Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )

Thomaso

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Training has been great this week. There has been a big change in atmosphere as hoped. The players are buzzing for tomorrow and confident of nothing other than a win. 

Thats brilliant, it sounds to me like the ability has always been there, its just been morale that has been the issue. 

Lets goooooooooo FTH

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Fozzyonthefence

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The way things pan out if the current teams are still in the top 6 will be interesting, Celtic are due 5 away and Rangers 5 home. 
As you say the team with least to play for is disadvantaged, but thats Rangers and the uglies are the only teams guaranteed 19 home games. Ideally we would be away to both of them and home to the others but who knows what they will come up with. 

Edited by JimmyCant

Watt-Zeefuik

I really appreciate what he's said about enjoying the football and not thinking about it too much. I thought one of Neilson's weaknesses, particularly towards the end, was that he seemed too serious all the time.

Good vibes and all of that are fine for the weekdays though. Come Saturday, it'll be about results.

7 hours ago, Dayman said:

Did he? I thought we just changed him to a coach for the remainder of his contract?

I may be totally wrong though.

Andrew McKinley said the other day that Naismith agreed to vastly reduced terms as coach, as he didn’t think he was up to it as a player anymore - speaks volumes for his character (albeit had made his money in the game).

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its also hard to accept that some of your teammates wont be on the same wavelength as you, cajoling them as opposed to berating them all the time would work better. 
Something SN no doubt knows now too, different players need different methods to get the best out of them. 

Great post i knew a hobo who said that when George Best played for hubz he was made to look like an arse at times because of the slow thinking of his team mates

Pasquale for King
Just now, andi17 said:

Great post i knew a hobo who said that when George Best played for hubz he was made to look like an arse at times because of the slow thinking of his team mates

You can imagine that would’ve been a big problem 😆. My brother in law took me to ER to see him, don’t remember much but it was Celtic and he had a shot so hard it carried the bulky Peter Latchford over the line 🤣

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You can imagine that would’ve been a big problem 😆. My brother in law took me to ER to see him, don’t remember much but it was Celtic and he had a shot so hard it carried the bulky Peter Latchford over the line 🤣

My favorite player ever never seen him in that tom titty strip pretty sure me and my mates went to see the famous v Stirling Albion on his debut oh happy days lol

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Feck the players and their fragile pussy cat confidence. If they can’t handle pressure on £3k a week there are loads of clubs paying the same or more where there is next to no pressure. I’m hoping what he meant by it is simply that you don’t coach players to get a league position, you coach them to win the next game, and the next and so on. If you do that someone else counts up the points and tell you where you finished. 

I’ve played at a few (lowish)levels back in the day. No one ever talked about league position or what we needed points wise to get a certain position. Most of the time we didn’t know where we were in the table or who was close to us etc etc. we knew when we were doing well and we knew when we were doing shite. Some guys didn’t know if we were playing a league game or a cup tie. They just turned up, tried their best and didn’t worry about the table. Position was secondary and we knew if we kept winning that we’d be high up. I hope that’s what he meant.

This big time

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, andi17 said:

My favorite player ever never seen him in that tom titty strip pretty sure me and my mates went to see the famous v Stirling Albion on his debut oh happy days lol

I played for Edina H1B5 and my dad didn’t like the fact they only had 11 strips so when I was on the bench he bought me that strip to wear. Only realised recently that he made me play for them so he could get a few pints at the Jewel Miners club 😆
I feel like I should be lying on a sofa saying all this 🤪.

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Said the same thing before, it's been too easy for us, players got too comfortable and took their foot off the gas. Mindset was ****ing awful, we were a bit arrogant thinking we could turn up against anyone in the SPL and give 50% saving ourselves for next week. Hopefully Naisy will shake that out of them. 

Anyone that can't handle the pressure or isn't willing to give their best every week can get themselves out the door in the summer. 

4 hours ago, stotty said:

Andrew McKinley said the other day that Naismith agreed to vastly reduced terms as coach, as he didn’t think he was up to it as a player anymore - speaks volumes for his character (albeit had made his money in the game).

Ah thanks for that. That is really good of Naismith.

I’d imagine he also maybe considered that it may have been a gesture that would help him start a coaching career with us though, but I’ll happily ignore that and assume it was a selfless act 😀

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That's maybe what was key for Naismith around this decision, reflecting on his own situation at that time. It's much easier to see things in hindsight and Snodgrass might be where he was at that time and can't see the writing was on the wall. Naismith did get there with that though. 

Both Naismith and Snodgrass have high expectations and are on a higher wave length football wise than most of their teammates at Hearts. That can be tough to deal with. Especially when your own body can't keep up. There are definitely parallels in how both were on the park with other players but I wonder if Naismith coaching younger lads has given him a new perspective and patience working with those less able than you and he sees the impact of Snodgrass' attitude on the park in a different light to how he would have at the end of his own career. 

Absolutely 👍🏽 

43 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Said the same thing before, it's been too easy for us, players got too comfortable and took their foot off the gas. Mindset was ****ing awful, we were a bit arrogant thinking we could turn up against anyone in the SPL and give 50% saving ourselves for next week. Hopefully Naisy will shake that out of them. 

Anyone that can't handle the pressure or isn't willing to give their best every week can get themselves out the door in the summer. 

He said the other day the players have coasted. You've got to imagine it's been made crystal clear to anyone remotely stupid enough to be in any doubt. 

The worry is we don't win and fail to get the necessary reaction after all that's gone on. That would almost be humiliating, for these players especially. I think we will though 🤞

Just now, Carter said:

He said the other day the players have coasted. You've got to imagine it's been made crystal clear to anyone remotely stupid enough to be in any doubt. 

The worry is we don't win and fail to get the necessary reaction after all that's gone on. That would almost be humiliating, for these players especially. I think we will though 🤞

It would be. Talk is cheap, the players know that every game now is a cup final, they need to prove it on the pitch. We're better than Hibs so there's no excuse for not winning this game. 

kingantti1874

Match the work rate.win the game.. And they better run their ducking arse off. 5 subs after 60 mind as everyone is ducking knackered 

Aberdeen are white! Their turnaround is down to nothing other than hard work.. And if we can't match that we won't finish third

7 hours ago, basscom said:

Anyone got full Naismith interview from the other day? Can only see it on Hearts tv but I’m not subscribed 

This one?

KyleLafferty

Quite looking forward to seeing how we set up. Never want to lose or draw to these *******s but I’m genuinely more interested to see if we get a reaction. Season isn’t over if we lose as there is still plenty games left. I just want us to be the hardest working team every game we go into.

9 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Quite looking forward to seeing how we set up. Never want to lose or draw to these *******s but I’m genuinely more interested to see if we get a reaction. Season isn’t over if we lose as there is still plenty games left. I just want us to be the hardest working team every game we go into.

I think the opposite , tbh.  We need to get back on the winning front asap.

Forget it’s Hibs for a second, if it’s anyone, we need 3 points.  Games are fast whittling down and our confidence has taken a bash.  Lose, and the season goes into that dangerous territory of fizzling out.

Im not expecting miracles today but we need a lift pronto, we need the players to dig out their courage. We need the gameplan to work pretty much right away and we feed off the confidence if it does. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Match the work rate.win the game.. And they better run their ducking arse off. 5 subs after 60 mind as everyone is ducking knackered 

Aberdeen are white! Their turnaround is down to nothing other than hard work.. And if we can't match that we won't finish third

Isn’t there a lesson in there?   Aberdeen have transformed through the basics and basis of hard work and belief.  I know they aren’t great shakes(as keeps being said) but what it’s proving is hard work brings out the best parts and sees the more skilful players you have being more influential. 

You wear teams down, you test their credentials to deal with pressure, and more than ever we need to show more will to win.  The last thing a weaker teams needs is seeing their stronger opposition tear in about them and run harder than them.  

KyleLafferty
7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I think the opposite , tbh.  We need to get back on the winning front asap.

Forget it’s Hibs for a second, if it’s anyone, we need 3 points.  Games are fast whittling down and our confidence has taken a bash.  Lose, and the season goes into that dangerous territory of fizzling out.

Im not expecting miracles today but we need a lift pronto, we need the players to dig out their courage. We need the gameplan to work pretty much right away and we feed off the confidence if it does. 

Got to always remember there is another 11 guys on the other team trying to win aswell. Both teams are in a terrible spell and both will want to turn it around today. I just want to see a change in attitude and work rate from us today, result will take care of itself.

Regardless of today's result, I can't see Aberdeen losing more points than us, they look like a solid unit with a decent defence.

Naismith can't turn our defence into a decent unit because individually they are defensively weak.

We blown it a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Got to always remember there is another 11 guys on the other team trying to win aswell. Both teams are in a terrible spell and both will want to turn it around today. I just want to see a change in attitude and work rate from us today, result will take care of itself.

Not disagreeing with that regards performance. 

KyleLafferty
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Regardless of today's result, I can't see Aberdeen losing more points than us, they look like a solid unit with a decent defence.

Naismith can't turn our defence into a decent unit because individually they are defensively weak.

We blown it a few weeks ago.

We could easily be above Aberdeen in the league before the split 😂

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Carter said:

All true. Turning this around in 5 days tho is a really tall order. If people have made a decision to leave in summer already then you would hope they would want the shop window.

I dont expect all SN "changes" to work today.

I reckon the biggest lift will probably be the change in atmosphere for some, embarrasment and guilt for others over RN departure.

4 hours ago, Mrs C said:

This one?

Thanks mate but not that one, the press conference after that. Only see excerpts but it looked really good. 👌

Mr Elwood P
On 11/04/2023 at 00:24, Pasquale for King said:

You cant know if players are good enough until they play, Pollock has looked good on the rare occasion he has been sent on. 
But yes the academy under CL and Roger Arnott wasted millions and produced extremely little, although the passage into the 1st team wasn’t really a smooth one. 
Whoever the next manager is has to try and rectify that. 

There's Naismith confirmed it.

Big John Colquhoun

Don’t want to be too hard on Naismith for that. Went to a back 4 which was what I and lots of others have been crying out for. Liked how he tried to set the team up.

Gave some players a chance today and they let him down. Let’s see if they’re in the next starting line up, I doubt it.

Forrest is just average, he’s never good enough to be a starting winger for us. Let Naismith dow. Such poor recruitment in the wide forward areas. Hope we move Forrest, Gino, Mackay Steven, Oda and Guol on in the summer. Huge area for improvement.

The centre mid area looks weak considering we’ve got a load of centre midfielders. Halliday isn’t good enough to be a starting centre midfielder every week. Devlin is utterly average. Grant got a chance today and looked bright at points, we’ve just not seen enough from him.

left back we’ve got two good left backs and right back Smith on his last legs and Atkinson’s crap. We might have to sell one of the left backs to improve the right back spot - try to get an equally good right and left back starting.

So much to do on the squad, there are good players there but so much average, journeyman dross.

Tynecastle Valhalla

You picked the wrong starting team there !

get some pace and power back in the side !

ToadKiller Dog

I listened to Naismiths pre match interview he sounded nervous and the complete rookie manager that he of course is , it didn't instill confidence in me , and it looks the same fir the players .

Big sharp learning curve fir him.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The audition ain't off to a great start. Six games remaining for him.

It’s over already. No chance he’s getting the job.

Diadora Van Basten

Naismith made far too many mistakes today.

McKay, Halliday and Kingsley shouldn’t have been starting.

Bringing on Kio and Cochrane when we are one nil down and you have two forwards on the bench was hopeless.

We didn’t put Hibs under any pressure and it was us that we’re making mistakes that eventually cost us.

On 13/04/2023 at 23:15, brux said:

What do you need cleared up?

1. Whose decision was it to bin Snoddy

2. Exactly why was he binned?

Thats what I want cleared up

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Bringing on Kio and Cochrane when we are one nil down and you have two forwards on the bench was hopeless.

We didn’t put Hibs under any pressure and it was us that we’re making mistakes that eventually cost us.

McKay was a lot better today. Later in the first half we came alive and did some nice stuff, unlucky not to score a couple.

Not good enough second half and subs were terrible. Cochrane for Kingsley and Koul for Grant would’ve been my choice. 

south morocco

Called it right about slow build up at the back when a forward pass is on. Players obviously had this drilled in from Neilson

Edited by south morocco

highlandjambo3
35 minutes ago, Jim bett said:

1. Whose decision was it to bin Snoddy

2. Exactly why was he binned?

Thats what I want cleared up

I can provide you with 50% clarification, which is better than nowt:

1.  Can’t answer that one

2.  Because he was shit 

Hows that?

Robson lost his first and third game for Aberdeen before going on the current six game winning streak. 

What’s the chances of us doing something similar?

Just now, basscom said:

Robson lost his first and third game for Aberdeen before going on the current six game winning streak. 

What’s the chances of us doing something similar?

Slim. Our players are weak and characterless. They don't mentally have any fight left in them and couldn't even get themselves up for a derby. 

Sorry man, 3rds dead.

The Treasurer

Far too much talk coming out of Tynecastle but very little action. 

I say to the players and everyone else involved, shut the f up and do your talking on the pitch 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Slim. Our players are weak and characterless. They don't mentally have any fight left in them and couldn't even get themselves up for a derby. 

Sorry man, 3rds dead.

I think you’re right.

Had high hopes for an instant reaction but now just total apathy for this team.

Absolute charlatans 

lost in space
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Yes, this.

Can't believe Naismith put out a "Levein/Neilson" team tho shape was a bit different. He even substituted like Neilson.

He must surely see we need to play with some strength (Lewis Neilson?) and get the players forward.

18 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I played for Edina H1B5 and my dad didn’t like the fact they only had 11 strips so when I was on the bench he bought me that strip to wear. Only realised recently that he made me play for them so he could get a few pints at the Jewel Miners club 😆
I feel like I should be lying on a sofa saying all this 🤪.

Brilliant mate i was asked to play for Edina in the 70s when they had a good team Longstone Hearts wanted me as well pretty crap team,the strip swung it scored four in my debut against guess who lol

Pasquale for King
Just now, andi17 said:

Brilliant mate i was asked to play for Edina in the 70s when they had a good team Longstone Hearts wanted me as well pretty crap team,the strip swung it scored four in my debut against guess who lol

Brilliant, definitely didn’t soften my feelings towards them, probably made me worse. 

10 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

We could easily be above Aberdeen in the league before the split 😂

ha ha - very good

44 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yes, this.

Can't believe Naismith put out a "Levein/Neilson" team tho shape was a bit different. He even substituted like Neilson.

He must surely see we need to play with some strength (Lewis Neilson?) and get the players forward.

Lewis Neilson is honking i watched the recent Scotland u21 games and they were pumped by Wales, The boy can barely run

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Far too much talk coming out of Tynecastle but very little action. 

I say to the players and everyone else involved, shut the f up and do your talking on the pitch 

Spot on

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, basscom said:

I think you’re right.

Had high hopes for an instant reaction but now just total apathy for this team.

Absolute charlatans 

Definitely