• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Chuck Berry

• Niemi’s gloves

DalryJambo
On 23/03/2024 at 13:04, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland lost second U19 qualifier to Georgia 3-2. Czechia play Italy this afternoon. Scotland bottom of group with all other teams winning 1 game so far.

As below Macaulay Tait started. Don't know about subs. Game wasn't on anywhere.

20240323_123559.jpg

Question regarding this...is it realistic for hearts to target having more Scottish youth players in our youth setup acrossall age groups? or are the players at u16, u17 etc all snapped up by bigger teams?

3-2.    The defence keep making mistakes giving ball away under pressure. 

4-2 😂 

Trough ball, tight onside call.   Wilson scores a lob, composed finishing. 

Edited by HMFC01

Jarhead

ES look pretty decent going forward but we could easily have been 4 or 5 up before they equalised!

Lovely finish by Wilson for the 4th. 

Niemi’s gloves
28 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

2-1.   **** knows who scored 😂 

I think es’s first was from their pacy right wing Honeyman. It was certainly a fine low shot across the keeper and in off the far post that gave Liam no chance. 

4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I think es’s first was from their pacy right wing Honeyman. It was certainly a fine low shot across the keeper and in off the far post that gave Liam no chance. 

Yeah it's one of those you don't save unless you cover the far post outright.    Or close ithe angle down more. 

Good match. 

CornhillHearts

Wilson who had a fine game and Thomson at the back who was having a stinker replaced.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

2-1.   **** knows who scored 😂 

Hearts say its a Rankin hatrick for Shire

section s heart

Good season for the young guys. Looks like a home win v Bo'ness next Friday would tie up 2nd place for the season. 

Come a long way and grown up a fair bit in the last 18 months. 

augusthearts
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

7 wins in a row

20240405_214112.jpg

Was a great game; very much end to end. Nice to see Morgaro Gomes in action again and plenty of young Hearts talent on show. 

Footballfirst
Posted (edited)

Strange sort of game. Hearts defence looked as if they had never played with one another before, but settled down once Matty Gillies came on for Thompson.  All four starting defenders ended up being booked.

Wilson's situation awareness was excellent in the 3 goals he was involved in.  First when he was alert to the keeper mis-controlling a pass back to put Hearts one up.  For his second, he had already picked up that the keeper was off his line when he controlled a pass forward and calmly lifted the ball over his head and into the net.  His contribution to Hearts fifth was as surprising as its perfect execution. I thought he was though to complete his hat trick and had maybe taken the ball a bit too close to the keeper, but had clearly picked up McLuckie's run and played the pass to give the winger a simple finish. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Niemi’s gloves

Certainly an entertaining game and a score of 9-5 or similar wouldn’t have been unreasonable. We obviously missed Rathie at the back, with Thompson playing there (out of position I think) alongside Smutek. At times we pressed forward a bit suicidally, and three of the five bookings the team picked up were for pulling back opponents to try to rectify things. 

Niemi’s gloves
42 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Good season for the young guys. Looks like a home win v Bo'ness next Friday would tie up 2nd place for the season. 

Come a long way and grown up a fair bit in the last 18 months. 

Agreed. If the BBC’s table is right (not always the case!) the win tonight ensures that we finish above Celtic B this season, which is something few would have predicted at the start of the season. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Chuck Berry

Good game for the neutral, and the dozen or so Germans appeared to enjoy it.

Celtic B can't overhaul us, and a win next week against Bo'ness secures 2nd spot with a game left.

Be good to get a crowd along for the last home game, maybe Hearts could make it free entry for ST holders.

Mikey1874
10 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Agreed. If the BBC’s table is right (not always the case!) the win tonight ensures that we finish above Celtic B this season, which is something few would have predicted at the start of the season. 

That's correct.

Hearts 66 points. Maximum Celtic can get is 65.

Lowland League haven't updated their table yet. 

Niemi’s gloves
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's correct.

Hearts 66 points. Maximum Celtic can get is 65.

Lowland League haven't updated their table yet. 

I had a look back at this thread on Pie and Bovril from late June, with predictions for the season ahead.

https://forum.pieandbovril.com/topic/288229-lowland-league-predictions-2324/#comments

The OP asked for predictions excluding the two B teams, but four of those replying listed all 18, with B team predictions of 

Celtic B 3rd, Hearts B 12th. (East Stirling fan)

Celtic B 1st, Hearts B 16th. (Linlithgow Rose fan)

Celtic B 3rd, Hearts B 11th. (No affiliation stated)

Celtic B 1st, Hearts B 10th. (Hearts fan!!)

So well done to the young lads and to Liam Fox on massively exceeding the expectations of this admittedly small sample.

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I had a look back at this thread on Pie and Bovril from late June, with predictions for the season ahead.

https://forum.pieandbovril.com/topic/288229-lowland-league-predictions-2324/#comments

The OP asked for predictions excluding the two B teams, but four of those replying listed all 18, with B team predictions of 

Celtic B 3rd, Hearts B 12th. (East Stirling fan)

Celtic B 1st, Hearts B 16th. (Linlithgow Rose fan)

Celtic B 3rd, Hearts B 11th. (No affiliation stated)

Celtic B 1st, Hearts B 10th. (Hearts fan!!)

So well done to the young lads and to Liam Fox on massively exceeding the expectations of this admittedly small sample.

Hearts have been a revelation. 2nd would be a nice message to everyone.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Table updated

https://slfl.co.uk/

jamboinglasgow

Saw this post yesterday on twitter

I recognised the name as he was interviewed on the box soccer video the club put out back in 2017.

Though watching it again, the presentation Hearts and box soccers were doing for the parents of Hearts U9s had a panel at the front featuring Roger Arnott, Craig Levein, Darren Murray, John Souttar and his Dad, John Colquhoun (as CEO of box soccer) and interestingly enough sitting on the panel was a 12 year old Macaulay Tait.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Saw this post yesterday on twitter

I recognised the name as he was interviewed on the box soccer video the club put out back in 2017.

Though watching it again, the presentation Hearts and box soccers were doing for the parents of Hearts U9s had a panel at the front featuring Roger Arnott, Craig Levein, Darren Murray, John Souttar and his Dad, John Colquhoun (as CEO of box soccer) and interestingly enough sitting on the panel was a 12 year old Macaulay Tait.

Coincidentally, his name came up when I was talking to a scout at the Oriam this morning.

Footballfirst

The goals from Friday night's game from Norrie Work.

On 06/04/2024 at 16:11, Footballfirst said:

Coincidentally, his name came up when I was talking to a scout at the Oriam this morning.

Is there still interest in Osborne. I thought he was struggling to get a game in the u16s never mind any game time with the U18s. Others his own age have gone past him, indeed now looks a boy who never sees a forward pass. Can only think training with first team was a tactic to get his to sign contract. Heard 2 had not signed and assume then one is Osborne.

scott herbertson

Good work from Norrie there. The boy Rankin for them looks decent.

RustyRightPeg
On 07/04/2024 at 11:01, Footballfirst said:

The goals from Friday night's game from Norrie Work.

James Wilson's second goal is outrageous. What a finish that is.

Footballfirst
15 minutes ago, FIGJAM said:

Is there still interest in Osborne. I thought he was struggling to get a game in the u16s never mind any game time with the U18s. Others his own age have gone past him, indeed now looks a boy who never sees a forward pass. Can only think training with first team was a tactic to get his to sign contract. Heard 2 had not signed and assume then one is Osborne.

You may be right about Osborne's contract.  He looked a top prospect when he was 11/12/13, then grew very quickly but seemed to lose a lot of coordination with it. He is now about 6' 4" and is only now growing into his body and getting that coordination back.  I think he still has good potential either in midfield or as a centre back.  

I have also heard that two have still to take up their contract offers, one of which has interest from down south, but the current thinking is that he is more likely to stay than not.

The club is trying to get in early with the contract offers (perhaps with exposure to the first team) in an effort to limit the number of losses to the EPL.  It's hardly surprising with some of the numbers being banded about if a player can survive the first couple of years down there.  Take Rory Wilson as an example. He left Rangers for Villa at 16 and performed well with their U18s and U21s. He is now 18 and has been offered a 5 year deal that dwarfs anything available in Scotland, other than to the top players at the OF. He hasn't even trained with Villa's first team yet. The other side of the coin is ex Hearts youngster Ewan Simpson who has hardly got a mention despite following the same path to Villa.

Another interesting one is Euan Glasgow. It seems he is exploring his eligibility to play for Portugal.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You may be right about Osborne's contract.  He looked a top prospect when he was 11/12/13, then grew very quickly but seemed to lose a lot of coordination with it. He is now about 6' 4" and is only now growing into his body and getting that coordination back.  I think he still has good potential either in midfield or as a centre back.  

I have also heard that two have still to take up their contract offers, one of which has interest from down south, but the current thinking is that he is more likely to stay than not.

The club is trying to get in early with the contract offers (perhaps with exposure to the first team) in an effort to limit the number of losses to the EPL.  It's hardly surprising with some of the numbers being banded about if a player can survive the first couple of years down there.  Take Rory Wilson as an example. He left Rangers for Villa at 16 and performed well with their U18s and U21s. He is now 18 and has been offered a 5 year deal that dwarfs anything available in Scotland, other than to the top players at the OF. He hasn't even trained with Villa's first team yet. The other side of the coin is ex Hearts youngster Ewan Simpson who has hardly got a mention despite following the same path to Villa.

Another interesting one is Euan Glasgow. It seems he is exploring his eligibility to play for Portugal.

I hope Osborne makes it. He was clearly earmarked early but no doubt struggled of late physically, for being too tall, as ridiculous as that sounds. He needs to grow into his body and then lets see where he is. Glasgow been called into Portugal is brilliant, as provides further evidence what Hearts are doing at Academy level. I am delighted he has decided to stay at Hearts and fight to get into B Team and progress from there.  No harm in our younger players hearing and seeing success stories. Hearts can not compete with money so must look at the non financial side in order to keep the best youth. 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

In regards to Aston Villa, its interesting to see that Aidan Borland has already trained with the first team at the age of 16. I have seen talk before that Simpson might not get a new contract, wonder if Hearts would look to take him back (if he was wanting to move back up to Scotland.)

I do think in the current climate for Scottish clubs, if it ends up only 1 doesn't sign a new contract then that is a great return for the club.

Chuck Berry

Last home game of the season tomorrow v Bo'ness. A win or a draw secures runners-up spot.

Be good to get a decent crowd along.

Niemi’s gloves
3 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Last home game of the season tomorrow v Bo'ness. A win or a draw secures runners-up spot.

Be good to get a decent crowd along.

Don’t think that’s quite right. A draw would ensure a top three finish but Bo’ness have 2 games left after this one so a three point lead isn’t enough. A win would more or less guarantee second, assuming no massive turnaround in goal difference in the remaining games. 

Hoping to get along. 

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Don’t think that’s quite right. A draw would ensure a top three finish but Bo’ness have 2 games left after this one so a three point lead isn’t enough. A win would more or less guarantee second, assuming no massive turnaround in goal difference in the remaining games. 

Hoping to get along. 

No you're correct, only a win seals runners-up.  A draw means we would need a win at Celtic next Friday to be sure in the last game.

Mikey1874
On 08/04/2024 at 11:40, Footballfirst said:

Selected for Portugal training

Mikey1874

Table below 

Bo'ness other fixtures are Broomhill away Tuesday and Stirling University home next Saturday.

As mentioned Hearts away to Celtic B next Friday. 

20240412_085402.jpg

Chuck Berry

If you're doing hee haw the night, get along to Ainslie for the last home game of the season.  The B team have been exceptional this season and can secure second spot.  I also believe Donald Park is finally retiring from coaching and will be his last home game.

Mikey1874

2 (edit 3) great chances for Bo'ness already. Hearts haven't got going. Very windy. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Great strike from Bo'ness.   Right in the corner.   Wee swerve to the right.   Keeper no chance. 

A goal each from our two wunderkinds that we fought off interest from the old firm and England to keep . Promising 

Mikey1874

Bo'ness have been pretty physical but don't like it back. Ref pretty lenient but booking each now. 

Crowd getting involved.