Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

It would be interesting to see how Naisy would fare with his own transfer window under his belt. Imo he gets any job in Scotland outwith the OF. Any club would take a punt on him I think we either use him or lose him. He’s already more tactically astute than his predecessor who’s got years experience on him. He’s not scared of making bold decisions as we’ve seen already, and he’s never in the dugout, again like his predecessor. He kicks every ball and is never done coaching from the sidelines.

I love the guy. Ideal scenario would still be a big name alongside him though. I guess only the club know who our target is and how much we’re prepared to spend. Biggest two games coming up to see what Naisy can really deliver. I’m wishing my life away but I seriously can’t wait for Wednesday night and next Saturday 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

We could get an out of contract former English second tier manager if we actually wanted one. For reference see Bonaparte, Lee and Hibernian Football Club. The question is do we want one.

You've just made my point for me 😁

26 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I'm sorry pal it's not a case of instanty fix the league position.

It's a case of timing here. Hearts aren't a managers training school or an experiment.

We've had a procession of duff managers throughout the budge foh era. From levein, to cathro and stendel. Neilson performed well results and finishes wise but the football was murder. 

Now isn't the time to get all misty eyed and give naismith the gig come what may.

As I said if he delivers 3rd then it's a tangible and hugely important achievement for the club.

If he doesn't then it's thanks for your help and go build your career. 

The bottom line being you’ve no idea if Naismith will be a success or not and neither do I. The guy clearly has the squad playing better football and has won them around after Neilson lost the dressing room. Levein was the most experienced manager we’ve had in recent years and that’s the sort of over the hill, bags of experience type we’d likely get. The other option is an up and coming Scottish league manager because any English ones with a good rep will get snapped up down there. Then there’s the foreign route, just as much of a punt as Naismith imo. 

Edited by GinRummy

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

It's a case of timing here. Hearts aren't a managers training school or an experiment.

We've had a procession of duff managers throughout the budge foh era. From levein, to cathro and stendel. Neilson performed well results and finishes wise but the football was murder. 

Now isn't the time to get all misty eyed and give naismith the gig come what may.

As I said if he delivers 3rd then it's a tangible and hugely important achievement for the club.

Have repeated failed appointments taught you nothing. 

he has shown he can do the job already and as such is the least risky appointment we could make. 

again. We are neither big enough or wealthy enough to hire a manager guaranteed to deliver. 

some hearts fans with their heads firmly in the clouds don’t appear to understand that 

Italian Lambretta

He’s given us the attacking football we all craved for since 2006 so it’s a yes from me. It’s up to savage and the backing of the Hearts board to give him the players in the summer he thinks will guarantee 3rd next season and possibly put pressure on the ugly sisters.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The bottom line being you’ve no idea if Naismith will be a success or not and neither do I. The guy clearly has the squad playing better football and has won them around after Neilson lost the dressing room. Levein was the most experienced manager we’ve had in recent years and that’s the sort of over the hill, bags of experience type we’d likely get. The other option is an up and coming Scottish league manager because any English ones with a good rep will get snapped up down there. Then there’s the foreign route, just as much of a punt as Naismith imo. 

As far as Scottish managers go I'd far rather have naismith than a martindale, Robinson or mcinness that's for sure. 

So if we are not pushing the boat out with benefactor money then I'm happy enough with naismith as a consideration although if we bag 3rd then I'd just offer him it. 

Regardless this summer is last chance saloon for savage. The scouting needs to improve and we need to target better markets than we are currently. 

Dick Dastardly

Naismith does seem to have motivated the players far more than Neilson was managing to in the end days of his reign. He doesn't seem frightened to make big decisions like binning Snodric or Humphrys and playing Oda, and maybe Atkinson to some extent, has been a brave move on his part. We are far more attacking and entertaining to watch even though we still have a tendency to ***** about with it at the back too much. I'm sure, if given time, Naismith will be able to work that out of our style of play. I think he has done plenty to enhance his chances of getting the job, whether he is the best option available is yet to be seen. Done well so far. 

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Naismith is a great opportunity that has come our way. Do not miss it. It might not come again.

Ironic it was Levein who wanted Hearts to have a successor ready to promote to team manager. Have we stumbled on one. 

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

As far as Scottish managers go I'd far rather have naismith than a martindale, Robinson or mcinness that's for sure. 

So if we are not pushing the boat out with benefactor money then I'm happy enough with naismith as a consideration although if we bag 3rd then I'd just offer him it. 

Regardless this summer is last chance saloon for savage. The scouting needs to improve and we need to target better markets than we are currently. 

Financially we are about the 40th biggest club in the U.K. even managers of the clubs we are bigger than in the championship won’t voluntarily leave the championship for Scotland .  So about 50 clubs ahead of us in the queue in the U.K. alone.  In Europe we are about the 150th biggest club

i seriously wonder what planet some of our fans are on.  We are appointing either:

1. A young inexperienced coach or

2. An experienced manager with a blotted copybook. 

it really is that simple. 

appoint the guy who very much looks like he can do the gig, a young intelligent Scottish coach who has played at and trained at a level far higher than hearts who is currently in situ and delivering the type of performances we have all been crying out for for YEARS who is CLEARLY the candidate who stands the highest percentage chance of succeeding.

and no it’s not last chance for savage either.  That is also total pish which shows zero knowledge of his role at the club, how successful he has been in that role or acknowledge some of the many good signing made. 

is it perfect no? It never is at clubs where success isn’t bought . 

Edited by kingantti1874

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

we can’t afford another cathro or Stendel, but you don’t want to give it to the guy who is clearly demonstrating he can do the job.

you don’t want to bet on the guy doing the job, but want to take a gamble on an unknown.

Because once again, HEARTS CANNOT AFFORD A SURE FIRE MANAGER.  

****ing zoomers 

Demonstrating it?   If you take the points won in the five games and extrapolate across a full season takes us to 53pts.  Not exactly seeing us cutting away from the rest for a consistent third spot with that points total.

42 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Agree about savage. There’s been a wee bit leeway after how Naismith has got Oda and to a lesser extent Atkinson playing but joes failures in finding the right midfielder and centre half are obvious. 

Bad Religion

I’m on board. He’s demonstrating the required levels of hunger and desire to succeed that I want to see in a Hearts manager. 

It might not work out but if we were to let him go only to see him succeed somewhere else, we’d all be gutted. 

Sign him up. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

What I don’t understand is why people don’t understand that 5 games is a ludicrously small data set on which to call off the search for a manager and hand it to [INSERT ANY NAME but in this instance Naismith].

I also appreciate that Robbie ****ed up so massively that almost anything is an improvement - to the extent that people are pretending that this is the best football they have seen us play since Burley’s team…

I totally understand that every appointment will be a risk - but show me any experienced manager without a blot on his copybook, please?

And I talk drivel… 😂

Let’s say that Knutsen wanted the job or Muscat - we’d say no because of two wins against shite Ross County and Aberdeen teams?

24 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Demonstrating it?   If you take the points won in the five games and extrapolate across a full season takes us to 53pts.  Not exactly seeing us cutting away from the rest for a consistent third spot with that points total.

The 5 games have been 4 v top 6 and one v bottom 6, so not fair to extrapolate that. 

I think if we don’t go for Naismith I can see a Kilmarnock / ST Johnston / Ross county type going for him. 

if we stick to managers in this country, we should stay with SN ahead of anyone else

Even finding an ex English Championship manager is a risk. Look at Heckingbottom. Disaster down here, now won promotion to EPL.

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, jamie1874 said:

The 5 games have been 4 v top 6 and one v bottom 6, so not fair to extrapolate that. 

I think if we don’t go for Naismith I can see a Kilmarnock / ST Johnston / Ross county type going for him. 

if we stick to managers in this country, we should stay with SN ahead of anyone else

Even finding an ex English Championship manager is a risk. Look at Heckingbottom. Disaster down here, now won promotion to EPL.

I’m not against SN getting the job at all - I just don’t see how some folks can be clambering after him to get it based on 5 games.

5 game extrapolation of points is inherently inaccurate just as some peoples’ subjective view to crown him boss already.

I’d like to see how we finish, get a sense of external applicants and a sense of what players we will have for next year before we decide.

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

just ridiculous analysis.  I mean first of all tarring HIM with the hibs game.  Where to start with that BS.

hiw about 60 + efforts against RC and Aberdeen, how about dominating Celtic 11 vs 11.

How about delivering the best football since George Burley.  The only let down so far was stnirren first half and the real weakness there is a chronic lack of physicality at the back.  Something which NO manager can fix right now with the personnel for and available  

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, micole said:

If!! Naismith gets a result on Wed and then beat the tramps on Sat it really is a no brainer he should get a chance. Like many on here I have seen a marked change on how we approach a game ( ie more attack minded) however we still need to address our pathetic away form. So IMO Naismith has done himself no harm up to now and the next two games will be crucial.

Indeed. Halfway thro the interview its food for thought. Another 2 chances to show. And they are both massive at any time.

Tbh, at kick off on Wed we need a win so he will have to go with that setup and we may get mullered.

Dont see what choice he has, going cagey to find out sheep are 2-0 up at the 60 min mark aint much use.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What I don’t understand is why people don’t understand that 5 games is a ludicrously small data set on which to call off the search for a manager and hand it to [INSERT ANY NAME but in this instance Naismith].

I also appreciate that Robbie ****ed up so massively that almost anything is an improvement - to the extent that people are pretending that this is the best football they have seen us play since Burley’s team…

I totally understand that every appointment will be a risk - but show me any experienced manager without a blot on his copybook, please?

And I talk drivel… 😂

Let’s say that Knutsen wanted the job or Muscat - we’d say no because of two wins against shite Ross County and Aberdeen teams?

You do. Utter ****ing dugmeat. 

The fact that once again you’ve quoted Kevin ****ing Muscat. A guy who failed in Australia .

total and utter drivel. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You do. Utter ****ing dugmeat. 

The fact that once again you’ve quoted Kevin ****ing Muscat. A guy who failed in Australia .

total and utter drivel. 

Says the guy who says he hasn’t seen anything like yesterday since the Burley team.

Horsehite.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Portable Badger
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

just ridiculous analysis.  I mean first of all tarring HIM with the hibs game.  Where to start with that BS.

hiw about 60 + efforts against RC and Aberdeen, how about dominating Celtic 11 vs 11.

How about delivering the best football since George Burley.  The only let down so far was stnirren first half and the real weakness there is a chronic lack of physicality at the back.  Something which NO manager can fix right now with the personnel for and available  

Yeah maybe we should just offer Naismith a first team coaching role so he can use his extensive EPL & International experience to improve our goal attempt conversion rate

Edited by Portable Badger

Portable Badger
11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Says the guy who says he hasn’t seen anything like yesterday since the Burley team.

Horsehite.

He maybe missed the Craig Levein inspired ‘sans lube Celtic pumping’

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

He maybe missed the Craig Levein inspired ‘sans lube Celtic pumping’

Fantastic day but I think you missed it if you think we approach it in that style.  

That’s it isn’t it - desperate for some levein style slug ball 

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Horsehite.

where did I say that? You sure you didn’t partially take what is said and twist it and draw your own conclusions 😂😂

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fantastic day but I think you missed it if you think we approach it in that style.  

That’s it isn’t it - desperate for some levein style slug ball 

I was there ok.

No I don’t want the more usual CL style. I loved how we played in general yesterday - my only concerns were the vast spaces at RB & LB leaving two attackers v two CBs at times. If we do that on Wednesday then Rangers will exploit it more effectively than the Sheep.

InternationalJambo

He needs two big performances this coming week. If we get anything at ibrox and beat hibs to get Europe he will get the job with FM or possibly another experienced assistant coming in. It’s a big week for the club and SN. Let’s get right behind him and the team and secure what’s ours.

kingantti1874
Just now, Portable Badger said:

I was there ok.

No I don’t want the more usual CL style. I loved how we played in general yesterday - my only concerns were the vast spaces at RB & LB leaving two attackers v two CBs at times. If we do that on Wednesday then Rangers will exploit it more effectively than the Sheep.

Bringing in the full backs is how we achieved dominance. Doubt we will do it against rangers away.  Will tackle that in the same way we tackled Celtic.

I don’t expect to win. I don’t really expect to draw.  I do expect to land a few blows which we never seem able to do.  

anyway . Said my bit for tonight 

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

A bit harsh to include the Hibs game in this as he'd only had 3 or 4 days with the team. Take that one out and it's 7 points from 12, which would equate to 66 points over the season, which is an improvement on last season. Also, 2 of those 4 games were against celtic and Aberdeen so an even greater achievement. 

I don't think the last 4 or next 2 games should decide if he gets the job or not. It should be about his vision and philosophy for next season and beyond. For me he ticks all other boxes though. 

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bringing in the full backs is how we achieved dominance. Doubt we will do it against rangers away.  Will tackle that in the same way we tackled Celtic.

I don’t expect to win. I don’t really expect to draw.  I do expect to land a few blows which we never seem able to do.  

anyway . Said my bit for tonight 

👍🏻 

By The Light..
8 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

In fairness, that’s the case for all appointments.

absolutely, and my point was give him a 1 year contract to start with.

Neilson on 3 year was nuts, he wasn't going anywhere best job in Scotland he would get and already failed in England.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

It would be interesting to see how Naisy would fare with his own transfer window under his belt. Imo he gets any job in Scotland outwith the OF. Any club would take a punt on him I think we either use him or lose him. He’s already more tactically astute than his predecessor who’s got years experience on him. He’s not scared of making bold decisions as we’ve seen already, and he’s never in the dugout, again like his predecessor. He kicks every ball and is never done coaching from the sidelines.

I love the guy. Ideal scenario would still be a big name alongside him though. I guess only the club know who our target is and how much we’re prepared to spend. Biggest two games coming up to see what Naisy can really deliver. I’m wishing my life away but I seriously can’t wait for Wednesday night and next Saturday 

I’ve always thought wait and see how the 7 games go.  But I fear you might have nailed it with “use him or lose him”.  

I’ve got this horrible feeling he’s going to be a really good manager but sadly we only get the benefit of him for 7 games before going on to Stephen Robinson, Billy Reid, or whatever uninspiring manager we end up with. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

absolutely, and my point was give him a 1 year contract to start with.

Neilson on 3 year was nuts, he wasn't going anywhere best job in Scotland he would get and already failed in England.

Spot on. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Horsehite.

Every time we play well under Naismith you’re absolutely spewing and give him zero credit.  You’ve become the type of fan you used to hate, you know the ones that would slate Neilson after a win or good performance and still want him sacked.  You’ve become that bitter guy. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’ve always thought wait and see how the 7 games go.  But I fear you might have nailed it with “use him or lose him”.  

I’ve got this horrible feeling he’s going to be a really good manager but sadly we only get the benefit of him for 7 games before going on to Stephen Robinson, Billy Reid, or whatever uninspiring manager we end up with. 

I wouldn’t swap Naisy with any other manager in Scotland except Ange. He’s even better than Beale imo. I’m impressed every time I hear him speak and he comes across as knowledgeable, level headed and very well grounded for a rookie manager. Can we get better up here? I seriously doubt we can. We’ve got to be looking ex EPL or championship level and that will cost us plenty. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I wouldn’t swap Naisy with any other manager in Scotland except Ange. He’s even better than Beale imo. I’m impressed every time I hear him speak and he comes across as knowledgeable, level headed and very well grounded for a rookie manager. Can we get better up here? I seriously doubt we can. We’ve got to be looking ex EPL or championship level and that will cost us plenty. 

For me it’s coming down to is it a bigger risk to give him the job or bigger risk to let him go and become one of those good managers we can’t afford?  I started off thinking more the former but now I’m swaying more to the latter. 

Sadly, seems some on here want him to fail. I guess we had that with Neilson too.  

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we can’t afford another cathro or Stendel, but you don’t want to give it to the guy who is clearly demonstrating he can do the job.

you don’t want to bet on the guy doing the job, but want to take a gamble on an unknown.

Because once again, HEARTS CANNOT AFFORD A SURE FIRE MANAGER.  

****ing zoomers 

Tell me, did our performance at St. Mirren demonstrate a manager who can motive players? Is a narrow win over a wounded Aberdeen side at home supposed to blow me away?

FFS, I have no idea how people are reading "he's doing okay but let's see how he does over the last two games" as some kind of damning indictment of Naismith's abilities. It's been a mixed bag so far. I am not going to be carried away just by the Ross County and Aberdeen games, no matter how many names I get called on here.

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

You sound like someone who was happy with the previous manager. Naismith was 10x the player, and will be 10x the coach/gaffer that he will ever be. And i'm willing to put my house car and bairns on the line.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

For me it’s coming down to is it a bigger risk to give him the job or bigger risk to let him go and become one of those good managers we can’t afford?  I started off thinking more the former but now I’m swaying more to the latter. 

Sadly, seems some on here want him to fail. I guess we had that with Neilson too.  

I’m not sure it’s a risk tbh. He’s already improved  players like Cochrane, Atkinson and Oda who are a stick on for us despite Neilson telling them otherwise. Neilson also said Cochrane wouldn’t start another game under him unless Kingsley was injured. Neilsons personal vendettas against certain players is one reason why we’re in this mess. That and the fact we’re unfit and probably didn’t train with any urgency or tempo.

It’s not rocket science but there has to be a correlation to injuries and niggles with being unable to play high tempo for 90 mins 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I cant understand why people take that attitude. Surely its about the best appointment for Hearts.

I think we should give SN the chance but if the club decide to appoint someone else I'm not going to hate on the new guy because the club didn't agree with my opinion.

I just think we could be on a winner with SN.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough. Though, as it stands, any other candidate is a risk as well. Stendel was the last manager we took from lower league England. A lot of guys from down there come up talking the talk, make a few signings from League 1 and think they’re going to pish it, then achieve mediocrity at best. None of the Scottish based guys interest me at all so maybe that’s why I reckon Naismith our best option. Could go down the foreign route but I know next to nothing about foreign leagues so I couldn’t really comment on that. 

Definitely agreed, particularly with the bit about all candidates being a risk.

As fans we don't know whose CVs are sitting in McKinlay's inbox. If he's got Graham Potter saying, I'm sick of the English football media and ready to go have fun in Europe without all the fuss, then thanks Naisy we wish you well. If it's a collection of Callum Davidson, Jack Ross, Ronny Deila, and Pedro Caixhina, then sign me up for Naismith right now. I think the best of the lot are probably somewhere in between.

All that said, if Naismith manages 4 or even 6 points in the last two and wrestles us back to third, It would be nearly impossible to not give it to him regardless of who else is knocking on the door. Still, the idea of foreclosing all other possibilities without knowing who's expressed interest on the basis of frankly two and a half good performances out of five is not something I can get behind.

RedStarRiot
17 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Tell me, did our performance at St. Mirren demonstrate a manager who can motive players? Is a narrow win over a wounded Aberdeen side at home supposed to blow me away?

A narrow win but utterly dominated them. Put 6 past the best defence in the league outside of the Old Firm and were outplaying the champions before a dodgy red card.

Aye St Mirren was crap in the first half and Naismith called it out. I think folk are excited by the potential of us when it's clicking and if he's given more time to build something. 

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

A narrow win but utterly dominated them. Put 6 past the best defence in the league outside of the Old Firm and were outplaying the champions before a dodgy red card.

Aye St Mirren was crap in the first half and Naismith called it out. I think folk are excited by the potential of us when it's clicking and if he's given more time to build something. 

I am also excited by the potential. I just want to see more from it before he gets the permanent keys. And we don't know who else might be in the hopper.

Aberdeen also showed some exciting potential when Robson took over. I think they too got a little giddy and jumped at Robson and gave him the permanent gig, which I think was a mistake.

In any case, we're overdue to beat the ****ing huns and I hope we can restore natural order with Hibs next weekend. Not that long to wait.

Luckies1874
38 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

FFS, I have no idea how people are reading "he's doing okay but let's see how he does over the last two games" as some kind of damning indictment of Naismith's abilities. It's been a mixed bag so far. I am not going to be carried away just by the Ross County and Aberdeen games, no matter how many names I get called on here.

Spot on.

Luckies1874
32 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Definitely agreed, particularly with the bit about all candidates being a risk.

As fans we don't know whose CVs are sitting in McKinlay's inbox. If he's got Graham Potter saying, I'm sick of the English football media and ready to go have fun in Europe without all the fuss, then thanks Naisy we wish you well. If it's a collection of Callum Davidson, Jack Ross, Ronny Deila, and Pedro Caixhina, then sign me up for Naismith right now. I think the best of the lot are probably somewhere in between.

All that said, if Naismith manages 4 or even 6 points in the last two and wrestles us back to third, It would be nearly impossible to not give it to him regardless of who else is knocking on the door. Still, the idea of foreclosing all other possibilities without knowing who's expressed interest on the basis of frankly two and a half good performances out of five is not something I can get behind.

Another good post.

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

FFS, Naismith has had 5 games where we have shown improvement from our performances most of the season (and I’m not even sure you can really count what happened at ER as a fair reflection of the ability to change a team).

Your hero probably oversaw 2 of the worst results in club history (Brora and Birkakara) and survived them.

I’m not completely convinced about Naismith but I’m also not sure who realistically we can target. Our salary range is in most cases likely to be for someone from the third or fourth tier of English football (most financials will give you an idea of how much managers in second tier earn and I think you’d be surprised). That leaves you with the usual suspect merry go round from Scottish football, a foreign coach which can bring its own issues about understanding the nature of Scottish football (le Guen being an example of a highly rated coach who failed - we can’t afford an Ange or Wim Jansen type) or someone who is out of work and looking to repair their reputation. Again guys like Nathan Jones are financially out of our league. Lee Johnston was out of work when Hibs took him on. Only ones in that group I can think of are Danny Cowley who has had hard times at Huddersfield and Pompey and Michael Flynn who left Newport, got taken on by Walsall and sacked less than 6 months later. 

Seeing as you’re so full of ideas, put some names you think that realistically we could attract. 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

FFS, Naismith has had 5 games where we have shown improvement from our performances most of the season (and I’m not even sure you can really count what happened at ER as a fair reflection of the ability to change a team).

Your hero probably oversaw 2 of the worst results in club history (Brora and Birkakara) and survived them.

I’m not completely convinced about Naismith but I’m also not sure who realistically we can target. Our salary range is in most cases likely to be for someone from the third or fourth tier of English football (most financials will give you an idea of how much managers in second tier earn and I think you’d be surprised). That leaves you with the usual suspect merry go round from Scottish football, a foreign coach which can bring its own issues about understanding the nature of Scottish football (le Guen being an example of a highly rated coach who failed - we can’t afford an Ange or Wim Jansen type) or someone who is out of work and looking to repair their reputation. Again guys like Nathan Jones are financially out of our league. Lee Johnston was out of work when Hibs took him on. Only ones in that group I can think of are Danny Cowley who has had h

ard times at Huddersfield and Pompey and Michael Flynn who left Newport, got taken on by Walsall and sacked less than 6 months later. 

Seeing as you’re so full of ideas, put some names you think that realistically we could attract. 

Think that's a tad harsh. I agree that Naismith has not had long and that the tiny sample size has given a flavour but only that of his philosophies and the culture and style he wants. Some of that has been encouraging. However there have also been 2 poor away performances (and results) which didn't move the needle and therefore the hierarchy should not be rushing into anything. If he somehow manages to get us 3rd over the next 6 days then it is going to be nigh on impossible to deny him the job but this is a huge decision and without him doing something substantial and eye opening, I'm not sure wins v Aberdeen and Ross County (possibly Hibs too) is enough. All 3 at Tynecastle were we have generally been decent anyway. 

The reality is none of us know who has put their name forward and is therefore under consideration. There could be some names we would all be very excited about, there may only be the usual suspects you allude to though personally I doubt that. But that also has to be factored into all of this. Savage and co may already have someone lined up regardless of what happens for all we know.