Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )

Waterboy

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

It's called vg.nor but if,as it now seems likely, hearts are doing a ppv,that sounds easier.

Yeah just seen that. I'll use the PPV. Cheers anyway 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• JimmyCant

• Waterboy

• Luckies1874

Oda be a JT
48 minutes ago, Jol51 said:

The Leeds game was on PPV and I couldn't get it on mine

My in-laws got it on theirs…not the usual channels though as couldn’t find it, they actually ended up finding it on a random channel by mistake lol

1 hour ago, Oda be a JT said:

I will still be paying the £12 so the club get money personally.

Each to their own though.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I'd like to think most Hearts fans will do the same 

The £12 I save I'll spend in the Hibs club shop so the money stays local.

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

You could get their entire back four for that 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
38 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Zagreb and AEK game postponed due to  a death during violent clashes between fans in Athens.

Really hope we are not going to Greece

It was a Greek fan that was killed by a Croatian I believe 

Scott980612
29 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Zagreb and AEK game postponed due to  a death during violent clashes between fans in Athens.

Just reading this the now. 
Absolute insanity what goes in some parts  of Europe. 

Turkish\Greek more than anyone  

Rocky jamboa

A nice little earner for the club. I'd imagine a good 5,000-10,000 fans will pay the PPV? so £65k-£130k revenue. We'd maybe get half that??

Thought they might have done something for it in the Gorgie Suite as well. 

Oda be a JT
26 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Although I quoted you, I assure you it was not a dig (see my post after the one you quoted) 👍🏼

merseyjambo
39 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Probably down to the hooligan element on both sides.

The Zagreb lads are absolute monsters. I’d worked at Etihad when they played City a few years ago and their hooligan element are not 15-20 year old kids running rounded in Stone Island. They are cage fighting roid heads. They went absolutely apeshit at a city fan who flashed then a Hajduk Split shirt and 3 Croat cops who looked more like hooligans than the hooligans steamed into the City end and gripped the lad up.

Never actually worked when the Manchester teams have played anyone Greek.

8 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

Although I quoted you, I assure you it was not a dig (see my post after the one you quoted) 👍🏼

I know. I'm just being a d1ck.

But not a troll....because that's against forum rules.

Love you Mods!!!

1 hour ago, Jol51 said:

The Leeds game was on PPV and I couldn't get it on mine

It was under pre season friendlies.

Friendly 03 👍🏻

Just got to do a bit of hunting sometimes Jol 

Oda be a JT
4 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I know. I'm just being a d1ck.

But not a troll....because that's against forum rules.

Love you Mods!!!

No worries, I actually found it funny so mods can look away!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm normally relatively well off, toiling a bit this month with some other expense, really sympathetic to those with kids. So many games in first month and another 13 quid to watch a stream. 

Really don't blame anyone for finding a way to watch 

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

any punishment for either country? 

4 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Unless something dramatic has happened that's the home leg 

Yup it is home leg

22 minutes ago, R1874 said:

any punishment for either country? 

UEFA awaiting police report.

PAOK were also involved in fatal clashes last year 

it was a Greek fan killed

The new West End
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Lots of stabbings in Greece domestic matches yet the Super Cup still gets allocated to them.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Don’t do dodgy ways, so I’ll be getting the Hearts PPV stream

Nothing dodgy about the Norwegian stream and I'll still be using that if the quality's better

Don't know what you mean by dodgy

Are you saying you'd not watch a link on here if you think it's 'dodgy' and go without any video stream?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Nothing dodgy about the Norwegian stream and I'll still be using that if the quality's better

Don't know what you mean by dodgy

Are you saying you'd not watch a link on here if you think it's 'dodgy' and go without any video stream?

-

Folk can do what they want to do. I choose to watch things that are not illegal or questionable about their legality. I’m well aware I’m likely in the minority in this though.

been here before

Shame its not on the beeb, youtube or being streamed elsewhere.

Promised myself that during the covid season where all we had was Hearts TV, that given the choice I would never watch it again. Its ****in awful.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Promised myself that during the covid season where all we had was Hearts TV, that given the choice I would never watch it again. Its ****in awful.

What are you on about?😂

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Huh??

gorgierulesapply88
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

The 2 teapots that commentate are often clueless! And waffle absolute mince!

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Folk can do what they want to do. I choose to watch things that are not illegal or questionable about their legality. I’m well aware I’m likely in the minority in this though.

I don't do anything illegal and you sure can do whatever you like

There's nothing illegal about clicking on a stream on a website though

I paid Hearts TV for years, even in the off season, but the quality of the picture is unacceptably bad

It seems like a direct feed from Norway, so unless it's downsampled, it should be the same

It was the beginning of the end for me, though, when Hearts TV used a feed from killie that was so good at 1080p, 50/60Fps, that it was like looking through glass

Until Hearts TV matches this, it will be only by necessity; it's only Jimmy I like too, I also know him from way back

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Better than nothing though 😏

and definitely better than radio Scotland Sportsound. 

I think in terms of EU law watching a stream is "legal" providing it is "illegal". I suspect the UK or Scottish law will still, for the moment, be in line with that. 

It's strange our moral compass on things like this. Back in the 90s I used to Dowland music illegally but I'd never shoplift but essentially they are the same.... stealing.

And who hasn't speeded? 🤷‍♂️ even just by accident.

Ricardo Quaresma
53 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

I think in terms of EU law watching a stream is "legal" providing it is "illegal". I suspect the UK or Scottish law will still, for the moment, be in line with that. 

It's strange our moral compass on things like this. Back in the 90s I used to Dowland music illegally but I'd never shoplift but essentially they are the same.... stealing.

There are a lot of sites that subscribe to a service and stream it to the public, yes

The most that happens to them, majorly, is that their webhost is forced to stop the stream, which is why they sometimes choose an obscure country to stream it from, with no agreement with EU, US and the rest of the set, I won't bore you with details

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

They're not the same though, if you take something from a shop, that's an item that they've spent money on with the intention of selling. It's no longer in their inventory as it's been taken, so that's a loss.

If you download a song, nothing's been taken out of any inventory, the company still have the same product to sell, so it's no actual loss to them.

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, Daveandal said:

IPTV is cool!

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, The new West End said:

Lots of stabbings in Greece domestic matches yet the Super Cup still gets allocated to them.

Spillettos talk. 

John Findlay
8 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

You buying the whole shop?

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

They're not the same though, if you take something from a shop, that's an item that they've spent money on with the intention of selling. It's no longer in their inventory as it's been taken, so that's a loss.

If you download a song, nothing's been taken out of any inventory, the company still have the same product to sell, so it's no actual loss to them.

I'm not so sure. An artist has created something, music, and wants you to pay for using/listening to their service.  You are stealing their work. 

Gorgierools
8 hours ago, been here before said:

Absolute twaddle. Nowadays very few technical issues and probably the best balanced commentary from all club sites. I live abroad and international is a godsend. Yes I have iptv and could watch the same channel for free but that's steeling from the club. Watching sky,BBC etc on it doesn't even flutter my moral compass though.

been here before
1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Absolute twaddle. Nowadays very few technical issues and probably the best balanced commentary from all club sites. I live abroad and international is a godsend. Yes I have iptv and could watch the same channel for free but that's steeling from the club. Watching sky,BBC etc on it doesn't even flutter my moral compass though.

The commentators are horse shit, absolutely awful. Surely in this day and age a commentary free option is there.

**** knows what the rest of your rant is about.

Gorgierools
Just now, been here before said:

The commentators are horse shit, absolutely awful. Surely in this day and age a commentary free option is there.

**** knows what the rest of your rant is about.

Commentary free? Do you have a volume switch? Not too complicated to use. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

How much do you think the club makes from Hearts TV, from normal subs and separately from PPV events?

I'm estimating a very low amount and from the rosenborg away game, about £1 per person

Gorgierools
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

How much do you think the club makes from Hearts TV, from normal subs and separately from PPV events?

I'm estimating a very low amount and from the rosenborg away game, about £1 per person

I have no idea but doubt it's a lot as Laurie and Jimmy regularly have to sprint across the stadium at half time to get a coffee. Maybe they're even making a loss. Maybe it's very small margins but both these make it even more important that I pay for it. This month on Hearts TV international I'll get 5 matches live for £15.99. Great value.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Gorgierools said:

I have no idea but doubt it's a lot as Laurie and Jimmy regularly have to sprint across the stadium at half time to get a coffee. Maybe they're even making a loss. Maybe it's very small margins but both these make it even more important that I pay for it. This month on Hearts TV international I'll get 5 matches live for £15.99. Great value.

£15.99? I hope they've fixed the quality issues, then

You could be right about making a loss for this game, though, but I reckon the club are doing it for the supporters, which is a good thing; still, I would hope they're making a small profit, at least

been here before
35 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Commentary free? Do you have a volume switch? Not too complicated to use. 

Why would anyone want to watch it in silence? Do you sit at games with your crayons stuck in your ears blocking out all the noise?

You're really not thinking things through here are you?

49 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

I hope they're not making a loss. It's poor patter stealing stuff and expecting others to foot the bill at the best of times, but from your own club is particularly poor imo. (Not meaning the Norwegian paid stream btw)

That said, delighted they've got it on, well done to them for making it happen 👍

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Anyone know how the ticket sales are doing for the home tie? 

Plenty seats available but not as many as the wee team have available 👍

Gorgierools
21 minutes ago, been here before said:

Why would anyone want to watch it in silence? Do you sit at games with your crayons stuck in your ears blocking out all the noise?

I get the feeling you'd be happy talking to your imaginary pals so crack on.

been here before
1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

I get the feeling you'd be happy talking to your imaginary pals so crack on.

Oooft, blistering :rofl:

Ricardo Quaresma
36 minutes ago, been here before said:

I'll tell you one thing, referring to the mhanks as 'the hoops' is a euphimism and completely crosses the line; boak inducing, they are scum

14 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Plenty seats available but not as many as the wee team have available 👍

Aye, I saw their sales 😳 Considering their home tie is tomorrow, they are pretty bad! 

6975052F-C6D1-4C30-BAC5-FEE93D2C0890.jpeg

Ricardo Quaresma

I think in all honesty, they suspect they're out; I agree, I think they're out too

No satisfaction taken, really, though, it is what it is

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma