• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daavojaay

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

Around 600 tickets left (some sections not opened yet) Mostly single seats so I’d guess this is selling out in the next day or so

I'm hopeful that we can get some result here. I hope we have a right go and get the crowd right on top of it the way we did vs Rosenborg the other night. No point in being too cagey and playing for a draw because quite frankly, we won't win over there. Hate to make the comparison, but we need to do what Hibs did vs Luzern. Any lead would be great but another 3-1 would be just lovely.

Rocky jamboa

Highlights of PAOK's 3 nil win today v Tripolis today. For context, Tripoli finished 10th out of 14 teams in the Greek league last season. It was 1 nil until the 78th minute so maybe not as flattering a score as it seems. 

They look a decent team but we've defo got a chance. AEK were immense when we played them in the champs league qualifier but that's like comparing us and celtic. This lot will be a different kettle of fish. I'd be happy with any type of win to take over there. 

Edited by Rocky jamboa

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Need a two goal margin to take to Greece. I think we can do it. Press them high, don't let them settle or find their rhythm.

Totally this. Needs to be two goals or more as they’ll fancy their chances back home if there’s anything less. Keep it tight over there and get to 0-0 at halftime and they’ll start to panic and leave the back door open for us. We’ll need to defend for our lives but play a fast paced high press to tatie them.

It can be done and I’m sure the offer of a decent player or pool bonus should we qualify, could make an enormous incentive to our playing squad. A rocking Tynie on Thursday will also help so we’ll all need to play our part again this week. Can’t wait for Thursday night. 

12 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

They do seem to score in most games and just won 3-0 the now.

2-1 Hearts.

Noticed in the round before Split it was 0-0 in Greece but they won 4-1 in the away leg. Not sure if that points to them being better away or if the first game was an anomaly. 

1 hour ago, wheatfieldtosheffield said:

is it going to be on tv (council telly or PPV)?

Can’t see any information on this. 

Would imagine BBC would likely show one of Scottish teams in Europe this week. 

rangers vs PSV. 
hibs vs Villa. 
HMFC vs PAOK 

Hacken vs Aberdeen. 

Can’t make the game on Thursday so I’m hoping it is on the box 

A_A wehatethehibs

Looks like game is basically already near sold out. Can only see single seats, not sure how big the away crowd will be.

Probably still plenty hospitality which might get released on Wed/Thu if unsold. Think that happened last game 

wheatfieldtosheffield
18 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Can’t see any information on this. 

Would imagine BBC would likely show one of Scottish teams in Europe this week. 

rangers vs PSV. 
hibs vs Villa. 
HMFC vs PAOK 

Hacken vs Aberdeen. 

Can’t make the game on Thursday so I’m hoping it is on the box 

tbh, if the BBC have one game, then it will be the Hibs vs Villa John McGinn show

imagine (I know this is ridiculous, but bear with me) that Hearts have ever had a player who has gone on to greater things at a different club? (I know it has never happened, and maybe never will)

And that then includes being club captain at this big deal new club, where they have just signed a player for more than £50 million pounds, and he is also a guaranteed starter and star in a good Scotland team?

Then I think we would expect the BBC to show his return to where he once came from. 

Totally unknown for how good this team are.  That's the beauty of European football, we'll have to be at our absolute best. 

I'll take a 1-0 win at home, but we likely will need to win by 2 clear goals. 

Shankland (pen)! 

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, wheatfieldtosheffield said:

tbh, if the BBC have one game, then it will be the Hibs vs Villa John McGinn show

imagine (I know this is ridiculous, but bear with me) that Hearts have ever had a player who has gone on to greater things at a different club? (I know it has never happened, and maybe never will)

And that then includes being club captain at this big deal new club, where they have just signed a player for more than £50 million pounds, and he is also a guaranteed starter and star in a good Scotland team?

Then I think we would expect the BBC to show his return to where he once came from. 

Came from Paisley did he not? Very sniffy scent from your post. On fact it reeks of Hibs 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

19 minutes ago, wheatfieldtosheffield said:

Hickey potentially? 

36 minutes ago, wheatfieldtosheffield said:

Honking 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Their number 7 looks rapid and they break with pace. Our midfield against them gives me the fear a bit. Although only 1 of their 3 goals was from open play.

On the other hand if we can get the ball and attack well, their defence didn’t look that brilliant.

We need pace in our team for this game though I think.

I’ve got a heart v head dilemma here re the score. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

I'm hoping we have had them watched a few times and like Naismith said yesterday he will pick the team based on who we are playing and what we are trying to do in the game. This will be tough no doubt about it, but at home we need to probably go there with some kind of advantage to progress. What be some achievement if we got into the groups from two qualifiers that are tough to navigate. 

Hopefully the BBC do show it as I'm sure the vast majority will be highly entertained watching Hibs make a complete mess of themselves again on national TV. 

Craig Gordon.

The fans were brilliant against the Norwegians. Hopefully we can raise the bar again and help spur the team onto a comfortable lead to take over to Greece. Nothing better than a rocking Tynecastle under the lights! PAOK are a great team but I don't think they are better than Rangers or Celtic.

Can we get Group stage football by doing it the hard way? It'll be a tough ask but we have a chance!

David McCaig

Dave MacKay

Alex Young

Craig Gordon

How far do you want to go back?  Dave Mackay, Alex Young, Wullie Wallace to name but three.

More recently Hickey, Gordon

MarkDevriesScores4

Could be wrong but reckon bbc might have the Aberdeen game because they’re away from home. Guesswork at this stage though 

Clarke

Offiah      Kent    Rowles     Kingsley

Devlin    Sibbick

McKay                                 Cochrane

Boyce   Shankland

Is how I'm guessing we'll line up.

I think their main man is a right winger so having Kingsley/Cochrane on the left (which worked way better than I thought!) would be smart.

Either Denholm or Sibbick, who did well yesterday and his pace will be a factor, in CM.

Boyce and Shanks have to start.

McKay can open up defences and pick a pass.

I think Offiah will get the nod over Atty but wouldn't be unhappy with Atty starting either, he's been good this season.

indianajones

I'm going to continue the theme of saying we've got zero chance and have serious doubts only to be proved wrong. 

We've got zero chance imo.

Got a ticket. £20 is excellent. Well done the club there.

Hopefully a noisy and raucous sell-out.

GorgieFifeLife

Hope they show the Villa game.  Popcorn ready to go and sit and watch a massacre.  Villa bearing down on that defence😂.  Double figures is achievable for Villa.  

I wouldn't have minded watching Villa gub them but doesn't seem to be any hint of it being televised, I thought TNT might have picked it up as its an English team.

Game kicks off too early for BBC Scotland. Very poor if a game like that isn't televised.

14 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Highlights of PAOK's 3 nil win today v Tripolis today. For context, Tripoli finished 10th out of 14 teams in the Greek league last season. It was 1 nil until the 78th minute so maybe not as flattering a score as it seems. 

They look a decent team but we've defo got a chance. AEK were immense when we played them in the champs league qualifier but that's like comparing us and celtic. This lot will be a different kettle of fish. I'd be happy with any type of win to take over there. 

That's the Hadjuk Split highlights mate.

Kennyfragg13

Watched the game last night,they break fast and with numbers,looked like a 424 formation.and most off their play comes down the left ,i would play a 532 formation,Clark,Atkinson offiah,kent,rowles,Kingsley,cammy sibbick, lowry,boyce,shanks

tartofmidlothian

Heart says 2-0 win at home, 2-0 defeat away, then a win on pens.

Head says 1-1 at home, 3-1 defeat away.

Shankland to be pivotal. Can Offiah play?

Rocky jamboa
17 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

That's the Hadjuk Split highlights mate.

Ah so it is!! 🤣 they won 3 nil at the weekend as well and I clicked on a link to it and brought up those highlights. Didn't notice it was the Hadjuk Split game!!

4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Heart says 2-0 win at home, 2-0 defeat away, then a win on pens.

Head says 1-1 at home, 3-1 defeat away.

Shankland to be pivotal. Can Offiah play?

He’s not in the UEFA squad list, neither is Vargas, but I believe we can add them up to midnight on Wednesday, although we’ll probably need to remove 2 players to do that (and they can’t be one of the 4 home growns)

8 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Ah so it is!! 🤣 they won 3 nil at the weekend as well and I clicked on a link to it and brought up those highlights. Didn't notice it was the Hadjuk Split game!!

I'd be feeling more confident if Beni and/or Haring were available (and fully fit) to play alongside Cammy. This one will be a big ask for Denholm, Sibbick or Nieuwenhof. FWIW, I'd go with Nieuwenhof.

I think to win without extra time and penalties then the chances are we'll need at least a 2 goal win on Thursday,  more likely 3.  The 2nd leg is likely to be a similar task to that of our matches in Florence and Istanbul.  That kind of standard.  But today's team is potentially better than the depleted team then.

I'll take an odd goal win to have a chance.  Anything's possible.