• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• RobboM

periodictabledancer
5 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Fingers crossed now mate.  Just have to sit here and hope it pishes it down all day now :) 

Daily Mail's Lawrence Booth: I hate to say this, but rain could be hitting Edgbaston around 6.30 for 15-20 minutes. It's 5.45, and Australia need 72, England three wickets.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Daily Mail's Lawrence Booth: I hate to say this, but rain could be hitting Edgbaston around 6.30 for 15-20 minutes. It's 5.45, and Australia need 72, England three wickets.

Mon the draw :lol:  3/1 now. 

9 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Ooft

11 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Aw man. The game deserves a proper result

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20 overs

I know they said minimum 67 overs today, but how do they decide if they keep on going once those overs are done? Light conditions? 

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I know they said minimum 67 overs today, but how do they decide if they keep on going once those overs are done? Light conditions? 

67 overs and game is finished

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

67 overs and game is finished

Australia to get the winning runs on the final ball then. 

Can't see anything other than an England win now. Probably be done in the next 10 minutes. It's been a close match all the way and I think Australia will get better than England will on the back of it. 

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Can't see anything other than an England win now. Probably be done in the next 10 minutes. It's been a close match all the way and I think Australia will get better than England will on the back of it. 

If England had fielded like Australia the game could have been over yesterday. Aussie fielding near immaculate to take it this close. Still set up for a great series regardless

11 minutes ago, RobboM said:

If England had fielded like Australia the game could have been over yesterday. Aussie fielding near immaculate to take it this close. Still set up for a great series regardless

The Aussies missed chances too. And England will still be stuck with Bairstow behind the wicket for the rest of the series. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

This has been some game, epic swings back and forth today.  New ball now surely

thehibsareintheirbeds

New ball not worked out too well 😬 Tough ask now, Cummins looks solid

manaliveits105

BBC 

Australia's last man Josh Hazlewood is nervously jogging on the spot in the dressing room.

aye ? 

Malinga the Swinga

Great win for Australia. Not sure bouncing Lyon and Cummings was answer when they were so well set. Field positions just allowed them to get single after single but that's easy to say after event of course.

Could be a classic series

Malinga the Swinga

If you didn't enjoy that, sport is not for you. Apart from Robinson getting a bit heated when he got Khawaja out, both teams seem to get along (not surprising as they play for same teams in 20/20).

Roll on next game 

Can't believe I was late leaving for the pub to watch the football because I was watching bloody cricket. Worth it though🙂🙂

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If you didn't enjoy that, sport is not for you. Apart from Robinson getting a bit heated when he got Khawaja out, both teams seem to get along (not surprising as they play for same teams in 20/20).

Roll on next game 

Robinson did his best to have me supporting Australia but chalked it up to just him being a knob.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Fair play, that’s a sensational win

I still find England’s declaration a bit odd. Makes for great cricket but very risky tactically 

Pasquale for King

Brilliant test, Australia just a bit better in every aspect of the game. Looking forward to the next four tests. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fair play, that’s a sensational win

I still find England’s declaration a bit odd. Makes for great cricket but very risky tactically 

Yeah another 30 runs may well have been enough but we will never know. 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah another 30 runs may well have been enough but we will never know. 

No declaration and it would have been a draw.

Australia approaching game quite negatively mostly but fair play for finishing it off. 

132goals1958
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Robinson did his best to have me supporting Australia but chalked it up to just him being a knob.

Me too. Unacceptable and obnoxious behaviour which you would have never associated with cricket in years gone by. No need for it and should be accountable for bringing the game into disrepute. 

Excellent test match.

For me, the declaration wasn't the issue. England's thin spin options were. Can't legislate for Moen's injury, but Root's last over going for 14 swung it for the Aussies. IMO 

Malinga the Swinga

Anyone care to explain why Scotland only gave 7 overs to McMullen, 5 for 35, yet allowed Ireland to rebuild their innings, 286, when we had them 17 for 3 and 70 odd for 5. McMullen taken off when had 3 wickets for handful of runs and not brought back on till way to late.

Basically made our task way harder than it should have been.

If we lose, then captain needs to take responsibility for major tactical error.