Naismith and his merry band oot !

jock _turd

It was a terrible appointment imo but it's far too early for this. May be egg on the face of many but we've done it now and need to hope it comes good.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Nerja Jambo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

37 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

It was mentioned on Sportsound that Killie have played 9 (nine) competitive games, this was acknowledged as being a big plus for them. Couple that with us having new arrivals yet to bed in and today was always going to be a grind...

If we want to consider ourselves third biggest/best club in Scotland then we have to stop with these type of excuses and have players/management who will match the expectations of the club.

This isn't a go at your post...but we need to be more rutheless in our expectations and stop making excuses.

WheatfieldWarrior
19 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The recruitment was too slow.

The pre season was crap.

Other teams look miles ahead of us in fitness and sharpness.

Tactically we look clueless.

Team selection looked good on paper but it became very apparent very early that because we couldn't match Kilmarnocks energy levels we couldn't take control of the game. 

I'm not shouting sack the management team or making any stupid knew jerk reactions after 3 games but I'm standing by what I've said all along. I'm not convinced we've made the right decisions with our coaches and management. I think this whole summer has been poor.

This is more or less where I'm at. 

I would add that the quality of play hasn't improved vs the Neilson era and today was eye-bleeding stuff, not the attacking football that many hoped that Naismith would bring.

Tactically today, outfoxed by an experienced manager in McInnes, but I would say that the positives are 2 clean sheets in league as well as 4 pts from 1 home and 1 away game isn't terrible (though should have been 6) and of course Aberdeen and Hibs have both started poorly.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

8 league games, only 2 defeats plus a 2-1 defeat away to a regular Champions League team doesn’t look too bad, especially taking into account 3 red cards.  A significant improvement on the shambles he took over.

Also very harsh to pin the Hibs defeat on SN - the run we were on we would’ve been struggling at Albion Rovers that day under Neilson. 

Keep looking on the negatives though.  Could be much worse, could be sitting pointless at the bottom of the league like Hibs. 

Agree with part of your post but not sure it’s been a significant improvement overall on the previous regime. Some games have been much better(county and Aberdeen), however, generally speaking many of the same issues that were there before, are still evident. By that I’m referring to things like having plenty of the ball but lack of doing anything good with it, centre midfielders generally being crap and very little involvement/link up play with forwards (Boyce will help this massively). Onwards and upwards certainly but have some concerns so far.

5 minutes ago, Mort said:

Agree with part of your post but not sure it’s been a significant improvement overall on the previous regime. Some games have been much better(county and Aberdeen), however, generally speaking many of the same issues that were there before, are still evident. By that I’m referring to things like having plenty of the ball but lack of doing anything good with it, centre midfielders generally being crap and very little involvement/link up play with forwards (Boyce will help this massively). Onwards and upwards certainly but have some concerns so far.

The red cards kind of muddy the water a wee bit. We would have beaten Hibs easily on the last game of the season and were competing well with Celtic.  Small margins I suppose but regardless of that we’ve been pretty shit this season and not just today. Back on a positive note, we have played well in wee spells during games and I’m sure we’ll improve. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

We were poor today but for God's sake to be talking about sacking a manager after 2 league games and one game in Europe is just plain crazy !! 

33 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

No, what is apparent here is that there a few absolute flucking roasters/H1b5/Incels on here who get extremely cheap thrills by posting  complete and utter shite to make themselves feel important or special. 

Seriously FFS

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It was a terrible appointment imo but it's far too early for this. May be egg on the face of many but we've done it now and need to hope it comes good.

This.

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We were poor today but for God's sake to be talking about sacking a manager after 2 league games and one game in Europe is just plain crazy !! 

Your post is crazy mate I can’t see anyone calling for any heads just a severe improvement on today which will not be hard 

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

8 league games, only 2 defeats plus a 2-1 defeat away to a regular Champions League team doesn’t look too bad, especially taking into account 3 red cards.  A significant improvement on the shambles he took over.

Rosenborg haven't been in the champions league in about 15 year.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Your post is crazy mate I can’t see anyone calling for any heads just a severe improvement on today which will not be hard 

The op is calling for the manager to be sacked buddy , it's crazy after games 

Clerry Jambo
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The op is calling for the manager to be sacked buddy , it's crazy after games 

My apologies bud didn’t read op fully obviously. Ofcourse too early to be calling for change but just didn’t expect that performance today from a Naisy side.

Just now, Armageddon said:

To be fair to the Hobbits here, I'm over there causing chaos :)

Get in there, good lad :laugh:

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

My apologies bud didn’t read op fully obviously. Ofcourse too early to be calling for change but just didn’t expect that performance today from a Naisy side.

Yeah very poor today there's no doubting that 

I think it's fair to say the promising style of play we seen in the last 6 games of last season hasn't been replicated so far this season.

We've looked more like a Robbie Neilson team imo.

The only constant since the Neilson sacking is Forrest, dunno if that has any relevance or not tbh.

Bazzas right boot

Imagine being an adult and after a 0-0 draw in the 2nd game of the  season jumping on here and starting  a thread to sack awbody.

nintchdbpict000311256389.jpg

By The Light..
3 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Never too early for a thread like this. We have not moved on and we need a manager pronto ! The managerial position at Hearts over the last few years has become a sorry sad comedy. What is wrong with the board and our club that the could not hire a half decent manager... are we that bad a club that we did not attract anybody with some decent managerial experience ?

your username suits you

away and chuck shite at yerself

I'm going to start a JKB Bingo for the next game. 

I'll put together cards, each slightly different with a handful of the usual posters names on them. In order to score, that poster just needs to start a ridiculous postmatch thread.

First to a full house wins.  You'll probably have to be quick to claim your prize because no doubt everyone will end up with a full house. 

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

I'm going to start a JKB Bingo for the next game. 

I'll put together cards, each slightly different with a handful of the usual posters names on them. In order to score, that poster just needs to start a ridiculous postmatch thread.

First to a full house wins.  You'll probably have to be quick to claim your prize because no doubt everyone will end up with a full house. 

I get that man and as I’ve said some comments are OTT. I do wonder when it’s ok to seriously question the performances. For me it’s not so far away but agree it’s too early right now. 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

😅Why would you get a ban for  saying that ? Every arsehole has an opinion and you as an arsehole have made yours 😅😅😅 Let arsehole be arseholes is what I say.

Well you know what comes out of arseholes mate....turds....and you certainly are one🙂

Jock-Turd...Jack-Shit, C'mon your better than this. Put this under your pillow, mate, Natural Order is a constant here...:thumbsup:

Screenshot (38).png

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

😅Why would you get a ban for  saying that ? Every arsehole has an opinion and you as an arsehole have made yours 😅😅😅 Let arsehole be arseholes is what I say.

I will take a ban too. Your an arsehole

1 hour ago, Gards said:

If we want to consider ourselves third biggest/best club in Scotland then we have to stop with these type of excuses and have players/management who will match the expectations of the club.

This isn't a go at your post...but we need to be more rutheless in our expectations and stop making excuses.

Fair and balanced comments. Well said.👏

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Gards said:

No excuses from me, however, the point is valid.

4 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Never too early for a thread like this. We have not moved on and we need a manager pronto ! The managerial position at Hearts over the last few years has become a sorry sad comedy. What is wrong with the board and our club that the could not hire a half decent manager... are we that bad a club that we did not attract anybody with some decent managerial experience ?

:vrface:

3 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

Little snowflake doesn’t like what he hears so just comes out with the usual hibs fan shit. 

Away back to flipping burgers you tink

1 hour ago, Valois No1 said:

That may be your take but it’s an uneducated take based on feelings and emotions. You would fit in in Iceland or Antarctica. Plenty snowflakes there. Hope you’re ok hun. Pm me chick 

:rofl:

The performance today was garbage and the main problem was with the tactics and pace/intensity we played with. Those things lie at the manager's door. I don't feel there is much point discussing individual performances today, because it was a collective failing. Naismith is certainly not living up to some of the expectations some posters had for him, but then those expectations were way over the top. Hopefully he gets his tactics sorted ASAP and starts to oversee significantly better performances.

All that said, it is ridiculous to be anywhere close to be calling for him to be sacked.

Equally ridiculous are some of the posts excusing Naismith's role in this. I've seen people suggesting it is the older coaches constraining Naismith, or it is the coaches that are below par, or even the style of play is down to Neilson ingraining it in the players. All ridiculous. The fault for today lies squarely with Naismith.

Bungalow Bill

I do get frustrated with comments like this from Naismith:

it's early in the season. It's a time where players are coming in, getting used to a system. Within a month we'll be up to speed and the boys will be sharp”

What’s pre-season for? Burley put together a team in less than 10 days who absolutely smashed it. 

We should always be better than Kilmarnock. 

Edited by Bungalow Bill

3 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

it's early in the season. It's a time where players are coming in, getting used to a system. Within a month we'll be up to speed and the boys will be sharp”

What’s pre-season for? Burley put together a team in less than 10 days who absolutely smashed it. 

I think Burley had a slightly better crop of players, to be fair. It's not like this squad has Uefa cup winners, Champions league winners and European Championship winners. 

Dick Dastardly
2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Do you have a little bit of an anal fixation? 

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

Little snowflake doesn’t like what he hears so just comes out with the usual hibs fan shit. 

Away back to flipping burgers you tink

Ooh, hard man. I bet everyone is crapping themselves when you turn up at the playground. 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Bungalow Bill
Just now, Norm said:

I think Burley had a slightly better crop of players, to be fair. It's not like this squad has Uefa cup winners, Champions league winners and European Championship winners. 

He did. And what you’ve said is the first thing I’d counter with. He did have better players, no question. My point is really this whole, we need another month. Teams can hit the ground running though. 

We’ve only beaten Kilmarnock once at Tynecastle since 2016, Kilmarnock! Bloody Kilmarnock. We should be miles better than teams like Kilmarnock in my opinion. 

Finlay James

Can’t believe I’m giving this thread the attention it craves.

We’re unbeaten, we’ve conceded no goals, we have a chance to progress in Europe and we have academy prospects being integrated into the team.

The players we are signing will soon gel with a few tweaks and we will easily finish 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

That statement is as poor as coming in and saying 3rd place isn't the be all and end all last season. It really should have been. Now we absolutely don't have a month to get up to speed and be sharp. Not liking this tendency for making excuses for himself. So much for the claims that Naismith was going to demand nothing but the highest standards.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

That statement is as poor as coming in and saying 3rd place isn't the be all and end all last season. It really should have been. Now we absolutely don't have a month to get up to speed and be sharp. Not liking this tendency for making excuses for himself. So much for the claims that Naismith was going to demand nothing but the highest standards.

Load of shite.

Common sense dictates that new players weeks in the door and injured players just returning will take a few weeks to gel and get up to speed.

It's nothing to do with demands, excuses or standards, just common sense.

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Our pre season schedule was poorly managed in my opinion. So if we get knocked out of europe, the league cup and drop more points in the league then that can all be put down to us not being quite ready in time. Kilmarnock deserved to win that game today. Why were they ready?

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Load of shite.

Common sense dictates that new players weeks in the door and injured players just returning will take a few weeks to gel and get up to speed.

I think your views are a load of shite too.

8 out of the starting 11 were not new signings and were not returning from injury. So what excuse are you giving them for not being sharp or up to speed? Rhetorical question. You will excuse everything and anything. One of the dullest posters on the board as you have one setting - defend everything.

Bungalow Bill
23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Load of shite.

Common sense tells me that the European qualifying starts early and we should be ready.