Naismith and his merry band oot !

jock _turd

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

I was for Naismith as didn't see the difference between him and someone from the usual managerial merry go-round. 

Hands up looks like I was very wrong. 

We're a shambles. 

This is the boat I’m in.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Nerja Jambo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

best in the land
Just now, BlueRiver said:

I was for Naismith as didn't see the difference between him and someone from the usual managerial merry go-round. 

We're a shambles. 

Was disappointed we went for Naismith from the start.

Needed experience and not the cheap gamble.

This is the same board that believe we have 7k people in a queue for a season ticket BTW so don't expect action anytime soon. 

The three of them should be emptied immediately. 

Till the board goes there will be absolutely no difference to the issues surrounding the club on the playing field 

100% the problem eminate from the board, until they are replaced we will always have problems on the field 

They’ve absolutely no football knowledge 

4 points from what should have been 12. Even the win was a poor performance from us. Eye bleeding football in all games apart from the Rosenborg one. Hardly ever testing a keeper. Slow, boring, mundane and unimaginative shite. 

Edited by Jaap's Sigh

We dropped 5 points at home to non-OF teams in the entirety of last season and have already dropped the same amount in 2 games so far. The squad isn't perfect, but it's at least as good as last season's imo. The problem is the tactics are non-existent.

He doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Selects line-ups that anyone can see won't work then has to make a host of changes at half-time, which are never effective. At least when a new manager comes in you are looking for some sign of a style of play. We have none.

He's just in the door so we're probably stuck with this for a while, unfortunately. The board made a big call in sacking Neilson when they did and won't want to lose face.

Victor Meldrew

It gives me no satisfaction to have thought from the outset that this was going to be a disaster and now to have been proved right.

The B team manager and a failed Preston boss were never going to be the ones to take us up a level - indeed, they're taking us down.

The responsibility lies with the Board - time after time they've made poor decisions as to the appointment of managers. That needs to change.

ToadKiller Dog
9 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Btw would take kettle 

Just listened to him ,summed up the game perfectly and sensibily ,not saying I would want him but tactically streets ahead ,unbeaten away in 8 games .

Can't see us doing a run of one at this point.

Selkirkhmfc1874

These all need removed from our football club , Andrew McKinlay , Joe Savage , Frankie McAvoy and Gordon Forrest.

Get a proper experienced football manager in along with his own coaching team and if Naisey happy to work within that then fine and if not bye bye because we're far too big a club for amateurish experiments.

We have no discernible style. We are playing players where they shouldn’t and not to their strengths. This squad is more than capable of getting 12 out of 12 in our opening games, but the management and tactics deployed obviously are not. Simply not good enough and there can be no complaints if they get let go at this point.

48 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

We're a shambles. 

Yeah I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong as well. Was mostly for him getting the job.

What I'll say though is that we thought he'd actually get the job, not a 'management team'. I stupidly believed what he said about playing attacking football as well, what we've got is just the continuation of Neilson.

Club is turning into a laughing stock.

alicante jambo
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

These all need removed from our football club , Andrew McKinlay , Joe Savage , Frankie McAvoy and Gordon Forrest.

Get a proper experienced football manager in along with his own coaching team and if Naisey happy to work within that then fine and if not bye bye because we're far too big a club for amateurish experiments.

Spot on mate throw in 5 or 6 of our players too.

The board wont sack this lot after 4 league games, they wont want to lose face, the experiment isn’t working though, we are in big bother.

Edited by gordiegords

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

This is the same board that believe we have 7k people in a queue for a season ticket BTW so don't expect action anytime soon. 

The three of them should be emptied immediately. 

That figure. 

:rofl:

On 29/08/2023 at 20:17, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Naismith should eventually be leaving for a huge club, probably starting with a top end english championship or quite possibly a lower EPL club

He'll be lucky to see the Autumn. 

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Till the board goes there will be absolutely no difference to the issues surrounding the club on the playing field 

100% the problem eminate from the board, until they are replaced we will always have problems on the field 

They’ve absolutely no football knowledge 

Not only that, they don't want to learn, or take advice from people who do.

The White Cockade

Looks like Robbie wasn’t the problem 

move no idea what actually is the problem but I have moved out of the happy clapper society

the club is a total shambles and the fans are being taken for fools 

We have donated millions to the club and the team is now worse than Lockie’s admin kids team 

where are the updates from the chief exec / board ?

we’ve heard nothing from them

since the appointed Naismith as head coach and even that turned out not to be the case

I enjoyed the dross of the 70’s far more than the last couple of seasons underachieving gutless non events

Shanks will be telling his agent to get him out of here fast a 30 goal a season striker having to bust a gut as a midfield ball winner 

What is going on!!!!

i’ll be watching Bonnyrigg Rose every week at this rate 

Edited by The White Cockade

GorgieFifeLife

For a number of years now we have been just far too soft as a club.  Board, management, players and also fans are too wiling to accept mediocrity.  We don’t have enough nasty characters about the club.   The team is missing that in all areas.  I’ve even read things from fans on here that Scott Brown is a big bully🤦🏻.  It’s embarrassing as that is the kind of character we need, a nasty piece of work on the pitch who plays to win.  Our recruitment has failed over a number of years to get this type as it seems we are only targeting nice characters.  We are as weak as piss.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

He'll be lucky to see the Autumn. 

You quoted a post from 6 days ago? How'd you even find that? 🤔

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You quoted a post from 6 days ago? How'd you even find that? 🤔

Look back 6 days. 

6 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

It gives me no satisfaction to have thought from the outset that this was going to be a disaster and now to have been proved right.

The B team manager and a failed Preston boss were never going to be the ones to take us up a level - indeed, they're taking us down.

The responsibility lies with the Board - time after time they've made poor decisions as to the appointment of managers. That needs to change.

Said this just before the announcement in the summer was ridiculed for it anyone who thought the b team manager who finished bottom half of the 5th tier scottish football could/ should be leading this club forward need to have a long look at themselves and that goes for board and fans who went along with this embarrassment, certain fans and board members undervalued the club and now we're seeing the results and feeling the effects.(or is it feeling the results and seeing the effects).

15 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

We're a shambles. 

And the thing which I can see happening is if Naisy gets booted then Mcavoy steps in 

15 hours ago, DC_92 said:

We dropped 5 points at home to non-OF teams in the entirety of last season and have already dropped the same amount in 2 games so far. The squad isn't perfect, but it's at least as good as last season's imo. The problem is the tactics are non-existent.

He doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Selects line-ups that anyone can see won't work then has to make a host of changes at half-time, which are never effective. At least when a new manager comes in you are looking for some sign of a style of play. We have none.

He's just in the door so we're probably stuck with this for a while, unfortunately. The board made a big call in sacking Neilson when they did and won't want to lose face.

Nitpick but we dropped 7 last season: Livi, St Mirren, Hibs.