Welcome Lowry

Bazzas right boot

David McCaig
1 hour ago, duncaniw said:

3-1 if I remember correctly. Haring scored for us.

3 more corrections and we're winning this game 🎉

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• jtkb

• BackOfTheNet

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

If January's the soonest then we should expect that and be prepared; as I stated the other day, we'll just go and get someone like Meshino

I would expect so depending on who the manager is obviously. 
The other signings should be ready to go way before then so Its all good. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I would expect so depending on who the manager is obviously.

Yes, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there

David McCaig
2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

If January's the soonest then we should expect that and be prepared; as I stated the other day, we'll just go and get someone like Meshino

Worst case scenario it gives Vargas 3 months to gradually bed himself in.

The Mercer Takeover
11 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone think that if he does well enough, he could be the first £1m signing at Hearts?

We can but hope

Arthur Morgan
16 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone think that if he does well enough, he could be the first £1m signing at Hearts?

Said similar yesterday. If we are ever going to pay £1m for a player, it should be someone like Lowry imo.

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Said similar yesterday. If we are ever going to pay £1m for a player, it should be someone like Lowry imo.

If we demonstrates his ability and potential through the season, I think it may be a good thing to do even at the price (especially if it puts us into group stage football next season.) I suspect though with Rangers they either bring him back into fold looking for him to play first team next season, or if they dont rate him for first team football at Rangers they will hoping a club with more money will take interest in him and put a much bigger offer in. 

Gorgie_Rules
10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He already chose Hearts over clubs in England.

Maybe that 0-4 thrashing to their reserves did us some good as he loved playing at Tynecastle that much.

Not in terms of a contract (i.e. which clubs payroll he is on)

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

13 hours ago, poultry said:

Rangers will recall him in January if they can I think. Great wee player.

They’ve totally changed their minds about that after 30 minutes for us and 90 minutes they’ve played ?

6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

They’ve totally changed their minds about that after 30 minutes for us and 90 minutes they’ve played ?

Was tongue in cheek Jimmy. Wee dig at the gers mate.

Japan Jambo
18 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Worst case scenario it gives Vargas 3 months to gradually bed himself in.

good shout. much as I hate the fact that we have to do business with one of the uglies from a pragmatic perspective he had one hell of a debut and was instrumental in us snagging three points. the lad is a joy to watch, there is close to zero chance we get to keep him if he continues to play like that imo. despise the sectarian baggage that comes with, but that's not on him.

tartofmidlothian

A bit too hesitant in the first half against Killie, his decision making could have been quicker, but he grew into the match. His corners are bloody beautiful.

joondalupjambo
On 07/08/2023 at 10:01, PortyBeach said:

From the BBC: 

”Rangers manager Beale gave his blessing to Alex Lowry's loan move to Heart of Midlothian. (Daily Record)

What a guy that Beale is. I’m welling up…

Beale blessing folk will no half rile a few folk on these boards.

Edited by joondalupjambo

14 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

A bit too hesitant in the first half against Killie, his decision making could have been quicker, but he grew into the match. His corners are bloody beautiful.

I thought he was dreadful today but so was most of the others.

Ricardo Quaresma

His timing for headers needs work

Tagawa, his timing for headers, very, very good, but I'm sure he's a bit taller than Lowry

Will be good once McKay is back fit so they are pushing each other. He offers a lot, but we maybe expect a lot from him too since he started out so well v St J.

On 05/08/2023 at 09:02, Bazzas right boot said:

Unlike others, he's not got his own Fred.

Cracking signing,  big prediction here- but I think he'll be our best signing. 

Him, Mckay , Boycey, Oda, Shanks,  some liquid football is on the horizon.

Shame it's on loan but hopefully he doesn't impress that much -Would like us to sign him permanently

Just saw this. I think he is a mistake and could be one of our worst. Never going to roll his sleeves up. Never.

1 minute ago, Prehen said:

Just saw this. I think he is a mistake and could be one of our worst. Never going to roll his sleeves up. Never.

Does look more like a flair player than a worker like shanks. Boy has got talent but needs to probably up his work rate at games like killie if he ever wants to make it at Rangers or Hearts. Reckon he his better of the bench to change a games dynamic when opposition is tired . He  seemed lost on sunday not sure he knew where he was ment to be playing at times. Reckon Barry mckay is a better player as wee Barry works hard for the team but like most flair players can be frustrating at times.

1 hour ago, jtkb said:

Does look more like a flair player than a worker like shanks. Boy has got talent but needs to probably up his work rate at games like killie if he ever wants to make it at Rangers or Hearts. Reckon he his better of the bench to change a games dynamic when opposition is tired . He  seemed lost on sunday not sure he knew where he was ment to be playing at times. Reckon Barry mckay is a better player as wee Barry works hard for the team but like most flair players can be frustrating at times.

Agreed. And ps, I don't take any satisfaction in posting what I did earlier.

5 minutes ago, Prehen said:

Agreed. And ps, I don't take any satisfaction in posting what I did earlier.

No worries you are entitled to your opinion buddy. 😁

Give the kid a break, like all the new arrivals it's going to take time to adjust and grow into the team.  He has bags of talent, you can see that, he just needs time to settle.

10 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Give the kid a break, like all the new arrivals it's going to take time to adjust and grow into the team.  He has bags of talent, you can see that, he just needs time to settle.

Far too sensible a post for the pant wetter and moon howlers to comprehend 😂 

2 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Far too sensible a post for the pant wetter and moon howlers to comprehend 😂 

So we can not discuss new players now or we are pant wetters and moon howlers. This Is football discussions about hearts no ?

On 13/08/2023 at 19:47, Prehen said:

Thought Lowry was really poor. That follows a really poor show against Rosenborg.

He's just a shite Barrie McKay 😀

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jtkb said:

So we can not discuss new players now or we are pant wetters and moon howlers. This Is football discussions about hearts no ?

You can be a pant howler and moon wetter if you so choose. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Prehen said:

Probably not, he likes a short sleeve top I believe. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

26 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

This. Snap judgements all over the board right now. All sugar or all shite, nothing in between.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You can be a pant howler and moon wetter if you so choose. 

I am neither buddy you seem to like labels what are you a ubber fan ? 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

This. Snap judgements all over the board right now. All sugar or all shite, nothing in between.

It's ridiculous really, in the door a minute and condemned for being shite 

:vrface:

12 minutes ago, jtkb said:

It's the instant judgements, plays first game- he's Messi 2nd game he's Jim Denny. Let's all just have a bit patience. See how things are in a month.

Absolute Scenes

holy fecking moly 😂

has played 3 games for us - sub appearance debut changed the game, then starts against difficult opposition away from home in a euro tie, and again against Killie at home - and is being labelled by one roaster as one of our worst ever loans

The term 'opinion' gets used too much as a crutch for idiots to lean on and say whatever rubbish they want, when the truth is they are as thick as pig shit

Writing off a player after less than 3 full games is a new low for this place

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, jtkb said:

of course you can

But dont entertain absolute mugs who write off players after 3 games and use the term "discussion" - what should be discussed is how their level of IQ has got them to a computer screen and logged in

1 minute ago, bigdav said:

It's the instant judgements, plays first game- he's Messi 2nd game he's Jim Denny. Let's all just have a bit patience. See how things are in a month.

FYI Jim Denny from when things really were bad.

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

of course you can

But dont entertain absolute mugs who write off players after 3 games and use the term "discussion" - what should be discussed is how their level of IQ has got them to a computer screen and logged in

Did not agree with that poster just acknowledged there right to talk utter pish 🤣

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

because of a win and draw in our first two games. 

And a defeat to a better team than us in Europe.

How do hearts fans get through each day without trying to launch themselves into the sea

11 minutes ago, bigdav said:

FYI Jim Denny from when things really were bad.

Jim Denny. In both Hearts and Rangers worst ever XI. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

How do hearts fans get through each day without trying to launch themselves into the sea

I guess by the posts on here some try and miss.

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I think everyone is a wee bit disappointed but I have zero doubts we'll improve. My main concern is Thursday and if we'll get it together in time.

17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

holy fecking moly 😂

has played 3 games for us - sub appearance debut changed the game, then starts against difficult opposition away from home in a euro tie, and again against Killie at home - and is being labelled by one roaster as one of our worst ever loans

The term 'opinion' gets used too much as a crutch for idiots to lean on and say whatever rubbish they want, when the truth is they are as thick as pig shit

Writing off a player after less than 3 full games is a new low for this place

Bang on mate it's embarrassing.

Then there's the other side where Vargas is being labelled a "cult hero", "star in the making" and "legend" after a 20 minute sub appearance. Mental. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think everyone is a wee bit disappointed but I have zero doubts we'll improve. My main concern is Thursday and if we'll get it together in time.

Agree just a timing thing was always going to be tough getting players up to speed just being in the door and start of season. Being involved so early in Europe with no real match practice was always going to be tough. But looking at our squad we have some real good players lowry being one of them. Thursday will be tough but reckon we will scrape through  shanks and boyce to score.