*** Official Dundee v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread (merged) ***

Scott Leitch

Think Lowry, Offiah amd Sibbick will come into the team for Atkinson, Cochrane and McKay:

Clark 

Offiah Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Devlin Sibbick 

Vargas Boyce Lowry 

Shankland 

It’s possible they bring in Oda for Vargas given he’s only just arrived but I think his performance on Thursday suggested he’s a must pick right now. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Clark Griswold

• jr ewing

Bazzas right boot

Important to win this, if we do it's been a decent start, be 7/9 ( 2 away wins to boot!), through in lc and beat Rosenborg in Europe. 

Get beat or draw, then it's a average/ poor start, one 1 out of 3  with us likely out of Europe next week.

Big 2 weeks for us imo, 2 league wins and we will be looking good.

3-1 Hearts. 

That Tiffany boy they signed from Partick is decent,  need to keep up with him....he's always running just as fast as he can.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

We won 3 away league games all last season. Starting 2 from 2 would show immediate improvement and has to be the aim. 

Have a spare adult ticket if anyone still needing one. 

Only if our home form holds, you don't get more points for away wins.

We're actually 2 points down v the same fixtures last season having failed to beat killie at home ( we won at st Johnstone last season),  but an another away win would be most welcome and be an improvement  as we never beat utd away last Season. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Only if our home form holds, you don't get more points for away wins.

We're actually 2 points down v the same fixtures last season having failed to beat killie at home ( we won at st Johnstone last season),  but an another away win would be most welcome and be an improvement  as we never beat utd away last Season. 

Fair but my prediction is that the draw with Killie at home was a blip more than anything. They've had a terrific start to the season and we won't play as poorly as that domestically at home very often against the rest. They also beat us at Tynie early last season all be it in the League Cup. We need to be going to the bottom 6 teams and winning far more regularly, I don't even think that is up for debate. I would guarantee Naismith and co are thinking exactly the same. It will make the world of difference to our overall points tally come May.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Fair but my prediction is that the draw with Killie at home was a blip more than anything. They've had a terrific start to the season and we won't play as poorly as that domestically at home very often against the rest. They also beat us at Tynie early last season all be it in the League Cup. We need to be going to the bottom 6 teams and winning far more regularly, I don't even think that is up for debate. I would guarantee Naismith and co are thinking exactly the same. It will make the world of difference to our overall points tally come May.

Yip could add on 15 + points with even a mediocre improvement in away form, if our home form remains a strong. 

The Goalscoring Knee
12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That Tiffany boy they signed from Partick is decent,  need to keep up with him....he's always running just as fast as he can

I trust you're alone now

A game that will tell us a lot.

A win and I'd be reasonably confident we are on the right track for the season. 

Another poor away performance and it could be the same old same old,  relying on our  home form against everyone bar Cetic and Rangers .

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

A game that will tell us a lot.

A win and I'd be reasonably confident we are on the right track for the season. 

Another poor away performance and it could be the same old same old,  relying on our  home form against everyone bar Cetic and Rangers .

Folk are taking our home form for granted, when the truth is in the last ten years or so outside of Bob it was poor,very poor tbh.

He got it to a place were it should be, but it's not a given that it remains as strong. 

I think we can build on our home form as well and take some points of the OF, but it's not a given, we'll do well to maintain our home form imo- it's not a given and winter be easy as Killie have already shown.

If we can do that and win more away then 70 + points ( which is my personal target) becomes very achievable. 

Like you say, Dundee will be a good indicator.

No resting anyone please, get the win and keep going, take off players if we are sitting comfy, think Dundee will make this a slog though, hhgh.

That article on Boyce suggests we're going to be very cautious with him. Sure he will be rested tomorrow.

There are issues to be addressed but I actually feel we have the options for the first time in quite a while.

Saw Aberdeen fans on Twitter this week confident of 3rd which the 'experts' agree on. Happy for us to go under the radar and we should focus on getting Vargas into the game tomorrow ahead of Thursday.

I’d like to see Vargas tried up too, with Oda on the right and Tagawa on the left and Shanks behind Vargas.

Not convinced about Tagawa as a forward yet - would be interesting to see what he’s like on the wing and also what Vargas is like up too.

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Folk are taking our home form for granted, when the truth is in the last ten years or so outside of Bob it was poor,very poor tbh.

He got it to a place were it should be, but it's not a given that it remains as strong

I think we can build on our home form as well and take some points of the OF, but it's not a given, we'll do well to maintain our home form imo- it's not a given and winter be easy as Killie have already shown.

If we can do that and win more away then 70 + points ( which is my personal target) becomes very achievable. 

Aw wheesht you. Give it a rest eh, still bleating on about Neilson ffs. Let it go!

10 minutes ago, longmalx said:

I’d like to see Vargas tried up too, with Oda on the right and Tagawa on the left and Shanks behind Vargas.

Not convinced about Tagawa as a forward yet - would be interesting to see what he’s like on the wing and also what Vargas is like up too.

No Boyce?

17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He got it to a place were it should be, but it's not a given that it remains as strong. 

:rofl:

Absolutely obsessed 

12 minutes ago, NottsJambo said:

That article on Boyce suggests we're going to be very cautious with him. Sure he will be rested tomorrow.

There are issues to be addressed but I actually feel we have the options for the first time in quite a while.

Saw Aberdeen fans on Twitter this week confident of 3rd which the 'experts' agree on. Happy for us to go under the radar and we should focus on getting Vargas into the game tomorrow ahead of Thursday.

Interesting, I personally don't think the sheep will finish in the top 4 this season and would be willing to take a bet with any dons fan on that, they will struggle big time in the league up until Xmas time with all there euro games and demoralizing pumpings that they will get, I also suspect they will pick up some injuries to key players as well and their squad will get stretched just like ours was last season.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Absolutely obsessed 

Feel sorry for the guy, thought by now he was over it by now but evidently he's not 🙃

We could win the league in 10 years time and it will still be because of the foundations that "Bob" laid. His legacy will be responsible for any future achievements, ever.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Aw wheesht you. Give it a rest eh, still bleating on about Neilson ffs. Let it go!

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Absolutely obsessed 

You could debate the content rather than act like a Chimp.

Giving your posting histories it's  Probably beyond you tho.

I'd be interested to see what points you disagree with-

We do need to maintain our home form and add away wins to improve,  or more away wins won't help as much ( or at all).

Our home form imo will also be hard to maintain at the levels of the last two seasons,  although I think we can improve,  it won't be easy. 

What do you disagree with?

I take your obsession with me as a compliment,  but surely you have better things to discuss on here,  like actual football?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Feel sorry for the guy, thought by now he was over it by now but evidently he's not 🙃

We could win the league in 10 years time and it will still be because of the foundations that "Bob" laid. His legacy will be responsible for any future achievements, ever.

Who said that?

You made that up, didn't you?

Why?

A win for us 0-2.  With us resting Boyce

All after St Mirren beat the sheep shaggers and Livingston get a point at the piggery.

It will be a  pleasing weekend

Good points made about home and away form.

Being, up to this point , we are still in Europe, we are fighting on two fronts with players still trying to bed in and players still coming up to speed after long layoffs. My point is, let’s not get too frustrated by performances at this point, and yes, this is a note to self also.:lol:

12 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

I wouldn’t get my hopes up, all. The BBC pundits are calling this a draw, citing that we will be tired and failing to once mention we have decent strength in depth. Ach well, let’s take our point and run 🙃

I saw one online bookie having Dundee as slight favourites to win.

pettigrewsstylist

Lets give Boyce a rest and get some familiarity developed.

Plenty minutes for Vargas, Tagawa, Oda and Calem pse, presuming fit and avaialable. Also a chance to see Offiah having to defend and give Natty some extra recovery.

Saying all of the above, we want these points.

42 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You could debate the content rather than act like a Chimp.

Giving your posting histories it's  Probably beyond you tho.

I'd be interested to see what points you disagree with-

We do need to maintain our home form and add away wins to improve,  or more away wins won't help as much ( or at all).

Our home form imo will also be hard to maintain at the levels of the last two seasons,  although I think we can improve,  it won't be easy. 

What do you disagree with?

I take your obsession with me as a compliment,  but surely you have better things to discuss on here,  like actual football?

As I said - absolutely obsessed and infatuated with Neilson. Very peculiar behaviour from what I presume is a grown man. 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Important to win this, if we do it's been a decent start, be 7/9 ( 2 away wins to boot!), through in lc and beat Rosenborg in Europe. 

Get beat or draw, then it's a average/ poor start, one 1 out of 3  with us likely out of Europe next week.

Big 2 weeks for us imo, 2 league wins and we will be looking good.

3-1 Hearts. 

That Tiffany boy they signed from Partick is decent,  need to keep up with him....he's always running just as fast as he can.

Spat my coffee out at that Tiffany comment 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Bravo sir 👏 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Who said that?

You made that up, didn't you?

Why?

I said that, and I've made that prediction based on your abnormal and completely strange obsession with our ex manager. Hope this clears things up.

Best team possible required this game more important than Thursday winning these games is what will get us third and no need to qualify to group stages next year and the cash and fun that goes with it. Thursday is a very long shot tbh so need to focus what matters.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

These are good games for us early on. Games we should be winning, and which we know we should be winning.

I think after Thursday I’d like to see 1) Rowles redeem those mistakes and 2) the coaching team show more talent when it comes to changing a game if it needs it.

It’s a shame for McKay that he’s injured but not a bad thing that we have to crack on without him. He just doesn’t turn up enough. 

pettigrewsstylist
14 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Best team possible required this game more important than Thursday winning these games is what will get us third and no need to qualify to group stages next year and the cash and fun that goes with it. Thursday is a very long shot tbh so need to focus what matters.

Agree with sentiment. However Cammy has done a power of running over last 2 euro games. Presuming his energy will be required in 30C Greece.

With that in mind i would not be totally surprised to seem him sitting this out, if we truly believe we are wanting to compete next Thu.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

A win for us 0-2.  With us resting Boyce

All after St Mirren beat the sheep shaggers and Livingston get a point at the piggery.

It will be a  pleasing weekend

h1b5 to get a point fozzy?

Thats brave 🤣

Pasquale for King

We had 9 wins, 4 defeats and 1 draw at home league wise last season, no more than decent really , 1 LC defeat, 1 win and loss in Sc, 1 win and 3 defeats in Europe. So 11-9-1 altogether under Bob. 

Away 3 wins, 5 draws and 8 defeats, 1 SC win. 
Definitely need to keep winning away from home, but some will never be happy with the current management. 

10 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

h1b5 to get a point fozzy?

Thats brave 🤣

Aye I don’t know why I think that 🤷🏻‍♂️ as could easily be a defeat , hopefully 

LarrysRightFoot

If we are going to persist with Boyce and Shankland up front - which we should - we need as much pace around them as possible. Vargas on the right and Tagawa on the left should be given a try imo. Ideally we should have an athletic player breaking fro midfield as well. 

1 hour ago, jtkb said:

Just watching the rangers game and they have a bigger game than us next week and they have a full strength team playing today. 

As you say best team possible for this game to get more points on the board 

3 hours ago, Chimp said:

You really aren't very bright.

25 minutes ago, theshed said:

Just watching the rangers game and they have a bigger game than us next week and they have a full strength team playing today. 

Danilo and Cifuentes aren't playing ?

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

These are good games for us early on. Games we should be winning, and which we know we should be winning.

I think after Thursday I’d like to see 1) Rowles redeem those mistakes and 2) the coaching team show more talent when it comes to changing a game if it needs it.

It’s a shame for McKay that he’s injured but not a bad thing that we have to crack on without him. He just doesn’t turn up enough. 

I’m concerned about McKay. Apparently he ‘felt something’ in his knee. There’s a pattern here where Hearts are concerned, and it involves a ruptured ACL and a season out.

Shanks  

Vargas     Boyce       Yoda

Denholm Devlin  

Cochrane Kingsley Kent Chariots 

Clark 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shanks  

Denholm Devlin  

Clark 

That looks a decent lineup tbf.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I’m concerned about McKay. Apparently he ‘felt something’ in his knee. There’s a pattern here where Hearts are concerned, and it involves a ruptured ACL and a season out.

You’re the Doc? He was holding the back of his knee, do ACLs not affect the front? Asking for a layman.

Pasquale for King

Boyce was knackered at the end on Thursday, couldn’t even jump for a header. Time for Tagawa and Shankland to play together and start getting an understanding. Oda and Vargas wide. The Hoff and Denholm in midfield, Offiah at RB or CB. 

25 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shanks  

Denholm Devlin  

Clark 

Cochrane suspended 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, theshed said:

They said Jack and Cufuentes dropped out and Roofe was in, we will make 3 or 4 changed too. 

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Win by three and we go top.

Would rather a bigger score against Dundee though.

That assumes that St Mirren don’t beat Aberdeen. I wouldn’t be over-bothered if they did, taking a longer view.

Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

That assumes that St Mirren don’t beat Aberdeen. I wouldn’t be over-bothered if they did, taking a longer view.

Couldn't call that. A draw, likely and hopefully.