Welcome Lowry

Bazzas right boot

His corners were spot on today. 

He changed the game when he came on. Also Tagawa and Boyce made a massive difference.

That last 20 minutes was amazing, like a different team from the previous 70 minutes.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• jtkb

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

sandylejambo

A bit of Oscar Wild look about him, if he's half as creative as him we'll win the league. He changed the game when he came on, that's for sure.

Listened to the rangers game in the car after the match yesterday and they were banging on about how much rangers needed some creativity… 👀👀👀👀😂

let’s all say he’s crap and keep him. The rangers and old firm blinkered sycophants might not even notice!

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Can anyone figure out why Rangers loaned us their best player? I really don’t get it 

Shhhhhh 🤐 quiet 🤫 

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Can anyone figure out why Rangers loaned us their best player? I really don’t get it 

Easy to say after an opening day loss against Killie but Beale could be in a spot of bother if Rangers don’t click soon. I watched the game and they looked like a side with no real understanding or obvious game plan. Their front three in particular were poor. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, FJT said:

Shhhhhh 🤐 quiet 🤫 

I can only assume the player himself pushed for this, sought assurances of game time at rangers and not forthcoming. He needs to be starting games now. It took basically 1 touch for everyone to see he’s way too good to be in any B teams 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Easy to say after an opening day loss against Killie but Beale could be in a spot of bother if Rangers don’t click soon. I watched the game and they looked like a side with no real understanding or obvious game plan. Their front three in particular were poor. 

The Rangers Cathro 

Gorgie_Rules
3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone think that if he does well enough, he could be the first £1m signing at Hearts?

I think the Rangers fans are arrogant enough to not want him back even if does well enough.

Shankland was a bit of a gift timing wise for them this summer and they turned their noses up.

As far as Lowry is concerned hes been highly rated for a while so if has a good season there will likely be clubs in England sniffing about. Would probably take Alex himself to want to stay with his age and think about moving once hes had 2 or 3 full seasons under his belt.

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I can only assume the player himself pushed for this, sought assurances of game time at rangers and not forthcoming. He needs to be starting games now. It took basically 1 touch for everyone to see he’s way too good to be in any B teams 

Yeah, agreed and I’ve got respect for him if that’s the case (in terms of being a footballer and making sure you’re going to get game time!) 
Obviously very early, but he looked hungry to play. 

6 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I think the Rangers fans are arrogant enough to not want him back even if does well enough.

Shankland was a bit of a gift timing wise for them this summer and they turned their noses up.

As far as Lowry is concerned hes been highly rated for a while so if has a good season there will likely be clubs in England sniffing about. Would probably take Alex himself to want to stay with his age and think about moving once hes had 2 or 3 full seasons under his belt.

Re Shankland, that was another role that mcculloch et al on sportsound were whinging on about regarding rangers ‘really need a 20 plus goals a season type player…’ 👀 Again, suits me they’ve remained so far inside their own self obsessed bubble… 🤫

Ricardo Quaresma
18 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Halliday needs to have a word. That hair is a state.

You don't half just come out with what you think, Herbert 😁

But that's alright, 'cos you're not h*bs :smuggy:

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone think that if he does well enough, he could be the first £1m signing at Hearts?

Early days but on that showing well worth it. Doubt Rangers will sell him though. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

They think their new signings are better.

Also presuming we are paying part of his wages it's a saving. Michael Beale says Rangers budget is the same as last season.

1 hour ago, sac said:

He will relish the derby and score against them. Bookmark this.

Mentioned on another thread my neighbour loves lowry not happy did not get more game time. He did not realise he had taken 5 1 at hearts on his shirt. I told him if he scores against Hibs and points to back of shirt we ain't giving him back. James Anderson is going to have to go down the back of the sofa and help us sign him 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You don't half just come out with what you think, Herbert 😁

But that's alright, 'cos you're not h*bs :smuggy:

His hair is shite though, if your barber gave you that would you pay him 🤣

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Herbert. said:

His hair is shite though, if your barber gave you that would you pay him 🤣

Well, I think it's recommended he doesn't cut it for a while, sure I've read that somewhere

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Good call. Based on yesterday he coukd be worth it and precisely the kind of signing we should be looking at. If we can afford it I hope we go for it. 

I’m uneasy at giving one of our rivals players game time -which while it benefits us in the short term, could work massively in their favour. 

He’s a cracking young player with an excellent attitude, but if we play him into form, & he’s recalled by Rangers in January it really benefits them. 
I’m sure he’s contracted until 2025, so would cost a fortune. In the same scenario, how much would we want for Shankland?

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I think its worth a try. If the player would be open to it. 

The difference in quality between him and Grant is startling. He was playing passes that I don't think I've saw any of our midfielders manage to play.

Unfortunately, if Lowry plays well enough for us to think he's worth £1m, Rangers will just take him back and play him. On yesterday's evidence they aren't bursting with creativity and the Rangers fans wouldn't accept losing "one of their own" on the cheap if he's tearing it up in the same league.

5 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

I’m uneasy at giving one of our rivals players game time -which while it benefits us in the short term, could work massively in their favour. 

He’s a cracking young player with an excellent attitude, but if we play him into form, & he’s recalled by Rangers in January it really benefits them. 
I’m sure he’s contracted until 2025, so would cost a fortune. In the same scenario, how much would we want for Shankland?

I see it more as giving a great young Scotland prospect the chance to properly establish himself. Basically Rangers have rejected him. 

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Unfortunately, if Lowry plays well enough for us to think he's worth £1m, Rangers will just take him back and play him. On yesterday's evidence they aren't bursting with creativity and the Rangers fans wouldn't accept losing "one of their own" on the cheap if he's tearing it up in the same league.

A lot will need to happen first. Danilo, Lanmers, Dessers will all have to fail.

And Cantwell, Ruskin and Hagi lose form. 

And then they'll need to massively change their recruitment policy. 

3 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

He already chose Hearts over clubs in England.

Maybe that 0-4 thrashing to their reserves did us some good as he loved playing at Tynecastle that much.

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He certainly paints a good picture.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

A lot will need to happen first. Danilo, Lanmers, Dessers will all have to fail.

And Cantwell, Ruskin and Hagi lose form. 

And then they'll need to massively change their recruitment policy. 

Nathan Patterson wasn't a first pick for them and they managed to sell for £12m.

They'd just need to play him enough to show his talent and either he'll fight his way into the team or he'll be sold for more than £1m. Just can't see them selling to us if he keeps up yesterday's level of performance.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He already chose Hearts over clubs in England.

Maybe that 0-4 thrashing to their reserves did us some good as he loved playing at Tynecastle that much.

Hopefully he remembers it was 3-1 😆 

Edited by Pasquale for King

vlad on the tyne

Be interested to know how much Rangers see Lowry's current transfer fee. With a loan deal it's hard to see him staying beyond January if he does well for us. I suppose it's a case of enjoying Lowry whilst he is here because it looks apparent already he is going to be a real ace card to have in the pack. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully he remembers it was 3 nil. 

3-1 if I remember correctly. Haring scored for us.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, duncaniw said:

3-1 if I remember correctly. Haring scored for us.

Indeed 👍🏽, so many horsings under Neilson to them its difficult to keep track. 

46 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

He can only be recalled if he doesn’t get a certain level game time. By the look of yesterday he’ll be getting plenty

Rangers don’t want him. Or to be more precise their current manager didn’t want him.

Early days yet and we’ve got a year to work out whether we want to buy him with a year left on his contract. Let’s not forget that he himself has a big say in where he plays his football and what his best course is for his future. Going back to Rangers ? I can’t see that being in his best interests unless it’s for them to cash in with another club

Edited by JimmyCant

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Wee lambs - splash the cash to look billy  big baws and fall flat on your face 🤣

After watching rangers yesterday they will probably be recalling him. They look awful.  Very surprised they let us have one of their best young up coming players 

21 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Be interested to know how much Rangers see Lowry's current transfer fee. With a loan deal it's hard to see him staying beyond January if he does well for us. I suppose it's a case of enjoying Lowry whilst he is here because it looks apparent already he is going to be a real ace card to have in the pack. 

Pretty sure the deal is for a year and they can only recall him if he’s not getting game time. Rangers title ‘challenge’ will be over by then IMO so it’s not like he’ll make any difference by that stage

Just now, Bainy said:

After watching rangers yesterday they will probably be recalling him. They look awful.  Very surprised they let us have one of their best young up coming players 

Hoepfully there is a clause that they can only recall him for a genuine reason, such as injuries or suspensions to other players, and not just "Oh ****, we've made a mistake"! 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Hoepfully there is a clause that they can only recall him for a genuine reason, such as injuries or suspensions to other players, and not just "Oh ****, we've made a mistake"! 

Unfortunately any team can recall a player in January without a reason. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
24 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

assuming he can’t play against rangers and assuming they start winning every week then their logic may be that we help develop the player and they may see us potentially able (with lowrys help) to take points off Celtic

probably crediting them with too much logic

if yesterday was a standard performance there’s no way we’d get to buy him from them for £1M :(

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unfortunately any team can recall a player in January without a reason.

If January's the soonest then we should expect that and be prepared; as I stated the other day, we'll just go and get someone like Meshino

I really hope Hearts had a fixed price written into the deal for him, but suspect we haven't.

Looks a cracking player who can thread passes through a well-organised defence.

The Wrinkly Ninja

Some touches yesterday were fabulous. One little flicked pass in particular no other player we have would be making.

That said. Would prefer it if our players kept their political views to themselves as they have nothing to do with football. He should take them and head back along the M8.

7 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Some touches yesterday were fabulous. One little flicked pass in particular no other player we have would be making.

That said. Would prefer it if our players kept their political views to themselves as they have nothing to do with football. He should take them and head back along the M8.

Has he expressed political views?

buzzbomb1958
4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Because Bealyboil want it to be his signings to try and make a name for himself, going by yesterday it’s not going to plan cos they look utter dugmeat 

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I think it’s more views are being accredited to him by ignorant teenagers and those close to OAP age but with the mental capacity of a 12 year old to be honest.