Welcome Lowry

Bazzas right boot

My neighbour follows Rangers everywhere says he is sad to see him go wanted him to get more time at them . He rates him highly says one of those players than can light up a game . Told him if he scores against Hibs then points to his shirt number we ain't giving him back lol

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• jtkb

• BackOfTheNet

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sirwalter said:

Yes, I thought he had an injury - although my recollection is that his form had faded somewhat even prior to that. I share your hopes for the laddie at Tynecastle. A dream scenario would be for Rangers to walk the league (aargh! - did I really write those words) thus allowing Lowry to remain with us and his contribution facilitates our pipping Celtic for second. Well, you never know..

I had the same thought @sirwalter - it made me want to vomit into my mouth, but must confess the same thought was there 🤢

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Halliday needs to have a word. That hair is a state.

Maybe not allowed to cut it for a while after the weave 😆🤷🏾‍♂️?

Changed the game for us today and when he came on imo 

Cultured player 

Think he could be one of the most astute signings of the window for us 

HHGH 

He did exceptionally well, should be really pleased with himself, his creativity was a big asset and IMO changed what was again us banging on the door with no quality, into constant pressure. 

Going to be heartbroken when we need to give him back to... them.

Happy to eat a bit of humble pie here.

He looked assured and also keen to go forward and throw in a decent set peice delivery we are laughing. I think Mckay is ahead of him but he will have to remain on his toes as Lowry seems to be decent.

Thought he looked really good when he came on. Clever balls and keeps possession well.  On the same wavelength as our better players. 

loveofthegame

On holiday so couldn’t make it but great to read. Completely as expected. Mental that some didn’t want him on account of his parent club alone.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thought he looked really good when he came on. Clever balls and keeps possession well.  On the same wavelength as our better players. 

This. Slotted straight in aswell, looked like he has been here for ages.

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think he’ll be one of if not outright our best player in all honestly. 

Cracking player very surprised at him being here. Hearing that rangers can recall him January ….is this the case ?

VagabondJambo
22 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Changed the game for us today and when he came on imo 

Cultured player 

Think he could be one of the most astute signings of the window for us 

HHGH 

Phenomenal signing 👍

Lots of folk mentioning (probably quite rightly) that it highlights the difference between ourselves and the OF. Maybe a more pertinent question might be how far off are we from producing players like that from our Academy to supplement the first team squad?

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

And to think there were Hearts fans moaning about his signing! 🤦🏼🤣

Utter madness, zoomers the lot of them! 

Just now, Fraggle said:

Lots of folk mentioning (probably quite rightly) that it highlights the difference between ourselves and the OF. Maybe a more pertinent question might be how far off are we from producing players like that from our Academy to supplement the first team squad?

Think the issue is that they're snapped up by Rangers/Celtic/down south before they make it that far. 

Oof. I knew he was talented, but he surpassed my expectations there. If he can keep that level consistently for the season then we're in very good shape.

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Think the issue is that they're snapped up by Rangers/Celtic/down south before they make it that far. 

True. Then the next question should be, what do we do to try and get them to stay/move to us? 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Cracking player very surprised at him being here. Hearing that rangers can recall him January ….is this the case ?

All loans have that, but will probably only happen likely if they have injuries or he’s not getting game time here. He is here to play.

Arthur Morgan

Absolutely outstanding. Best player by a mile when he came on and changed the game. He'll be a starter for us this season.

8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good potential player, fingers crossed it works out for the lad. Certainly talent there but is there the mentality? Thats the question he’s here to answer 

What was really impressive is how much confidence he played with. He also did the basics well getting into defensive positions when we lost possession.

Saw a Rangers fan say as well as the injury his Mum also died. 

Hearts did well to put him straight in today. Taking the corners too. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 hours ago, OTT said:

He did exceptionally well, should be really pleased with himself, his creativity was a big asset and IMO changed what was again us banging on the door with no quality, into constant pressure. 

Going to be heartbroken when we need to give him back to... them.

Thought he looked VG. Boyce also played a huge part.

Seriously I’d be asking Rangers now what they want for the lad. No idea about his contract situation but if he’s not got long left it’s worth an enquiry.

Done great and I know others will want him straight into the side right away but I would be tempted to do exactly what we done today bring him in when the game is more stretched and then he can run amok.

Looks a great addition 

3 hours ago, mr fox said:

After their result today they'd be aswell calling him now as that's them probably f@#£d the league already 

Involved in both goals at some point today. Interview after game said he spoke with Naisy Thursday signed Friday and couldn"t wait to get started/involved with the famous 🇱🇻🇱🇻, hopefully taking us onward and upward

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Seriously I’d be asking Rangers now what they want for the lad. No idea about his contract situation but if he’s not got long left it’s worth an enquiry.

Got two years on his contract 

What did you last see a lad coming off the bench for his Hearts debut and taking a game by the scruff of the neck like that? He is an absolutely phenomenal player. Recognising in that split second that Boyce was onside and the weight in the pass, it looks simple but so many would have sent that pass too far or taken too long.

Deserves a better song than more guff about ‘hating the IRA’ though. Load of pish.

4 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

The lad changed the game.

Everything got quicker and more positive from the minute he entered the pitch.

100% he definitely changed the game.  He was tremendous and should of been on start of 2nd half

31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Singing Rangers IRA songs can absolutely get in the bin by the way 

He’s not even the only active squad member to have a song like this. The IRA probably ceased to be before Lowry was born ffs 😂

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, SM8 said:

He’s not even the only active squad member to have a song like this. The IRA probably ceased to be before Lowry was born ffs 😂

And the majority of fans singing it most likely. You can only blame so much on youthful ignorance. Why is it even a chant at a football match, so weird.

Stuttgart 2000
17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

And the majority of fans singing it most likely. You can only blame so much on youthful ignorance. Why is it even a chant at a football match, so weird.

Obviously a few tadgers singing that shite, but how many of these videos could make it out on social media at any of the bigots games. 
really pisses me off