'illness' and most of the players involved seem to be somewhat philosophical about losing the title, notably Henry Smith amongst others

I'd really like more detail on this and I presume other Hearts fans would too

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Apostrophe in wrong place; fixed

No Idle Talk
12 hours ago, Rockwell said:

Bit sad when the only thing you have to sing about in your lifetime is winning a game and handing the league to Celtic. 

18 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Time for us to revive a song for the weekend 😉

I miss that song. 

****ing Hibs for finally winning it. 

14 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Have a spare available for this so if anyone needs one please PM. Can be picked up central Edinburgh anytime before Sunday.

This is still available if anyone looking. 

A team who seem to think they have some sort of rivalry with us . They are always a little bit more motivated when they play us . No taking them lightly and no taking our foot off their neck if we go ahead please Hearts 

Geoff Kilpatrick

**** it! Let's take our frustration out on Nelms and co. Never forget and consign this scum back to where they belong.

Team: Clark - Offiah, Kent, Sibbick, Kingsley - Devlin, Denholm - Oda, Shankland, Vargas - Tagawa

Subs: McGovern, Atkinson, Rowles, Halliday, Lowry, Grant, Forrest, Boyce, Wilson

2-0 - Tagawa and Vargas

David McCaig

Clark

Atkinson

Kingsley 

Kent

Offiah 

Niuwenhoff

Sibbick

Oda

Shankland

Vargas

Tagawa

Resting Boyce and Devlin

Like the look of that team. Sibbick deserves an opportunity to play alongside Kent after Rowles poor performance. Would like to see how he partners with a solid looking centre half. 

Can’t wait to see Halkett back as wel. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Like the look of that team. Sibbick deserves an opportunity to play alongside Kent after Rowles poor performance. Would like to see how he partners with a solid looking centre half. 

Can’t wait to see Halkett back as wel. 

If we want to finish 3rd and avoid the play offs  this is the type of game we have to win

BackOfTheNet
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Actually, I'd rest Devlin and play Nieuwenhof

I agree with this and pretty much the rest of your team. Only thing I might be thinking about is players in our team that are more used to playing in hot climates - may want to think about them more for Thursday. As 30 degree heat is not something you want our players to be taken by surprise if we can help it.

Think it's already become a "must win". 

Get us in a good mindset for Thursday, keep the gap over the sheep and hobos, hopefully a goal or two for vargas and another clean sheet

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

One of those grounds we often struggle at.  Would be good to put that right.

Not many away games we don't struggle at to be honest!!!

2-1 to the jam tarts.

tartofmidlothian

Rowles won't be benched and I don't think he should be, but the rest of the team looks good. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lowry and Sibbick both start in midfield, though.

3-0, I reckon. We need to win these games and I think we have managers who are drilling that into the players. Shankland to score.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Rowles won't be benched and I don't think he should be, but the rest of the team looks good. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lowry and Sibbick both start in midfield, though.

3-0, I reckon. We need to win these games and I think we have managers who are drilling that into the players. Shankland to score.

3 nil,thats some optimistic attitude!!

Screw it why not!!!

I think the management team should slightly experiment with players and tactics in this game in preparation for Thursday. The midfield for me is the issue. It needs to be sorted. Cammy should definitely be benched and rested - maybe given 30 mins I'd say. But who will play alongside him on Thursday - Hof and Sibbick? Get Offiah in for Atkinson - Sunday and Thursday. I feel that Yoda should be playing out wide with Vargas/Lowry on the other side. 

I like the way things are going at the moment. We are good to watch but a few things still need ironed out. 

Diadora Van Basten

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Niewinhof Denholm

Oda Shankland Vargas

Tagawa

rest Devlin and Boyce for Thursday 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Niewinhof Denholm

Oda Shankland Vargas

Tagawa

rest Devlin and Boyce for Thursday 

Does boyce need a rest? He looks fitter than ever.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Official Dundee v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread (merged) ***