***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Zander, Atkinson and McKay pass marks

Sibbick , Kingsley,  Rowles , Devlin, Halliday and Shankland absolutely horrendous,  beyond embarrassing. 

Grant and Forrest while poor at least tried to get on the ball and didn't hide .

Make no mistake that was a dreadful Hibs team, I can't think of many Hearts teams from the past that would have lost that game.

Grant had an opportunity to strike on goal in each half from inside the box and chose not to on both occassions. Not what this club needs from a supposedley CAM.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

On 09/04/2023 at 14:55, jamboozy said:

A one - nil win…..to them.

I was so wishing I would be wrong 😑😞

Scott Monument
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Don't agree. It just highlights that they've got their priorities all wrong imo.

I get the financial benefit of doing stuff like that but we always seem far more interested in the next vanity project than actually performing on the park and I feel that leaks into the entire club mentality.

I couldn't give a stuff about the other stuff. Even the new stand, no seats, seats that couldn't see the goals, a random empty space (hence the hotel idea), the views of the castle etc, the cost, the architect. It was a debacle start to finish. Dead pitch from an orchestra. It's just shambolic management endlessly in search of vanity projects. I joked yesterday about whether they'd remembered to order the beds for the hotel...it genuinely wouldn't surprise me.

An embarrassment of a club now from top to bottom direct debit payments will decline in big numbers now who wants to invest in that 

1 minute ago, Bickfest said:

Sorry, but you're kidding yourself if you think that was any improvement. The Neilson out brigade and others had better prepare themselves. we are going downwards for quite some time. History repeating itself.

We have been going backwards for most of the season. That was the carbon copy of the last derby apart from we took our half chances. 

If we are in freefall it's down to Nielson 

Well that was pathetic. 

Defence look ropey as he'll.

Sibbick should do better at goal but Rowles getting bullied every game is killing us.

Halliday in midfield brings nothing (thanks for the memories but it's time to go)

Up top is pathetic as hell.  Not one can I remember shankland bringing a ball down for midfield to run on to (Nisbet done it plenty)

I say it week in week out if we are not going to create chances in the box for him put someone else in that can hold the ball or go in behind

LochcarronJambo
13 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

A new manager needs to be prioritised now. We need a clean break and a number of this squad moved on in the summer. We need leaders on the pitch and new ideas from a new coaching team. The lack of fight from that side today was completely unacceptable. Kio on when we need to change the game with Kuol and Oda once again sat on the bench? After talking about giving players a chance. Not good enough from Naismith or the players today. 

Totally agree with this, we had to throw on Kuol to try something different after they scored… we looked a shambles with no idea how to get back into it

I think there's a few players in that team already thinking of the summer holidays and planning an exit route, the bad new for them is the takers will be few and far between.

2 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

As in any business the buck stops at the top. They have wasted millions by their endless poor footballing decisions. In fact have they ever got one right. This is not just about todays game as that result certainly didn't surprise me, its a continual attitude that they know best, when in fact they know zilch about football. They may know plenty about business and law etc, but football? Nothing is ever going to change until Ann Budge and those who have been on the board since we came out of administration go. That's now a fifteen point turn around between us and Aberdeen, an utter disgrace. The board are the problem, but are they being held to account by our FOH reps? How much more money are they going to waste, how many more shocking decisions are they going to make before they get one right. As per the silence from both will be deafening. We need a new accountable board every bit as much as we need a new coach. They should hang their heads in shame.

Calm down thats just absolute nonsense. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

Sorry, but you're kidding yourself if you think that was any improvement. The Neilson out brigade and others had better prepare themselves. we are going downwards for quite some time. History repeating itself.

The improvement was we did get the ball forward occasionally and McKay drove up the wing more. Over all as I said after the first line it was still far too slow with no fight or desire.

1 minute ago, Scott Monument said:

An embarrassment of a club now from top to bottom direct debit payments will decline in big numbers now who wants to invest in that 

Aye you wish.

vladisacoward
2 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

How terrible is Rowles playing. He’s been absolutely honking. 

Remember, he played well for about 30 mins at the World Cup and you had the clowns on here telling us he was already worth £4 million and that would only go up. These are largely the same imbeciles who hadn’t grasped that Smith’s legs had gone at least a year ago (nothing against him incidentally, never an amazing player but a decent servant who has done ok for us and not his fault folk on here and the clown ex manager couldn’t see his time was up). Often the same folk who were on here a few weeks ago telling us all how good snodgrass was and how we had to extend his deal. And that kio was misunderstood and would be a good signing and worth the few hundred grand we chucked at that deal. Honestly, if you can’t see how stupid you are if you believed any of that let alone all of it as some did, you have no place watching or commenting on football. Certainly not at my club.

RudiSkacel51

None of our midfielders are good enough, the fact that Kio and Grant get into the squad is embarrassing. 

Massive congrats to the lads today, if we had doubts they couldn't finish 3rd, they really put that to rest today. Absolutely decisive. 

Corstorphine Jambo

How is it that a club that apparently has such a good balance sheet has a non-existent midfield. I take no pleasure in saying that I’ve been on about it to my mates all season. Halliday and Grant were pretty much anonymous for the first half hour. The lack of mobility is sad to see. 

Shocking, but not really surprised, we're in freefall and thats not gonna change anytime soon, not with the players we have, who can't get themselves up for a Derby, ffs unforgivable 

1 minute ago, Scott Monument said:

And back you go to . Nut.

:getout:

Naismith went with experience. Possibly have been different against anyone else.Obviously didn't work. 

Ross County game now massive. Fans, management  and especially 

Players have to be up for this one. 

3rd place is still on, just. 

Anything other than a win. No chance. 

1 minute ago, LochcarronJambo said:

How can a Hibs team have more fight than us?  Not one player in maroon played well - was expecting a positive reaction today & didn’t get… clear also that atleast half this team should be emptied at the end of the season

Robbie Ranieri has left us with the lot of them, god help us.

Everyone of them gutless, unfit, slow, predictable and not an ounce of motivation.

Even Klopp, couldn't get a performance out of that lot of imposters.

Looks like they already have no respect or care for Naismith.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Scott Monument said:

Sniff!

way out west jambo

Why no shape change at 1-0 down. Take halliday or grant out the midfield and throw another striker on to play off shanks 🤷🏻‍♂️

A performance on a par with the last time they beats us. We're literally back to where we were three eye bleeding years ago.

34 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Naismith…we need to start playing youth…proceeds to start Halliday and Smith, then doesn’t bring on Kuol or Oda.

The only player with any credit in that game was Sibbick.

the rest of them were a disgrace…I’m also sick of the sight of Barrie ‘bottles every challenge’ McKay…he’s a gutless coward.

The whole club is a shambles, this would be relegation form if we were not top 6.

Sibbick? Boy was hopeless out jumped for the goal and as usual weak as pee in any physical battle!

pettigrewsstylist
24 minutes ago, assessor said:

I'm thinking late 70s. Worst Hearts team ever

Its a good question actually and given where the club were financially at that time this not comparable even to that. Is this really worst result episode in 45 yrs? 

1980-81 was a long miserable season. 

vladisacoward
9 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

As in any business the buck stops at the top. They have wasted millions by their endless poor footballing decisions. In fact have they ever got one right. This is not just about todays game as that result certainly didn't surprise me, its a continual attitude that they know best, when in fact they know zilch about football. They may know plenty about business and law etc, but football? Nothing is ever going to change until Ann Budge and those who have been on the board since we came out of administration go. That's now a fifteen point turn around between us and Aberdeen, an utter disgrace. The board are the problem, but are they being held to account by our FOH reps? How much more money are they going to waste, how many more shocking decisions are they going to make before they get one right. As per the silence from both will be deafening. We need a new accountable board every bit as much as we need a new coach. They should hang their heads in shame.

Hard to disagree with much of that.

Clear they are out of confidence, heads went down too easily when thing weren't working out. Would be fixed by a couple of wins, cant see them coming soon though.

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Hibs have had more fight than us the last few games. **** knows how we got convincing wins.

Agree fully. This was overlooked as we won 3-0 twice. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

Clear they are out of confidence, heads went down too easily when thing weren't working out. Would be fixed by a couple of wins, cant see them coming soon though.

Poor wee lambs. Proper buzzing we have a team that can't take responsibility for itself. 

buzzbomb1958
3 minutes ago, Baldy61 said:

Naismith went with experience. Possibly have been different against anyone else.Obviously didn't work. 

I’ve heard that statement made by the happy clappers after every time we’ve played shit which has been 90% of the season ,third place is not on and the players are not up for it and I cant see this bunch of imposters winning another game

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, Baldy61 said:

This. I did think today would come too early.

3rd relies on us beating County and Sevco beating sheep IMO.

Just about still on then and hopefully SN can continue to improve performances and confidence, day on day.

vladisacoward
6 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

How is it that a club that apparently has such a good balance sheet has a non-existent midfield. I take no pleasure in saying that I’ve been on about it to my mates all season. Halliday and Grant were pretty much anonymous for the first half hour. The lack of mobility is sad to see. 

We have missed beni big time (and halkett at the back albeit he might be made of stutter style paper) but you are absolutely right.

1 minute ago, Nerja Jambo said:

What part is nonsense?

Weve lost a derby and were all annoyed and hurting, but blaming it all on the board is an overreaction. The board acted quickly to get rid of Neilson and if anyone thinks any manager is going to come in and after a week its all great again are deluded. Next week is massive. 

16 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Agreed on both counts 😄

Que sera sera. Nothing to be gained from us shouting abuse at them now. We need to come together and hope they get out of this rut, to give whoever is in the hotseat next season, the best platform.

You can only piss with the cock you've got.

You are right!

vladisacoward
3 minutes ago, flem said:

Agree fully. This was overlooked as we won 3-0 twice. 

Also agree fully. Signs of this utter ineptitude have been there for a long time. More than long enough sadly.

Hectormasson
12 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

As I said the season is fecked tell most them to start looking for new clubs as from today ,give the youngsters the rest of the season and get a new manager in now so he can start looking for players, it’s going to cost us but put the hotel carpets on hold, it’s now a dire situation which needs addressing now 

this in fekin spades👈

pettigrewsstylist
11 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Those selecting targets

A. Relied too much on data and not character.

B. Thought they were way cleverer than they actually were.

The money spent on Kio and Grant is nowhere near "project" money.

Mistakes will happen and not all will come off but whoever signed off on that money for Kio should now need a countersigning and scrutinising approval process before they get any more £££.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

buzzbomb1958
Just now, OTT said:

Did they have the audacity to clap the fans? 

These imposters probably couldn’t manage to put their hands together 

16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That is actually a good description. The second half was almost a carbon copy of last week's shambles. We were clueless when we went behind as well.

****in joike

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Those selecting targets

Mistakes will happen and not all will come off but whoever signed off on that money for Kio should now need a countersigning and scrutinising approval process before they get any more £££.

100% 

Data has a role, but our squad is characterless and piss weak. The money we've wasted on Kio and Grant is offensive.

I'm genuinely counting down the days till we never have to see some of these shitehouses in a hearts jersey again. I wonder how much more they can embarrass us before that time comes though? Saving grace we have the split, because these clowns aren't winning another game this season. 

SM Sheffield
5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Weve lost a derby and were all annoyed and hurting, but blaming it all on the board is an overreaction. The board acted quickly to get rid of Neilson and if anyone thinks any manager is going to come in and after a week its all great again are deluded. Next week is massive. 

Nobody would expect to turn everything around in a week. What I did expect however was a change in attitude from the players and some changes in personnel. Naismith played the same players and left the same players out and his subs today were bizarre. All after talking about giving players a chance. A big improvement needed from Naismith as well as the squad next week. No lessons learned

vladisacoward
35 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Those selecting targets

Absolutely right. Almost unbelievably, you have still in recent days and weeks had some on here talking kio up. Grant is bad enough but kio? Seriously. You shouldn’t be allowed on the internet if you look at him and think he’s in any way a football player. Nothing personal against kio or grant, as you say it’s the utter imbecile at our club who saw fit to lavish not that far short of a million quid on those two (admin edit)

15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The improvement was we did get the ball forward occasionally and McKay drove up the wing more. Over all as I said after the first line it was still far too slow with no fight or desire.

Apologies. Did not mean to have a dig at you personally. I've just seen this scenario too many times since the bizarre decision to boot Tommy Walker. Some supporters seem to think that changing the manager is a panacea.

BTW I agree with your brief summary.

36 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Different budgets I suspect. That’s a complete non point. The board have put a fortune into this seasons squad. You’re chasing shadows with that argument.

No doubt about it - the Board pumped money in on wages on the basis we would nail down 3rd place and the resultant £6m.

This is a disaster for the Club in terms of bringing new players in, as well as giving our main rivals (Sheep) a huge financial boost