Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s all about beating Hibs,for a vast majority of fans that’s enough….never mind being able to beat anyone else.

you’ve still not come up with a viable alternative. 

john Kennedy

Stephen Robinson

Paul Lambert

3-5-2 wilder

Gary Monk

Dwight Yorke 

None of the above presumably ! who are we going for ? That we could actually get or afford 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

I think he will get it. Speaks well, clear signs he is implementing a style of play, and has been involved in the planning for next season.

Results have been mixed, but a combination of players not being good enough and individual mistakes have

let us down

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Decent result tonight. Despite everyone exploding I've gone from thinking he was just an interim appointment to actually warming to him given the job for a season. Lose on Saturday though and he has no chance I reckon as the board won't be that brave to appoint someone who has lost to Hibs twice in a short period. 

agreed Dave . I think it would be a mistake if we don’t but I agree 

Agentjambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

john Kennedy

Stephen Robinson

Paul Lambert

3-5-2 wilder

Gary Monk

Dwight Yorke 

None of the above presumably ! who are we going for ? That we could actually get or afford 

I’m not the hearts board.

If your happy with Naismith good for you.

LochcarronJambo

TBH , It was a breath of fresh air tonite watching Hearts in control at Ibrox for large parts of first half, despite some horrendous decisions by Beaton, slip by Hill was unfortunate as we deservedly would have gone in 1-0 up, then shocker from Sibbick who had been good up to then, was a real blow, but we kept on trying to be positive & whilst not as good as first half we kept at it & eventually got the goal we deserved-Naismith’s set up & tactics were spot on, albeit the 2 mistakes cost us- but been pleased with Naismith mostly……pity about St Liedown not coming close tonite then Celtic throwing it at Easter Road

Rocky jamboa

I think it would be nuts not to give Naismith the job after the last 5 games (the first hibs game isn't on him). 

2 great results and performances v Ross Co and Aberdeen. 

2 very good performances v the old firm, taking a point at Ibrox. 2 stupid goals to give away cost us more tonight. Dubious refereeing in both games didnt help either. 

Poor first 60 mins or so v St Mirren but kept going for it and salvaged a point despite being down to 10 men.

The final game v hibs shouldn't define whether he gets the job or not. I've seen enough in him that he can take us forward with his philosophy. He's a winner and knows what he's doing. 

Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Decent result tonight. Despite everyone exploding I've gone from thinking he was just an interim appointment to actually warming to him given the job for a season. Lose on Saturday though and he has no chance I reckon as the board won't be that brave to appoint someone who has lost to Hibs twice in a short period. 

You make a good point there Dave and one that is being completely missed 

Im sure the board dont need to give out some lengthy contract with guarantees on pay offs, etc and if it doesnt work out and at the EOS 

Its a simple sit down conversation to say that we would like to give him a chance but we would like to see what he can do and over a full season and dependant on how we do, we can then look to extend at the end of next season. 

That way we wouldnt get shafted financially of it didnt work out 

Im sure Naismith would be ameniable to that as well. There is ways to make this work. If we arent 100% sure on offering him a 4 year contract, but are being honest and saying that the signs are encouraging, but we need to see more, there is nothing wrong with that. 

If we bring in a new manager they will more than likely want a long term contract so the risk will be even greater than we have with Naismith 

Yes, Sat is massive and for the reasons that you said.

I hope he at least gets a chance, even if it is a short term extension, and to prove that he can take us forward. 

Rick Sanchez

All these people scoffing at Naismith do know there's a very good chance he'll get the job eh?

You talk like there's zero chance but I think you'll be disappointed.

I'd prefer someone else personally but I've came to terms with it.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I’m not the hearts board.

If you’re happy with Naismith good for you.

you must have some favourites.? But you won’t say ! becuase in your head you’re playing fantasy manager.  Dreaming of names you know we have no possibility of hiring. 

we are about the 40th biggest club in the U.K. by turnover, about the 150th biggest in Europe by turnover.  There is no manager we can hire who isn’t a gamble in some way.

I’ve seen enough from Naismith to know I like the way it’s going and I HOPE he could transpire to be  a top manager / coach and I’m happy to give him that opportunity.

I guarantee you will not be happy with anyone we could realistically.  So prepare to be disappointed no matter what

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you must have some favourites.? But you won’t say ! becuase in your head you’re playing fantasy manager.  Dreaming of names you know we have no possibility of hiring. 

we are about the 40th biggest club in the U.K. by turnover, about the 150th biggest in Europe by turnover.  There is no manager we can hire who isn’t a gamble in some way.

I’ve seen enough from Naismith to know I like the way it’s going and I HOPE he could transpire to be  a top manager / coach and I’m happy to give him that opportunity.

I guarantee you will not be happy with anyone we could realistically.  So prepare to be disappointed no matter what

Yay…good old disappointment.Ingrained into the majority of hearts fans.Sad really,no dreams,no ambitions.

DesertDawg
15 minutes ago, liam11 said:

I think he will get it. Speaks well, clear signs he is implementing a style of play, and has been involved in the planning for next season.

Results have been mixed, but a combination of players not being good enough and individual mistakes have

let us down

And picking up a squad that couldn't win for weeks isn't easy.  👀 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Yay…good old disappointment.Ingrained into the majority of hearts fans.Sad really,no dreams,no ambitions.

of course we do.

We just aren’t thick enough to dream of hiring fantasy managers or signing players then actually go as far as measure the club against unachievable outcomes.

its ****ing moronic. Are you a child? 

ps: still not a a single suggestion from you. Tells its own story.  

Edited by kingantti1874

The Tackle

Calling Morelos a fu*king prick sealed it for me, 3 year contract on the table tomorrow 

davemclaren
Just now, The Tackle said:

Calling Morelos a fu*king prick sealed it for me, 3 year contract on the table tomorrow 

😄

Benny Factor
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Christ…if Neilson had won 2 from his last 7 you’d all have his head on a stick!

Neilson won 2 of his last NINE.

Neilson won those 2 with his own players.

Naismith has equalled or bettered the results against the same teams of Neilson's nine(that we've had the chance to play against.... with NEILSON's players!

Not even comparable.

The Tackle
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Saved me from posting. My thoughts exactly 

Bungalow Bill

I like Naismith’s energy, win against Hibs and I’d be happy with him getting the job. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

of course we do.

We just aren’t thick enough to dream of hiring fantasy managers or signing players then actually go as far as measure the club against unachievable outcomes.

your pissing in the wind trying a debate with him/her. 

I like him too. I think had he got the gig earlier we’d have finished 3rd. 

No issue with him getting the gig if he beats Hibs. Otherwise, we should look elsewhere. A hearts manager that can’t beat Hibs isn’t much use. 

Luckies1874

The best thing about Naismith is he ****ing hates the way Neilson managed us. He can barely hide his disdain any time he speaks. He knows the guy was a disaster and has cost us millions and he's holding his tongue not to just come out and totally destroy him. 

5 minutes ago, Professor Frink said:

Neilson won 2 of his last NINE.

Neilson won those 2 with his own players.

Naismith has equalled or bettered the results against the same teams of Neilson's nine(that we've had the chance to play against.... with NEILSON's players!

Not even comparable.

Spot on. Also Naismith is dealing with games against the top 6 whereas Neilsons team at the end were sh*tting the bed against Kilmarnock. What is Neilsons record in games after the split out of interest? 🤔

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

The best thing about Naismith is he ****ing hates the way Neilson managed us. He can barely hide his disdain any time he speaks. He knows the guy was a disaster and has cost us millions and he's holding his tongue not to just come out and totally destroy him. 

yep. It’s simmering that’s for sure. 

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s all about beating Hibs,for a vast majority of fans that’s enough….never mind being able to beat anyone else.

It’s hard to see any Hearts manager surviving long if he doesn’t surely? 
Im not saying it’s the be all and end all but we don’t win much. 3 cups in my 35+ years of watching hearts…If we couldn’t regularly cuff them it would be miserable times. 
Id like us to be much more successful and never worry about Hibs but it’s where we are. It’s what we are no?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

your pissing in the wind trying a debate with him/her. 

Yup dunno why I bother,  some of the folk on this board are in another galaxy. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I guess it doesn’t really matter now.

Not a huge amount to be excited about next season anyway.

Got much bigger concerns than who our manager is.

What a shite centenary season it looks like being.

Agentjambo
31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

of course we do.

You tell me our budget and I will tell you who we might be able to afford.

The fact that you are the only one slinging insults around and not capable of an adult discussion says it all.

Hearts1975
41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hallelujah 

Great post and spot on :thumbsup:

59 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s true…”if he beats Hibs give it to him”

Dearie dearie me indeed.

Smith for Oda ffs!

Bongo 1874
27 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Personally I've seen enough inprovement, especially as he's so hamstrung by a lack of squad options, to think I'd be happy with him getting the job if we win on Saturday.  Maybe that would he a risk, but he's got a clear style and we're trying to actually win games.  His subs haven't always been what they could, but it's not his fault we've.got so few good options on midfield.

I get why folk wouldn't want him, but for me he's got the potential to be a very good manager 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s been about. He’s a winner. Determined wee *****. Wee shitehouse. Proddy. Ticks all the boxes for me😐🇱🇻

What an absolute balloon, he’s a proddy!! What the actual ****? In my opinion, if our moderators don’t stomp all over you then what’s the point in their existence? 

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Agreed up until the proddy nonsense, this bullshit needs to stop. My wife is catholic 

Sorry man I was just kidding😂

I have bad the kaffliks in my family now too. I even have pals that are believe it or not…

I’ve had a couple🍻

Im kidding bud sorry😂👍🏼

58 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

john Kennedy

Stephen Robinson

Paul Lambert

3-5-2 wilder

Gary Monk

Dwight Yorke 

Smith for Oda just fecked him and rightly so!

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I guess it doesn’t really matter now.

Not a huge amount to be excited about next season anyway.

Got much bigger concerns than who our manager is.

What a shite centenary season it looks like being.

Better than 1974 though. 

He’s shown enough for me to give him the gig (unless we plan on getting some real high profile manager from outwith Scotland).  He’s got the team playing nice football and I’m sure he recognises what needs to be done with defence and midfield.  His after match comments are also spot on so give him a year rolling contract, less of a financial risk than compensation and three year contract for Celtic back up.

Libertonian_II
49 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

looking forward to the game on Saturday ,and Naisy getting the managers job 

Me too 

Libertonian_II
45 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Smith for Oda just fecked him and rightly so!

Did it🤔 must've missed the bit where we equalised...

Boab Mugabe

It’s all but certain he will get the job regardless of result on Saturday.

I don’t think Naismith should be appointed and that we should go and push the boat out with an external managerial appointment who needs to oversee an important summer transfer window, but you can tell when they float stories like John Kennedy that they are tempering expectations to appoint Naismith.

Naismith may well go on to be a decent manager but I’d prefer we weren’t used as a place for a young manager to learn his trade.

Watt-Zeefuik

I was almost there in the first half today. Storming performance, in their teeth, winding up Morelos, all good.

But the second half was so bad and the adjustments far too late, and the subs just on the weird side. Again, Naismith has done well to revive the team spirit and get some fight. But Beale made adjustments late in the first half and we got overrun.

After the game I was thinking on it and thought, yeah, Naismith is plenty good to get us fourth or fifth next season.

If he gets the job I'll back him enthusiastically. But I just think we can do better.

BangkokHearts
1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

He's a winner and knows what he's doing. 

This. 👆

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Deluded, Levein is his hero like Robbie,easy get out lets blame the German that was at club 3 months that gave us his wage to help club.

And blame it all on him.

Racists that's what they are.

No way would the say that about Robbie or Levein,

They are as bad as the media were.

Fecking Racists.

Oh aye. Racists. Anti-German bias everywhere.

Any Hearts manager that goes on a run of barely getting any points against bottom feeding teams needs sacked. Same for Neilson, Stendel, and Levein. The only Hearts manager that ever had an excuse good enough for those kinds of runs was Gary Locke.

merseyjambo

Who do people consider a ‘top class manager’ that would come to Hearts.

Guys like Knutsen or the Polish lad, who are being touted for bigger jobs than ours. 

Managers in the 2nd tier in England and a decent few in the 3rd tier are already earning more than we can offer.

Which leaves Callum Davidson, Tommy Wright or someone like Robinson.

Someone like Danny Crowley who has been sacked by Huddersfield and Pompey

A complete unknown of a foreign coach. 

Take your pick people because that’s our options.

What are people watching to dis Naismith? He’s got us playing good football and went to ibrox and stood up to the Huns. He’s instilled some pride in a failing side and improved several players that some of us had all but written off. 

Why anyone wouldn’t want to see what he could do after a transfer window and a pre season is beyond me. 

Give Naismith a chance.  And boost that chance by replacing Savage.

Had enough of the self-publicist non-achievers at Hearts.  If we're going down the road of a rookie manager maybe we could have someone who has previously been a success in managing recruitment and that's not Savage

Watt-Zeefuik
39 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Who do people consider a ‘top class manager’ that would come to Hearts.

Guys like Knutsen or the Polish lad, who are being touted for bigger jobs than ours. 

Managers in the 2nd tier in England and a decent few in the 3rd tier are already earning more than we can offer.

Which leaves Callum Davidson, Tommy Wright or someone like Robinson.

Someone like Danny Crowley who has been sacked by Huddersfield and Pompey

A complete unknown of a foreign coach. 

Take your pick people because that’s our options.

Unless you're on the board or at Hearts you don't know who's expressed an interest.

That said, failure to finish third just made us a lot less attractive for next season. :(