• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Would be happy to give SN a chance next year and would be right behind , however we need to have a clear out for him to have any chance , and that’s my worry , I think we will be reliant on Grant, Forrest , Atkinson , Kio etc along with a few who the jury is still out on Gino , Rowles , Devlin 

merseyjambo
17 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Unless you're on the board or at Hearts you don't know who's expressed an interest.

That said, failure to finish third just made us a lot less attractive for next season. :(

Those that will have expressed an interest will be predominantly those who are out of a job.

The SPL is not really seen as a stepping stone to better things which is the unfortunate truth. Gerrard moved to Villa based on more who he was, after that you tell me the last manager to move to a bigger gig. Robinson, went to the mighty Morecambe (IIRC) and failed. Goodwin. No. McInnes many moons ago went to Bristol City and got sacked and despite his 2nd place finishes with Aberdeen, is now at the night of Kilmarnock. Jack Ross, highly regarded when he left SPL to go to Sunderland. Failed. Lennon, been sacked from about every club he’s managed. Name a manager who has recently left Scottish football and been successful in their next position. FML, even the idol of some that is Robbie Neilson failed at the might of MK Dons.

The only manager who I can think of who has gone down and made it was Hecky. Derided at Hibs for being shite yet has taken Sheff U to the promised land after years away from it.

Ange may move on but I suspect it will be the continent. 

Ambitious managers do not come to the SPL. 

Which leaves guys like wee Lee who have managed bigger clubs, got sacked and are now looking to rebuild their reputation. In that boat, off the top of my head it’s Danny Cowley or Nathan Jones and I doubt we could afford Jones plus suspect he’ll end up at a Derby or Pompey. 

Edited by merseyjambo

46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What are people watching to dis Naismith? He’s got us playing good football and went to ibrox and stood up to the Huns. He’s instilled some pride in a failing side and improved several players that some of us had all but written off. 

Why anyone wouldn’t want to see what he could do after a transfer window and a pre season is beyond me. 

:spoton:

Costly mistakes ****ed up the game plan and momentum we had. SN has shown he doesn’t put up with it, beat hibs he deserves a proper go at it. I’m not going to be kicking and screaming if he doesn’t get it but he deserves it imo. 

31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Costly mistakes ****ed up the game plan and momentum we had. SN has shown he doesn’t put up with it, beat hibs he deserves a proper go at it. I’m not going to be kicking and screaming if he doesn’t get it but he deserves it imo. 

I’m the same, if the board come up with a better option then I’m all for it but none of the names I’ve seen on here (the realistic ones) interest me. What is also concerning is the fact the only decent manager we’ve had since admin was Robbie. Would rather stick with Naismith after the good work he’s done so far. 

Bazzas right boot

Outside of Maybe  an O'Neil/ Warburton/ A Neil type appointment I have no issue with Naismith and prefer him over a Robinson/ Davidson type.

Many of the foreign guys being mentioned won't be interested,  pie in the sky stuff.

I think it will be Naismith. 

36 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Agreed, his post match comments are spot on, thrown away an 11 lead over Aberdeen, not good enough, losing soft goals again, not good enough. 

He's a winner and that what we should be looking for in a manager. I'm sure if he gets the gig he'll empty out a lot of the shite assembled by Neilson and Savage who are simply not good enough.

Angry Haggis
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Unless you're on the board or at Hearts you don't know who's expressed an interest.

That said, failure to finish third just made us a lot less attractive for next season. :(

Look it another way, LOTS of room for improvement for however is in the hot seat next. 

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m the same, if the board come up with a better option then I’m all for it but none of the names I’ve seen on here (the realistic ones) interest me. What is also concerning is the fact the only decent manager we’ve had since admin was Robbie. Would rather stick with Naismith after the good work he’s done so far. 

I’m trying figure out what these people who don’t want SN are actually looking for. All I’ve heard is experienced or not Scottish but wtf will that do ? Will the football or performances be better ? Not sure considering most seem delighted. Get more out of the same players ? Again doubtful when you look at the turnaround in form from some of them. Results ? Again debatable when you look at our history but the negative results were helped by some inexplicable refereeing and defending. 

If we perform and win on Saturday then that will be 5 good performances out of 7. The 2 others were a derby defeat a few days after taking over, and a poor performance against St Mirren but still managed a point. I think Saturday is crucial for him but a win and good performance should be enough for him to get the job. I think he’s done a very good job so far. 

kingantti1874

Great to see people coming round. Naisy has don’t very little wrong thus far. You can tell he was pissed off last night with the nature of the goals lost.

Edited by kingantti1874

I do not see him as the safe Neilson or Levein internal appointment, as many suggest, and think all he has learned from those two will be not to follow their methods. I would take SN over any of the names mentioned. I do not want another Cathro,  Levein, Neilson type ever again, and there are plenty of those type looking for a job. SN has not cost us third place, he was trying to salvage it. No appointment will get fans full backing, but he has the passion and commitment he had as a player and he will demand that. The coaching model that has kept us back for too many years has already been binned, players look unified, committed and fitter already. Some of the players we had written off have already responded to his new methods. There are players out of contract and some who will not fit in, hopefully we can clear the decks and let him bring in some of the players that I am sure he already has his eye on. Happy to give him a two year contract and would be looking forward to next season. The Derby result should not be the deciding factor, there is not much between the teams ATM. But we will playing to win ( not playing to avoid  defeat ) guaranteed.

Edited by Skacelsid
Missed a word

If Naismith is the best of the affordable applicants or those targeted by the board he should get it. If he isn't, he shouldn't.

We don't, and likely never will know who those others are.

I highly doubt a guy who's CV is coaching the juniors will be the best we can get though.

I'm opposed to it because it feels like another 'would you look at that we had the right man down the corridor all along'. I want someone with no ties to this regime previously.

Edited by Taffin

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

If Naismith is the best of the affordable applicants or those targeted by the board he should get. If he isn't, he shouldn't.

I highly doubt a guy who's CV is coaching the juniors will be the best we can get thought.

That last sentence is just stupid and disrespectful . Every coach in tbe game has started somewhere. He may go on to far bigger and better things that hearts. 

too many place value on experience, especially when considering the level of experience we can afford 

Edited by kingantti1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If Naismith is the best of the affordable applicants or those targeted by the board he should get. If he isn't, he shouldn't.

I highly doubt a guy who's CV is coaching the juniors will be the best we can get thought.

I'm opposed to it because it feels like another 'would you look at that we had the right man down the corridor all along'. I want someone with no ties to this regime previously.

agreed

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That last sentence is just stupid. He may go on to far bigger and better things that hearts.

too many place value on experience. 

We need experience, we've completely collapsed and buckled. I appreciate it's not as important given we've cocked up Europe now too but there's still a chance of getting through the qualifiers.

I don't think it's stupid at all. Certainly less stupid than wanting a guy because he shouts a lot and played for Everton.

Edit: also loads of employees at the club may go on to far bigger or better things. What's important though is now. Would you start playing a youth team player over an experienced pro just because he might end up really good? 

Edited by Taffin

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

That last sentence is just stupid. He may go on to far bigger and better things that hearts.

too many place value on experience. 

If experience means ‘proven track record’ then why wouldn’t you place value on it?

You know what I want to see? Our club prove that they can actually dig out and appoint a quality coach. To prove that our recruitment department is in any way worth its salt.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We need experience, we've completely collapsed and buckled. I appreciate it's not as important given we've cocked up Europe now too but there's still a chance of getting through the qualifiers.

I don't think it's stupid at all. Certainly less stupid than wanting a guy because he shouts a lot and played for Everton.

Edit: also loads of employees at the club may go on to far bigger or better things. What's important though is now. Would you start playing a youth team player over an experienced pro just because he might end up really good? 

We completely collapsed under neilson, becuase the players downed tools.

It’s pretty clear to all watching that is not the case now.  That the players are enjoying playing under naisy and giving it everything. 

The level of experience we can afford is turgid. most likely we’d end up with one of the well known names always bandied around in Scottish football who want to play slow depressing shite. 

I’ve enjoyed the football over the past 6 weeks, if we appoint a Steven Robinson or a Paul lambert I will ****ing cry.  AND THAT IS THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE WE WILL GET 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If experience means ‘proven track record’ then why wouldn’t you place value on it?

You know what I want to see? Our club prove that they can actually dig out and appoint a quality coach. To prove that our recruitment department is in any way worth its salt.

said it a ithundred times. We cannot afford a manager with an unblightwd proven track record.  IF we went for experience it will be 

1. Someone who has failed and is out of work. Those names are easily researchabke

2. Someone from a clubs small than hearts

its beyond ridiculous to rule out a coach becuase he’s already here

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s pretty clear to all watching that is not the case now.  That the players are enjoying playing under naisy and giving it everything. 

The level of experience we can afford is turgid. most likely we’d end up with one of the well known names always bandied around in Scottish football who want to play slow depressing shite. 

I’ve enjoyed the football over the past 6 weeks, if we appoint a Steven Robinson or a Paul lambert I will ****ing cry.  AND THAT IS THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE WE WILL GET 

We can afford much better than a Robinson or Lambert. Doesn't mean we will, as the board don't seem to place much value on a manager. They should though, and they should go out and get one with experience of the level we want to be at.

We either need much better players managed by a rookie, or a solid manager who can get more out of lesser players. This whole hoping they all develop on a whim and a prayer doesn't work.

I've enjoyed watching us under Naismith too, he hasn't really set the heather alight results wise though and he's yet to be tested in many scenarios we'll face. He might thrive, but let him find that out and learn somewhere else. Teams that want to consistently year in year be third and improving and competing in European group stage football tend not to achieve it with experimental appointments.

Ronald Villiers

I say give Naismith the job.  Huge improvement on Neilson, knows the players well, has us playing on the front foot etc.  He'll be aware of the areas of the team that need improvement (starting with our defence).  He'll have plenty of time to start looking for the players we need and get them in prior to the new season starting.  I don't see the point in appointing a new manager, who will need time to evaluate our squad, implement his tactics and playing style etc.  It would be great to hit the ground running next season and think that can be done under Naismith.

31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’m trying figure out what these people who don’t want SN are actually looking for. All I’ve heard is experienced or not Scottish but wtf will that do ? Will the football or performances be better ? Not sure considering most seem delighted. Get more out of the same players ? Again doubtful when you look at the turnaround in form from some of them. Results ? Again debatable when you look at our history but the negative results were helped by some inexplicable refereeing and defending. 

There will always be a small element who would be happy with the likes of Derek McInnes, a supposedly safe appointment. There are others who expect some big marquee appointment and others still who just don't like Naismith. I know nobody is coming out and saying they don't like him but it's pretty obvious. Let's face it if Neilson had got the side to put in the performances since the Hibs game, even including the St Mirren game, this board would be gushing with praise and there would be threads about how proud we are of Neilsons new tactics and battling dynamic Hearts.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

said it a ithundred times. We cannot afford a manager with an unblightwd proven track record.

So the same as any club, at any level, anywhere. No manager has an unblemished record. 

F we went for experience it will be 

1. Someone who has failed and is out of work. Those names are easily researchabke

It might be that, but it doesn't need to be. We've absolutely got the finances to get someone pretty decent. To date, we've just chosen not to and fritter it away on signings and other miscellaneous tat.

Nobody is ruling him out because of that. If he'd been the junior coach at Aberdeen if have been super wary of it too.

17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not loads, what do you think the ratio is 1 in 30 players, 1 in 40?

We never get a manager on the way up in his career. This could be our chance. It's a gamble sure but so is anyone else.

Edited by GinRummy

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We can afford much better than a Robinson or Lambert. Doesn't mean we will, as the board don't seem to place much value on a manager. They should though, and they should go out and get one with experience of the level we want to be at.

We either need much better players managed by a rookie, or a solid manager who can get more out of lesser players. This whole hoping they all develop on a whim and a prayer doesn't work.

I've enjoyed watching us under Naismith too, he hasn't really set the heather alight results wise though and he's yet to be tested in many scenarios we'll face. He might thrive, but let him find that out and learn somewhere else. Teams that want to consistently year in year be third and improving and competing in European group stage football tend not to achieve it with experimental appointments.

I just disagree with almost all of it

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Naismith has improved performances and individual players. Robbie was an experienced manager who has done well for us yet Steven has got more out of Atkinson and Oda than he did all season. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Not loads, what do you think the ratio is 1 in 30 players, 1 in 40?

We never get a manager on the way up in his career. This could be our chance. It's a gamble sure nut so is anyone else.

Yeh, I'd reckon it's even higher, probably 1 in 100 for will, but for might, it could be pretty much any one of them at a given point in time. If we keep people because they might do something, at some time in the future we'd never let anyone leave.

On the basis of going for a manager on his way up, you could just recruit anyone at a team below us. Right off the bat they'd be on the same trajectory.

Just now, Taffin said:

Yeh, I'd reckon it's even higher, probably 1 in 100 for will, but for might, it could be pretty much any one of them at a given point in time. If we keep people because they might do something, at some time in the future we'd never let anyone leave.

On the basis of going for a manager on his way up, you could just recruit anyone at a team below us. Right off the bat they'd be on the same trajectory.

I maybe didn't phrase it right. Was more meaning going on to bigger things than us. When was the last time that happened?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So the same as any club, at any level, anywhere. No manager has an unblemished record. 

It might be that, but it doesn't need to be. We've absolutely got the finances to get someone pretty decent. To date, we've just chosen not to and fritter it away on signings and other miscellaneous tat.

Nobody is ruling him out because of that. If he'd been the junior coach at Aberdeen if have been super wary of it too.

Financial we are about the 40th biggest in the. U.K.  when you consider no one will leave the championship voluntarily we are about 44th in line.  

we’ve read laughable names like Ralph hassenhuttl (£6m per year) Knutsen (turned down jobs over 40k per week) and Alex Neil who lots on here turned nose up at and he earns £26k per week.

I’d say absolute max about £10k per week. 

Jambo in Bathgate
20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If Naismith is the best of the affordable applicants or those targeted by the board he should get it. If he isn't, he shouldn't.

I highly doubt a guy who's CV is coaching the juniors will be the best we can get though.

Every candidate we can afford and want to come to Scotland is a risk. We took a risk with Stendal yes he worked wonders against Rangers but lost the other games. I say go with Naismith. The fans in the main have  been unified at Tynecastle like we haven’t seen for a long time. Saturday will take care of itself but going by past games at Tynecastle with Naismith in charge we have nothing to fear. Give him a rolling contract. It also means that we will have more money to use on his picks in the transfer market. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Naismith has improved performances and individual players. Robbie was an experienced manager who has done well for us yet Steven has got more out of Atkinson and Oda than he did all season. 

absolutely. And James Hill bar his slip last night he was good

I think this whole debate is pointless until after Saturday.  If we were to lose that game KB and social media would go into melt down with calls for everyone at Hearts to be emptied.  Personally I have yet to see a name that makes me think yeah he's the one to take us forward.  Based on the way the mood has changed at Tynecastle I would give Naismith the gig.  However a defeat on Saturday would be completely fatal to his chances.  

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I maybe didn't phrase it right. Was more meaning going on to bigger things than us. When was the last time that happened?

Almost never...which is why the odds of it suddenly being Neilson are slim to none. It's a poor argument for appointing him. There's some good ones, but "aye but he might go on to be amazing" is a pish one.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Financial we are about the 40th biggest in the. U.K.  when you consider no one will leave the championship voluntarily we are about 44th in line.  

we’ve read laughable names like Ralph hassenhuttl (£6m per year) Knutsen (turned down jobs over 40k per week) and Alex Neil who lots on here turned nose up at and he earns £26k per week.

I’d say absolute max about £10k per week. 

I'd say we can afford a million quid a year, and I believe a good manager is that important that we should. Why skimp on it?

Our wealth comparative to the richest leagues in the world tells us nothing. There's a big world out there, where we'd look an attractive proposition in terms of remuneration and exposure.

I'd near guarantee we've had some pretty interesting applicants.

Just now, TexasAndy said:

I think this whole debate is pointless until after Saturday.  If we were to lose that game KB and social media would go into melt down with calls for everyone at Hearts to be emptied.  Personally I have yet to see a name that makes me think yeah he's the one to take us forward.  Based on the way the mood has changed at Tynecastle I would give Naismith the gig.  However a defeat on Saturday would be completely fatal to his chances.  

It's only pointless if you haven't already made up your mind. If we lose on Saturday I can assure you i'll still support Naismith's appointment. I've seen enough not to let one game change my mind, even if it is a derby.

Luckies1874

If we lose another derby on Saturday thus meaning we finish below a rancid Hibernian side there is no way Naismith gets the job so it’s all kinda moot until we see what happens there. 

8 hours ago, Libertonian_II said:

Did it🤔 must've missed the bit where we equalised...

Sorry but that subbie was straight out of the Robbie wtf playbook! But go ahead explain it! N.B. A draw wasn't good enough!

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Almost never...which is why the odds of it suddenly being Neilson are slim to none. It's a poor argument for appointing him. There's some good ones, but "aye but he might go on to be amazing" is a pish one.

I'd say we can afford a million quid a year, and I believe a good manager is that important that we should. Why skimp on it?

Our wealth comparative to the richest leagues in the world tells us nothing. There's a big world out there, where we'd look an attractive proposition in terms of remuneration and exposure.

there is no danger we are paying £20k per week and I wouldn’t want to. Would rather keep naismith and spend a million on a Centre back

Francis Albert

He is a rookie manager with no experience of managing a team bigger than Hearts B. And Hearts B is his only and brief experience of managing.

The big factor in the improvement in the last 6 weeks is down to the fact that he is not Robbie.

Yes our attacking play has improved but from a very low base. But our defence remains as shambolic as under Robbie. Not surprisingly because no manager however experience will fix everything in six weeks.

Of course we will not get a big name manager but we will  have a huge choice of managers with a track record of more than 6 weeks. Any appointment will be a risk but it need not be what would amount to a fingers crossed shot on the dark.

Just now, Taffin said:

Wasn't really an argument to appoint him. Was more a comment that the managers we appoint never then go on to bigger things. We need to start looking at it differently and not go after the usual tripe that is quoted on here. An example being that if we were to appoint Robinson he'd be back managing relegation fodder or in league 2 england within a year. Time to try a different approach. Young, good football philosophy, gets players working as a team, improves individuals. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It's only pointless if you haven't already made up your mind. If we lose on Saturday I can assure you i'll still support Naismith's appointment. I've seen enough not to let one game change my mind, even if it is a derby.

I actually agree and would likely feel the same.  It's the meltdown from those with twitchy fingers every time a hearts player makes a mistake that I fear would gain traction were we to lose.  It hopefully wouldn't be defining and shouldn't be but can you imagine if we lose this and Naisy gets the job, he will always be just one defeat away from getting slaughtered.  It's extremely fickle but we just can't afford to lose on Saturday (and I don't think we will!)

Edited by TexasAndy

For Hearts now it is a case of where do we spend our budget. Buy an experienced Manager with zero or very little left for players or give SN a chance with a budget and improve the playing proposition. For me give SN the job passion and commitment is infectious and players who were serial underperformers have turned it around in a matters of weeks. 

upgotheheads
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

said it a ithundred times. We cannot afford a manager with an unblightwd proven track record.  IF we went for experience it will be 

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

29 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

I do not see him as the safe Neilson or Levein internal appointment, as many suggest, and think all he has learned from those two will be not to follow their methods. I would take SN over any of the names mentioned. I do not want another Cathro,  Levein, Neilson type ever again, and there are plenty of those type looking for a job. SN has not cost us third place, he was trying to salvage it. No appointment will get fans full backing, but he has the passion and commitment he had as a player and he will demand that. The coaching model that has kept us back for too many years has already been binned, players look unified, committed and fitter already. Some of the players we had written off have already responded to his new methods. There are players out of contract and some who will not fit in, hopefully we can clear the decks and let him bring in some of the players that I am sure he already has his eye on. Happy to give him a two year contract and would be looking forward to next season. The Derby result should not be the deciding factor, there is not much between the teams ATM. But we will playing to win ( not playing to avoid  defeat ) guaranteed.

This is where I am. Every young manager has to start somewhere, and ever since he stood on Broon's baws I knew he was a manager in the making.

And where on earth is this p15h coming from?

"John Kennedy Hearts manager comp as Celtic coach would cost Jambos six figures". 

There's a campaign out there to get Kennedy to cut his management teeth at Hearts so he can return to Celtic with some managerial experience later, and to get us to pay for it FFS

Just now, TexasAndy said:

I actually agree and would likely feel the same.  It's the meltdown from those with twitchy fingers every time a hearts player makes a mistake that I fear would gain traction were we to lose.  It hopefully wouldn't be defining and shouldn't be but can you imagine if we lose this and Naisy gets the job, he will always be just one defeat away from getting slaughtered.  It's extremelt fickle but we just can't afford to lose on Saturday (and I don't think we will!)

I think we'll win as well and agree with everything you've said.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Wasn't really an argument to appoint him. Was more a comment that the managers we appoint never then go on to bigger things. We need to start looking at it differently and not go after the usual tripe that is quoted on here. An example being that if we were to appoint Robinson he'd be back managing relegation fodder or in league 2 england within a year. Time to try a different approach. Young, good football philosophy, gets players working as a team, improves individuals. 

exactly.  We need to find a great coach because we are not appointing a ready made one.

I think we may already have found him. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I presume you don’t have skin the game but I don’t understand quite why you are so hell bent on Naismith being the man for the job.

For example, you are making stuff up about players giving it everything for Naismith every game.

Our away performances have still been utter pony. A draw at Ibrox is decent but we were Neilson-esque insipid for 3/4s of last night. Given it was a must win game the second half in particular was utterly woeful and devoid of drive and passion.

I don’t see how that 2-2 last night beats the 1-1 last season? 

You think I am blinkered - but I am not.

I have always said if it’s Naismith or a Robinson type character then it’s Naismith for me.

But I genuinely don’t see what Naismith has done to get all the over the top plaudits he is getting - other than being better than Neilson (which over a longer period of games is untested) - and people completely ignoring some of the gash.

The first sub last night? The subs against Hibs? The performances again Hibs and St Mirren? For most of last night we sat off Rangers and allowed them to dictate the game (a cardinal sin previously) with Clarke having at least 5 exceptional saves.

Naismith might work out if appointed- but what a lazy appointment it would be.

Luckies1874
5 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Exactly this. He desperately needs a win on Saturday. At a time we needed to be winning some matches a 6 game record of 2-2-2 is totally meh regardless of whether there has been positive aspects to the games and sound bites after them. A home loss to  Hibs is now unthinkable as would mean a pathetic 5th place finish. There is also a £500,000 difference in league prize money from 4th to 5th. 

merseyjambo

Quick google search 

Average Championship manager in England salary is north off 800k per year or 15k per week

Average League 1 Salary manager in England is 200k or about 4k per week

Even if we pushed the boat out and paid our manager more than our highest paid player, we still would struggle to recruit someone ‘decent’ who is currently in a job.

People need to be realistic with who we can get.

To those saying give someone 10k a week. Those sorts of managers will want a 3 year deal. if it doesn’t work out and we need to get rid we are in the hook for over a million quid. For a club our size, that’s far too much. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Sorry but that subbie was straight out of the Robbie wtf playbook! But go ahead explain it! N.B. A draw wasn't good enough!

When has a draw at Ibrox been a shit result for Hearts?  When was the last time Hearts won at Ibrox in the top tier?  Presumably that sub was to make us more competitive in midfield.  2-1 down at the time and finished 2-2, seems like it worked to me.

upgotheheads
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If paying a million quid a year guranteed a good manager then I would agree with you, but it doesn't. I would rather stick with the people who have shown character and ability in their playing career, and if there's one thing we know about Naismith is that he's got loads of both. 

I also like the way he handles interviews and behaves on the touchline, and hopefully e would spend less time sitting in the stand than Neilson did.