Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )

Thomaso

lost in space
Just now, 19/05/2012 said:

Lewis Neilson is honking i watched the recent Scotland u21 games and they were pumped by Wales, The boy can barely run

I didn't see the game but although not the fastest, he can trot a bit. He can head the ball. He is strong. He doesn't get pushed about. He might be able to head corners away. He might even win a header in opposition box. 

We need some strength and bravery in the team. I don't see anybody else stepping forward.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Fozzyonthefence

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Naismith made far too many mistakes today.

McKay, Halliday and Kingsley shouldn’t have been starting.

Bringing on Kio and Cochrane when we are one nil down and you have two forwards on the bench was hopeless.

We didn’t put Hibs under any pressure and it was us that we’re making mistakes that eventually cost us.

Mckay was head and shoulders our best player today. Not sure who you’d have played instead of Halliday. Our midfield options are horrendous. Cochrane was pretty poor on our last visit to ER so no problem for me playing Kingsley at LB. 

Grant starting was a big mistake though. He’s looked half decent off the bench a few times but reality is he is simply not good enough. 

Rocky jamboa

Although the line up wasn't great today, and weird subs at 1 nil down with 20 mins to go, it looks like the players are shot of confidence after playing robbies snore ball for so long (and leveins before that). Hopefully stevie can work on that next week and we'll see the shackles off and a more high tempo performance v ross Co. 

Our shape today, our distances were a ****ing joke. Not sure I'd put any blame at Naisys door but if you're losing the ball in the oppositions final third and they are getting 40-50 yards up the park before anyone gets close to them, then you've got a serious problem. 

We were too wide at times in possession. McKay had loads of ball first half, absolutely zero runs off the front or players showing for the ball. A truly inept performance in the biggest game of the season. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Yes, this.

Can't believe Naismith put out a "Levein/Neilson" team tho shape was a bit different. He even substituted like Neilson.

He must surely see we need to play with some strength (Lewis Neilson?) and get the players forward.

Naismith is symptomatic of the jobs for the boys culture under Super Gran.

She’s made us soft as shite and that’s been true for about five years now.

Get her and all her ****ing yes man to ****

GorgieFifeLife
6 hours ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

Don’t want to be too hard on Naismith for that. Went to a back 4 which was what I and lots of others have been crying out for. Liked how he tried to set the team up.

Gave some players a chance today and they let him down. Let’s see if they’re in the next starting line up, I doubt it.

Forrest is just average, he’s never good enough to be a starting winger for us. Let Naismith dow. Such poor recruitment in the wide forward areas. Hope we move Forrest, Gino, Mackay Steven, Oda and Guol on in the summer. Huge area for improvement.

The centre mid area looks weak considering we’ve got a load of centre midfielders. Halliday isn’t good enough to be a starting centre midfielder every week. Devlin is utterly average. Grant got a chance today and looked bright at points, we’ve just not seen enough from him.

left back we’ve got two good left backs and right back Smith on his last legs and Atkinson’s crap. We might have to sell one of the left backs to improve the right back spot - try to get an equally good right and left back starting.

So much to do on the squad, there are good players there but so much average, journeyman dross.

I’ve not seen these 2 good left backs we have?  

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That's utter shit. She's **** all do with the football and naismith is no yes man. Not saying will get gig but he sure as **** isn't a yes man 

Ffs

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Absolutely this.

Arthur Morgan

A decent manager can change a team pretty quickly, look at Roy Hodgson at Crystal Palace ffs, 13 GAMES WITHOUT A WIN and they have now won 3 in a row since he took over in April. Look at Barry Robson with Aberdeen, same for Kettlewell at Motherwell despite their defeat today.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

3 hours ago, basscom said:

Robson lost his first and third game for Aberdeen before going on the current six game winning streak. 

What’s the chances of us doing something similar?

Zero 

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Yes, this.

Can't believe Naismith put out a "Levein/Neilson" team tho shape was a bit different. He even substituted like Neilson.

He must surely see we need to play with some strength (Lewis Neilson?) and get the players forward.

This. Felt like a safety first selection. Could have put a real marker down today. Hopefully today has shown up a few of them

KyleLafferty
10 minutes ago, Korky said:

Easily!
:vrface:

I wrote that 11 hours ago, and you’ve went back and quoted it. This how you spending your Saturday night sad sacks? 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I wrote that 11 hours ago, and you’ve went back and quoted it. This how you spending your Saturday night sad sacks? 

Even 11 hours ago anyone who has watched Hearts recently surely couldn’t imagine us ‘easily’ getting ahead of Aberdeen by the split. Full marks for optimism though.

Fozzyonthefence
6 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The audition ain't off to a great start. Six games remaining for him.

Sound like you’re desperate for him to fail. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Hopefully the one positive to be taken from todays shitfest will be Naismith doesnt get the gig.

And another. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Just now, been here before said:

Hopefully the one positive to be taken from todays shitfest will be Naismith doesnt get the gig.

A total failure after a few days in the job!

:clyay:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

correct

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Regardless of today's result, I can't see Aberdeen losing more points than us, they look like a solid unit with a decent defence.

Naismith can't turn our defence into a decent unit because individually they are defensively weak.

We blown it a few weeks ago.

Most of my peer group got worried when Jan window shut and we had minced around with project signings while Rome burned.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Sound like you’re desperate for him to fail. 

Oh absolutely.

Can't wait to finish 6th.

been here before
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And another. 

Aye  thinking he's not up to the job is being "desperate fir him to fail" :rofl:

What a slaver, how do you manage to function?

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Oh absolutely.

Can't wait to finish 6th.

Aye, you sound like it.  Anyone Hearts fan trying to point score after losing to a piss poor Hibs side is a complete bellend. 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye  thinking he's not up to the job is being "desperate fir him to fail" :rofl:

What a slaver, how do you manage to function?

How do you manage to function without Robbie?   SN won’t get the job permanently but I hope he wins every game until we appoint a permanent manager in the summer.  Can you say the same?  I support Hearts not Robbie Neilson, he’s gone, he ain’t ever coming back so get your big boy pants on and get over it. 

been here before
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How do you manage to function without Robbie?   SN won’t get the job permanently but I hope he wins every game until we appoint a permanent manager in the summer.  Can you say the same?  I support Hearts not Robbie Neilson, he’s gone, he ain’t ever coming back so get your big boy pants on and get over it. 

Whats Neilson got to do with the fact I dont think Naismith is up to it?

You're sitting there bashing the keys making shit up with Neilson on your mind.

Thought that Naismith had an opportunity to stamp his personality, authority on the team today. He might have won, he might have lost, but we would have at least seen a difference in performance in recent weeks......

What we got was a team that was exactly how we would have expected Neilson to have set us up. TURGID, SLOW, BORING....CRAP!
Naismith was a rabbit in the headlights on the Sky interview........He lost out today by not being imaginative in his team selection

0 out 2 so far in his young managerial career.

Edited by Hashimoto

Rick Sanchez
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye, you sound like it.  Anyone Hearts fan trying to point score after losing to a piss poor Hibs side is a complete bellend. 

I'm not sure how stating he has 6 games left of his audition is point scoring but you're bang on with your analysis, I am a bellend 👍

Pasquale for King
Just now, Hashimoto said:

Thought that Naismith had an opportunity to stamp his personality, authority on the team today. He might have won, he might have lost, but we would have at least seen a difference in performance in recent weeks......

What we we got was a team that was exactly how we would have expected Neilson to have set us up. TURGID, SLOW, BORING....CRAP!
Naismith was a rabbit in the headlights on the Sky interview........He lost out today by not being imaginative in his team selection

0 out 2 so far in his young managerial experience.

Spot on, a bad start. 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, been here before said:

Whats Neilson got to do with the fact I dont think Naismith is up to it?

You're sitting there bashing the keys making shit up with Neilson on your mind.

You’re still gutted Neilson got sacked.  You were one of his biggest fanboys.  Now you seem glad Naismith lost his first game.  What’s more important to you - Hearts or Neilson? 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm not sure how stating he has 6 games left of his audition is point scoring but you're bang on with your analysis, I am a bellend 👍

Yes, I know 👍

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Korky said:

A total failure after a few days in the job!

:clyay:

Good that you backed that up by showing him an actual total failure 👍🏽

Clearly showed today that despite Neilson being part of the problem the players are also not up for it. Don't think I have seen a worse performance than that in a Derby for years. Once again we need a huge clear out. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’re still gutted Neilson got sacked.  You were one of his biggest fanboys.  Now you seem glad Naismith lost his first game.  What’s more important to you - Hearts or Neilson? 

Tell you what dipshit, **** knows who you're thinking of here, but show me one post where Ive supported Neilson, just one. As one of "his biggest fanboys" it should take you no time. Just one...

Ill even help you by giving you a link to my posts-

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/profile/30530-been-here-before/content/

Go for it lets see the pro Neilson posts you imagine. 😆

You've utterly ****in lost it here :rofl:. What a nightmare you're having.

Edited by been here before

Rick Sanchez
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, I know 👍

Couldn't answer the first part though. One could also say a fan arguing with fellow fans after a derby defeat is also a bellend.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Tell you what dipshit, **** knows who you're thinking of here, but show me one post where Ive supported Neilson, just one. As one of "his biggest fanboys" it should take you no time. Just one...

You've utterly ****in lost it here :rofl:. What a nightmare you're having.

Still happy Naismith is failing his audition aye?  You certainly sound like it.

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

:rofl:

been here before

Still happy Naismith is failing his audition aye?  You certainly sound like it.

Hows the pro Neilson post hunt coming along? Got one yet?

:rofl:

Naisy can only piss with the cock he has tbh. The team he put out and the formation was what the majority of the moany *******s have been wanting to see for months. He played every player in what we'd regard as their "natural position". I can't see how he can shoulder any blame. That's what we have available. 

10 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

What we got was a team that was exactly how we would have expected Neilson to have set us up. TURGID, SLOW, BORING....CRAP!

0 out 2 so far in his young managerial career.

You can't polish a turd

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Couldn't answer the first part though. One could also say a fan arguing with fellow fans after a derby defeat is also a bellend.

Most of us hurt after a rare derby defeat.  The ones on here trying to say “I told you so” are bigger bellends imo and clearly the ones looking for an argument, especially when they were in a about a 7% minority. 

been here before

Most of us hurt after a rare derby defeat.  The ones on here trying to say “I told you so” are bigger bellends imo and clearly the ones looking for an argument, especially when they were in a about a 7% minority. 

I like the posters who make shit up.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I doubt he’ll be afforded the opportunity to fail on anything like the scale of that balloon!

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Korky said:

I doubt he’ll be afforded the opportunity to fail on anything like the scale of that balloon!

🤞

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, been here before said:

😆

You're having a mare here man. 

Well tell me then.  Only 7% wanted Neilson to stay.  I don’t know if you were one of the nutters at the bitter end but you were always putting anyone down that had a bad word to say about him, 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Naisy can only piss with the cock he has tbh. The team he put out and the formation was what the majority of the moany *******s have been wanting to see for months. He played every player in what we'd regard as their "natural position". I can't see how he can shoulder any blame. That's what we have available. 

Was hoping for more of a new manager bounce and a higher tempo, but he was never going to be able to wave a magic wand.
Ive recently backed the players up until today, 2nd best in a derby just isn’t acceptable. 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Clearly showed today that despite Neilson being part of the problem the players are also not up for it. Don't think I have seen a worse performance than that in a Derby for years. Once again we need a huge clear out. 

Absolutely.  Hopefully a lot of these ***** are out of contract in the summer.  Chance of a clean slate today and they totally ****ed it. 

been here before

Well tell me then.  Only 7% wanted Neilson to stay.  I don’t know if you were one of the nutters at the bitter end but you were always putting anyone down that had a bad word to say about him, 

Nup you're still making shit up.

You've had a good look at my posts and found **** all to back up your shite then so its just down to vague bollkcks?

Lets see the posts- just one again where I "always put anyone down who had a bad word to say about him"

You cant do it.

Why not just admit you've went absolutely OTT about thinking Im someone else ("you were one of Neilsons biggest fanboys" :rofl:)and stop digging an even bigger, more embarrassing, hole?

Drylaw Hearts

5 days with the players and the only real change was getting Barrie McKay to hug the left touchline.

As suspected…..Naismith said all the right things but delivered very very little.