Naismith and his merry band oot !

jock _turd

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Let's not forget the fear Gino was putting into teams with his pace, that makes defenders hold back, worried about getting caught out.

Yip,  fair point.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Nerja Jambo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Thunder and Lightning

We should sack the kit man. 

I believe he is the only one not rumoured to be in charge so it's probably his fault. 

37 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We were uniquely bad yesterday. I'm not terribly surprised as a rookie manager whose signings arrived way, way too late in the window was always going to have trouble getting a system installed by now. That's our own fault but there's nothing to be done about it now.

I fully expect performances to improve. But the majority of our three matches we've played badly. If we don't improve over half a season, that's a problem and we should address it should it come to that.

You have summed up the entire debate. We appointed a ROOKIE MANAGER with 7 games experience. We all have our different views on his appointment, I was against it and still am, but surely no one is so naive as to think that SN was the best candidate. Surely no one is that dumb. 

Edited by Nerja Jambo

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We're 2 games in to the season or a week into it.

Aye, I wonder why We're less dynamic. 

It's almost like it's at the start of the season and we are waiting for match sharpness,  new players getting up to speed and injured players getting match fit.

Also as if we're missing our most creative player.

Aye, I'm gobsmacked. 

That's the answer to your question,  almost 

Running hard, pressing fast, moving the ball quickly does not need lots of games to acquire. It's a mindset.

Of course, we will get better as the season progresses, and I'm not for one minute saying things are terrible. We haven't conceded a goal in the league. 

But I did also expect a bit more performance wise at home. We only get 2 home games against the likes of Kilmarnock. These points are important and we have been given a gift of a start.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, db211833 said:

Running hard, pressing fast, moving the ball quickly does not need lots of games to acquire. It's a mindset.

Of course, we will get better as the season progresses, and I'm not for one minute saying things are terrible. We haven't conceded a goal in the league. 

But I did also expect a bit more performance wise at home. We only get 2 home games against the likes of Kilmarnock. These points are important and we have been given a gift of a start.

I answered your question as have others.

Dismiss the answers at your convenience.

It was disappointing,  no one is arguing,  but the possible reasons for it have been given.

13 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Most of our new attacking options haven't even paid a full month of rent yet on their dwellings. We lost our pacey sparkplug from last season.

Shoulda had them signed in June. But we didn't.

Hopefully it doesn't cost us too many points or a place in Europe.

I agree, just slightly concerned. 

Maybe being handed a really good starting fixture list is not all it's cracked up to be.

Give us Celtic and Rangers in the first 2 weeks, we get beat anyway but they give us a good extended preseason 😀

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

I answered your question as have others.

Dismiss the answers at your convenience.

It was disappointing,  no one is arguing,  but the possible reasons for it have been given.

Everyone of your posts has to have your little digs.

Grow up and try just having a conversation 

The Mighty Thor

It's irrelevant who's in charge.

None of them appear to be able to see that starting two defensive mids does not attacking football make.

It was nice to see them reprise the Neilson-ball though. 

Dick Dastardly
8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Can you imagine the rabids reaction if we do bottom out and go a bit pish, sack our current mgt team then get Bob back to turn us around ( again).

Imagine the seethe.:rofl:

( I don't think we will bottom out)

We should run a sweep to guess when the first "Bring Back Bob" thread gets started 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We should run a sweep to guess when the first "Bring Back Bob" thread gets started 

This is Naismiths 2nd "oot" thread already.

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, db211833 said:

The poster is still grieving.

Samuel Camazzola
39 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I believe he is the only one not rumoured to be in charge so it's probably his fault. 

Replace him with Hearty Harry? 😉 

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip.  We got the first after ONE game last season, so I guess this thread after two is an achievement for the hard of thinking.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524ttps85tim1mu0pkmw

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's absolutely barmy. All the Hearts supporters on here, obviously, want us to be winning but sometimes the entitlement and expectations are just mental. 

gorgierulesapply88
50 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Gogs is the longest serving football person in 'pro football' in Scotland? Livi tried to claim that tag I think.

43 minutes ago, db211833 said:

But, he’s not had a little dig tonight.

Learn to read and digest.

1 minute ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Gogs is the longest serving football person in 'pro football' in Scotland? Livi tried to claim that tag I think.

Far be it from me to interrupt.

But, I have the strangest feeling that the person you quoted was being ever so slightly sarcastic.

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

May be so, but it's not new. We knew all about it, yet folk clamoured for a rookie manager to take us into a European campaign in addition to pretending not to be the manager. It wasn't for me, but it's done so we just need to make the best of it. Pretending it's not bizarre, or the other extreme of calling for his/their head(s) are both not helpful imo. 

I still remain pretty sceptical of the appointment tbh.

From managing the B team in the lowland league, straight into being in charge of the first-team just seems like too big a jump, and like others have said, we really shouldn’t be taking risks like that.

But hey, let’s get on with it and hope he gets the results.

Dick Dastardly
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

The club explained that we'll be pretending Frankie's in charge.

Now, he's pretending he's in charge.

Exactly. Just because it flies over a few folks heads doesn't make it rocket science. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Nerja Jambo said:

You have summed up the entire debate. We appointed a ROOKIE MANAGER with 7 games experience. We all have our different views on his appointment, I was against it and still am, but surely no one is so naive as to think that SN was the best candidate. Surely no one is that dumb. 

Still 7 games more experience than Neilson had and he did pretty well apart from his last 7 games.  Was he the best candidate when he got the job first time round?  Probably not.

Was SN the best candidate?  No idea, I don’t know who the other candidates were.  But I guess a rookie manager is never the best candidate on paper, even when that rookie manager is Mourinho, Pep, Klopp.  And time will tell if Naismith becomes a good manager.  But if I had to put money on it I’d put it on him having a more successful managerial career than Neilson. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

We were uniquely bad yesterday. I'm not terribly surprised as a rookie manager whose signings arrived way, way too late in the window was always going to have trouble getting a system installed by now. That's our own fault but there's nothing to be done about it now.

I fully expect performances to improve. But the majority of our three matches we've played badly. If we don't improve over half a season, that's a problem and we should address it should it come to that.

The problem is that by the time we improve it can already have had an irreversible impact on our season.  Not being ready to go from the start and dropping points where we shouldn’t is a lost opportunity to improve our final position.  We delayed the appointment of a manager.  We made a mess of that and then we were slow with getting players in which means they are not hitting the ground running.  It may still get worse if Shankland goes and is not replaced.  The team doesn’t look fit.  There is no bounce or energy about the squad, it’s all too flat and will not be helped by Naismith trotting out excuses after games.  If you appoint a rookie manager and things don’t start well you have to expect scrutiny right from the start not just from fans but also the media.  We need to go through on Thursday and if we don’t the pressure is only going to get bigger.  

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

if we’re just pretending mcavoys in charge is that not treating eufa or whoever has the rule with contempt?

all eufa would need to do if they can be bothered is listen to the Scottish media or even more reliable come on here read this thread see some well known experts saying Naismith in charge. If they do their due diligence they might check a few more threads to confirm the poster(s) are in fact experts (on everything no less)

then if they can be bothered they say to hearts demonstrate to us that mcavoy is in charge

if it’s all a complete sham we’ll get fined look an even more laughing stock and also look very deceitful - queen Ann wouldn’t like that :( 

but yeah Naismith’s definitely in charge no question about it

😂😂 Yeah, UEFA reads tha Naismiths in charge on Kickback and in the Sun and bring charges against us. I think they might lose the appeal. 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

😂😂 Yeah, UEFA reads tha Naismiths in charge on Kickback and in the Sun and bring charges against us. I think they might lose the appeal. 

There might even be UEFA moles on this very thread. Let's smoke 'em out!!!

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The problem is that by the time we improve it can already have had an irreversible impact on our season.  Not being ready to go from the start and dropping points where we shouldn’t is a lost opportunity to improve our final position.  We delayed the appointment of a manager.  We made a mess of that and then we were slow with getting players in which means they are not hitting the ground running.  It may still get worse if Shankland goes and is not replaced.  The team doesn’t look fit.  There is no bounce or energy about the squad, it’s all too flat and will not be helped by Naismith trotting out excuses after games.  If you appoint a rookie manager and things don’t start well you have to expect scrutiny right from the start not just from fans but also the media.  We need to go through on Thursday and if we don’t the pressure is only going to get bigger.  

This threads title is ridiculous but I am disappointed with the energy of our opening performances like yourself.

Missed chance to open a good gap.

Still Unbeaten in league so hopefully build on that.

Fair points you have posted.

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Indeed. 👍

Triple M is, once again, promoting himself as the mouth of Kickback and, indeed, HMFC as a whole.

Watt-Zeefuik
17 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yes, but that's what happens when you hire a manager. You can't just hire one (or three?) on a three year contract and sack them a few weeks in because the results are a bit off. We are at least keeping clean sheets in the league, which is an improvement over last season, even if our attack is dead.

The point is now is not the time for knee-jerk reactions to the management team, that time was three months ago. We reacted by giving them long contracts and firing them now would indisputably do more damage to the club than keeping them on through November. If we fire them now, we will get the reputation as a club which doesn't give its managers a chance to settle in.

Yes, that means we may not get third. Because there's no guarantee of us getting third, ever. The surest manager we've had in decades for delivering third was Robbie Neilson, and we all agree his time was up.

Thunder and Lightning
46 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Surprised hibs haven't tried to claim "first to hire the Hearts kit man". 😂 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

it wasn’t an entirely serious point dick

however in the unlikely event of eufa checking on this - what do we say ? - yeah we’re just kidding to get round your rules and fines ?

all that from a club who’s been banging-on about fair play and morale high-grounds for the past few years

its not like our neighbours across the city (remember “respect the rivalry”) have got past form for letter-writing campaigns to try to tell tales or anything 

yup there’s no scope for anything going wrong - water tight plan just pretend frankie’s in charge :lol:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
39 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Indeed. 👍

Triple M is, once again, promoting himself as the mouth of Kickback and, indeed, HMFC as a whole.

how’s that mate ?

Jingle Bells
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You do have an amazing record for backing losers though.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

I've backed every Hearts manager, most were sacked.

Doddie, JJ, cl , robbo right upto Bob and now Naismith. 

Most were sacked, if not all.

Not sure Naismith is a loser either tbh, sums up your knowledge of football if your classing Naismith as a loser.

Strange comment. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

He backed Hibs to win the Scottish Cup though 🤦🏽.

SectionDJambo

We are 2 games into the season. I’m old enough to remember Hearts teams who won their first few games and fell away massively. False hope reigned for too many years.

It’s a long season. A home draw half way through the season, albeit with a performance that wasn’t pleasing, would be met with a collective shrug of the shoulders. First few weeks and it’s panic stations.

Our main competitors for European competition are Aberdeen and Hibs. We are ahead of them now and, hopefully, it’ll stay that way.

Jingle Bells
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He backed Hibs to win the Scottish Cup though 🤦🏽.

I give Celtic more credit for that than The Shite, Pasquale.

Jingle Bells
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I've backed every Hearts manager, most were sacked.

Doddie, JJ, cl , robbo right upto Bob and now Naismith. 

Most were sacked, if not all.

Not sure Naismith is a loser either tbh, sums up your knowledge of football if your classing Naismith as a loser.

Strange comment. 

Blindly supporting whoever the Manager happens to be is not the same thing as supporting the Club, especially if said Manager is making an arse of it to the detriment of the Club and its Fans.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

I give Celtic more credit for that than The Shite, Pasquale.

Yes indeed 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Blindly supporting whoever the Manager happens to be is not the same thing as supporting the Club, especially if said Manager is making an arse of it to the detriment of the Club and its Fans.

Spot on

10 hours ago, Taffin said:

Many were looking for that. Just look at the poll on here. Lots were absolutely desperate for a rookie.

interesting the job McInnes has done at Killie, total rebuild over the summer with a more limited budget. Seems to have managed to get them hitting the ground running easily enough.

50 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

interesting the job McInnes has done at Killie, total rebuild over the summer with a more limited budget. Seems to have managed to get them hitting the ground running easily enough.

I mean they've had a lot more competitive games but he does have them well organised. 

6 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I still remain pretty sceptical of the appointment tbh.

From managing the B team in the lowland league, straight into being in charge of the first-team just seems like too big a jump, and like others have said, we really shouldn’t be taking risks like that.

But hey, let’s get on with it and hope he gets the results.

We done similar with Neilson and he was easily the best manager (twice) since admin. Way better than the experienced Levein and Stendel. 

10 hours ago, Nerja Jambo said:

We have also previously appointed EXPERIENCED managers and a lot of them haven't cut the mustard and failed in their roles.

When that happened, I don't think I have ever seen or heard any comments along the lines of "well, that's what happens when you appoint an experienced manager" 

Rosenberg played a 16yr old last week and he was probably their best player on the park. He has absolutely no football experience in comparison to his team mates, yet he was better than them on the day. 

Shooter McGavin
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

We done similar with Neilson and he was easily the best manager (twice) since admin. Way better than the experienced Levein and Stendel. 

True, although Neilson started his time with us in the Championship which made things slightly easier.

The target for us now is 3rd in the Prem, and we’ve went with Naismith who’s never managed outside of the Lowland League. Much bigger risk, in my opinion.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Bit harsh, The Hoff has only played 1 game.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

True, although Neilson started his time with us in the Championship which made things slightly easier.

The target for us now is 3rd in the Prem, and we’ve went with Naismith who’s never managed outside of the Lowland League. Much bigger risk, in my opinion.

It is, but the only manager with any real pedigree that would be a lower risk is McInnes.

It could be argued ( on past records) he is better than Bob, any other appointment on paper at least had a worse record than Bob and would be a punt.

Naismith is no different, just a different kind of punt.

28 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It is a bigger risk, no getting away from that. I supported his appointment since the last Celtic game at Tynecastle, he seemed like a breath of fresh air compared to Neilson. The way I looked at it we could have had a few different categories (for want of a better word), a failed or failing manager from England, Jack Ross, Lee Johnson, an experienced spfl manager Robinson, Mcinnes, a coach who has never managed, Cathro, Maloney or a manager from abroad, can't think of any recent examples at ourselves, Hibs or Aberdeen, maybe Glass.

I've used examples from ourselves Hibs and Aberdeen because I think we are all broadly in the same market for managers.

If I am being entirely honest, the market we are in is really unlikely to unearth any gems and someone at the very start of their managerial career seemed the most attractive option to me. I could end up being completely wrong but that was my thinking.

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is, but the only manager with any real pedigree that would be a lower risk is McInnes.

It could be argued ( on past records) he is better than Bob, any other appointment on paper at least had a worse record than Bob and would be a punt.

That's how I see it. Folk wanting Cifuentes or McInnes is fair enough, can't say they are wrong or anything but still a big gamble.

Edited by GinRummy

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There’s a number of us that know, a Mcinnes or a Robinson would genuinely have been a really strong appointment.

Known man managers with records of getting the best out of players, teams that play as a team. 

That’s not knocking the naismith appointment, but the issue is, turningrg noses up at these guys thinking naismith would come in and just steamroll it because “he’s a winner”… ? these folk have a lot to learn about football. As does Naismith a mere 10 games in to management. 

Fact is, inside the first 10 games, he has been totally & quite comfortably nullified by Lee Johnson, Stephen Robinson and now Derek Mcinnes through basic, standard SPFL setups.  Folk thinking it was going to be easy for Naismith & co were mistaken. They will need time and things are likely to be inconsistent for a while particularly with the departure of big players. 

Dick Dastardly
10 hours ago, redjambo said:

There might even be UEFA moles on this very thread. Let's smoke 'em out!!!

Maybe you're the mole and your post is just a bluff? 🤔