***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

vladisacoward
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

100% 

Data has a role, but our squad is characterless and piss weak. The money we've wasted on Kio and Grant is offensive.

I'm genuinely counting down the days till we never have to see some of these shitehouses in a hearts jersey again. I wonder how much more they can embarrass us before that time comes though? Saving grace we have the split, because these clowns aren't winning another game this season. 

Couldn’t agree more.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

23 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Very poor all over the park. Particularly midfield. Halliday and Grant not up to the task and Devlin mediocre. The defence is dreadful. Rowles was absolutely rotten. Sibbick only a little better but that fresh air swipe and outjumped for the goal. Atkinson, who I do not rate, was the best of the lot at the back which speaks volumes. All our best players are injured and the players we have brought in are nowhere near good enough. Mckay was our best player in the first half but disappeared in the second. So many misplaced passes and mistimed jumps and tackles all over the place. 

When things were going well Savage got all the praise on here and in the press. When it goes wrong it is down to Robbie. Folk cant have it both ways.

Totally agree with that last bit! The recruitment this season has been utterly atrocious, and the board should rightfully be asking questions of Savage.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, OTT said:

100% 

Data has a role, but our squad is characterless and piss weak. The money we've wasted on Kio and Grant is offensive.

I'm genuinely counting down the days till we never have to see some of these shitehouses in a hearts jersey again. I wonder how much more they can embarrass us before that time comes though? Saving grace we have the split, because these clowns aren't winning another game this season. 

I can hear Kios passes completed data being discussed in my head right now. To be totally even handed if he had 3 decent midfielders alongside him it would distort it a little. Serious balls up at that money tho.

Better get used to it, doubt they going anywhere unless we release them. 

It’s the absolute free fall that confuses the life out of me!

Our performances over the season have not exactly been great and yes the management team seems to have messed up - wether that be formation, positioning or subs. 

But look at the names on the team sheet that played against Zurich at Tynie

Gordon, M. Smith, Kingsley (Sibbick 77’), Rowles, Cochrane, Devlin (C. Smith 83’), Grant, Forrest (Ginnelly 63’), McKay, Boyce (Haring 63’), Shankland

It’s more than night and day. 

vladisacoward
Just now, Thomaso said:

No doubt about it - the Board pumped money in on wages on the basis we would nail down 3rd place and the resultant £6m.

This is a disaster for the Club in terms of bringing new players in, as well as giving our main rivals (Sheep) a huge financial boost

Spot on. Every word.

1 minute ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

I'd be surprised if we win another game this season.

Just as well we accumulated the points we did because we are in a run of relegation form!

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Bickfest said:

Apologies. Did not mean to have a dig at you personally. I've just seen this scenario too many times since the bizarre decision to boot Tommy Walker. Some supporters seem to think that changing the manager is a panacea.

BTW I agree with your brief summary.

No worries and did not take it personally. Too thick skinned for that crap. as I said we did try to attack more but still no where near the bounce I and many others expected. Aberdeen win means they will take third and we will be lucky to stay top six if they can't /won't get their finger out.

Nerja Jambo
3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Weve lost a derby and were all annoyed and hurting, but blaming it all on the board is an overreaction. The board acted quickly to get rid of Neilson and if anyone thinks any manager is going to come in and after a week its all great again are deluded. Next week is massive. 

If you read my post you will see that it's not about losing to Hibs, its about the endless cock ups this board has made since administration culminating in blowing £5 million. Look at the broader picture and you tell me what football appointment or sacking have they got right. They have continually taken far to long to sack a coach and generally far to long to appoint one. Plus what bloody idiot came up with the absurd idea to award RN with an extension before the season even started, costing us even more money. If you can't see the bigger picture, well. 

12 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Weve lost a derby and were all annoyed and hurting, but blaming it all on the board is an overreaction. The board acted quickly to get rid of Neilson and if anyone thinks any manager is going to come in and after a week its all great again are deluded. Next week is massive. 

Quickly enough???? Should not have been back in the firstbplace

Arthur Morgan

It's the least bothered I've been about losing a derby in years, says it all really. Can't wait for this season to be over now.

The down turn in our ability to play football is amazing. 

Rangers and Celtic to get the full school end next season as all the Johnny fair weather fans gtf. 

weegie jambo
8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

This. I did think today would come too early.

3rd relies on us beating County and Sevco beating sheep IMO.

Just about still on then and hopefully SN can continue to improve performances and confidence, day on day.

This, all day. Anyone expecting a massive turnaround from a team that has had the confidence drilled out of them by Neilson are expecting too much. That was a fighting Hibs team that only played hoofball and we just didn't have the confidence to rise above their basic tactic. These players have been good at times this season and can be again but it's a huge ask. I just can't be doing with all the toys out of the pram negativity on here. 3rd place is going to be very very hard but not impossible. Let's give Naismith more than one game before being too critical.

11 minutes ago, flem said:

Agree fully. This was overlooked as we won 3-0 twice. 

It wasn’t necessarily overlooked.
But if you suggested we rode our luck in these games there were those falling over themselves to tell you you must be a Hibs fan.

Strangely, they appear conspicuously absent at the moment…

heartandsoul
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

It's the least bothered I've been about losing a derby in years, says it all really. Can't wait for this season to be over now.

I'm the same. Total apathy has set in.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Curious still about which players haven't had the chances they deserve to show us what they're capable of.

Finlay Pollock

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Matty said:

It’s the absolute free fall that confuses the life out of me!

Our performances over the season have not exactly been great and yes the management team seems to have messed up - wether that be formation, positioning or subs. 

But look at the names on the team sheet that played against Zurich at Tynie

Gordon, M. Smith, Kingsley (Sibbick 77’), Rowles, Cochrane, Devlin (C. Smith 83’), Grant, Forrest (Ginnelly 63’), McKay, Boyce (Haring 63’), Shankland

It’s more than night and day. 

As good as it was, and it was, we have lunched on that 45-55 mins far too long. Rode our luck plenty times this season because Shankland found the net and our nearest rivals continued to have a mare.

They sorted themselves out and we decided results were all that mattered, and here we are...

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Finley Pollock

Wasn't even picked today. So if that is who McKinley had in mind. The coaching staff don't seem to agree.

(Withdraw the above if he's injured or something though!)

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

Quickly enough???? Should not have been back in the firstbplace

Brora and the obvious slow negative play should have had alarm bells ringing but the board decided to extend his contract. We won many of our games against the run of play and somehow managed to score goals. The prime example was Hibs last game where they SHOULD have been 3 or 4 up but we went up the park and score completely against the run of play. We got out of jail on so many occasions and still "Bob's" fans tried to convince everyone he was a world class manager.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just realised it is an early kick off next week and I won't see the game as I'm out for my wedding anniversary! :pleasing:

• weak
• no intensity
• felt sorry for themselves.  
• half paced,
• no desire
• slow and predictable.

Utterly pathetic.  

15 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I’ve heard that statement made by the happy clappers after every time we’ve played shit which has been 90% of the season ,third place is not on and the players are not up for it and I cant see this bunch of imposters winning another game

Thing is I never have been a happy clapper. I still believe we can beat Ross County. Not totally confident though.

Rangers could/should beat the Sheep.

2 points behind the sheepies with a game v them at home. Yeh maybe need the breaks but not impossible. 

3 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

It wasn’t necessarily overlooked.
But if you suggested we rode our luck in these games there were those falling over themselves to tell you you must be a Hibs fan.

Strangely, they appear conspicuously absent at the moment…

I'm here. I thought we rode our luck in the second of those games but that that in itself isn't a bad thing. Rangers and Celtic ride their luck in games all season. 

However everything since then has largely proven me wrong and I'll accept that. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

No doubt about it - the Board pumped money in on wages on the basis we would nail down 3rd place and the resultant £6m.

This is a disaster for the Club in terms of bringing new players in, as well as giving our main rivals (Sheep) a huge financial boost

Absolutely. 

I'm not even actually angry now, its that quit feeling - You know when you've just realised how utterly ****ed it is? Disappointed bemusement maybe. 

This right here is why we can't progress as a club, the minute we start to try and get somewhere we have **** it. We ****ed it with Cathro and we're ****ing it now. 

To have overcome the rocky start we had with Europe and the league to then sit 10 points clear but then to **** it at this stage is beyond the pale. I don't want to see these players at the club after the summer because I don't ****ing trust them anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

They did, albeit not that well received. 

Worst hearts performance I’ve seen at ER in all honesty. Season is over and doubt we win another game. 

Naismith has zero chance of getting that  job full time. Probably not all that fair to judge him but that teams turning nothing around. 

I’m pretty much done myself. Won’t be at another away game this season and can’t even see myself turning up for home games. 

Nothing positive about today 😡

I wouldn't be so sure, and that's what worries me. Not slight on him, but he's nowhere near ready.

We should have had an experienced manager lined up months ago to replace Neilson imo.

Ex member of the SaS
4 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

This, all day. Anyone expecting a massive turnaround from a team that has had the confidence drilled out of them by Neilson are expecting too much. That was a fighting Hibs team that only played hoofball and we just didn't have the confidence to rise above their basic tactic. These players have been good at times this season and can be again but it's a huge ask. I just can't be doing with all the toys out of the pram negativity on here. 3rd place is going to be very very hard but not impossible. Let's give Naismith more than one game before being too critical.

Don't think anyone is blaming SN. the blame for our slump and players fight is clearly down to the last six months or slow ponderous possession play.

JudyJudyJudy

Maybe it wasn’t just neilson absolute shambles today 

There seemed to be zero motivation or fight . Like a bunch of prissy dicks when they got a touch of the ball , which they tended to promptly lose. It truly was dire 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Absolutely. 

I'm not even actually angry now, its that quit feeling - You know when you've just realised how utterly ****ed it is? Disappointed bemusement maybe. 

This right here is why we can't progress as a club, the minute we start to try and get somewhere we have **** it. We ****ed it with Cathro and we're ****ing it now. 

To have overcome the rocky start we had with Europe and the league to then sit 10 points clear but then to **** it at this stage is beyond the pale. I don't want to see these players at the club after the summer because I don't ****ing trust them anymore. 

Yup today sickened me! Watching that game it was obvious that half the team had given up the ghost with 15 minutes to go.

The financial implication of our collapse will not make chasing Aberdeen a big task as they will attract the players with financial clout and Europe as a sweetener!

A sell out of our season tickets next season???? 😏

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

Sorry, but you're kidding yourself if you think that was any improvement. The Neilson out brigade and others had better prepare themselves. we are going downwards for quite some time. History repeating itself.

Probably what the happy clappers want so they can be proved right.  More important for those roasters to be right than Hearts actually winning games.  This place is a joke. 

13 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

Nobody would expect to turn everything around in a week. What I did expect however was a change in attitude from the players and some changes in personnel. Naismith played the same players and left the same players out and his subs today were bizarre. All after talking about giving players a chance. A big improvement needed from Naismith as well as the squad next week. No lessons learned

I wasnt excusing todays performance, just pointed out to the poster of his overreaction wanting the board sacked after todays game.  

SM Sheffield
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I wasnt excusing todays performance, just pointed out to the poster of his overreaction wanting the board sacked after todays game.  

I agree with you totally on that. The board are the least of the problems 

Hate to say iy but rank and file review, again of where we are going.

And unfortunately Scottish game basics may be what we need to revert to.

Edited by DETTY29

Beyond pathetic. Hates a strong word, but I really resent some of these players wearing our jersey. Very few of them are fit to wear it again but will continue to do so out of necessity. 

Roll on the summer and we can see how many we can see the back of. Hoping double figures. 

Nerja Jambo
28 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

This is not about losing a derby, it's not about SN working a miracle, its about the endless mistakes this board has made over the years. They did not act quickly over sacking Neilson, they were weeks to late. The Aberdeen game should have been the latest the acted but no, they dallied as usual. The board are the problem of that there is no doubt. 

Scott Leitch
21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Just as well we accumulated the points we did because we are in a run of relegation form!

Thanks Robbie Bob 

9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Maybe it wasn’t just neilson absolute shambles today 

There seemed to be zero motivation or fight . Like a bunch of prissy dicks when they got a touch of the ball , which they tended to promptly lose. It truly was dire 

Aye.  Too much to go into, tbh.

Posers, lightweight, no brains, no anticipation, no proper workrate…..that’s a wee start.  

weegie jambo
15 minutes ago, Baldy61 said:

Thing is I never have been a happy clapper. I still believe we can beat Ross County. Not totally confident though.

Rangers could/should beat the Sheep.

2 points behind the sheepies with a game v them at home. Yeh maybe need the breaks but not impossible. 

that's spirit, I'm on your bus mate!

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Sibbick and Rowels passing the ball back and forth and going nowhere is doing my napper right in. 

It was excruciating watching us trying to create space to get free and create.  

We had a wee spell of reasonable inter play 10 mins before half time but it still looked a bit aimless and lacking conviction.  

A pish Hibs team had us turning time and again to defend.  They chased lost causes and believed they could nick balls in dangerous areas.  We seem not to believe in doing that part of the game now.  

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Sibbick and Rowels passing the ball back and forth and going nowhere is doing my napper right in. 

Know does my napper in? When there's 10 yards of space Infront of them and they pass the ball, players should be carrying it into space and passing when they are being closed down. 

ford donald
48 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I don't even feel like we've lost a derby today I'm the used to watching shite displays like that.

The apathy is real.

Exactly it's depressing to watch,where was the reaction from the players,apart from Mckay.

26 minutes ago, FWJ said:

It’s starting to feel like that 

who do the fans turn on next if things continue downhill? 

colinmorewasgash

Get wee davie martindale in hed kick their arses lol if nowt else press conferences would be fun and folk go on about his eye bleeding footy. Have you saw us lately wtf was that today weak soft as shit outbattled by a team managed by pepsi sas man lee. Embarrassing if players want to go don't play them. Rather watch laddies like neilson pollock kirk etc than these imposters. Anyone watching rowles early doors knew against a big wellbuilt striker he'd struggle in our lge but he's defo got worse. Shankland starved off service again. For all the savage haters  Robbie didn't want a big ugly commanding centre back which we hve needed all season preseason halkett was fit kingsley was back rowles sibbick and neilson were there there he was offered a few I know that for a fact he dithered about it then decided he had halkett even though he was injury prone hence why wright left as quick as he came. Fester is a joke to get into as usual miss kick off again tossers, get impression these pricks do it on purpose as they think its some advantage.

Have a good evening fellow hearts fans we 'll be back to stuff them soon enough again.

20 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely. 

Feel the same. ****ing scunnered. 

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Naismith’s comments after the game…

16ED93EA-BC15-4D7D-B0B9-72F5BF90642C.jpeg

Those 3 words in a row sum up our recent form.

Didn't, didn't, didn't.

They don't give a shit.