Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

When has a draw at Ibrox been a shit result for Hearts?  When was the last time Hearts won at Ibrox in the top tier?  Presumably that sub was to make us more competitive in midfield.  2-1 down at the time and finished 2-2, seems like it worked to me.

Opinions can differ.........taking an attacker off then later putting an attacker on made no sense to me! But well done an almost meaningless draw is good enough for some it seems!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

When has a draw at Ibrox been a shit result for Hearts?  When was the last time Hearts won at Ibrox in the top tier?  Presumably that sub was to make us more competitive in midfield.  2-1 down at the time and finished 2-2, seems like it worked to me.

Last year under Neilson? 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Jambo61 said:

Opinions can differ.........taking an attacker off then later putting an attacker on made no sense to me! But well done an almost meaningless draw is good enough for some it seems!

Aye because our squad is packed full of players that can come off the bench and turn a 2-1 deficit at Ibrox into a 3-2 win when we are barely in the game.  Was never going to happen whether the manager was Neilson, Naismith, Pep or Klopp. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Last year under Neilson? 

Nope. I must have missed us winning at Ibrox last year.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Quick google search 

Average Championship manager in England salary is north off 800k per year or 15k per week

Average League 1 Salary manager in England is 200k or about 4k per week

Even if we pushed the boat out and paid our manager more than our highest paid player, we still would struggle to recruit someone ‘decent’ who is currently in a job.

People need to be realistic with who we can get.

To those saying give someone 10k a week. Those sorts of managers will want a 3 year deal. if it doesn’t work out and we need to get rid we are in the hook for over a million quid. For a club our size, that’s far too much. 

A piss poor manager just cost us £5m, the importance of an experienced manger can not be under estimated, we need to go all out to get the best and pay the best we can. SN is not the answer, perhaps in the future but not right now, we can't afford an experiment.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Tiger said:

A piss poor manager just cost us £5m, the importance of an experienced manger can not be under estimated, we need to go all out to get the best and pay the best we can. SN is not the answer, perhaps in the future but not right now, we can't afford an experiment.

An experienced manager just cost us £5m.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Nope. I must have missed us winning at Ibrox last year.

Quote:

“Since when was a draw a bad result at Ibrox?”

I could have added to my response - when we needed a win.

Don't think we would have failed to beat Livi in 3 attempts under Naismith, that's how pish we were under Robbie.  Realistically third was lost by the time Neilson was sacked.

**** it, I'm absolutely fine keeping Naisy as manager if the alternative is someone like Robinson, Martindale, Davidson etc.

Unless we can bring in someone with better pedigree that's a genuine coop for us then give Naisy the reigns. The style of football (at home) has basically been unanimously accepted as great by the fans, he loves it here, he was a favourite as a player & he's rejuvenated much of the squad.

He's not got us 3rd but it was never in his hands especially after Aberdeen pulled a rabbit out the hat v Rangers and our away form still needs improving, but give him time to implement his ideas over pre season and see what happens. We aint going any further forward with the usual Scottish Football suspects at the helm and any fresh young coach is going to be a gamble.

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Cannot think of one manager at this time though that would excite me and take us forward.

4 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

**** it, I'm absolutely fine keeping Naisy as manager if the alternative is someone like Robinson, Martindale, Davidson etc.

Unless we can bring in someone with better pedigree that's a genuine coop for us then give Naisy the reigns. The style of football (at home) has basically been unanimously accepted as great by the fans, he loves it here, he was a favourite as a player & he's rejuvenated much of the squad.

He's not got us 3rd but it was never in his hands especially after Aberdeen pulled a rabbit out the hat v Rangers and our away form still needs improving, but give him time to implement his ideas over pre season and see what happens. We aint going any further forward with the usual Scottish Football suspects at the helm and any fresh young coach is going to be a gamble.

It’s a good point regarding that game against Rangers, and also Aberdeen getting St Mirren at home for a 3rd time post split. Damage was unfortunately done. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

At our level there isn’t a manager out there who is not an experiment in some way.

why do we have this notion that we can appoint a sure fire experienced manager who will go on to succeed.  How many times has that happened in the previous 40 years.? 

imagine JKB was around when we hired Alex Macdonald and Sandy Jardine as joint player managers 😂

15 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Robbie Neilson was an experienced manager. Folk are just somehow equating experienced with good. 

Who would you like to see us try and get? Or an example of someone similar at a comparable club to ours?

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Quote:

“Since when was a draw a bad result at Ibrox?”

I could have added to my response - when we needed a win.

So you were saying the 1-1 draw at Ibrox last season when Halkett equalised in injury time near the beginning of the season was a bad result?  How exactly?  We should have been around 4-0 down at half time, it was a great result.  

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

It’s a good point regarding that game against Rangers, and also Aberdeen getting St Mirren at home for a 3rd time post split. Damage was unfortunately done. 

Aye, that result was the pivotal game. While we shouldn't have been in the position where we had to rely on other teams to help us out I was still pretty confident we could finish 3rd especially after we just mauled Ross County the day before until that happened.

25 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye because our squad is packed full of players that can come off the bench and turn a 2-1 deficit at Ibrox into a 3-2 win when we are barely in the game.  Was never going to happen whether the manager was Neilson, Naismith, Pep or Klopp. 

Yet you applaud a player coming off the bench to secure a draw? Interesting!

26 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

BackOfTheNet

I like how he immediately acknowledges what was wrong and what we need to work on. But that he doesn’t throw individuals under the bus but makes clear that individuals cost us in certain situations. I like how he takes time to consider each answer instead of providing a throw away cliche or deflecting comment.

Unless something catastrophic happens against Hibs, or we can bag an exciting management prospect, then I’m actually all for Naismith getting the gig next season. I’m quite curious to see how we’d play with a pre-season under our belt and how he’d work with the recruitment team. And to see how he’d integrate youth.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

I’m not the slaver slaughtering our manager for getting a 2-2 draw at Ibrox. 

16 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Smith? He didn't come off the bench to secure a draw, our midfield was struggling and it was an attempt to get a grip of it and stem the flow. If you mean Kio then its was a good sub and improved us. Kuol got us the point. 

Not sure why anyone is disappointed with a draw at ibrox.

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Robbie Neilson was an experienced manager. Folk are just somehow equating experienced with good. 

Who would you like to see us try and get? Or an example of someone similar at a comparable club to ours?

Exactly, it's very very harsh to blame SN for any of this considering he's had hardly any time to turn things round with the squad on it's worst run of defeats in & 6/7 of his games as manager are against the rest of the top 6. If we beat Hibs then our post split run is actually fairly respectable.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Smith? He didn't come off the bench to secure a draw, our midfield was struggling and it was an attempt to get a grip of it and stem the flow. If you mean Kio then its was a good sub and improved us. Kuol got us the point. 

You must accept that Robbie would have been slated for that first sub when we were 2-1 down and absolutely had to win?

I am disappointed we didn’t try to win the game a bit more in the second half.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Because we needed to win and a draw was no better than defeat? I was disappointed, if we'd nicked a win third was back on.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They don’t want SN ? In the middle of a meltdown would be my first two guesses. 

People still screaming for experience with no explanation on how that would improve on SN. 😂

where is our experienced unicorn. :10800:

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah its a weird attitude. Take away the fact that Aberdeen won last night meaning we missed third place, this place would have been bouncing, drawing against Rangers with a late equaliser. 

As for Naismith, if hes appointed I would be happy, but it also depends who is in the running (I do think Kennedy's name was leaked out to deflect the press away from bigger names on the shortlist) I want the manager who can do the best with Hearts, if that is Naismith then great, if thats another manager then great.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Because we needed to win and a draw was no better than defeat? I was disappointed, if we'd nicked a win third was back on.

How do you expect to win without trying to gain some control of the ball first ? Unfortunately we weren’t blessed with a lot of options to try and get our midfield back in the game. It was a personnel and shape change to try and do that. 

Maybe the expectation levels are skewed for some. 3rd place wasn’t lost at Ibrox. 

Edited by Dazo

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah its a weird attitude. Take away the fact that Aberdeen won last night meaning we missed third place, this place would have been bouncing, drawing against Rangers with a late equaliser. 

As for Naismith, if hes appointed I would be happy, but it also depends who is in the running (I do think Kennedy's name was leaked out to deflect the press away from bigger names on the shortlist) I want the manager who can do the best with Hearts, if that is Naismith then great, if thats another manager then great.

Exactly.

heartsfc_fan
Just now, savage said:

I have seen and heard enough of naisy that I am quite happy be leads us next season.  

Same here.

Even a 1 year rolling contact with a potential for review of things in January to extend.

jambopilms

Couldn't stand Naismith in his last two years of playing, I thought he was a bit Snodgrassey. 

I wouldn't mind him getting job now, he changed the way we play for the better and even Pep doesn't take our squad and have a chance of competing with Celtic or Rangers.

He needs to beat Hibs though or he has no chance.

Just now, Dazo said:

How do you expect to win without trying to gain some control of the ball first ? Unfortunately we weren’t blessed with a lot of options to try and get our midfield back in the game. It was a personnel and shape change to try and do that. 

Maybe the expectation levels are skewed for some. 3rd place wasn’t lost at Ibrox. 

Eh?!?

That's a fair leap.

We were where we were. A win at Ibrox would keep 3rd place alive, we didn't get it...if that's not disappointing, what is it? Exciting? Joyous?

Any fan, of any club would be disappointed in a result that ended their chances of achieving something, no?

RustyRightPeg

I want Naismith, but I also want him to have a clear run at the league to build up his experience. Adding European qualifiers and potentially group stage football into that is dangerous, purely from the perspective of having to manage the squad a bit more - that’s my only concern. 

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I want Naismith, but I also want him to have a clear run at the league to build up his experience. Adding European qualifiers and potentially group stage football into that is dangerous, purely from the perspective of having to manage the squad a bit more - that’s my only concern. 

If it’s dangerous then he’s not the man for the job.  The manager in place should be capable to deliver on the needs of the club. 

doctor jambo
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we beat hibs then our top 6 results post split will maybe be the best we’ve ever had

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Eh?!?

That's a fair leap.

We were where we were. A win at Ibrox would keep 3rd place alive, we didn't get it...if that's not disappointing, what is it? Exciting? Joyous?

Any fan, of any club would be disappointed in a result that ended their chances of achieving something, no?

My disappointment came at the 2-2 draw with St Mirren. I’d suggest a wee look at our history at Ibrox if you were saving yours till then, save you grief next time. 

I’m gutted we didn’t come 3rd but as I said it wasn’t because of a draw at Ibrox. Just my take. 👍

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Rangers changed their shape when Morelos went off. We reacted to that and made changes. 

It isn’t rocket science. You’re absolutely having one. 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Eh?!?

That's a fair leap.

Disappinted not to get the result, but ultimately we left our self needing a highly unlikely win against a much better team with a threadbare squad.   We played pretty much as well as we could have hoped.

35 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m not the slaver slaughtering our manager for getting a 2-2 draw at Ibrox. 

Quite, your another type of slaver altogether!

What other than a minimum of kudos did that draw achieve?

What was the worse case scenario planned for? Did a point make any difference in that plan?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Disappinted not to get the result, but ultimately we left our self needing a highly unlikely win against a much better team with a threadbare squad.   We played pretty much as well as we could have hoped.

Problem is if Aberdeen hadn’t got an unlikely win against the same team we’d still have a shot at 3rd.

Tokyo Drifter

If we lose the Derby and 4th place with it then it's all moot: Naismith is out.

If we win convincingly, I say he has to get the job because he will have shown he can turn us around. St Mirren aside - and that was the result which really sunk us I think - the results and/or performances have been good under him.

Other pluses: he played for the club, has managed the club, knows and likes the club, has considerable playing experience here and in England, as well as at European and International level. 

The only thing against him is his lack of experience. By any other measure we'd be lucky to have someone with his pedigree. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Tokyo Drifter said:

If we lose the Derby and 4th place with it then it's all moot: Naismith is out.

If we win convincingly, I say he has to get the job because he will have shown he can turn us around. St Mirren aside - and that was the result which really sunk us I think - the results and/or performances have been good under him.

Other pluses: he played for the club, has managed the club, knows and likes the club, has considerable playing experience here and in England, as well as at European and International level. 

The only thing against him is his lack of experience. By any other measure we'd be lucky to have someone with his pedigree. 

If our board is waiting to make a decision on our manager depending on one result then they should all be emptied.

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Quite correct Kuol got us the point, Smith changed nothing I saw, was a point good enough worse case scenario......No! We still need something from the Hobo game, the point might make you feel good but changed nothing!

Just now, Dazo said:

My disappointment came at the 2-2 draw with St Mirren. I’d suggest a wee look at our history at Ibrox if you were saving yours till then, save you grief next time. 

I’m gutted we didn’t come 3rd but as I said it wasn’t because of a draw at Ibrox. Just my take. 👍

I didn't expect to win and we put in a really decent showing at points and looked like we might manage to achieve it. To not win was disappointing. I'm always disappointed when we don't win, especially when it ends our season. 

I hoped we'd win and keep third alive. We didn't, therefore it was disappointing. Why are you making that seem controversial? 😂😂

5 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Agreed. I'm not passing comment on the performance, the result or it's likelihood of it happening. I was still disappointed though.

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Rangers changed their shape when Morelos went off. We reacted to that and made changes. 

It isn’t rocket science. You’re absolutely having one. 

It was a free go at the Huns, the point might make you glow all over but changed nothing....we still can't afford a feck up against the Hobos! Try some ready brek!

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Couldn't stand Naismith in his last two years of playing, I thought he was a bit Snodgrassey. 

I wouldn't mind him getting job now, he changed the way we play for the better and even Pep doesn't take our squad and have a chance of competing with Celtic or Rangers.

He needs to beat Hibs though or he has no chance.

Be very intriguing to see the kind of player Naismith would look to recruit. Given he only stopped playing two years ago and the type of demands he had of others when he played, I reckon many of this current group disgust him. There's been so much shite spouted on here about how strong our squad was this season. Players with collective strength of character wouldn't have been part of this implosion. We've added a 27 goal striker and managed to finish lower than last season!! That should've seen us kick on yet we've regressed. We'll hear all the excuses about injuries but that's not the reason. 

I'd like to see the type of player he would look to bring in. No matter who we appoint we simply must recruit far better than we did in the past two windows. Only Shankland has added to the first 11. Another batch of poor recruitment and Savage is going to be in real trouble.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If our board is waiting to make a decision on our manager depending on one result then they should all be emptied.

That’s just nonsense really, one result can ultimately define a season. Regardless for me the decision will have been made on scenarios with the call made after the outcome is known. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

This in spades. 

The goalposts keep getting moved as well.

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I strongly suspect that's what they are waiting for. 

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I didn't expect to win and we put in a really decent showing at points and looked like we might manage to achieve it. To not win was disappointing. I'm always disappointed when we don't win, especially when it ends our season. 

I hoped we'd win and keep third alive. We didn't, therefore it was disappointing. Why are you making that seem controversial? 😂😂

Apologies Taffin not meaning to, we all deal with disappointment in different ways. 😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Carter said:

Be very intriguing to see the kind of player Naismith would look to recruit. Given he only stopped playing two years ago and the type of demands he had of others when he played, I reckon many of this current group disgust him. There's been so much shite spouted on here about how strong our squad was this season. Players with collective strength of character wouldn't have been part of this implosion. We've added a 27 goal striker and managed to finish lower than last season!! That should've seen us kick on yet we've regressed. We'll hear all the excuses about injuries but that's not the reason. 

I'd like to see the type of player he would look to bring in. No matter who we appoint we simply must recruit far better than we did in the past two windows. Only Shankland has added to the first 11. Another batch of poor recruitment and Savage is going to be in real trouble.

The problem we have is Savage.

If Naismith overly criticises our newer signings he goes against Savage and also McKinlay - who made the new signings not getting a chance claim.

Its probably why we will get Naismith - to keep Savage and McKinlae from being exposed by a more experienced manager.