Kingsley

Devlin

Cochrane

Boyce

Shankland

McKay

Tagawa

I like this 👍🏻 

One game vs Partick thistle - but I think Offiah offers another threat from set piece and will be just as good if not better defender than Atkinson so on that , I’d go with him 

Cochrane did reasonably well when he moved into that position  vs Rosenborg   ( denholm

did decent aswell, grew into game but Cochrane edges it for me ) 

Oda was annoynmous vs Rosenborg so woudn’t start for me  - McKay as much can blow hot/cold has bags of quality to unlock any defence.

Tagawa looks very quick over a 10 yard burst , could be a real threat and nuisance for PAOK to deal with 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daavojaay

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

Sub4TiddlerMurray
8 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

I like this 👍🏻 

One game vs Partick thistle - but I think Offiah offers another threat from set piece and will be just as good if not better defender than Atkinson so on that , I’d go with him 

Cochrane did reasonably well when he moved into that position  vs Rosenborg   ( denholm

Oda was annoynmous vs Rosenborg so woudn’t start for me  - McKay as much can blow hot/cold has bags of quality to unlock any defence.

Tagawa looks very quick over a 10 yard burst , could be a real threat and nuisance for PAOK to deal with 

Offiah said post-match that his goal was his first in professional football.

41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Looks a more solid defender than Atkinson. 

He didn't really have to deal with anything defensively against the Jags.  Can't drop Natty after display last Thursday

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

I doubt anyone on here watches them regularly, but I don't think the difference between AEK and PAOK is the same as us and Celtic. AEK have won 2 titles this century and PAOK 1. AEK have won 5 Greek cups in that time and PAOK 6. Not that a game from 17 years ago is too relevant anyway, but I'd say they are similarly sized clubs, with AEK a bit bigger.

Anyway, I'm making an inference based on 1) their spending power, 2) their European performances over the last few years relative to ours, and 3) their squad profile (individual Transfermarkt values mean little by themselves, but squad values generally paint a pretty accurate picture in my experience).  The order of home and away games and the likely temperature over there make things a bit more difficult as well.

My opinion is we'll need to be much better than we were against Rosenborg and produce two of our best performances in years to get through. Doable, but difficult.

Fair enough. 

Definitely need to be on our game on Thursday to take a lead over there. 

Just now, RENE said:

He didn't really have to deal with anything defensively against the Jags.  Can't drop Natty after display last Thursday

You can, but I agree there are risks involved in that. 

6 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Offiah said post-match that his goal was his first in professional football.

Did he not say it was his first headed goal rather than any goal? I might be wrong. I was amazed as it was an outstanding finish.

4 minutes ago, RENE said:

I agree, would be really harsh on him as he has been one of our best players in all the games he has played this season.

Rocky jamboa

I liked the Kingsley and Cochrane combo v Rosenburg so makes sense to stick with that. Gives us a bit of solidity down the left side but they've both got an attacking threat also. Allows us to fit 2 of our better players into the team.

Not sure if Haring will be available. If so, I'd stick him in beside Devlin for his experience and composure over Denholm, who gave the ball away a couple of times last week when he was the last midfielder. 

Got plenty pace to bring on after an hour or so if we're needing a goal and they start to tire. 

I'm going 3-1 us. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
36 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Did he not say it was his first headed goal rather than any goal? I might be wrong. I was amazed as it was an outstanding finish.

I thought he said it was his first goal

See they are signing a Brazilian midfielder on loan for the season from Lazio Marcos Antonio and they are paying 900k for a years loan. That shows what we are up against

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

See they are signing a Brazilian midfielder on loan for the season from Lazio Marcos Antonio and they are paying 900k for a years loan. That shows what we are up against

That seems a wee bit concerning, but he isn't on their list yet

They also have baba, their ghanian defender, suspended for the Tynecastle tussle

They seem almost as barmy as romanov was with their signings, almost :lol:

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

17 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Sorry if posted, Offiah and Vargas both on UEFA Squad list now!

:smuggy:

Excellent 👍 

Italian Lambretta
55 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Sorry if posted, Offiah and Vargas both on UEFA Squad list now!

:smuggy:

So who do we prefer at Right back over the 2 games against PAOK?

Atkinson or Offiah

3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Atkinson or Offiah

Atkinson for me, he’s played well the end of last season and the start of this one. Odel looks a real find but not out under any real pressure yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Atkinson or Offiah

Naismith has so many options for this game. I think Atkinson will get the nod for experience but if he ****s up then Offiah will likely be the RB going forward. 

Atkinson being pied would be the harshest of the harsh.  Offiah has only played once and against modest opposition.  Don't see how Atkinson could be omitted.

FerryJambo81

Think RB is Natty's to lose. Only fair to be honest.

Re their £900k loan, different pennies to our world  Sure read somewhere they have some issues with their owner being Russian, sanctions, money etc. Maybe they have to go down this route? Pure conjecture on my part.

€9 mil in through player sales, spent €1.45 mil so far it would appear.

FerryJambo81
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Atkinson being pied would be the harshest of the harsh.  Offiah has only played once and against modest opposition.  Don't see how Atkinson could be omitted.

Spot on!

Extra points for 'pied' 👏😂

Edited by FerryJambo81

Rick Sanchez

Naismith has said different players for different situations. Let's say the PAOK left winger/forward is a brick shit house like Nouble...I'd be wanting Chariots on :laugh:

1 hour ago, RENE said:

No room for sentiment here. You pick the best player for the position and the team set up

Offiah. The only thing we don’t know is consistency. Was that the best he’ll be ? Can he perform like that against good opponents? Has he got more ? I thought he was superb but it’s against Partick we’re judging him.

Atkinson. Improved quite a bit under new management. Consistently good going forward. Flawed going backwards and struggles vs wide pace 

It’s a hard call and tough on Atkinson but I’d pick Offiah.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Naismith has said different players for different situations. Let's say the PAOK left winger/forward is a brick shit house like Nouble...I'd be wanting Chariots on :laugh:

khaled narey and zivkovic are their right wingers

Their suspended defender is a left back, baba, who chelsea signed for about £20M years ago, then hoored him out on loan to ever shitter, but still decent clubs, then launched him

Ricardo Quaresma

Where were the partick team that nearly scudded rangers at ibrox?

I was expecting them on Sunday, but bitter psychological blow with the OG

Was that team there though, how good were we actually?

Natty v offiah is an interesting one. On limited showing, offiah looks solid in defence but also really useful at corners (in attack). Natty good at crossing and has some speed for attacking and tracking back. Natty more experience. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Is Haring still out with injury?

I think I would start Nieuwenhof next to Devlin.

What about Sibbick and Devlin?

5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If Beni isn’t fit, and I can’t believe he would be, it’s between Sibbick and Denholm to partner Devlin for me. Denholm struggled a bit at this level last week and Sibbick has been there and done it, albeit not in the DM role. I’d pick Sibbick. He’s got pace in his locker so that swings it for me

I get the feeling Sibbick in midfield was a bit of a trial ahead of the PAOK games to see if he could slot into the Haring role. I'm expecting the midfield to be McKay, Sibbick, Devlin and Cochrane, with Boyce off Shankland up front.

I actually think it's slightly unfortunate Grant seems to be on the way out at this point, because I think having midfielders who can take the ball in tight areas, turn into space to make a pass are usually more useful in this kind of game than chucking defenders in there. Defenders in midfield often just invite more pressure because they're not able to keep possession as well.

Hoping Nieuwenhof is ready to step up.

Samatta their main target man is a doubt.  

Unsure how we will line up, it appears defensively they are have some question marks but offensively they are strong so will be interesting to see how we set our stall out.

Maybe a similar formation without our full backs moving into midfield.

Piece of piss. 3-0 Hearts. 

** Edit - just saw last season was the first they've finished outside the Greek top two since 2016. :lol:**** it. 4-0 Hearts**

Edited by Norm

Not completely against playing the same team that played against rosenborg tbh, quite liked the Kingsley/Cochrane combo.

Is Oda fit though ? Maybe start Vargas if not ?

11 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

I like this 👍🏻 

Did Oda not hit the post? 

Go for it 1308
21 hours ago, wheatfieldtosheffield said:

Good point - yes, maybe one day. Not yet though.

I really hope your hero puts 3 past your fat goalie on Wednesday night 🙂

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Did Oda not hit the post? 

He was also totally clattered by one of their players and never looked the same after that.

He never took on their left back that was booked.  It may even have been that assault he was booked for.

3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Not completely against playing the same team that played against rosenborg tbh, quite liked the Kingsley/Cochrane combo.

Is Oda fit though ? Maybe start Vargas if not ?

Team will be very similar imo. I have a feeling Sibbick might appear in midfield to replace Denholm. 

Portable Badger
11 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Craig in the squad.

200w.gif?cid=790b7611hb72hgktqnhvq6jp44h

To meet the 'Club produced/academy' UEFA requirements I believe.

I had the same initial thought though 

I don't think we can go to Greece without a lead so I will take any win.  2+ goals would be amazing.  

12 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

After Sunday I never want to see Sibbick in midfield again.