Naismith and his merry band oot !

jock _turd

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I had to start this thread because it could actually happen and I wanted to be the creator of the "get him oot thread"  😅 Having said that I have told no lies.  We are no better than we were under Robbie and these guys running the team have a mountain to climb to get anywhere near Robbie's standard . I think that is a fair assessment to be honest.

Unbeaten in the league and 2 clean sheets, you’re right, they have a long way to go to plumb the depths of losing 7 games in a row or whatever it was.   

This squad doesn’t look ready yet for the new season and no doubt the new signings arriving so late hasn’t helped.  But let’s not wet our pants until they’ve had several games to gel.  Today was shite but I’m still optimistic we get back to the performances we saw against Ross County, Aberdeen and Celtic prior to the red card in the last 6 games last season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Nerja Jambo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Fact is there are people who will never ever be happy, no matter if we appointed Pep and Fergie

These people are only ever happy when they have something to complain and rant about 

Best Ignored 

yup.  Happily sit quietly when things go well.  And we play well.  Incapable of calling the good with the bad

not hearts fans, eithet hibs or snakes 🐍 

Edited by kingantti1874

manaliveits105
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

yup.  Happily sit quietly when things go well.  And we play well.  Incapable of calling the good with the baddies 

not hearts fans, eithet hibs or snakes 🐍 

Indeed 

It really doesn't matter who's in charge performances like are not good enough. It wasn't as though we battered them playing a brand of exciting football and we were unlucky on the day, we were the complete opposite of that.

I was hoping for a new dawn but looks like same old same old.

32 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Lmao...2-1 away 1st leg in Europe is a good result and that's undeniable. 

Do I think it's the right managerial pair? Who knows time will tell.

We're unbeaten in league so let's not start the amateur dramatics just yet. 

Edit:

Just realised you're a hibs fan haha

Little snowflake doesn’t like what he hears so just comes out with the usual hibs fan shit. 

Away back to flipping burgers you tink

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, feej said:

It really doesn't matter who's in charge performances like are not good enough. It wasn't as though we battered them playing a brand of exciting football and we were unlucky on the day, we were the complete opposite of that.

I think we're a little behind schedule, mate

They came here happy for a point and reeked of that

We will find our rhythym, soon

1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Never too early for a thread like this. We have not moved on and we need a manager pronto ! The managerial position at Hearts over the last few years has become a sorry sad comedy. What is wrong with the board and our club that the could not hire a half decent manager... are we that bad a club that we did not attract anybody with some decent managerial experience ?

The current management set up certainly hasn't bought it's self much time even this early on. Performances have been dire so far and as for that today I'm lost for words. Whilst calling for heads at this early stage is ludicrous another couple of performances like today and the drums will be banging. 

Leveins Battalion

I'm neither here nor there with Naismith but that was a very Robbie Neilson like performance today.

Apart from the Ross County game I'm yet yo see this high intensity that folk on here bang on about.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

None so blind as those who can not see!

Have you read the thread you have so eloquently commented on. 

I despair 

We can all see an acknowledge poor performances like today.

You can’t see that we can’t call for the head of a manager based on an average start to the season. 

you can’t see that it’s a moronic position take. You can’t see that there are 2 teams on the pitch and occasionally they will do a number on us. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm neither here nor there with Naismith but that was a very Robbie Neilson like performance today.

Apart from the Ross County game I'm yet yo see this high intensity that folk on here bang on about.

agreed.  And if it continues for an extended period.  We have an issue .

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Mort said:

Great chance to start the season on a high given the favourable fixtures, yet we’ve been subject to back to back turgid performances (Thursday and today). Naismiths record of 3 wins in 10 (?) is not a very favourable one at this stage, although of course a long way to go. Major improvement needed.

8 league games, only 2 defeats plus a 2-1 defeat away to a regular Champions League team doesn’t look too bad, especially taking into account 3 red cards.  A significant improvement on the shambles he took over.

Also very harsh to pin the Hibs defeat on SN - the run we were on we would’ve been struggling at Albion Rovers that day under Neilson. 

Keep looking on the negatives though.  Could be much worse, could be sitting pointless at the bottom of the league like Hibs. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, feej said:

Said to the lads I was a bit apprehensive, was looking for a fast start, probably got what I expected. 

To be fair, Kilmarnock are a horrible obdurate side that will annoy you like the ****ing fly that's been in my house all week 

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I admire your optimism mate, I'm hoping the same but we should be good enough and wise enough to take care of them. Their keeper never had a save to make, we had one shot on goal.

We really need to fix centre midfield, for me that's the problem. 

I'm not a Cammy fan, he's waste of a jersey, I like big Pete but he's way too slow. I'm hoping that we sort that but there has been no hint of them looking to improve that area which is a worry.

Killie are well drilled and a hard team to

beat.

We were much better towards the end. It’s the second game of the season ffs. 

OP is a troll and at it. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You didn’t see the Aberdeen game or first half v Celtic either presumably?

Agree about today’s performance though.  If that becomes the norm it becomes a problem.  But let the new players settle in first ffs. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You didn’t see the Aberdeen game or first half v Celtic either presumably?

Agree about today’s performance though.  If that becomes the norm it becomes a problem.  But let the new players settle in first ffs. 

correct. 

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Said to the lads I was a bit apprehensive, was looking for a fast start, probably got what I expected. 

To be fair, Kilmarnock are a horrible obdurate side that will annoy you like the ****ing fly that's been in my house all week 

I kind of expected what we got today but was hoping to see something different. Three heads better than one in working out how to defeat that mob but it was toothless, ragged and uninspiring.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Killie are well drilled and a hard team to

beat.

We were much better towards the end. It’s the second game of the season ffs. 

OP is a troll and at it. 

Point is mate they looked like a unit with a structure we don't.

Clerry Jambo
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The three performances so far have been shite and I’m not defending him. It’s ridiculously early in the season to be calling for his head. To the extent that only an agenda driven fool would be doing it. 

Who called for his head?

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Who called for his head?

Well the thread is called Naismith amd his merry band oot. 

Edited by GinRummy

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

A bit harsh on a Killie side that had 15 shots on goal!!

The recruitment was too slow.

The pre season was crap.

Other teams look miles ahead of us in fitness and sharpness.

Tactically we look clueless.

Team selection looked good on paper but it became very apparent very early that because we couldn't match Kilmarnocks energy levels we couldn't take control of the game. 

I'm not shouting sack the management team or making any stupid knew jerk reactions after 3 games but I'm standing by what I've said all along. I'm not convinced we've made the right decisions with our coaches and management. I think this whole summer has been poor.

Pasquale for King

Glad he got the job, but only because of the high tempo game we saw in the games against Aberdeen and Ross County, we simply have to play that way and we haven’t so far unfortunately. 

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Well the thread is called Naismith amd his merry men oot. 

I want Naisy to put out a side that gave a bit hope back end of last season. That today was horrendous and how anyone can defend that needs called out

Their comfort blanket is obviously Hibs getting pumped. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

The recruitment was too slow.

The pre season was crap.

Other teams look miles ahead of us in fitness and sharpness.

Tactically we look clueless.

Team selection looked good on paper but it became very apparent very early that because we couldn't match Kilmarnocks energy levels we couldn't take control of the game. 

I'm not shouting sack the management team or making any stupid knew jerk reactions after 3 games but I'm standing by what I've said all along. I'm not convinced we've made the right decisions with our coaches and management. I think this whole summer has been poor.

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I want Naisy to put out a side that gave a bit hope back end of last season. That today was horrendous and how anyone can defend that needs called out

Their comfort blanket is obviously Hibs getting pumped. 

I agree. It’s been mostly pedestrian and toothless so far. He needs to get it sorted pronto. 

Ricardo Quaresma
15 minutes ago, feej said:

I admire your optimism mate, I'm hoping the same but we should be good enough and wise enough to take care of them. Their keeper never had a save to make, we had one shot on goal.

We really need to fix centre midfield, for me that's the problem. 

I'm not a Cammy fan, he's waste of a jersey, I like big Pete but he's way too slow. I'm hoping that we sort that but there has been no hint of them looking to improve that area which is a worry.

Cammy was back to himself a bit a la Kingsley early on, but did fade a bit later on, however there was definite signs he was getting the neural pathways re-connected, don't worry about him

Pete's been doing well, but today he had a little bit of the thing Rowles has been dealing with, appearing a bit ponderous on the ball at times; Rowles is getting there, I think everyone saw it today, only bad thing was when he tried to hit it up the wing to Vargas late on, when we had a chance to win it late on, he put it too wide and out for a throw to them

One of the issues with Pete today and the rest of the squad was they weren't moving away from their man when we were in possession; Pete did this a couple of times, but did realise it and started moving away from his man, enough for a pass

But the off the ball movement will come, we are a little behind schedule, no doubt; Kingsley was immense today, very fast thinking, one bad pass, which the team recovered to dig him out, great display

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

🤣  We all know what you’re getting at so just say it.  

I don’t know what you’re wanting him to admit to you tbh. 

Check back this thread and you’ll see he’s said several times that he doesn’t want any of the management out and it’s way too early to even suggest such a thing. 

What he does do is call out several mediocre (at best) performances which look much the same as we played under Neilson. 

Personally I don’t think we can argue with that. 

Such a childish deflection and still not explained what we can’t see. 

I made that comment on a comment made that disputed the fans are divided. Not on the head or Naismith. 

jesus mate 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

The division in the fans?

How can you consider anyone who wants manager sacked after 3 games as supporters. 

There is no manager who unite the hearts support most likely because a fair number are absolutely delusional and best ignored. 

There is no obtainable manager on earth capable of uniting the hearts support

Edited by kingantti1874

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

A bit harsh on a Killie side that had 15 shots on goal!!

They only got 1 serious effort according to what I saw and Zander saved it

Stats from bbc?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Cammy was back to himself a bit a la Kingsley early on, but did fade a bit later on, however there was definite signs he was getting the neural pathways re-connected, don't worry about him

Pete's been doing well, but today he had a little bit of the thing Rowles has been dealing with, appearing a bit ponderous on the ball at times; Rowles is getting there, I think everyone saw it today, only bad thing was when he tried to hit it up the wing to Vargas late on, when we had a chance to win it late on, he put it too wide and out for a throw to them

One of the issues with Pete today and the rest of the squad was they weren't moving away from their man when we were in possession; Pete did this a couple of times, but did realise it and started moving away from his man, enough for a pass

But the off the ball movement will come, we are a little behind schedule, no doubt; Kingsely was immense today, very fast thinking, one bad pass, which the team recovered to dig him out, great display

I'll keep the faith mate, Naisy saying it'll be an energetic performance on Thursday so looking forward to that. 

We're all the same just want Hearts to do well.

gorgierulesapply88

2 games played, 2 clean sheets & 4 points.

Poor until we brought on more attacking players, Haring is too slow on the ball and Devlin doesn't nothing with it.

Denholm looks like he could give something? Grant is the same type of player but doesn't get a sniff?

Kingsley' lack of pace is a big issue on the left, but again I don't actually think Cochrane is all that.

The inverted wing-back idea seems to had disappeared until changes where made and then Atkinson was brought inside for an extra option. 

Shankland was poor today, made 1 lung busting run after we had an attacking corner and then trudged forward again after that.

Boyce came on and the way we played changed for the better. Phases of play seem really poor at the minute as seen with little to no shots on goal.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, feej said:

I'll keep the faith mate, Naisy saying it'll be an energetic performance on Thursday so looking forward to that. 

We're all the same just want Hearts to do well.

👍

If the forward line got through today, you know what would have happened, a goal would have burst them

We're just not quite there yet; I don't think pre-season was enough and would have liked the LC group stage for us

We're nearly there and we have good firepower

We’ve been pretty unconvincing for most of the minutes we’ve played so far this season. It’s not disastrous and it’s not massively surprising given the lateness of the signings

We might well go out of Europe this week. Again wouldn’t be a surprise, but somewhere along the line this endless low tempo cross passing has to be dumped for something a bit more adventurous or we’re going to be watching a lot of games like today and not winning quite a lot of them.

No chance we’re changing the coaching team just now or anything soon and calling for it to be done right now is laughable

Hopefully that’s a low point today in performance terms and we can move onwards and upwards from it, but as I said, so far - unconvincing.

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Hard man. Bet folk are shit scared of you down the boozer. 

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

No worries.  Have no fear admitting when I’ve got it totally wrong.  I think ridiculously I actually agree with you. 🤣 on the football. Another 10 games like that and knives sharpened 

heading for an early bath 🤣

Lol. Enjoy it fella 🤣

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm going to take the ban. You are a ****ing bell end 🛎 🔚 

:yas:

Konrad von Carstein

It was mentioned on Sportsound that Killie have played 9 (nine) competitive games, this was acknowledged as being a big plus for them. Couple that with us having new arrivals yet to bed in and today was always going to be a grind...

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They only got 1 serious effort according to what I saw and Zander saved it

Stats from bbc?

-

They looked more likely to win it than we did to be fair although last 10 minutes they looked happy with a point.  

I can’t remember us having a shot on target other than Haring’s offside header early on (stats say we had 1 on target though but I can’t remember it).  Perhaps even more concerning is we didn’t carve out a clear cut chance in the whole game.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

15 shots on goal a pretty good result simply ransacking us.

We lost that way Thursday, guess we have to learn fast 

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Lol. Can’t beat that. Made a tit of yourself. Now have a shower as you ****ing reek

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

👍

If the forward line got through today, you know what would have happened, a goal would have burst them

We're just not quite there yet; I don't think pre-season was enough and would have liked the LC group stage for us

We're nearly there and we have good firepower

Pre season seems to to have been poorly organised and not enough time spent on the shape etc.

It's interesting reading, the phrase "time to gel" is being said. 9 of the starting 11 were there last season so I'm not buying that one.

McKinley stated last week how imperative it was to reach the group stages but even if we get through Thursday then that it'll be it.

We do have good firepower, I would like to have seen a front 3 today of Oda, Shanks and Tagawa and I'm sure the goals would have come but bizarrely we  played Shanks way too deep.

Edited by feej

32 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yup agree with this. It's early days but I was hoping for a bit more in terms of our style of play after a pre season.

However,  anyone sensible will be giving it a bit more time than 3 games into the season before getting the pitchforks out.

Kickback though is becoming increasingly unreadable after disappointing results, with attention seeking posters starting all manner of crap threads. Like the worst form of click bait newspaper articles constantly.

38 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

*and the Aberdeen game *

The game v Hibs was going the same way until the red card.

Even the match v Saints last week - we created multiple scoring opportunities and could have scored 5.

Today was nothing like these games though. I appreciate the new signings are bedding in and this was only our 3rd competitive match but man that was a slog. Against a really well drilled and organised side like Killie, our speed of thought, passing in the key areas needs to be a lot sharper to pull players out of position. At no point today did Killie break their 2 banks of 4 when out of possession.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, feej said:

Pre season seems to to have been poorly organised and not enough time spent on the shape etc.

It's interesting reading, the phrase "time to gel" is being said. 9 of the starting 11 were there last season so I'm not buying that one.

McKinley stated last week how imperative it was to reach the group stages but even if we get through Thursday then that it'll be it.

We do have good firepower, I would like to have seen a front 3 today of Oda, Shanks and Tagawa and I'm sure the goals would have come but bizarrely we  played Shanks way too deep.

Pre-season was a bit like last season's but the results in friendlies went well; hopefully it's the reverse this time; we started badly against RC and if we weren't playing for the memory of the giant legend that was Drew Busby, I don't think we would have pulled the result out of the bag like we did; then there was the awful late goal against them away; never should've happened

We weren't getting the performances and goals from Shankland and others now and then were masking this, then the whole snodgrass / sheep / celtic / killie / midden horrorshow

I don't think it's going to be like that this time; there's going to be too much effort for similar to happen

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Valois No1 said:

What’s apparent here is the fans are deeply divided after two league games. Really not good 

No, what is apparent here is that there a few absolute flucking roasters/H1b5/Incels on here who get extremely cheap thrills by posting  complete and utter shite to make themselves feel important or special. 

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

No, what is apparent here is that there a few absolute flucking roasters/H1b5/Incels on here who get extremely cheap thrills by posting  complete and utter shite to make themselves feel important or special. 

That may be your take but it’s an uneducated take based on feelings and emotions. You would fit in in Iceland or Antarctica. Plenty snowflakes there. Hope you’re ok hun. Pm me chick 

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Great chance to start the season on a high given the favourable fixtures, yet we’ve been subject to back to back turgid performances (Thursday and today). Naismiths record of 3 wins in 10 (?) is not a very favourable one at this stage, although of course a long way to go. Major improvement needed.

Let’s not pretend st johnstone was any good either btw. First half was rotten and the second half not much better.