*** Official Dundee v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread (merged) ***

Scott Leitch

AC Mallin_51
Just now, GinRummy said:

That midfield man. Bugger me!  18 months since Beni was injured and that’s the best we can muster. 

Does anyone even know what’s happening with beni?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Clark Griswold

• jr ewing

3 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

No one seems to know anything. Very strange the club hasn’t said anything about his injury as was a few weeks ago now 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Cotton wool and nursed by look of it.

Its a long season, just a guess, we aren't going to take chances with players that are not in form or half fit after the initial abortive attempts 

Edited by Lord Beni of Gorgie

8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Our centre midfield changes yet again. Some signings we've made there, a CB is getting in ahead of 4 or 5 mids.

I think Denholm / Sibbick is the weakest combination we could put out. It needs addressed.

Yes, there's still no indication we've got the midfield sorted.  Puts a lot of pressure on young Denholm.  But he's been impressive so far ,so let's just see how things go.

I hope your right but a defender and a 20yr old in midfield, while Devlin, Halliday & Grant are on the bench? 

It doesn't make sense but will hold off judgement til 5pm.

Rick Sanchez

Lyall Cameron on the bench. No surprise they'll be setting up to frustrate us and try and steal something later on.

Early goal please lads. I'm actually excited to see our middle two but it would worry me against the rest of the top 4 tbf.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I hope your right but a defender and a 20yr old in midfield, while Devlin, Halliday & Grant are on the bench? 

Sibbick and Denholm are mobile and energy. 

Win it and feed front 4 is their role, making perfect sense 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

sibbick was originally a midfielder. i think he is a better midfielder than cb tbh

I think the team makes sense. I’d like to see Shankland up top, Lowry just behind with Oda right and Vargas left.

I fear it may be Vargas up top with Shankland behind and Lowry on the left.

Trying Offiah makes sense and I don’t mind the balance of Sibbick / Denholm although agree we should never have been in a position to fielding that pair. It’s another slap in the face for Grant mind you.

alicante jambo

We should have more than enough to beat them . Denholm still young and fitting into first team lets give the boy a chance. Mon the jts1-3 shankland 2 and oda to ram it up these scumbags.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Lyall Cameron on the bench. No surprise they'll be setting up to frustrate us and try and steal something later on.

Early goal please lads. I'm actually excited to see our middle two but it would worry me against the rest of the top 4 tbf.

What the squad is there for. Energy is important today, fresh legs

i can feel it calling in the air tonight lee johnson, i can feel the sacking of the shite... lee johnson. i can feel it calling in the air tonight .. lee johnson.. i can feel the sacking of the shite,,, lee johnson

1 minute ago, daavojaay said:

sibbick was originally a midfielder. i think he is a better midfielder than cb tbh

So do I, really hoping he seizes this chance as I just can’t see him being a regular at centre half. He’s more suited to midfield IMO, hopefully plays well today. 

we need a midfielder desperately before window shuts. will be a big fail of this window if we dont sign somebody that can pass the ball forward and dictate play

23 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Clark should be first name on the team sheet.

Then Kent should be second. Partly cos it's funny.

No shankland is first name on team sheet and there is no debate about that

Captain Scarlett
16 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Is Hoff injured?

I think not. Personally I think the club have realised this guy doesn’t quite “ cut the mustard” However he may have potential for the future.

Just now, Captain Scarlett said:

I think not. Personally I think the club have realised this guy doesn’t quite “ cut the mustard” However he may have potential for the future.

na hes away back to baywatch

1 minute ago, daavojaay said:

we need a midfielder desperately before window shuts. will be a big fail of this window if we dont sign somebody that can pass the ball forward and dictate play

It’s absolutely essential or we are going to struggle 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We need another centre mid. 

Send somebody down to Tesco to see if they have one.  May get clubcard price if we're lucky.

Edited by Horatio Caine

HeartsandonlyHearts

Lowry needs a good game today. Decent against Partick. P!$$ poor on Thursday. We need him today to be in charge. It won’t be Denholm or Sibbick just yet.

4 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

He’s not going to get a better chance to stake a claim at Hearts than right now.   Haring and Beni injured and the Hoff probably has a niggle too (certainty not up to speed in any event).    Hope he does well.  

KyleLafferty

I don’t mind the team but I find it embarrassing that players can’t play 2 games in a week. If any of them have any ambition of going to the top, then they need play twice a week.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, mr fox said:

No shankland is first name on team sheet and there is no debate about that

Whoosh moment there Mr Fox. Keep up please.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I don’t mind the team but I find it embarrassing that players can’t play 2 games in a week. If any of them have any ambition of going to the top, then they need play twice a week.

Is it the players though or the Manager?

HeartsandonlyHearts
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Did someone say they can’t?

KyleLafferty
Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Did someone say they can’t?

Well for Devlin, he should be playing if he’s fit. Thursday will take care of itself. Natty never seems to play twice in a week. I understand Boyce being on the bench.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

We're still in with a shout in Europe. Nowt wrong with rotating the squad.

Just now, Herbert. said:

Plus, it would actually be 3 games in a week.

😉

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Herbert. said:

It’s just my opinion, maybe using the word embarrassing was a tad harsh. But I feel we need to play our best players at all times from the start, we have 5 subs, try and get the job done instead of having to possibly bring players on to save the day.

Good looking First Team.   Close to what I had in mind except Devlin or Hof for Sibbick.   Good to see Offiah start.   Good bench.   Enough there to win.    Denholm should have decent distribution long and short.   Enough creativity in there. 

1-3 

Come on the Hearts! :flag1:

6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Plus, it would actually be 3 games in a week.

😉

Sunday-Thursday-Sunday. 3 games in 8 days.

16 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We need another centre mid. 

That's surely not even in question now. I know we've got injuries in that area (when haven't we got injuries) but that line up is a problem.  Clearly one eye is on Greece but Dundee are shite and it's quite simply a must win even this early. 

Might be one of the main tests for Scottish teams.

Can they keep Lowry quiet. He destroyed St Johnstone and Partick but was quiet in the other games he's played.

In his favour he is still a novice. 

pettigrewsstylist
17 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

What the squad is there for. Energy is important today, fresh legs

Indeed. Time to show. Grant makes bench, i suspect he will get on and chance to show also. Interesting to see Offiah, Lowry central and Vargas/Oda together.

This is actually going to be a real good indicator as to quality of our squad depth.

Strong bench supports it.

Horatio Caine

Craigan having a mare on Sportsound.  Apparently we have Harry Cochrane suspended, and Ian Denholm in midfield.  Bloody BBC

25 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We are obviously trying to manage the squad for Europe next week that's why Devlin and Boyce are not starting.Haliday and Grant are nothing more than squad fillers now.

I do think we need another central midfielder in though.Have Brighton got any they could give us.

Edited by vegas-voss

Rick Sanchez
Just now, vegas-voss said:

We are obviously trying to manage the squad for Europe next week that's why Devlin and Boyce are not starting.Haliday and Grant are nothing more than squad fillers now.

If we get knocked out on Thursday they can leave. I'm sure that's what the delay will be.