Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )

Waterboy

10 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Is the game on Hearts World tomorrow for overseas subscribers?

I see the PPV info but nothing about overseas viewers.

Thanks 

you will get on vipleague.lc no need to buy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• JimmyCant

• Waterboy

• Luckies1874

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Good luck with the drive lads. Things not looking great.....

That absolutely sucks for anyone who's stuck in Oslo, feel for you if you're in that position. 

Go grab a beer in Oslo and find a nice Norwegian womens shoulder to cry on...

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

That absolutely sucks for anyone who's stuck in Oslo, feel for you if you're in that position. 

Go grab a beer in Oslo and find a nice Norwegian womens shoulder to cry on...

I doubt many of us will come up to a Norwegian woman's shoulder.

If only there were some sort of alternative :sad:

We_are_the_Hearts

Weather was monsoon like in Oslo yesterday so no surprised. Lovely day here in Trondheim the stay, wee bit of a breeze

Looks like I'll have a spare ticket (concession) free to a good home. I'm sure you'll gain access even though it's a concession.

6 minutes ago, Gregor JT13 said:

Yous have a route that’s open? Says every road is shut online.

This route is open. And goes through an area that wasn't to badly hit with rain.

Anyone stuck in Oslo - there is a flight with DAT departing at 8.50 tomorrow morning to Orland which is pretty close to Trondheim. The airport is about 3 miles away from the town of Brekstad which as far as I can see has a fast ferry (around 1hr) to Trondheim or is about a 2hr drive. Price for the flight seems to be about £180 one way

52 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's lost nothing, he still has his goods to sell

So you are saying that it's only theft if the victim has lost something? Really? 

Another option are flights from Oslo to Roros with Wideroe, departing 5.50pm today or 6am tomorrow coming in at just under £200 tonight or just over £100 tomorrow. It's then approx 3hrs on a bus to Trondheim. There's a bus at 9.15pm tonight or 9.22am tomorrow. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

So you are saying that it's only theft if the victim has lost something? Really? 

All I'm saying is that downloading something for free and shoplifting aren't the same thing like the guy said.

Bunny Munro
Just now, Smithee said:

All I'm saying is that downloading something for free and shoplifting aren't the same thing like the guy said.

They do both have the same affect on those paying for the product/service - they have to pay more to cover the thiefs.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

They do both have the same affect on those paying for the product/service - they have to pay more to cover the thiefs.

No they don't.

If I went on Kazaa and downloaded some banger, it didn't cost anyone a single penny.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

He's lost nothing, he still has his goods to sell

He has lost a potential market for his goods 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

He has lost a potential market for his goods 

Yeah but he hasn’t lost anything, production and talent are free but also invincible. 😂

:cornette:

Bunny Munro
Just now, Smithee said:

No they don't.

If I went on Kazaa and downloaded some banger, it didn't cost anyone a single penny.

Of course they do.

Let's look at the hearts stream, with simple numbers to prove the point.

Let's just say hearts assume 20,000 people will watch the match. They have paid Norwegian broadcasters for access to the feed. Let's say they have paid £200,000 for the access.

If everyone who watches the match pays for the stream, hearts will break even selling it for £10.

If 5000 people stream it illegally, only 15,000 pay Hearts. Therefore they earn £150,000 turnover and -£50,000 profit(loss). Hearts lose £50,000

So to avoid the loss, Hearts assume that 5000 will stream illegally, and work out that to break even with 15000 paying costumers they need to charge £13.33. 

Either Hearts lose money or Hearts put the price up and fans that pay have to pay more.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yeah but he hasn’t lost anything, production and talent are free but also invincible. 😂

:cornette:

He hasn't 🤷‍♂️ 

A potential thing isn't a thing.

Shoplifters don't get prosecuted because the shopkeeper lost a potential market.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Of course they do.

Let's just say hearts assume 20,000 people will watch the match. They have paid Norwegian broadcasters for access to the feed. Let's say they have paid £200,000 for the access.

If everyone who watches the match pays for the stream, hearts will break even selling it for £10.

If 5000 people stream it illegally, only 15,000 pay Hearts. Therefore they earn £150,000 turnover and -£50,000 profit(loss). Hearts lose £50,000

So to avoid the loss, Hearts assume that 5000 will stream illegally, and work out that to break even with 15000 paying costumers they need to charge £13.33. 

Either Hearts lose money or Hearts put the price up and fans that pay have to pay more.

I'm not talking about hearts streams though, I'm talking specifically about that guy downloading tunes in the 90s.

Gregor JT13
15 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Another option are flights from Oslo to Roros with Wideroe, departing 5.50pm today or 6am tomorrow coming in at just under £200 tonight or just over £100 tomorrow. It's then approx 3hrs on a bus to Trondheim. There's a bus at 9.15pm tonight or 9.22am tomorrow. 

Have checked there but seems the buses are cancelled 

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

Of course they do.

Yeh it's bullshit. Costs go up for everyone else and then people say it's too expensive and more people steal. Rinse and repeat and eventually there will just be no coverage as it makes no money and everyone loses.

Bunny Munro
Just now, Smithee said:

I'm not talking about hearts streams though, I'm talking specifically about that guy downloading tunes in the 90s.

So a guy pays £200000 to record an album. He has to recoup that money. 

Exactly the same thing.

Either he loses out on the money he should earn for doing his job, or everyone else has to pay more to buy the album (or concert tickets, or t-shirts) to cover the loss.

JudyJudyJudy

Now why doesn’t it surprise me that our resident pot head thinks it Ok to chore music ? 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Exactly the same thing.

Either he loses out on the money he should earn for doing his job, or everyone else has to pay more to buy the album (or concert tickets, or t-shirts) to cover the loss.

Exactly 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Exactly the same thing.

As above though, no shoplifter's ever been prosecuted because of loss of potential market.

All I'm saying is that shoplifting and downloading a tune in the 90s aren't the same thing, because nothing goes missing from inventory.

Ffs I pay for my music, don't shoot the messenger :laugh2:

Bunny Munro
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

As above though, no shoplifter's ever been prosecuted because of loss of potential market.

All I'm saying is that shoplifting and downloading a tune in the 90s aren't the same thing, because nothing goes missing from inventory.

Ffs I pay for my music, don't shoot the messenger :laugh2:

If you mean the same way stabbing someone to death and punching someone to death are different, then I agree with you.

Arnold Southham

I think many here underestimate Rosenborg. Their coach Svein Maalen was in their coaching-team when they joined the champions leauge in 2008. They also beat Ajax in the europa leauge play-off in 2017, and lost the Champhions-leauge play-off against Dinamo Zagreb in 2019. Many off the players from 2019 is still in the club, and they finished 3. in the national leauge last year, scoring impressive 69 goals. But anyway I think we could beat them over two matches if we play well.

9 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Does anyone know why today's Edinburgh to Trondheim flight is 

Edited by cl1874
Misread post

13 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Hopefully all Stormtroopers.

I see Smithee's point, where something isn't zero-sum or the offering is infinite, the other person hasn't lost a physical item of value...but it totally undermines that persons labour and skill and shafts others who do pay. I didn't appreciate that as a kid in the 90s/early 2000s, I do now.

Not paying for services or transport doesn't see a physical loss to the provider either but it's still bottom feeding behaviour imo.

Edited by Taffin

10 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Does anyone know why today's Edinburgh to Trondheim flight is cancelled?

Possibly because of storm "Hans", severe flooding which has closed roads, cancelled trains and even affected air travel.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/08/storm-hans-causes-havoc-in-norway-with-heaviest-rain-in-25-years-forecast

Edited by cazzyy

JudyJudyJudy

The pics coming in now from Norway from a mate . I would have gone , it wasn’t. The cost , it was the planes trains automobiles part of it I couldn’t do ! 😎

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The pics coming in now from Norway from a mate . I would have gone , it wasn’t. The cost , it was the planes trains automobiles part of it I couldn’t do ! 😎

Loverly Scottishness weather in Stavanger right now, JJJ.

You are missing a FAB trip. 😎

40 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Does anyone know why today's Edinburgh to Trondheim flight is cancelled?

It’s not been cancelled. It’s delayed 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Loverly Scottishness weather in Stavanger right now, JJJ.

You are missing a FAB trip. 😎

Awe right don’t rub it in …. 😂😂

8 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Announced as cancelled at the airport.

6 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Showing as cancelled on Edinburgh Airport’s website, but says it’s delayed 35 mins on Flight Radar. Also coming up as cancelled on arrivals board in Trondheim. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, 51Jambo51 said:

Showing as cancelled on Edinburgh Airport’s website, but says it’s delayed 35 mins on Flight Radar. Also coming up as cancelled on arrivals board in Trondheim. 

Hopefully it isn’t 

Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I see Smithee's point, where something isn't zero-sum or the offering is infinite, the other person hasn't lost a physical item of value...but it totally undermines that persons labour and skill and shafts others who do pay. I didn't appreciate that as a kid in the 90s/early 2000s, I do now.

Not paying for services or transport doesn't see a physical loss to the provider either but it's still bottom feeding behaviour imo.

or in a word ... theft.

Edited by Francis Albert

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

If only someone had asked the same question on this very thread within the last 3 hours.

I wasn’t reading everything on the off chance but thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

8 minutes ago, 51Jambo51 said:

That’s the teams flight