Welcome Lowry

Bazzas right boot

A bit of football broke out at the right time for us!  

Lovely piece of clever play and finish in the moment.  The difference is getting him to the stage where he performs from the start and has more influence throughout the 90.  

Still young though.  

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• jtkb

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

So far he has been disappointing but that goal tonight was pure class! 👍

This is where I've been with him. Thought he's been too lightweight and not got involved in games enough.

However the drag back and goal last night was different gravy.

6 minutes ago, Wish said:

This is where I've been with him. Thought he's been too lightweight and not got involved in games enough.

Was a cracking finish from the lad, nothing really to aim at but with little back lift generated great power to squeeze it in. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Was a cracking finish from the lad, nothing really to aim at but with little back lift generated great power to squeeze it in. 

Spot on. Still don't know how he managed to find the net through all the bodies in the way. Managed to find the only place he could score from.

Lad has got talent, just needs to apply himself more

I would have him ahead of Vargas in every selection. He brings something a bit different and isn't afraid to be creative. Boyce and Lowry playing behind Shankland .

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Wish said:

He was the only one at dundee that ran at and beat his man. Definitely something good about him but might not see it properly until 10 plus games back to back.

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He was the only one at dundee that ran at and beat his man. Definitely something good about him but might not see it properly until 10 plus games back to back.

Yep need a proper run. Worth remembering he's only 20, although I realise signing someone on loan isn't about development from our point of view and we need them to play well for the majority of the season otherwise it's pointless.

Edited by Chimp

Absolute Scenes
3 hours ago, Americana said:

I would have him ahead of Vargas in every selection. He brings something a bit different and isn't afraid to be creative. Boyce and Lowry playing behind Shankland .

Where this Vargas crap-on coming from? Why should Vargas be dropped all of a sudden?

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Where this Vargas crap-on coming from? Why should Vargas be dropped all of a sudden?

Because Lowry scored a goal apparently. 

The over enthusiasm for him is only going to lead to more disappointment. 

Needs to be used as an impact sub... where he can actually have an impact.

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Chill out love, its not a Vargas should be dropped its a Lowry, Boyce and Shankland would be my starting front three.

Other than clipping the bar with a shot I really havent seen enough from him at this stage to say its worth the buy out at the end of his loan. Its early days though. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Because Lowry scored a goal apparently. 

The over enthusiasm for him is only going to lead to more disappointment. 

Needs to be used as an impact sub... where he can actually have an impact.

Actually its based off what hes offered in glimpses, creativity, bit of flair and pace.

I dont think there is much between them, if either was having a bad day I wouldnt grumble at one replacing the other from the bench.

Just now, Americana said:

Actually its based off what hes offered in glimpses, creativity, bit of flair and pace.

I dont think there is much between them, if either was having a bad day I wouldnt grumble at one replacing the other from the bench.

He's not ready to start games. If he's given that responsibility again it will be a rinse and repeat of the Motherwell game. 

Should get the last 15/20 minutes going forward and build him up. 

As things stand, he doesn't get into that starting 11 ahead of anyone at the moment. Don't trust his decision making yet. 

16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He’s looked a bit shit. I’d have a fit Oda in ahead of him. 

17 minutes ago, Americana said:

Chill out love, its not a Vargas should be dropped its a Lowry, Boyce and Shankland would be my starting front three.

Other than clipping the bar with a shot I really havent seen enough from him at this stage to say its worth the buy out at the end of his loan. Its early days though. 

Only one of those should start and the other two used as impact subs. We need Vargas and Oda on the wings and either Grant or Tagawa in the no.10 if we want to keep up the pace from the start.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Only one of those should start and the other two used as impact subs. We need Vargas and Oda on the wings and either Grant or Tagawa in the no.10 if we want to keep up the pace from the start.

This guy gets it

21 minutes ago, Americana said:

thank goodness you don't make team selection decisions - If you haven't seen what Vargas brings to the team, you don't much about football

4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Suspect it has to do with a certain ‘mentality’, and the club that Lowry is on loan from.

11 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

A bit of football broke out at the right time for us!  

Lovely piece of clever play and finish in the moment.  The difference is getting him to the stage where he performs from the start and has more influence throughout the 90.  

Still young though.  

fantastic finish, considering  how long he had been on for,      hope theres more from him in the near future" well played son....👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

6 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

If we play Rangers in semi or final would there be a clause to say he can't play?

The rule was brought in because it was felt it put too much pressure on the player -

If he plays poorly he gets abuse for not trying against his "own" team who may qualify for Europe instead of the team he is playing on loan for.

If he plays well he harms his "own" team which could affect future relationships (managers getting sacked for the result, bad tackle on teammate etc)

Much easier to relieve them of the opportunity. Personally I can see both sides to the argument BUT a team wants its players on loan to get games, but not to ruin the parent club's season 😁.

Lowry needs us to beat Rangers to play in the competition again this season.......

Gregor Stevens while on loan to us from Rangers in 1984, in fact played for Hearts against Rangers in the famous John Robertson overhead last minute equaliser game (2-2)

On 27/09/2023 at 09:38, Mikey1874 said:

Has a bit of this guy

Great memories!

All our favourite stars are there: Pat Fenlon. Pa Kujabi. Wee Lee G.

• 3 weeks later...